HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Are the Montreal Canadiens Standards too High?

Closed Thread

Old
12-04-2004, 03:39 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad The Impaler
8th member

There are seven retired "Glorieux" already, not six. I think I remember an interview where Corey said they like to wait a little before retiring players. If you look at the more recent retirements, they've been done in 75, 85 and 95. I think they like taking 10 years between them.

It would have been really nice to have a retirement in 05 to continue this tradition. Also, I think the Habs realize they may never again be such a powerhouse and they might as well take their time because it could take a looong time before new heroes wear this jersey.

Hockey players today in general have no loyalty. They're spoiled brats. In a way, this is going to allow the Habs to celebrate a time when there were heroes and glory days. It's kind of cool and a luxury very few teams have.

I have no doubt that this not an injustice. Everybody knows Larry should and will have his jersey retired. It's just a matter of time, I think. I think for sure we will see one, possibly two retirements in the next 10 years.
You make excellent points but I'm not so concerend with the wait.... my orginial concern when I created this thread was whether robinson would be recognized at all... and judging from the rersponse here, he will eventually be honoured.

Closed Thread