HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WCQF | Game 1 | (6)Blackhawks @ (3)Coyotes | 7PM |4-12-12|FSA+ NBCSN RDS CSN Chicago

Old
04-13-2012, 09:53 AM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
The crowd was really hot and the atmosphere after the win is something I don't know if I ever remember. There was so much excitement buzzing through the crowd all the way out of the building spilling into the parking lot.
And yet the haters still insist:
the game wasn't a sell-out
most people were there with free tickets
the fans were all Chicago fans
Coyotes fans have no spirit and don't know the game

That game was INTENSE. The stands were full, the crowd was loud. The small contingent of Chicago fans sitting behind me remarked "where did all of these Coyotes fans come from? I had no idea there were so many of them!" and then later "dang, these fans are LOUD!"

It just goes to show - repeat a lie often enough and people will start to believe it. It doesn't matter that those of us who were there in person and saw the full seats, the white-outfitted Phoenix fans and heard the chants and cheers know differently - it makes them happy to put us down for some reason. Jealousy? Ignorance?

I don't know how ANYONE could have looked at the stands last night and thought that the building was full of Chicago fans. 10% would be a very generous estimate.

TickleMeYandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 09:54 AM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch27 View Post
Our stories are literally exactly the same. Right down to the age I've always been a Coyotes fan but I was to young to really follow the league religiously until after the lock-out. Tonight was one of the best hockey experiences of my life as was that game 1 in 2010.
The shootout is a joke they should go 3 on 3 for 5 minutes and if its a tie so beit.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 09:59 AM
mitch27

Quote:
Originally Posted by satrabyk View Post
The shootout is a joke they should go 3 on 3 for 5 minutes and if its a tie so beit.
Huh?

mitch27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 10:02 AM
Kaizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by satrabyk View Post
Ties don't really work when you're in an elimination format.

Kaizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 10:15 AM
pfp

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxYotes85 View Post
I love this team, im gonna stroke it to Vermette tonight
way, way way TMI

pfp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 10:25 AM
pfp

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Did the Coyotes get honored for winning the division tonight and have a temporary banner in place? I missed the beginning.
nope.

pfp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 10:25 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Gonna play Debbie Downer here a little bit, now that I'm done celebrating the win:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
After the Coyotes went up a goal, they went into full PK mode. You can't give Patrick Kane, Sharp, Toews, and Hossa a thirty minute power play. You will lose.

I don't get why the Coyotes seem to think going up by two goals is against the rules and punishable by death.

Letting off the gas pedal after gaining the lead is the worst problem phoenix has. It's not lack of high end talent like everyone says, its their play when up by one. Problemo numero uno.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 10:30 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
They are being sold at Just Sports (possibly elsewhere but I'm not sure), I saw them at PV Mall but they only had 2 left in stock. Guy mentioned they may be getting more (this was Wednesday) but a lot of them were being shipped to the Just Sports at Westgate.
Do you remember the price tag, by any chance? I'm not sure it matters. I pretty much HAVE to have one.

Old
04-13-2012, 10:46 AM
zz

Quote:
Letting off the gas pedal after gaining the lead is the worst problem phoenix has. It's not lack of high end talent like everyone says, its their play when up by one. Problemo numero uno.
Completely agree.

zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 10:59 AM
MP

Quote:
Gonna play Debbie Downer here a little bit, now that I'm done celebrating the win:
I agree. So frustrating to watch. I can understand putting defense first and avoiding unnecessary risks, but the lack of a killer instinct was evident. Plus, the Coyotes gave up 40+ shots on goal last night; as defensive shells go, that one was something less than inspiring.

I'm also glad I was wrong about Pyatt. He got great elevation on that goal, and that wasn't the only solid play he made. As if we needed another reminder that Dave Tippett is better at coaching than we are...

MP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 11:02 AM
Dump and Chase
Hand of God

Huge Crowd and a sea of white. That had to be at least a bit intimidating for the Hawks.

The Yotes are the real deal. Solid game and wow! Smith is a monster between the pipes.

Here's to both teams staying healthy and a bunch more games that share thae same intensity as last night.

Dump and Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 11:23 AM
Naurutger
#FreeMax

vCash: 1329
Quote:
Originally Posted by frackiewicz View Post
And yet the haters still insist:
the game wasn't a sell-out
most people were there with free tickets
the fans were all Chicago fans
Coyotes fans have no spirit and don't know the game
What annoys me is that I want some of these free tickets...I have gotten discount tickets off of stubhub but I have never gotten free tickets! It just makes me jealous, heck even if they were preseason tickets I would be happy!

Great game! Cant wait for Saturday when I dont have to rush. Took me an hour and half just to get to the stadium and a bunch of newbies not knowing were to go slowed down traffic. But managed to grab a beer and be in my seat right at the anthem...cant complain!!!

Naurutger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 11:27 AM
doaner

With my wrk schedule, all the games are when I work. Thankfully I get score texts. Going to have to record the game Saturday.

doaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 11:36 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
What annoys me is that I want some of these free tickets...I have gotten discount tickets off of stubhub but I have never gotten free tickets! It just makes me jealous, heck even if they were preseason tickets I would be happy!

Great game! Cant wait for Saturday when I dont have to rush. Took me an hour and half just to get to the stadium and a bunch of newbies not knowing were to go slowed down traffic. But managed to grab a beer and be in my seat right at the anthem...cant complain!!!
Haha. Great point. I've followed every single game since the very first with intense interest and STILL the Coyotes have never just GIVEN me a ticket. To whom to these magical golden tickets go? Some very generous, kind hfboards posters have given me tickets, but they were purchased from the organization before I ever got them.

Where do all of these give away tickets go? Or do we consider the 50% off promotions the same as giving away half of those tickets sold? I've done the 50% off thing from the coupon books many, many times. Is that what people are talking about?

Old
04-13-2012, 11:40 AM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Even the best teams in the playoffs are going to make mistakes and the better teams capitalize on the other teams mistakes. Chicago had plenty from Shaw trying too hard to be like Carcillo to having several bad clearing attempts with the puck.

Interesting note that no one scored on the Power Play in that game and it looks like many of the Hawks Fans have been complaining about that for quite someone.

One of these teams that does get a grip on their power play is going to have a huge advantage in this series, IMO.

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 11:42 AM
Devils Advocate
mmmmmm....Crow.

Wow.

That was fun...and therapeutic.....finally got to see a Coyotes OT Playoff win in person. I missed their only other playoff OT win in 1999, but had the misery of being there for their game 6 OT loss against the Ducks in 1997, and their game 7 OT loss in 1999 to the Blues....two games which they could have move on to the 2nd round.

Nice to see a home playoff win after 5 consecutive home playoff losses too.

And it was my first non-Whiteout...and that's the way it'll be going forward. Winnipeg has their team back, they can have their Whiteout back, and to be honest when they make the playoffs, their Whiteout will put ours to shame...if only because there are few transplants there to muddy the waters like it always is here.

The best thing was not having so many Redwing fans at the game....I'm surprised there weren't more Blackhawk fans. I have to give credit where credit is due...Blackhawk fans aren't nearly as ugly as Redwing fans.

Devils Advocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 11:50 AM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

vCash: 50
Game 1 intro

Crowd video of the opening goal scored

Enjoy.

Old
04-13-2012, 12:06 PM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

I did get a free ticket. Part of the hard wy for heroes campaign. It was free to me...but only because someone else paid for it! Avalanche game on mlk day. We got about 50 for our teachers.

I really doubt playoff tickets are part of the hard way program.

TickleMeYandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 12:21 PM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

Quote:
You're not wrong, but (including last night), we are 31-1-0 after leading after the 2nd.

Blubba Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 12:22 PM
Scottrocks58*
Six

They Coyotes give me tickets. I give them money. Seems fair to me. Don't get caught up in all this "free ticket" stuff from the BOH gang. The viability of this team is as much gaining some long sought after corporate support and suite sales as it is ticket sales.

Scottrocks58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 12:22 PM
zz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubba Jenkins View Post
You're not wrong, but (including last night), we are 31-1-0 after leading after the 2nd.
I just noticed that, too. I guess Tippett knows something we don't, as usual.

zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 12:24 PM
awfulwaffle

I've been fortunate with my connections. I have someone that gets tickets from his company, that usually hand them out to clients, and I was fortunate enough to get quite a bit of those tickets. He got me tickets for the playoffs last year for my birthday, but he didn't have to pay for them, the company paid for them.

That being said, I have paid for tickets also. I'm betting the team is staying, and I will be in Phoenix by then set with my job, and I'll just be getting a seat for myself for the whole season.

awfulwaffle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 12:25 PM
lanky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP View Post
I agree. So frustrating to watch. I can understand putting defense first and avoiding unnecessary risks, but the lack of a killer instinct was evident. Plus, the Coyotes gave up 40+ shots on goal last night; as defensive shells go, that one was something less than inspiring.

I'm also glad I was wrong about Pyatt. He got great elevation on that goal, and that wasn't the only solid play he made. As if we needed another reminder that Dave Tippett is better at coaching than we are...
I know what you're all talking about and it makes it tough to watch when we're leading by one, but last night the TSN commentators said we were the best team this year in holding on to leads After two periods. If that's the case then keep it up Tip. I don't care if it's gut wrenching to watch as long as we win.

lanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 12:26 PM
AZviaNJ
@AZviaNJviaNY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Advocate View Post
Wow.

That was fun...and therapeutic.....finally got to see a Coyotes OT Playoff win in person. I missed their only other playoff OT win in 1999, but had the misery of being there for their game 6 OT loss against the Ducks in 1997, and their game 7 OT loss in 1999 to the Blues....two games which they could have move on to the 2nd round.

Nice to see a home playoff win after 5 consecutive home playoff losses too.

And it was my first non-Whiteout...and that's the way it'll be going forward. Winnipeg has their team back, they can have their Whiteout back, and to be honest when they make the playoffs, their Whiteout will put ours to shame...if only because there are few transplants there to muddy the waters like it always is here.

The best thing was not having so many Redwing fans at the game....I'm surprised there weren't more Blackhawk fans. I have to give credit where credit is due...Blackhawk fans aren't nearly as ugly as Redwing fans.
Agree on all points. Especially Hawks > Wings fans.......not even close. And must have been 75-80% Coyotes crowd last night....that was also great.

AZviaNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 12:28 PM
DarthMonty
Jurassic Park baby

vCash: 50
Congratulations! 3 more to go!

DarthMonty is offline   Reply With Quote