HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Red Wings Prospects Tracker - Part III - Revenge of the Prospects

Closed Thread

Old
05-11-2012, 08:17 PM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesnichols14 View Post
I didnt see this posted yet.
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...qmjhl_wingers/
Jurco is #3
and it said he has really improved on his consistency
I like the part about the "tools to be an NHL player in the very near future."

Old
05-12-2012, 01:12 AM
zetterberg40

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupNazi View Post
I like the part about the "tools to be an NHL player in the very near future."
Disclaimer: for any other NHL team but Detroit.

Old
05-12-2012, 09:06 AM
sarcastro

vCash: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsMike View Post
If he gets to the NHL I will hate to hear how Tvrdon's name will be pronounced..."tuh-VUHR-duhn" I guess.
That's how I pronounce it in my head - do we know how he pronounces it?

I always pronounced Jurco as "YOOR-ko" in my head, but I can adapt I suppose...

Old
05-12-2012, 10:58 PM
Trvp Lord

Send a message via MSN to Trvp Lord
I really like Tatar as a prospect. Here's some clips of him from the game vs Canada. Not my video... Can't believe he's so young too.

Old
05-13-2012, 11:22 AM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Pretty slick. Tatar was good in the Canada game

Old
05-13-2012, 11:55 AM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
Pretty slick. Tatar was good in the Canada game
i was one of his biggest critics here i think, but this season he developed his game a lot. his scoring was maybe down a bit, but he looks like a more complete player now. and that should help him to earn a pro spot in the near future. he's not just a scorer, he can play on all lines and work himself up.

and maybe it's just me, but his skating looks a lot better.

Old
05-13-2012, 03:35 PM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

vCash: 600
Tatar is my favorite prospect in our sytsem so I may be a bit biased, but in the games I've seen him play in he has controlled the game and shown he has developed the defensive side of his game while still being able to play offensively. I hope Nyquist hasn't just assumed that the spot on the wings is already his I wouldn't be surpised to see Tatar come into camp and make the team.

Old
05-13-2012, 03:54 PM
ChadS

In an interview with a Finnish hockey site, Tatar said that he considers himself more of a playmaker than a sniper, which is interesting because he's often been described as a sniper. I'd say he's a bit of both

Old
05-13-2012, 07:10 PM
claudetheturtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsRatchet View Post
I really like Tatar as a prospect. Here's some clips of him from the game vs Canada. Not my video... Can't believe he's so young too.

On an unimportant note, is that really how his name is pronounced? I always thought it was pronounced, tuh-TAR, but I could be wrong...

Old
05-13-2012, 07:26 PM
RedMachine87

Quote:
Originally Posted by snailderby View Post
On an unimportant note, is that really how his name is pronounced? I always thought it was pronounced, tuh-TAR, but I could be wrong...
No, I'm pretty sure it's not pronounced like those announcers are saying it.

Almost positive it's pronounced Tah-tar. Not Tatter.

He does look pretty good in that clip though, maybe he makes the team next year?

Last edited by RedMachine87: 05-13-2012 at 07:43 PM.
Old
05-13-2012, 08:07 PM
FabricDetails

They might as well just say titty.

Old
05-13-2012, 09:31 PM
Frk It
#FireHolland

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsRatchet View Post

Anyone think playing on a bigger ice surface in the tournament helps out his game? Or has an impact at all?

Old
05-13-2012, 09:51 PM
ZetterBurger

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowings4013 View Post
Anyone think playing on a bigger ice surface in the tournament helps out his game? Or has an impact at all?
Of course it helps him showcase his puck possession skills. That doesn't mean anything other than he has the skills to play well on a larger surface though.

Old
05-14-2012, 01:20 AM
slovakiasnextone

Video of Tatarīs goal against the Swiss with Slovak commentary, so you get to hear the right pronounciation of his name too.

Old
05-14-2012, 08:49 AM
Fowler524
#FireHolland

I hadn't seen this posted yet.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index...._wings_35.html

Apparently the Wings expect to sign Jarnkrok, Jurco, and Pulkkinen by June 1.

Other interesting notes from the article:

Pulkkinen and Jarnkrok will be given a shot to make the Wings in camp, but will likely play one more year in Europe, because they aren't elegible to play in Grand Rapids.

Larsson and HTD won't be back with the organization.

Brooks Macek won't be signed

Last edited by Fowler524: 05-14-2012 at 08:57 AM.
Old
05-14-2012, 09:54 AM
Tatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiasnextone View Post
Video of Tatarīs goal against the Swiss with Slovak commentary, so you get to hear the right pronounciation of his name too.
I love the Slovak language, so close to Polish i can make out about 30% of it.

Tatar is going to be a great player, he has skill and a compete level.

The Wings have to give him more time in the NHL tho. I can imagine playing in GR for too long must get disheartening after a while

Put him on the fourth line with Helm and Nyquist, and take out Emmerton and Abdelkader

Old
05-14-2012, 10:53 AM
ChadS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fowler524 View Post

Pulkkinen and Jarnkrok will be given a shot to make the Wings in camp, but will likely play one more year in Europe, because they aren't elegible to play in Grand Rapids.

Very good article, thanks!

I don't get the part about not being eligible to play in the AHL. I think he means they are under contract in Europe and rather let them play and finish their contracts there than play in the AHL. Neither will make the team this year, that's a fact. I think even Babcock said that only Nyquist and Smith have a chance of making next year's team.

Macek had a great draft year but has done nothing since, so that pick didn't turn out very well. Just like most 6th rounders.

Old
05-14-2012, 10:57 AM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadS View Post
I don't get the part about not being eligible to play in the AHL. I think he means they are under contract in Europe and rather let them play and finish their contracts there than play in the AHL. Neither will make the team this year, that's a fact. I think even Babcock said that only Nyquist and Smith have a chance of making next year's team.
the wings have to sign them now or they will lose the rights. so they have to sign them while they are still signed with their european team. that is possible because finland and sweden have agreements with the NHL.
but they cannot send them to the AHL as long as their european contract would have lasted. it's a rule to protect european teams from losing all the players to north america. until 2013 when their contract will end, it's either NHL or europe.

it's a similar protection than the one the CHL has by not allowing CHL players under 20 to play AHL as long as the season is underway.

Old
05-14-2012, 11:07 AM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

vCash: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fowler524 View Post

That is great news, I'm assuming that Pulkkinen & Jarnkrok would go back into the draft if they weren't signed anyone else think Jarnkrok would push to be a top 15 pick, and Pulkkinen a top 60 pick? So when they sign them does anyone know how many more contracts Detroit can give out?

Old
05-14-2012, 11:41 AM
ChadS

Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post
the wings have to sign them now or they will lose the rights. so they have to sign them while they are still signed with their european team. that is possible because finland and sweden have agreements with the NHL.
but they cannot send them to the AHL as long as their european contract would have lasted. it's a rule to protect european teams from losing all the players to north america. until 2013 when their contract will end, it's either NHL or europe.

it's a similar protection than the one the CHL has by not allowing CHL players under 20 to play AHL as long as the season is underway.
OK thanks for the info. Couldn't remember any similar situations but there's probably been quite a few.

By the way; Pulkkinen and Jokerit started their 5-week long team training period today, after which there will be a independent period.

Also, LWL posted the schedule for the Wings' Development Camp (July 7th-14th): http://www.theleftwinglock.com/2012/...ule-announced/

Old
05-14-2012, 11:44 AM
ricky0034

Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiasnextone View Post
looks like I was already saying it right all along then

Old
05-14-2012, 12:13 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Tatar read that play like a goal scorer

Old
05-14-2012, 12:21 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post

I believe the correct wording is that if a player cannot make the NHL team after camp he has to be sent to the team he had an existing contract. However, I think there have been some exceptions where the player chose to play in AHL(not sure).

Old
05-14-2012, 12:29 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

vCash: 612
Quote:
OK thanks for the info. Couldn't remember any similar situations but there's probably been quite a few.

By the way; Pulkkinen and Jokerit started their 5-week long team training period today, after which there will be a independent period.
A quick word on that, new Jokerit head coach said they're focusing this training period on tactical issues and scoring the dirty goals, meaning you won't get to rest until the puck is past the goalie. That should be good training for Pulu.

Old
05-14-2012, 08:31 PM
Konnan511
#Loyalty

Send a message via AIM to Konnan511
Quote:

Also, LWL posted the schedule for the Wings' Development Camp (July 7th-14th): http://www.theleftwinglock.com/2012/...ule-announced/
If you plan on coming up to where the prospects and players stay, I'd reccommend booking nowish, we are almost full.

Training camp we are almost darn near full. Best time of the year for me since I am 4 hours away from any games

Closed Thread