HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Team Atlantic 2013 World Under 17 Challenge

Old
01-05-2013, 11:44 PM
hockey4life13

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey jockey View Post
I wonder why they take two 97's on team Atlantic, Deschene played limited ice and took stupid penalties , the other stand out Noel played 1 or 2 shifts a game and was invisable, if there are not two better 96's players in Atlantic Canada than team Atlantic is in bad shape or they have a bad selection process. Where was Spencer smallman ?
May want to get your facts straight hockey jockey. Deschenes had 1 penalty, a 2 min for tripping on a breakaway , the other was at the 60 min mark of a game. He saw plenty of ice including first PP . When Noel was on the ice he certainly wasn't invisable he had a shot on net and great rushes each time he was out.

hockey4life13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 08:22 AM
hockey jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey4life13 View Post
May want to get your facts straight hockey jockey. Deschenes had 1 penalty, a 2 min for tripping on a breakaway , the other was at the 60 min mark of a game. He saw plenty of ice including first PP . When Noel was on the ice he certainly wasn't invisable he had a shot on net and great rushes each time he was out.
I was going to reply to this but after Scoutman has posted his comments there is no need to say anymore he has made my point clear.

hockey jockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:59 AM
TonyTinglebone

[QUOTE=scoutman1;57156449]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDreamer00 View Post

Hockey Nova Scotia is probably one of the worst corrupt organizations around...
It's sad out here though in the fact that even if someone is doing there honest to god best effort and is being fair to a fault there will still be talk of them playing politics and being corrupt.

TonyTinglebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 12:35 PM
DDreamer00

[QUOTE=TonyTinglebone;57231743]
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoutman1 View Post

It's sad out here though in the fact that even if someone is doing there honest to god best effort and is being fair to a fault there will still be talk of them playing politics and being corrupt.
I agree but there are just as many whose best efforts are for the wrong reason. The system makes it easy for this to happen. My apologies for rambling but I came through when a coach took you aside and said, sorry son, you just weren't as good as some of the others, keep working to improve and see you next time. Being weeded out as part of natural selection is hard enough but when other unsavoury means are at work this is just not acceptable. But hey, politics and corruption like prostitution have been around for a long time I'm just sorry that in this case kids are involved....... As my junenvile coach once told me - work hard and hold you head high cause in the end that's all you can control!

DDreamer00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 06:58 AM
HFX902

I don't think Nickerson should have made the team hes to dumb with the puck..

great size for his age thou

HFX902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 08:30 AM
toolbear

Quote:
Atlantic always has trouble with politics in picking the team, it seems like of all the provinces they are still the ones who have not grown up to a real program yet and let high powered parents get in their ear......to leave players like Nic Blanchard from Nova Scotia off the team is just nuts. Team Atlantic seems to think the more you play your big lines the better you will keep up to the other teams with but without rest the high power lines tire out in the 3rd period and do nothing....Atlantic needs to learn coaching, they need to educate their coaches better.

Ritcey...

toolbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 04:27 PM
hockey jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolbear View Post
Ritcey...
Maybe the talent pool is just that weak in Atlantic Canada , who has some names out there that theythink would have been a good fit on the team? Does the coach have the final say who makes it or is it decided by committee ?

Old
01-10-2013, 01:58 PM
Q7scout

[QUOTE=TonyTinglebone;57231743]
Quote:

"Honest to god best effort"...........well that's your opinion.

Look at last year's team Atlantic. Can you honestly say that was an honest effort and not the coach playing favourites. If you do many would disagree and have already said so on these boards.

Q7scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 02:05 PM
Q7scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey jockey View Post
Maybe the talent pool is just that weak in Atlantic Canada , who has some names out there that theythink would have been a good fit on the team? Does the coach have the final say who makes it or is it decided by committee ?
Blanchard, Gibson, Smallman should have been there no questions asked.

That's three. Just so people know Blanchard is avg. over 2 pts per game.

Anyone else?

Q7scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 02:38 PM
PorkChopSandwiches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Call me Suds View Post
Deschenes doesn't seem to be trying. He looks like that player with flashes of talent but is always bored on the ice. Might have something to do with being stuck in NB against inferior competition for so long... Hopefully it changes in the Q or he'll be just another NB bust.
Have watched him now with U17 and a couple times here in Hfx at the ice jam. You describe him perfectly at the moment. He has all the strength and talent to play in the Q right now as a 97. Just need to see it.

PorkChopSandwiches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 07:29 PM
hockey jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey2hockey View Post
Have watched him now with U17 and a couple times here in Hfx at the ice jam. You describe him perfectly at the moment. He has all the strength and talent to play in the Q right now as a 97. Just need to see it.
I have seen him play several times this year he is physically ready to play in the Q still not convinced of his ability to play at that level, is he mentaly tough enough? he needs to have a good showing for team NB at the U-16 event in Quebec to prove his worth,there is no question he will get drafted I think 2nd or 3rd round at best.

JMO