HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

No Season ending Presser

Old
04-12-2012, 11:57 AM
aceface33

vCash: 500
Listening to Blacks show this morning I believe they don't screen the calls. The fans went after him hard on Regier and Ruff.

aceface33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 12:00 PM
vcv
Deal with it

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceface33 View Post
Listening to Blacks show this morning I believe they don't screen the calls. The fans went after him hard on Regier and Ruff.
Well, they *kind of* do.

Dan Fisher said if someone calls and says they want to ask "Why do you like losing?", they won't put 'em on because it's not a serious question.

vcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 12:01 PM
aceface33

Quote:
Originally Posted by volatile View Post
Well, they *kind of* do.

Dan Fisher said if someone calls and says they want to ask "Why do you like losing?", they won't put 'em on because it's not a serious question.
Ah, makes sense. I was thinking of the guy who said "you only come on this show to boost your ego" to Black.

aceface33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 12:03 PM
vcv
Deal with it

Quote:
Ah, makes sense. I was thinking of the guy who said "you only come on this show to boost your ego" to Black.
I believe that guy lied about what he was going to say, but who knows.

Old
04-12-2012, 12:18 PM
La Cosa Nostra
Eichel welcome 2 BUF

I applaud TBN for telling it how it is instead of sugar coating it. The Sabres have turned into a disgrace and the fans who are parading their anti TBN stance are no different then a Bucky Gleason. I guess keeping the same incompetent coach & GM around makes the fans very sensitive whenever the Buffalo media bashes them

Haven't heard a peep out of Pegula in months, instead he sends his idiot minion Ted Black to speak. Ted Black is only concentrated on next years season ticket delivery by Pegula Ruff and the players, he will instruct Pegula to have a beer at a fans house again to increase his popularity

Pegula has been a terrible owner, too in awe of his coach and GM to actually do something worthwhile. The only thing he has done is spend his money stupidly. He holds his coach and GM unaccountable for anything that has happened and instead has blamed injuries. hockey heaven is a joke, they didn't even make it in the top half of the NHL, let alone the most desirable place in the league ( only for fringe players where we can pay them 4.5 a year is Buffalo the most desirable place )

Next year when we miss the playoffs, Pegula through his proxy Ted Black will state Ruff and Regier are going no where ( just like the team, going nowhere) ruff and Regier, employed since 1997 and they have delivered ZERO cups. When hotbeds like Tampa and Carolina have won cups before we have, that says something about the people at the helm (Ruff & Regier and now Ted Black)

Last edited by La Cosa Nostra: 04-12-2012 at 12:23 PM.
La Cosa Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 12:25 PM
Sabretip

Quote:
Pegula/Black held one last year because they had just bought the team.
More specifically, Black said on WGR today that the main reason they held one last year was to announce the contract extension of Ruff - as we all remember, the "Lindy ain't going nowhere" proclamation in February wasn't officially executed until Ruff's contract was renewed.

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 12:28 PM
Sabretip

Quote:
Well, they *kind of* do.

They often have the "whiner line" calls precede the morning segments so I don't doubt that many callers dial in for Black with the kind of rants that occur on the "whiner line".

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 12:31 PM
WhoIsJimBob
#TankEnvy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddieBisco View Post
I applaud TBN for telling it how it is instead of sugar coating it. The Sabres have turned into a disgrace and the fans who are parading their anti TBN stance are no different then a Bucky Gleason. I guess keeping the same incompetent coach & GM around makes the fans very sensitive whenever the Buffalo media bashes them

Haven't heard a peep out of Pegula in months, instead he sends his idiot minion Ted Black to speak. Ted Black is only concentrated on next years season ticket delivery by Pegula Ruff and the players, he will instruct Pegula to have a beer at a fans house again to increase his popularity

Pegula has been a terrible owner, too in awe of his coach and GM to actually do something worthwhile. The only thing he has done is spend his money stupidly. He holds his coach and GM unaccountable for anything that has happened and instead has blamed injuries. hockey heaven is a joke, they didn't even make it in the top half of the NHL, let alone the most desirable place in the league ( only for fringe players where we can pay them 4.5 a year is Buffalo the most desirable place )

Next year when we miss the playoffs, Pegula through his proxy Ted Black will state Ruff and Regier are going no where ( just like the team, going nowhere) ruff and Regier, employed since 1997 and they have delivered ZERO cups. When hotbeds like Tampa and Carolina have won cups before we have, that says something about the people at the helm (Ruff & Regier and now Ted Black)

That's all I got for that.

WhoIsJimBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 12:32 PM
WhoIsJimBob
#TankEnvy

Quote:
Did anyone ask what it would take for Pegula & Black to replace Regier and/or Ruff?

Old
04-12-2012, 12:33 PM
Zip15

vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bob View Post
Being someone who is a part of a sports-talk radio show and someone who has called into WGR, I bet I know what they see on the screen.

WGR usually asks the caller their name, where they are from, and what they want to talk about.

Black likely saw a list like this:

Line 1 - Bob, Buffalo - Why is Regier coming back?
Line 2 - Ted, Cheektowaga - Why is Ruff coming back?
Line 3 - Sue, Amherst - Thanks

WGR has never pre-screened calls and dropped out people with hard questions when I've called. They do pre-screen to make sure that things stay on topic.

For instance, they would screen out people that wanted to talk about the Bills while Black was on.
Black addressed this today and said that during his first couple in-studio segments that he told the guys he doesn't need to see the board before they put the caller live.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 12:34 PM
Afino
The Juice

Surprised Harrington took a break from *****ing about the blooper reel to pay attention to actual hockey.

Afino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 12:45 PM
ADoubleD

Quote:

Pegula's only owned the team for one year.

Give me a break agree with it or not, but he's giving the coach and GM a chance to see what they can do under his ownership. I'm not exactly thrilled they aren't making changes but I get it. I highly doubt that Pegula's gonna stand pat if things don't go well this offseason and next season.

ADoubleD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 12:49 PM
BlueLineDangler92

Quote:

Did you forget the ?

BlueLineDangler92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 12:53 PM
ADoubleD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afino View Post
Surprised Harrington took a break from *****ing about the blooper reel to pay attention to actual hockey.
This is why Harrington and the other clowns at the Buffalo News annoy people. It gets annoying to see him complain every game about the blooper reel they play during commercial breaks at games like it's something that matters. When he could be you know talking about the actual game.

I don't think Jerry Sullivan even knows that much about hockey. He goes on and on about how Regeir, Ruff, Roy etc. suck, but I guarantee if you asked him to point to actually intelligent reasons why he wouldn't be able to. All he'll do is say they missed the playoffs or didn't win that's why. Whether or not it's true isn't the point he's a journalist whose job is to do those things. Guarantee you he can't tell you what players strengths or weaknesses are, or what Ruff or Regeir do well or poorly.

That's ok if your just the average fan posting on a message board, or on Twitter, but not for someone whose supposed to be a sports journalist.

ADoubleD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 12:57 PM
Ruckus007
Said too much

Quote:

I think I get it, but I'm not sure.

Ruckus007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 12:59 PM
Duddy
Everyday is

time for golisano to get the team back, so we can have that great offseason presser on how we're a small market team, are poor and can't keep our best players, but they've tried.

yay

Duddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 01:03 PM
CrankyJay

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerFan1 View Post
Its not hard to go on a radio show that won't ask you any difficult questions.
Did you actually listen this morning? Ted got **** on by people calling in.

CrankyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 01:06 PM
vcv
Deal with it

Oh boy. Let's give this a shot.

Quote:
I applaud TBN for telling it how it is instead of sugar coating it.
No one has issue with "sugar coating".

Quote:
The Sabres have turned into a disgrace and the fans who are parading their anti TBN stance are no different then a Bucky Gleason.
We're not professional journalists.

Quote:
I guess keeping the same incompetent coach & GM around makes the fans very sensitive whenever the Buffalo media bashes them
Not even sure what're you're trying to get at here.

Quote:
Pegula has state multiple times that he doesn't like to be in the spotlight. It's Black's choice to do the weekly segments on WGR.

Quote:
Pegula has been a terrible owner,
It's been a year, this is ****ing laughable.

Quote:
too in awe of his coach and GM to actually do something worthwhile.
Oh good, an assertion that can't be countered because it can't actually be proven either way.

Quote:
The only thing he has done is spend his money stupidly.
Examples?

Quote:
He holds his coach and GM unaccountable for anything that has happened and instead has blamed injuries. hockey heaven is a joke, they didn't even make it in the top half of the NHL, let alone the most desirable place in the league ( only for fringe players where we can pay them 4.5 a year is Buffalo the most desirable place )
Regier, Ehrhoff don't exist in your world I guess.

Quote:
Again, another assertion that can't be disproven. Sweet argument.

Add some color to your world, maybe you won't come off as so bitter.

Old
04-12-2012, 01:07 PM
vcv
Deal with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankyJay View Post
Of course not. Why let the facts get in the way of a good agenda-driven *****-and-moan parade.

Old
04-12-2012, 01:29 PM
S319R11S16
Expect Suffering

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankyJay View Post
No I didn't. Don't have time to drop what I'm doing and throw on WGR on a seconds notice because he decides he's going to take phone calls from fans instead of having a press conference like they do every year.

Had they actually announced this and planned it out like they would a press conference, I could have listened. Since they didn't I'll have to listen to the vault when I can. It should be fun to hear what pile of **** he's going to feed us now about why they kept Lindy around.

S319R11S16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 01:31 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
No I didn't. Don't have time to drop what I'm doing and throw on WGR on a seconds notice because he decides he's going to take phone calls from fans instead of having a press conference like they do every year.

Had they actually announced this and planned it out like they would a press conference, I could have listened. Since they didn't I'll have to listen to the vault when I can. It should be fun to hear what pile of **** he's going to feed us now about why they kept Lindy around.
So you didn't listen to the segment, but you somehow feel qualified to make assertions about the quality of the questions that were asked?

Ok.

SackTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 01:32 PM
jfb392

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afino View Post
Well, he has to do something while he's not covering the mascot races at Bisons games..

jfb392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 01:37 PM
Ruckus007
Said too much

Quote:

He's been on every Thursday at this time and they archive these things. I'm actually listening to the segments right now. It's not like he walked into the studio and locked Howard and Jeremy in the closet.

Ruckus007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 02:24 PM
WhoIsJimBob
#TankEnvy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruckus007 View Post
He's been on every Thursday at this time and they archive these things. I'm actually listening to the segments right now. It's not like he walked into the studio and locked Howard and Jeremy in the closet.
I was going to say the exact same thing.

Heck, people even posted the last few days about whether he would show up today or not given that the season was over.

Haters gonna hate.....

On a tangential note, people should check to see how long it took Mike Ilitch to turn the Red Wings into a model franchise.

Ilitch bought the Wings in 1982. They didn't win a playoff series until 86-87, didn't make the Finals until 94-95, and didn't win the Cup until 96-97.

Some people around here want Ilitch-like results overnight.

Old
04-12-2012, 02:34 PM
HiddenInLight

Quote:

did you know that he is on at the exact same time every Thursday? Or how about the fact that immediatly following the segmant it is posted in its entirety on their website so that people like you who are too busy to switch on the radio, yet not too busy to ignorantly ***** on a message board, can access it and listen at their leisure? Because both are true. Don't post before you know what your talking about...you just look foolish.

By the way I havnt listened yet either because today I'm at work all day but you can bet I will listen to it before I come on here and complain about assumptions I make that may or may not even be true.

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote