Notices

2012 Wild-Less Playoff Discussion Thread

Closed Thread

Old
04-11-2012, 10:32 PM
Northland Wild Man
Finnesotans?

vCash: 500
I didn't even see the knee at first. Also I doubt Z felt much with a helmet and visor unless it was his neck.

Old
04-11-2012, 10:43 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Also, it's important to note, that .gif is ridiculously sped up. The real time replay of it is both more and less concerning. Less concerning because it's really nearly as big or hard a hit as the .gif makes it seem, but more concerning because it looks really really deliberate rather than just an aggressive, not thinking sort of play.

Old
04-11-2012, 10:49 PM
Granlund 64

Win wise this start to the playoffs is perfect for me. Come on Kings!

Old
04-11-2012, 10:52 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
holy **** is the cbc broadcast crew horrible

Old
04-11-2012, 11:08 PM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
holy **** is the cbc broadcast crew horrible
Homerism at its best.

Old
04-11-2012, 11:09 PM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

Only got to watch highlights...Fleury looked really awful on the 2nd and 3rd goals. Can't blame him on the winner though.

Also, I know it's against the rules and he'll probably get suspended, but it was still nice to see Zetterburg get roughed up for once.

Old
04-11-2012, 11:11 PM
Granlund 64

Vancouver is just playing stupid, amateurish hockey.

Old
04-11-2012, 11:14 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamapalooza View Post
Only got to watch highlights...Fleury looked really awful on the 2nd and 3rd goals. Can't blame him on the winner though.

Also, I know it's against the rules and he'll probably get suspended, but it was still nice to see Zetterburg get roughed up for once.
Fisher laid a hit on Datsyuk and when Datsyuk got back up he gave Fisher a bunch of cheap shots. Really out of character for the former Lady Byng winner.

Old
04-11-2012, 11:18 PM
Granlund 64

We have a Willie Mitchell sighting.

Old
04-11-2012, 11:27 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Wow, they didn't review that? That looked like it was a high stick.

Old
04-12-2012, 12:22 AM
tyratoku

vCash: 710
My buddy, a hardcore Red Wings fan, blamed the loss today on that Weber hit.

Yes, the hit that happened with one second in the game left. Yes he blamed the entire game and his team losing for most of the third on a hit that happened in the last second of regulation. It was embarrassing.

Just saw Burrows get demolished by Richards. Twice.

Old
04-12-2012, 12:23 AM
NHL1674
Whatever...

vCash: 97
Richards is my hero.

Old
04-12-2012, 12:26 AM
NHL1674
Whatever...

vCash: 97
And so the excuses begin. One Nucks' fan said that the only way the Canucks lose this series is if the refs hand it to the Kings. I love how every L.A. goal is luck, while every Vancouver goal is skill.

Old
OpRedDawn*

vCash: 127
lol burrows

Lots of flopping tonight from Vanny, as expected. Way to go LA

Old
Dee Oh Cee

Canucks and Pens lose...what a great day

Old
04-12-2012, 12:59 AM
tyratoku

Watching summaries on NBCSN, a few things stuck out:

Holy balls the Canucks are soft as hell. Richards absolutely destroyed Burrows, Burrows gets up and charges after Richards, only to get knocked down again without putting up a fight. Made Burrows look terrible. Not only that, but no one came to help him out. Typical Vancouver.

Another point for them being soft as butter, on one of LA's goals, I believe the second one where they shot from the point, the defender on the Canucks literally screened Lou until the last second and then moved out of the way of the shot. Are you serious, #3? You deserve to lose if you don't think you're low enough to block a shot in the Stanley Cup Playoffs, stupid ****.

Pittsburgh deserved to lose. Even as a huge Orpik/Malkin fan(and pretty much no one else on that roster), i enjoyed watching that recap. Briere was so offsides it was not even funny, but apparently Pitts got a goal off of a botched icing call so it's all gravy.

Nashville > Detroit. **** Detroit. Nashville is my pick for the West in the playoffs this season. I should have got in on the playoffs game here but I never got around to it. I need to change my icon to something to support Nashville.

Old
04-12-2012, 01:10 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post

Holy balls the Canucks are soft as hell. Richards absolutely destroyed Burrows, Burrows gets up and charges after Richards, only to get knocked down again without putting up a fight. Made Burrows look terrible. Not only that, but no one came to help him out. Typical Vancouver.

Another point for them being soft as butter, on one of LA's goals, I believe the second one where they shot from the point, the defender on the Canucks literally screened Lou until the last second and then moved out of the way of the shot. Are you serious, #3? You deserve to lose if you don't think you're low enough to block a shot in the Stanley Cup Playoffs, stupid ****.

Pittsburgh deserved to lose. Even as a huge Orpik/Malkin fan(and pretty much no one else on that roster), i enjoyed watching that recap. Briere was so offsides it was not even funny, but apparently Pitts got a goal off of a botched icing call so it's all gravy.

Nashville > Detroit. **** Detroit. Nashville is my pick for the West in the playoffs this season. I should have got in on the playoffs game here but I never got around to it. I need to change my icon to something to support Nashville.
This:

or this:

Old
04-12-2012, 01:15 AM
tyratoku

Eh, I did it really quickly. It looks like crap but it gets the job done.

Old
04-12-2012, 01:21 AM
Avder
Global Moderator
Sleep? What's that?

Just amazed at some of the stuff that happened tonight.

Phi-Pit: Total choke job by the Pens. In full control in the first and had the Flyers rolling over, and then beaten in OT. Incredible.

Det-Nsh: Cant believe there were that many penalties over the course of a game. Detroit finally starts getting called for their famous interference? They are ****ed. And WTF was Weber thinking? I like seeing a Wing crushed against the boards as much as the next guy but that's probably gonna cost him a game or two.

LA-Van: Incredible parade to the box by Vancouver. They are lucky as all hell that LA had a suck powerplay tonight. I <3 Richards for destroying that chump Burrows. Luongo played his ass off and kept the Nucks in the game and he loses game one. [monty burns voice]Excellent.[/monty burns voice]

What a night. Glad I watched all three games in their entirety.

Old
04-12-2012, 07:44 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post

See, I watched the first 2 periods (then went to bed) and couldn't believe how poorly LA was doing in the physical department. They were being pushed off the puck far too easily, and it seemed you couldn't look at the screen without one of their players falling down. Hopefully they picked it up in the third period though. They weren't as soft as the Canucks, but if they're going to win this series, they'll need to toughen up a bit.

Old
04-12-2012, 07:53 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
Det-Nsh: Cant believe there were that many penalties over the course of a game. Detroit finally starts getting called for their famous interference? They are ****ed. And WTF was Weber thinking? I like seeing a Wing crushed against the boards as much as the next guy but that's probably gonna cost him a game or two.
The penalty calling in that game was bizarre, which I suppose is appropriate for this season. They were calling the game ridiculously close. Making soft calls that, yeah that was probably a penalty, but that doesn't even get called in the most stringent regular season games, so why's the whistle out? Then suddenly, I think it was in the third period, the refs just put the whistles away for 10 minutes. High stick? No call. Charging? No call. Interference? No call. Tripping? No call. Then suddenly the whistles were back out and Nashville couldn't take 2 steps without being called for something.

I hope Babcock gets a $10k fine thrown his way (which he won't because the league doesn't fine the Red Wings) but can't say I disagree with his comments.

As for Weber, per McKenzie this morning, Nashville has not been notified of an impending hearing. I'm surprised, but don't think he should (under Schizo Shanny's behavior) even be considered for receiving a suspension. It was retaliation for a dick move by Zetterberg. The refs on the ice thought it only deserved 2 minutes (they could have given him a game misconduct [or is it match penalty? I forget which is which], which comes with an automatic fine, and if you accrue two [three?] in a season you get an automatic suspension). Most importantly, the only standard Shanahan has ever applied even remotely consistently is the "player was/wasn't injured," and Zetterberg is fine.

Old
04-12-2012, 08:28 AM
mikko1995

Really happy that the Flyers won the Pens, I want Philly to take it all this season.

Flyers' fans were kind enough to make me a playoff avatar, too.

Old
04-12-2012, 08:34 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Philly has the be the second to last team I want to see win the cup. I'd rather see either Canadian team win it (even though that would mean no more ability to torment the wife about 1993).

Old
04-12-2012, 08:36 AM
nickschultzfan

The best thing about last night is the Nucks announcer saying the Kings "stole" game 1, even though the Kings out-shot the Nucks 39 to 26 and were the better team through most that game.

Nucks are the biggest homers and whiners.

Old
04-12-2012, 08:44 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

I'm assuming most of you watched on NBCSN. Did they have their own crew there, or did they just steal the CBC broadcast?

Closed Thread