HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Senators Prospect Info 2011-2012 Season, Part VI

Closed Thread

Old
05-02-2012, 11:00 PM
HSF

vCash: 500
i think it is NHL or OHL for Noesen correct?

Old
05-02-2012, 11:01 PM
bdp

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
I thought that would rile a few people ....
Nice damage control

Old
05-02-2012, 11:10 PM
Tuna99

Mika Zibanejad, C ...............Sweden
Robin Lehner, G....................AHL
Jakob Silfverberg, RW............NHL
Stefan Noesen, RW...............AHL/NHL (30 Games)
Mark Stone, RW....................AHL/NHL (60 NHL Games)
Mark Borowiecki, D................NHL
Stephane Da Costa, C............AHL/NHL (5-10 Games)
Patrick Wiercioch, D...............AHL/NHL (5-10 Games)
Matt Puempel, LW.................OHL
Andre Petersson, LW..............Sweden
Jim O'Brien, C.......................NHL
Shane Prince, LW..................OHL
Nikita Filatov, LW.................Who cares + Not resigned.
Derek Grant, C......................AHL/NHL (1-2 Games)
Eric Gryba, D........................AHL/NHL (1-2 Games)
Jean-Gabriel Pageau, C..........QJMHL
Mike Hoffman, C...................AHL
Fredrik Claesson, D...............AHL
Ben Blood, D.......................AHL
David Dziurzynski, LW...........AHL/NHL (1-2 Games)

Old
05-03-2012, 09:20 AM
operasen

I think Pageau and Prince are past juniour and would be AHL. Noesen would be OHL

Old
05-03-2012, 09:26 AM
The Lehner
#LehnerTime

Correct - because of their 1992 dates of birth, both Prince & Pageau are eligible to play in the AHL next season, whereas for Puempel & Noesen, it's NHL or OHL.

Old
05-03-2012, 09:49 AM
operasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Jimmy View Post
Correct - because of their 1992 dates of birth, both Prince & Pageau are eligible to play in the AHL next season, whereas for Puempel & Noesen, it's NHL or OHL.
Good news for Binghamton. That's two really good prospects for KK to work with.

Old
05-03-2012, 02:48 PM
MoreGore

The AHL is not an easy league. Hoffman was a QMJHL mvp, and it taking him some time. Prince and Pageau are more likely to have his learning curve than Cowens.

Old
05-03-2012, 02:51 PM
H2O

I don't know about Pageau, but I'm super confident Prince will be just fine in Bingo.

Old
05-03-2012, 04:03 PM
playasRus

Bet if Prince has a tough year in the AHL he drops down to about 20th on most people's prospect lists.

Old
05-03-2012, 05:33 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreGore View Post
The AHL is not an easy league. Hoffman was a QMJHL mvp, and it taking him some time. Prince and Pageau are more likely to have his learning curve than Cowens.
Dunno if this is a really bad or good example. Hoffman went from working his way up from the ECHL to best forward on Bingo in two seasons.

Old
05-03-2012, 06:00 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
Dunno if this is a really bad or good example. Hoffman went from working his way up from the ECHL to best forward on Bingo in two seasons.
People are not going to like this but I think both Prince & Pageau will be seeing significant time in Elmira (ECHL). I just don't think there will be enough room on the Bingo roster for either & since Prince is weak defensively, it's an area that KK wants prospects to get very good at. IMO Da Costa, Zibanejad, Grant, Hamilton & maybe even Caprorusso should be ahead of Pageau at centre.

It obviously depends on who returns to Bingo but if Klinkhammer & Cannone are re-signed then that is two less positions open in Bingo. It also depends if any of these guys make Ottawa which I doubt out of training camp. This is how I think Bingo shapes up for next season:

Klinkhammer - Da Costa - Petersson - if Andre returns to NA/Bingo
Hoffman - Cannone - Zibanejad
Schneider - Grant - Stone
Dzuirzynski - Hamilton - Downing

Boroweicki - Wideman
Wiercioch - Gryba
Blood - Schira - if Schira is re-signed

Lehner - UFA

Elmira Possibilities - Prince, Pageau, Kramer, Culek, Caporusso, Cowick

Old
05-03-2012, 06:05 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
Prince is weak defensively
Not so.

Old
05-03-2012, 06:31 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
People are not going to like this but I think both Prince & Pageau will be seeing significant time in Elmira (ECHL). I just don't think there will be enough room on the Bingo roster for either & since Prince is weak defensively, it's an area that KK wants prospects to get very good at. IMO Da Costa, Zibanejad, Grant, Hamilton & maybe even Caprorusso should be ahead of Pageau at centre.

It obviously depends on who returns to Bingo but if Klinkhammer & Cannone are re-signed then that is two less positions open in Bingo. It also depends if any of these guys make Ottawa which I doubt out of training camp. This is how I think Bingo shapes up for next season:

Boroweicki - Wideman
Wiercioch - Gryba

Lehner - UFA

People don't care too much about your over 6 foot rule.

Old
05-03-2012, 06:38 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
People don't care too much about your over 6 foot rule.
Da Costa, Petersson, Cannone & Hoffman are not over 6'. As rookies in the AHL I just don't think they will beat out the guys who IMO are ahead of them on the depth chart.

Old
05-03-2012, 06:51 PM
Ice-Tray

Quote:

Boroweicki - Wideman
Wiercioch - Gryba

Lehner - UFA

Brian Murray decides where they play, not the coach, and he's on the record as being very high on Pageau. He'll be in Bingo.

Old
05-03-2012, 07:21 PM
QuietOnTheFront
@QuietOnTheFront

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice-Tray View Post
Brian Murray decides where they play, not the coach, and he's on the record as being very high on Pageau. He'll be in Bingo.
Ya I remember during draft time last year they went to go scout Huberdeau in the Q playoffs against Pageau and the Olympiques. I remember reading that Murray said let's take both of them. He was impressed at his compete and skill. Coming from Murray who usually likes to draft bigger players, that's pretty high praise.

Old
05-03-2012, 07:37 PM
Pilgore88

Quote:

Boroweicki - Wideman
Wiercioch - Gryba

Lehner - UFA

Murray has already stated that Pageau would have played in Bingo this year if he was allowed. He will be in Bingo next year, as will Prince.

Old
05-03-2012, 10:07 PM
derriko

I think they both will make it for apparent reasons. Though how much JGP plays will depend on Locke getting resigned, and players like Caporusso's improvement. Three scoring lines could work, but Locke / Da Costa / JGP is pretty small and weak for centers, and Grant is also real skinny, albeit tall.

Even at the AHL level that's probably not enough strength and size...

But Aragorn, I will have to slightly agree with you on one point even though I'll get bashed as well. I think Prince is getting a littler overrated. I like the guy, and I definitely think he will make the AHL next year, but playing in Ottawa definentely beefs up his hype more than it should

Old
05-03-2012, 10:11 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by derriko View Post
I think they both will make it for apparent reasons. Though how much JGP plays will depend on Locke getting resigned, and players like Caporusso's improvement. Three scoring lines could work, but Locke / Da Costa / JGP is pretty small and weak for centers, and Grant is also real skinny, albeit tall.

Thing is about a guy like Caporusso...the Sens are going to place Prince and Pageau's development ahead of the much older Caporusso who doesn't appear to have a legitimate NHL upside.

The only way a guy like that gets in the way is if Pageau and Prince show poorly at AHL camp.

Old
05-03-2012, 10:34 PM
derriko

Isn't Pageau 20? I think Louie is 22.... Also Pags was a 4th rounder and Louie was a 3rd. So I dont think either has any real priority in development and Cap has 1 year pro experience.

Old
05-03-2012, 11:23 PM
MAK19

Quote:

But Aragorn, I will have to slightly agree with you on one point even though I'll get bashed as well. I think Prince is getting a littler overrated. I like the guy, and I definitely think he will make the AHL next year, but playing in Ottawa definentely beefs up his hype more than it should
I agree with MoO, Prince and Pageau are ahead of Caporusso. I think Pageau is more of a winger at the pro level. Would be nice to see something like this.

Hoffman - Da Costa - Stone
Prince - Zibanejad - Petersson
Schneider - Cannone - Pageau
Kramer - Grant - Dziurzynski
Cowick, Hamilton, Caporusso

Old
05-03-2012, 11:55 PM
God Says No

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19sens11 View Post
I agree with MoO, Prince and Pageau are ahead of Caporusso. I think Pageau is more of a winger at the pro level. Would be nice to see something like this.

Hoffman - Da Costa - Stone
Prince - Zibanejad - Petersson
Schneider - Cannone - Pageau
Kramer - Grant - Dziurzynski
Cowick, Hamilton, Caporusso
that lineup is sexy, but i wouldn't mind getting some kind of veteran ahl'er (a la locke, parish) to help out the kids.

Old
05-04-2012, 12:19 AM
sg58

Gotta think Ziba's gonna be a winger, too.

Old
05-04-2012, 12:22 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Isn't Pageau 20? I think Louie is 22.... Also Pags was a 4th rounder and Louie was a 3rd. So I dont think either has any real priority in development and Cap has 1 year pro experience.
Caporusso was a 3rd in 2007 when everyone from Tim Murray on down through the scouts was not there. This type of reasoning doesn't hold true in all cases...but Caporusso is barely a prospect.

They had Prince ranked in their 1st round and they speak very highly of Pageau. Both got NHL pre-season games right after their draft, Caporusso has yet to get a game despite being picked 4 years earlier. I've never heard them speak anything about Caporusso that didn't come off as them highly questioning whether he'll even be that good of an AHLer.

I expect there will be some decisions next year in Binghamton that will make it clear we are putting individual development well ahead of team performance. Room will likely be made for the prospects we like and want to see play at that level. I expect Prince and Pageau will be there but there play ultimately will decide that.

I also think we might see some interesting decisions made in regards to the depth forward positions on the big team. Probably the most true competition at camp we've had in a long long time. A guy like Mike Hoffman probably gets a real chance to make the team for the first time.

It's true though, lots of bodies throughout the organization. Don't be surprised if you see a deal come out of no where.

Last edited by Minister of Offence: 05-04-2012 at 12:28 AM.
Old
05-04-2012, 12:38 AM
Berserker*

Quote:
Da Costa, Petersson, Cannone & Hoffman are not over 6'. As rookies in the AHL I just don't think they will beat out the guys who IMO are ahead of them on the depth chart.
I thought Hoffman was now listed at 6'1. He might need to put on a bit more weight to make the NHL but at this point I would consider him to be the size of an average NHL player.

In regards to Prince, he is listed at either 5'10 or 5'11 which is a negligible difference from the average NHL player. Also Mike Richards and Brenden Morrow are both listed at 5'11 and they are two of the toughest players in the league, so I wouldn't consider Prince's height to be an issue. In regards to his weight, he is listed at 180-190 lbs, he could probably put on 10-15 lbs if he puts in the work at the gym this summer. That would put him at 195-205 lbs come training camp, which would make him the size of an average or near average NHL player which would be good enough to be able to play in the AHL.

Closed Thread