HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Senators Prospect Info 2011-2012 Season, Part VI

Closed Thread

Old
04-19-2012, 09:35 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveChrisNeil View Post
Filatov would have to put on a whole lot of muscle to be a Radulov.
You mean a whole lot of fat?

Old
04-19-2012, 10:14 PM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
You mean a whole lot of fat?
Radulov is like Ovie. He has some fat, but a lot of muscle too.

Old
04-19-2012, 10:34 PM
PatrickEaves
Karan S'Jet

I don't think Filatov and Radulov play alike at all.

Filatov is a skilled puckhandling perimeter player. Radulov's game is in the mid slot. The guy is one of the best skilled forwards I've seen at screening the goalie while also being in position for deflections and rebounds.

Most guys whose game is based around screening the goalie are closer in, take much more punishment and don't have nearly as good a shot.

Old
04-19-2012, 10:49 PM
N Bahn Ahden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
I still would like to see both Stone and Dziurzynski get an opportunity to play for the sens in the playoffs. I think both could make a decent impact.
Obviously anything is possible, but basically, they won't. There are a lot of people ahead of both of them.

Old
04-19-2012, 11:56 PM
Berserker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by N Bahn Ahden View Post
Obviously anything is possible, but basically, they won't. There are a lot of people ahead of both of them.
Tim Murray said in a recent interview with the Team 1200 that Silfverberg is the most NHL ready prospect, followed closely by Zibanejad and Stone. When he was discussing this, he was mentioning it in the context of these guys getting an opportunity to play in the playoffs.

The only people ahead of Stone at this point are the current roster players/ back ups (Daugavins, Klinkhammer, Butler, etc), then Silfverberg, then Zibanejanad and possibly Hoffman. With Zibanejad's sickness, injury I think there is a low probability that he plays so I would put Stone ahead of him. Silfverberg ahead of Stone is self evident, based on the year he had. Hoffman could also possibly be ahead of Stone because Maclean seems to like his playing style and almost played him last game. Now that is still a lot of players ahead of Stone, but he still would be one of the first picks among the black aces squad.

Old
04-20-2012, 08:43 AM
Dr.Sens(e)

The one advantage Stone has over most of the other forwards is his size and ability on the cylce. He is the kind of guy they could throw into the top 6, or even with Smith and Condra. The same can be said for Zibanejad of course, but with his injury, that could vault Stone up a bit a head of guys like Hoffman and Petersson. Certainly Silfverberg is at the front of the line and I would be very surprised if he doesn't make his debut on Monday. He is likely in a Sens uniform for good, starting from then.

Old
04-20-2012, 10:47 AM
Cujomi
Hart en Ziel

Silfverberg, if he can stay healthy and live up to his potential, can be better than Alfredsson. (Let the flaming begin.)

Old
04-20-2012, 10:57 AM
Marble

What I love about these boards is how we keep a level head about our prospects and don't expect too much of them.

Old
04-20-2012, 10:59 AM
starling

I don't quite like Silf skating tbh. It's far from being elite.

Old
04-20-2012, 11:09 AM
mat_sens
@mat_sens #lalala

vCash: 10639
Quote:
Originally Posted by starling View Post
I don't quite like Silf skating tbh. It's far from being elite.
Don't need Elite skating when playing with Spezz. Just look at Heatley.

Old
04-20-2012, 11:19 AM
Buckleys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marble View Post
What I love about these boards is how we keep a level head about our prospects and don't expect too much of them.
I spit coffee. This is hilarious

Old
04-20-2012, 11:59 AM
JonnyMacSen
Divide and Conacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJam613 View Post
Silfverberg, if he can stay healthy and live up to his potential, can be better than Alfredsson. (Let the flaming begin.)
You're my favorite

Old
04-20-2012, 12:16 PM
Manny*

His skating is fine. Could stand to improve his acceleration, but he can move around the ice well enough. That being said, it's something I'm sure he knows he has to work on.

Mark Stone and Mike Hoffman took turns on the second line today in practice. Mark stone will make the trip to New York.

Uffe Bodin on the TEAM1200 talking Jakob Silfverberg and Mika Zibanejad:
http://soundcloud.com/uffebodin/uffe...on-silfverberg

Old
04-20-2012, 12:51 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
He's one playoff goal better than Alfredsson in Sweden.

Old
04-20-2012, 01:17 PM
Cujomi
Hart en Ziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
He's one playoff goal better than Alfredsson in Sweden.
If you compare their relative seasons and ages it becomes a lot more impressive.

At the same age they aren't even comparable as crazy as that sounds.

Old
04-20-2012, 01:25 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
If you compare their relative seasons and ages it becomes a lot more impressive.

He's definately a very promising prospect in a long list of promising prospects for the Sens. Training camp this fall should be very interesting since there are a couple of prospects people are talking about now playing in this yr's playoffs before they have played a single regular season NHL game. Silfverberg, Stone, Hoffman, Zibanejad etc...

Old
04-20-2012, 04:08 PM
HSF

Quote:

you also have to look at era. there were probably more talented players in teh SEL around Alfie's time since the KHL wasnt a big factor

Old
04-20-2012, 05:10 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSF View Post
you also have to look at era. there were probably more talented players in teh SEL around Alfie's time since the KHL wasnt a big factor
... and it was the lockout. That was the best year of all time in terms of talent in the SEL. Silf also had like 4 or 5 empty net goals. Its an impressive record nonetheless.

Old
04-20-2012, 06:06 PM
derriko

vCash: 4116
I would love to see Stone / Foligno / Smith as a line. Put him with two big bodies who both have underrated offense

None of them are particularly slow and I think that would be a good matchup against the Boyle line

Old
04-20-2012, 06:10 PM
Asquaredx2

Quote:

Yes but Alfredsson was a late bloomer. He was an absolutely unbelievable player in 2005-2006 (and also obviously the '07 playoffs). If I remember correctly he was seen as the front-runner for the Hart before getting injured (in competition with Forsberg at the time) but still finished with a gaudy 43 goals and 103 points. Also IIRC he was the third-highest scoring player of the previous decade.

So it'd take a helluva lot for Silfverberg to surpass either Alfredsson's peak or Alfredsson's over-all career.

If Silfverberg can be a good two-way 25-goal 60 point top-6er we should be really happy.

Old
04-20-2012, 07:32 PM
Kenny Bania
Thats gold Jerry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSF View Post
The "era" Alfie set the record in was 2005 during the lockout. He was 32. The quality of competition in the SEL was far superior at the time. Henrik Lundqvist was his goalie that year.

Him and Silf's year are hardly comparable.

Old
04-20-2012, 10:54 PM
The Expert
Registered Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
... and it was the lockout. That was the best year of all time in terms of talent in the SEL. Silf also had like 4 or 5 empty net goals. Its an impressive record nonetheless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Bania View Post
The "era" Alfie set the record in was 2005 during the lockout. He was 32. The quality of competition in the SEL was far superior at the time. Henrik Lundqvist was his goalie that year.

Him and Silf's year are hardly comparable.
CJam was comparing them at the same age, as in when Alfie was Silfverberg's age.

Old
04-21-2012, 07:15 AM
Sens Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asquaredx2 View Post
Yes but Alfredsson was a late bloomer. He was an absolutely unbelievable player in 2005-2006 (and also obviously the '07 playoffs). If I remember correctly he was seen as the front-runner for the Hart before getting injured (in competition with Forsberg at the time) but still finished with a gaudy 43 goals and 103 points. Also IIRC he was the third-highest scoring player of the previous decade.

So it'd take a helluva lot for Silfverberg to surpass either Alfredsson's peak or Alfredsson's over-all career.

If Silfverberg can be a good two-way 25-goal 60 point top-6er we should be really happy.
Well Alfie did at age 23 win the Calder trophy then had an even better sophmore year. Then he started having that series of injuries each year for the next 4 seasons. Not really a late bloomer, he could have started to peak early then just before and after the lock out but he kept missing 20+ games a year... his first full season after his sophmore year was at age 29 when he got 37 goals.... 9th in the NHL.

We will see obviously whether Silfverberg can ever approach Alfredsson. It depends a ton on how he adapts to the NHL obviously. We will always remember Alfie skating into the zone... circling inside the blue line and keeping it away from his checker and slowing things down for a great smart pass to start the Senators on a possession in the offensive zone. No one in the NHL in Alfie's career had the same ability to get the puck then calmly slow it down, pull the puck out of trouble and protect it with his body and his stick and then make that smart pass to maintain possession. Alfie plays a 1-2 second version of keepaway while he also recognizes everything going on around him. No one else can do it like him and it is a HUGE part of his game... it is a move that has paid so many dividends over the years. He doesn't just do it in the offensive zone... even on defence or the neutral zone he does it. Gets possession... pulls away and protects the puck and makes a smart play with it.

The point of that is.... Silfverberg... if he has some kind of patented move, something he does that no one else does as effectively, maybe he gets in 15+ years of star level play like Alfie. He hasn't played in NA... we don't know how he will adapt. He could be a 20-25 goal sniper on the 2nd or 3rd line... or a superstar PPG guy that gets 35+ goals a year. I think we will see who he is and is going to be by Christmas next year. He will get better obviously after that but we will see how good he is by then. Is he gonna be Karlsson, Alfie good or just a decent forward? It will take awhile to see... but not years and years.

Old
04-21-2012, 07:27 AM
mianjo

Prince 0 lost 2-1 in ot

Culek 0 won 4-1

Pageau 0 lost 4-1

Fire Murray.

Old
04-21-2012, 09:52 AM
Jonathan81

I also really hope that Siflverberg turns out to be the next Alfie. This team already need a couple of top six foward and when Alfie will retire it will be another spot to fill on the top six( not to mention top 3).

Now i'm not sure that Silfverberg got all the tools Alfie has. Alfie is excellent skater ( even if he was faster in his prime), we all saw that he still got his laser shot at the all-stars game, he got a good puck control and passing. On the top of that Alfie got a tremendous work ethic and like the other nhl taicho, he can change a game by himself when he release his BANKAI.

Nevertheless, i can wait to see what Silfverberg will bring to this team, he really seems to be a top 6, wich his good for us and the overall skills of the team.

Closed Thread