HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hank on with Francesa at 5:40 PM and Torts on Michael Kay at 5:45 PM

Old
04-12-2012, 09:31 AM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Would you rather he pretend he did?

Look, I think he's often a blowhard but he's been pretty good with the hockey interviews. In some ways they've been better than his basketball, football, baseball, horse racing interviews because he doesn't try to show how smart he is and compete with the interviewee.
Why not Boomer & Carton? Carton is an idiot when it comes to hockey but at least Boomer knows his stuff, and there would have been an actual good flow with regards to a hockey discussion.

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 09:32 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post
Torts was on Mad Dog radio too at around 5pm (1700 for you military types)

Russo called Alfredsson "Fredrickson"

Torts sounded like a hypocrite. He said "stick to the game plan' and never make big changes even after a loss, yet he's shuffling his lines and PP units if the team is down 1-0 and the Rangers go from trapping to heavy forecheck on a period to period basis.
FYI every team in the league does this.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 10:02 AM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Can't comprehend how one finds horse racing more interesting than hockey.

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 10:13 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
Why not Boomer & Carton? Carton is an idiot when it comes to hockey but at least Boomer knows his stuff, and there would have been an actual good flow with regards to a hockey discussion.
Do you mean why wasn't Hank on with B&C? Who knows. Hanks schedule didn't work out. Or maybe they wanted Hank on right in the middle of afternoon drive time.

But that doesn't change the fact that Mike did a decent job.

04-12-2012, 10:19 AM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
Do you mean why wasn't Hank on with B&C? Who knows. Hanks schedule didn't work out. Or maybe they wanted Hank on right in the middle of afternoon drive time.

I actually find it infuriating that we have hockey guys going on a sports radio show where the guy is oblivious to hockey.

Why not put them on a news station? Chances are better that someone there may actually have some hockey knowledge.

Old
04-12-2012, 10:25 AM
McDunna with Fries

Quote:

They just had Boyle on the day before. Francesa always does a decent job with hockey interviews.. that doesn't change the fact that he's a complete d-bag for being a sports guy in a major market city and not watch a SINGLE hockey game all season. That's just being irresponsible and arrogant. He covers sports, not "all sports except for hockey." Do your job, Fatcesa.

McDunna with Fries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 10:26 AM
lundy

Parise was on boomer and carton this morning. Boomer kept saying how he wants Parise to sign for the Rangers. Thanks, Boom!

lundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 10:46 AM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lundy View Post
Parise was on boomer and carton this morning. Boomer kept saying how he wants Parise to sign for the Rangers. Thanks, Boom!
I rest my case.

Old
04-12-2012, 10:51 AM
Zats Muccarello
Grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbaynyr View Post
owned.

Zats Muccarello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 10:56 AM
Jersey Girl

Quote:

Look, I think he's often a blowhard but he's been pretty good with the hockey interviews. In some ways they've been better than his basketball, football, baseball, horse racing interviews because he doesn't try to show how smart he is and compete with the interviewee.
TOTALLY agree. I think he's a blowhard and very arrogant, but I liked the interview. Fair questions about the number of games played this season, playoff preparation, etc. And you're right, when Francessa interviews people in other sports he's always making sure he's imparting HIS wisdom. More than once the answer from Girardi, Collins, Coughlin, etc., after a long-winded Francessa diatribe, is 'you're right Mike'.

Then yesterday the first caller tells Francessa he did a rotten interview because he doesn't know hockey. Says if he knew hockey he would have asked Hank about the Vezina Trophy. Jeez. For perhaps the first time in my life I was happy to hear Francessa put a hockey fan in his place.

And he was WAY pumped up about 1994, describing how intense the entire city was during the Devils and Canucks series.

Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 11:45 AM
ck20

vCash: 50
Quote:

I would much rather he actually watch a hockey game to begin with since being a sports analyst appears to be his job. FFS watch some highlights/read a couple post-game write ups even. How can an analyst not know at least a little bit about major sports trophies and front-runners? That aside, how can an analyst in New York completely sweep the Rangers' season under the rug as if it never happened? It's a shame that, even with what the Rangers have done this season, even people who's job it is to pay attention blatantly don't.

ck20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 11:49 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by htk30 View Post
I would much rather he actually watch a hockey game to begin with since being a sports analyst appears to be his job. FFS watch some highlights/read a couple post-game write ups even. How can an analyst not know at least a little bit about major sports trophies and front-runners? That aside, how can an analyst in New York completely sweep the Rangers' season under the rug as if it never happened? It's a shame that, even with what the Rangers have done this season, even people who's job it is to pay attention blatantly don't.
He's not going to. He's had a very successful without doing it. He is (or has passed himself off as) very knowledgable about the 3 sports that dominate this area. And he consistently wins his time slot.

Like I said before, his ignorance actually made for better interviews.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote