HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 Stanley Cup Playoffs (Non-Panthers)

Old
05-20-2012, 05:17 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
I understand the hate for the rangers, but after booth, how can you want to see Richards raise the cup?
Honestly, as far as the Rangers team, I find it extremely hard to dislike them. They play very hard in most games and for each other as much as any team in the league. It's just dealing with the bad eggs of the Rangers fans down here over the years that have ruined me rooting for them. I don't hate them anywhere as close to some other teams though.

That thought of Richards winning a Cup is something I'm really trying very hard not to think about

FlaPnthrsPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 08:19 PM
Panteras
perennial loser

I'm pulling for a Phoenix epic comeback and then beating the Rangers/NJ

Panteras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:25 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Just listened to an extensive interview on HNIC of the Devils broadcaster Cangiosi take on Deboer. Sounds like hes come along way.

According to Cangiosi, he has learned from his mistakes with the Panthers and backed off the players. He realizes he had issues with younger players. According to Cangiosi, he allows Larry Robinson to lead along with Adam Oats, and in fact he himself acts more like " a figurehead".

Looks like hes come along way from his days here. Good on him.

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 02:24 PM
King Panther
ElGrandeDbagSupreme

How about them Kings huh?! Although my first allegiance is to the Panthers I think it is safe to be a Kings fan now. Im gonna try to get tickets to game 4.

King Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 06:16 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Panther View Post
How about them Kings huh?! Although my first allegiance is to the Panthers I think it is safe to be a Kings fan now. Im gonna try to get tickets to game 4.
Congrats! That's awesome. Can't stand Richards but solid team with great goalie, and great city.

Good luck next round.

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 05:28 PM
GentlemanOfLeisure
Ride Space Mountain

From Today: De Boer and Brodeur talking about the Panthers series from a month ago.

“The Florida series was everything we could handle plus some and I don’t think anyone watching us there predicted we’d be here,” DeBoer said.

“You know what? They were good. They were a resilient team,” goaltender Martin Brodeur said of the Panthers. “They gave us as much as we could handle. Their power play was tough on us and they got themselves in games all the time because of that. I was really impressed with that team, that’s for sure. We’re fortunate to get through them. It took a lot of guts and a lot of character to do that.”

GentlemanOfLeisure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 05:29 PM
GentlemanOfLeisure
Ride Space Mountain

I really think you guys are one maybe two pieces away from being a legit cup contender.

GentlemanOfLeisure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 06:41 PM
NJ_CATS_FAN
We Suck Yet Again

I am completely pissed and disgusted and sick to my stomach that DeBoer and Kovalchuk will be in the Stanley Cup Finals. There is no way they are losing this series now. Question is, do I want to spend $350 for a ticket to go see a Stanley Cup game on a team I absolutely hate, but then again, how often do you get to go see a Stanley Cup game.

NJ_CATS_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 07:10 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_CATS_FAN View Post
Question is, do I want to spend $350 for a ticket to go see a Stanley Cup game on a team I absolutely hate, but then again, how often do you get to go see a Stanley Cup game.
Save that money to fly down and see your Florida Panthers play in a Stanley Cup game hopefully in the near future!

Old
05-24-2012, 07:21 PM
NJ_CATS_FAN
We Suck Yet Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPnthrsPunk View Post
Save that money to fly down and see your Florida Panthers play in a Stanley Cup game hopefully in the near future!
Money is not an issue for me, its just a matter of do I want to spend that much on a team I absolutely hate. But the other side of it is that its the Cup Finals. But I will be coming down for my annual one night trip in October for the home opener. Cant wait for the schedule to come out so I can see who we get this year. I was going to come down for games 1 and 2 against the Devils in round 1, but those ********** airlines wanted like a grand for the flight because it was Spring Break time.

NJ_CATS_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 09:12 PM
Cosmonaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_CATS_FAN View Post
Money is not an issue for me, its just a matter of do I want to spend that much on a team I absolutely hate. But the other side of it is that its the Cup Finals. But I will be coming down for my annual one night trip in October for the home opener. Cant wait for the schedule to come out so I can see who we get this year. I was going to come down for games 1 and 2 against the Devils in round 1, but those ********** airlines wanted like a grand for the flight because it was Spring Break time.
Go to a game, man. You can set aside your hate for one night and just enjoy the atmosphere. It's the Stanley Cup Finals.

Cosmonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 01:04 AM
nhlfan9191

I can't help but think of those glorious chances we had to end the game in game 7 overtime against jersey.

nhlfan9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 11:29 AM
KittysGotClaws
We See Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 View Post
I can't help but think of those glorious chances we had to end the game in game 7 overtime against jersey.
Those thoughts won't get any easier if Jersey wins one of the next two games.

KittysGotClaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 10:51 PM
RainingRats

Pete D serving up some nice crow to a few posters here. Adam Graves, I'm looking at you!

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 10:54 PM
PanthersHockey1
Bond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
Pete D serving up some nice crow to a few posters here. Adam Graves, I'm looking at you!
im very happy for pete deboer. Hope the Devils win the stanley cup any day of the week over mike richards and the kings.

Would i want him over kevin dineen? Absolutely not. I dont care what pete deboer does kevin dineen is my kind of guy and my kind of coach.

PanthersHockey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 11:19 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

I'm very happy for Pete as well and I'll be rooting for the Devils in the Cup. I seem to be in the minority out of all of the Panthers fans on Twitter as they all seem to hate DeBoer like he's Satan and the Devils because they beat us. I always liked Pete and think he's a great coach, just not the right one for us. Over the last few days, whomever said it previously is right that there is no way I can root for the Kings with Mike Richards on the squad. The thought of him lifting a Cup over his head just sickens me to all hell. It should be a great series that I really am looking forward to seeing for sure.

Old
05-26-2012, 12:07 AM
zeroG

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
ugh... with that "junior coach" talk i knew he'd be looking kinda foolish soon enough. just didn't think it'd be so soon. bitter pill for him to swallow with his rangers losing too.

as for the other posters... why wasn't he the right coach for us? because he had 3 GMs in 3 years and was given trash to work with? GR had to back pedal on twitter an hour ago to say dineen was a great hire after patting pete on the back too much. i like dineen as a person but his team, for all of its exuberance and happy talk off the ice (lots of it simply marketing), was ragged for the most part. there's not much doubt in my mind we gave up the better coach and no, we didn't have to. there's absolutely no reason he couldn't have worked with any decent group thrown in front of him. he was never given the chance. i knew this and said this last summer and all year, fwiw.

having said all that, dineen is a good guy. as a fan of the team, i have to hope he figures out what he's doing back there.

Last edited by zeroG: 05-26-2012 at 12:17 AM.
zeroG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 01:46 AM
Basement Cat
RIP Loko

2 series later and guess what?....the under appreciated Cats are the team that gave us the biggest challenge. Still have massive respect for the Panthers.

Basement Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 03:27 AM
Panthers607
HFBoards Sponsor

LA/NJ final.... Pete on one side and MR and Jeff Carter on the other...

Kings for me. Quick is awesome.

Panthers607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 03:35 AM
MickOlax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basement Cat View Post
2 series later and guess what?....the under appreciated Cats are the team that gave us the biggest challenge. Still have massive respect for the Panthers.
Thanks mate. It's nice to hear that even though I don't think that too many people realize that.

Because of your good run, it just makes us think about "what-if's" even more.

I wish you all the best and hope you guys beat the Kings as Quickly ( ) as possible. Then we can really say that we only lost to the best! Good luck!

-L-

MickOlax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 04:31 AM
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basement Cat View Post
Seriously. Total truth. And IMO, it was coaching.

The Panthers had a total strategy for beating the Devils and they STUCK to it, no matter what. Serious discipline.

I think the first 2 games the Devils arrogantly didn't take Florida seriously, but by Game 3, they took the Panthers as serious as a heart attack.

BenedictGomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 04:34 AM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
Seriously. Total truth. And IMO, it was coaching.

The Panthers had a total strategy for beating the Devils and they STUCK to it, no matter what. Serious discipline.

I think the first 2 games the Devils arrogantly didn't take Florida seriously, but by Game 3, they took the Panthers as serious as a heart attack.
You still coming around here? Lol.

nhlfan9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 10:24 AM
SoupyFIN
#character

vCash: 50
Have to say Devils on this one. Both teams have that one dirty somebody to hate (Kovy&Richards), but Queens being divisional rivals with Sharks makes it worse.

SoupyFIN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 10:29 AM
Basement Cat
RIP Loko

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickOlax View Post
Thanks mate. It's nice to hear that even though I don't think that too many people realize that.
It's insane how little respect Florida gets. Hell, even our own players did not think much of you guys in the first 3 games of the series (after game 3, Marty said that they did not expect to be tested this early----ARE YOU KIDDING ME???).

Honestly speaking, throughout this run (where we faced our two biggest rivals), I was never more worried and anxious than during the Florida series. Now, some of it had to do with us needing to get over that 1st round hurdle, but a lot of it had to do with just how well Florida matched up against us and carried out their game plan. You guys have a great team here, and that is what is important.The individual talent will take a step up when your blue chip prospects develop a bit more. I can't wait to see Huberdeau (sp?) get going at the NHL level and I can already tell that I will hate Guds for a while but he is a beast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickOlax View Post

Because of your good run, it just makes us think about "what-if's" even more.

I wish you all the best and hope you guys beat the Kings as Quickly ( ) as possible. Then we can really say that we only lost to the best! Good luck!

-L-
Puns are my type of humor.

Basement Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 02:52 PM
Dread Clawz
Markstrom Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
I understand the hate for the rangers, but after booth, how can you want to see Richards raise the cup?
Eh, players change teams so much nowadays that if you root against a team because you hate a player, you'd be rooting against almost every team. It's not like I'm rooting for Richards, but I would like to see the Kings win it. It'd be interesting and I like their team, young up and comers with a lot of talent. I always thought of their team as similar to ours but a couple years ahead of us in their rebuild.(Hopefully! lol) IMO the hate is just not worth it. I just enjoy hockey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGoalie72 View Post

O RLY?!?! On your knees darling!

since '05 my friends!~!
I loved his Game 5 performance.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote