HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Green Day to release 3 albums

Old
09-24-2012, 11:36 AM
chuckdobbins

vCash: 50
His little temper tantrum looked kinda staged to me to be honest. Either way, kind of a weak way to end a set.

chuckdobbins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 01:49 PM
Reality Check

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
His little temper tantrum looked kinda staged to me to be honest. Either way, kind of a weak way to end a set.
It's hard to say seeing as Billie Joe has had a problem with the bottle before.

Either way, whatever..

Reality Check is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 06:11 PM
Edonator
The Mightiest Club

Funny seeing him hate on Justin Bieber. Dude has more talent than Billie has, had, and ever will.

Bieber also, funnily enough, has more street cred too.

And then doing the same to Bon Jovi a few days ago?

Edonator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 07:17 PM
DuckJet
Destiny pls

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edonator View Post
Funny seeing him hate on Justin Bieber. Dude has more talent than Billie has, had, and ever will.

Are you ****ting me? I mean fine if you don't like Green Day...that's okay with me, but to say JB has more talent is a joke. He doesn't write his own songs, while Billie Joe writes songs for not just his own band but for his side projects (he's in like 3). At least 200. And he can play guitar. And he doesn't have to lip sync. Billie Joe's pubes have more talent than Bieber.

Last edited by DuckJet: 09-24-2012 at 10:09 PM.
DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2012, 02:43 PM
Takeo

DOS! tracklisting:

1. See You Tonight
2. **** Time
3. Stop When The Red Lights Flash
4. Lazy Bones
5. Wild One
6. Makeout Party
7. Stray Heart
8. Ashley
9. Baby Eyes
10. Lady Cobra
11. Nightlife
12. Wow! That's Loud
13. Amy

http://www.greenday.com/news/dos-tra...nnounced-81591

Takeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2012, 03:00 PM
DG

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Are you ****ting me? I mean fine if you don't like Green Day...that's okay with me, but to say JB has more talent is a joke. He doesn't write his own songs, while Billie Joe writes songs for not just his own band but for his side projects (he's in like 3). At least 200. And he can play guitar. And he doesn't have to lip sync. Billie Joe's pubes have more talent than Bieber.
I'm not 100% sure who is more talented, but I'm pretty sure Bieber can play the guitar.

DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2012, 05:11 PM
DuckJet
Destiny pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG View Post
I'm not 100% sure who is more talented, but I'm pretty sure Bieber can play the guitar.
I'm pretty sure Billie Joe has written more than 10 times as many songs as the Biebs.

Old
10-03-2012, 06:41 PM
Ceremony
Transcendence

vCash: 499
No way in hell Bieber's more talented than someone as power-chord happy as BJA, come on. He's written some great songs and lyrics, whether you like them or not.

ďItís embarrassing. Iím embarrassed to be here right now. Itís not even funny. And itís just embarrassing, the way we, you know, the energy we have in the room and the way we approach practices and the way we approach this game. Itís not how youíre going to win any games in this league." - Jean-Sebastien Giguere, April 8 2013
Ceremony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2012, 09:11 PM
Declassified

vCash: 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceremony View Post
No way in hell Bieber's more talented than someone as power-chord happy as BJA, come on. He's written some great songs and lyrics, whether you like them or not.
Bieber is talented, I'll definitely say that. He's really good at what he does. BJA however could be argued to be at the top of he does. Anyone who's seen Green Day live knows the guy can play the guitar.

Then again Paul Gilbert is a great player but the guy has no talent for writing songs. Song writing is a talent and its probably more lucrative, important and harder than playing the guitar at a master level.

Declassified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2012, 09:56 PM
Smelling Salt

Send a message via MSN to Smelling Salt
I love Paul Gilbert's solo stuff. Quirky and at times pretty catchy. And he just loves playing guitar.

Smelling Salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 12:34 AM
Laszlo Panaflex

I bought the new Green Day CD the day it came out and I can't say I love it. I've listened to it about 5 times in full now, but can't get into a lot of the songs. I really like "Oh Love" and a few of the other tunes, but I'm crazy about it. Maybe it will grow on me over time. I guess I'm in the minority in here because I absolutely loved American Idiot, and while I didn't like 21st Century Breakdown as much, I still feel it's a strong album overall.

Laszlo Panaflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 12:53 AM
DuckJet
Destiny pls

It's more in the vein of their old work. If you love Poly-Green Day better than these albums won't necessarily be for you.

Old
10-04-2012, 02:10 AM
Everlasting

vCash: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Declassified View Post
Bieber is talented, I'll definitely say that. He's really good at what he does. BJA however could be argued to be at the top of he does. Anyone who's seen Green Day live knows the guy can play the guitar.

Then again Paul Gilbert is a great player but the guy has no talent for writing songs. Song writing is a talent and its probably more lucrative, important and harder than playing the guitar at a master level.
Gilberts solowork is amazing. Racer X And Gilbert is also 200000 times better then BJ on the guitar

Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 03:27 AM
buckridesagain*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG View Post
Theres a difference between knowing how to play instruments and being a musician. Jb plays the guitar but he sure as hell isnt a guitar player. Billie Joe is a musician. Hes an accomplished blues guitarist (listen to his solo on the judges daughter) and a great songwriter.

buckridesagain* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 03:55 AM
buckridesagain*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edonator View Post

beiber has more street cred? You must be joking. Billie was the youngest of 6 kids growing up in Rodeo (doubt you've ever been there). Listen to the song Welcome To Paradise to hear what it was like growing up there. When Billie was 10 years old his dad died. From that point on his family was broken and he was basicly left to fend for himself through his teenage years. He was heavily into drugs and booze. beiber on the other hand was raised up to be that good little church boy.

Old
10-04-2012, 08:35 AM
Declassified

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckridesagain View Post
Theres a difference between knowing how to play instruments and being a musician. Jb plays the guitar but he sure as hell isnt a guitar player. Billie Joe is a musician. Hes an accomplished blues guitarist (listen to his solo on the judges daughter) and a great songwriter.
While not quite as finished as the final album version, I just love this version from Highschool. This is what Green Day is about, having fun and then having more fun, also, original drummer alert!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpxHChwdCBI

Old
10-04-2012, 08:58 AM
buckridesagain*

Quote:
While not quite as finished as the final album version, I just love this version from Highschool. This is what Green Day is about, having fun and then having more fun, also, original drummer alert!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpxHChwdCBI
I was at that show believe it or not.

Old
10-04-2012, 10:15 AM
Declassified

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckridesagain View Post
I was at that show believe it or not.
I can believe it. I was in san fran at the time, just across the bay...although i was only 4 years old.

Old
10-04-2012, 07:01 PM
buckridesagain*

Quote:
I can believe it. I was in san fran at the time, just across the bay...although i was only 4 years old.
Yeh, I've known about this band for years. I was in a band that played a few shows with them while they were still called Sweet Children. I remember driving 4 hours away from home to go to a show with them. When we finally arrived we found out the show was cancelled. This was long before cell phones and email so the guy putting the show on had no way of contacting us. When we arrived there was a note on the door of the club telling us sorry. We ended eating and hanging out at a dennys for a few hours. I wouldnt say I was freinds with Bill and Mike but we all knew and liked eachother. I remember the shows they would only play in front of 10-20 kids and theyd blow the roof off the place. They worked their ***** off and earned their place in the industry. It pisses me off when ignorent fools make comments like "beiber has more talent and street cred". Give me a break.

Old
10-08-2012, 06:50 AM
kingbrath

vCash: 984
Seen them live over 10 shows. Never did I regret buying a ticket.

kingbrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 12:07 AM
Laszlo Panaflex

Quote:
It's more in the vein of their old work. If you love Poly-Green Day better than these albums won't necessarily be for you.
Well, I do appreciate their other albums as well, but American Idiot is my favourite. This new album is ok, nothing mind blowing.

Laszlo Panaflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 02:23 PM
DuckJet
Destiny pls

I'll never understand why bands or record companies think it's a good idea to stream albums in full before the release date.

Old
11-06-2012, 09:23 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Quote:

I'll never understand why bands or record companies think it's a good idea to stream albums in full before the release date.
They know people will download the album illegally, so they may as well make it easier to do it in a legal sense. If people like it enough, they'll still buy it.

edit: also, that youtube clip is fake.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 12:10 AM
DuckJet
Destiny pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
They know people will download the album illegally, so they may as well make it easier to do it in a legal sense. If people like it enough, they'll still buy it.

edit: also, that youtube clip is fake.
O really? I'm too lazy too look for a good one right now.

Old
11-18-2012, 12:14 PM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

vCash: 1850
don't mind most of the stuff

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote