HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Buffalo-Toronto

Old
04-12-2012, 04:17 PM
Erza Scarlet
following the mantle

vCash: 500
Buffalo-Toronto

Well probably my only time proposing and I don't care if I get bashed or what not.
I saw Luke Adam struggling with just 3 goals in 25 games in the AHL, and Colborne struggling in the 2nd half and was thinking change of scenery for both players.

To Sabres:
Joe Colborne

To Leafs;

Luke Adam

Erza Scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 04:39 PM
Dr Swag
Banned User

Colborne is our future 3rd line C. He won't be traded for Luke Adam.

Dr Swag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 04:42 PM
Loso

Interesting but I'm not sure either team would be willing to take the risk.

Colborne has more size but am I correct in saying that Adam plays more physical?

Loso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 04:42 PM
HiddenInLight

Wow Swag you sure are ignorant! I doubt you know who luke adam even is yet you think your player is that much better? Just FYI Luke Adam made the NHL club out of camp and started the season centering the first line, and was doing great until he got 'ruffed

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 04:44 PM
Gardiner Express
(base)ball is life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Swag View Post
Colborne is our future 3rd line C. He won't be traded for Luke Adam.
What?

Gardiner Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 04:44 PM
HiddenInLight

Not sure about the exact stats but adam has some size too. He plays a physical (mostly) smart game....could end up between a 2 or 3c if he can work on consistancy and his defensive game.

Old
04-12-2012, 04:48 PM
Dr Swag
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
Wow Swag you sure are ignorant! I doubt you know who luke adam even is yet you think your player is that much better? Just FYI Luke Adam made the NHL club out of camp and started the season centering the first line, and was doing great until he got 'ruffed
Not ignorant, just slightly delusional.

Good for the guy, they should keep him and hope he pans out. (which is what Leafs will do with Colborne)

Dr Swag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Loso

Quote:
Not sure about the exact stats but adam has some size too. He plays a physical (mostly) smart game....could end up between a 2 or 3c if he can work on consistancy and his defensive game.
Colborne is 6ft5 so he's bigger. He's a playmaking C who uses his body effectively *NOTE: Not physical* to shield the puck and make passes. He is high risk though, he could eventually be a low end #1 60-70PT player, or an offensive 3c.

From what I hear about Adam, he's a safer bet to be a solid 2nd line guy.

I think the Leafs would prefer to take the risk on our only C with imposing size, but it's not a horrible proposal.

Loso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
drinking bleach irl
POST MORE RECKLESS

vCash: 300
I'd do this trade. Adam's no slouch but adding a pure center to the system is good for a franchise that doesn't have many.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loso View Post
Colborne is 6ft5 so he's bigger. He's a playmaking C who uses his body effectively *NOTE: Not physical* to shield the puck and make passes. He is high risk though, he could eventually be a low end #1 60-70PT player, or an offensive 3c.

From what I hear about Adam, he's a safer bet to be a solid 2nd line guy.

I think the Leafs would prefer to take the risk on our only size with imposing size, but it's not a horrible proposal.
I'd say this is a fair assessment.

drinking bleach irl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 04:50 PM
Zip15

vCash: 50
It's not awful value. Luke completely lost his confidence when he was demoted to the 4th line and didn't have Vanek-Pominville carrying him anymore. Still, I think he can bounce back and ultimately make it as an average 2nd line winger. (Personally, I don't think he'll ever hack it at center.) Colborne, though, has never been able to dominate at the AHL level despite great size and a good skill set.

I think I'd rather use Adam as a secondary piece in a bigger deal, so pass.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 04:50 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

sounds like a pretty good move from both sides imho ... but at the same time im sure both teams are happy with their respective prospects

Phion Keneuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 04:59 PM
Layne Staley
The Future

Done.I am not as high on Adam as most Sabre fans, he has no place in the bottom 6 as he isn't physical enough, but his offense isn't good enough for the top 6, so pretty much he is a tweener forward.

Layne Staley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 05:05 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Adam was riding Vanek's and Pominville's coattails, nothing more. The reason Adam struggled wasn't because of Ruff, it was because of Adam. He simply wasn't ready.

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 05:13 PM
HiddenInLight

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveDaSwords View Post
Adam was riding Vanek's and Pominville's coattails, nothing more. The reason Adam struggled wasn't because of Ruff, it was because of Adam. He simply wasn't ready.
He was doing a good job contributing on the first line....better then chewey and roy IMO. As to what happened? Ruff took his confidence out back shot it then tossed the remains off a cliff...

Old
04-12-2012, 05:27 PM
SIDGENO8771

Nope

Colborne>Adam

SIDGENO8771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 08:52 PM
Briecheeze

Colborne is bigger. Adam is 6'2", but he probably plays with a bit more sandpaper in his game than Colborne (still learning how to use his size).

Adam is a former 2nd rounder who blossomed in the minors - was AHL rookie of the year, seems to have a bright future.

Colborne probably has a little more upside, but Adam is a bit more proven.

TBH, I'd rather swing for the fences with Colborne. You know what you get with Adam - a steady player who can slot in your 2nd line. Doesn't have the greatest hands, but won't hurt you either. Also, he fell off a cliff at the end of last season.

Colborne might not end up being much better (or may end up being worse), but if he has any possibility of panning out as a #1, the Leafs should keep him.

Briecheeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 09:17 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

vCash: 657
I'd do it, Colborne is to soft and not good enough defensively to be centring the 3rd line. His potential is well above Adam, but Adam is almost a lock to make an NHL team. Im not too high on Colborne so this is definitely something i'd consider.

The Podium is offline   Reply With Quote