HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Red Wings Prospects Tracker - Part III - Revenge of the Prospects

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-22-2012, 03:24 AM
  #301
YARR123
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,588
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupNazi View Post
He's also bigger than him. At least by an inch and 16 pounds.

I believe Nill about the Brett Hull comparison - I'm really high on this kid.
Hudler is 214 pounds?

According to eliteprospects Hudler is 5'9, 183 and Pulkkinen is 5'10, 198

I can see why the Brett Hull comparison has been thrown around, both awesome shooters while not the fastest in the world. It's quite a misleading comparison however because Pulkkinen has a mountain to climb to reach his potential as a sniping NHL forward. He's got a lot of good traits but some real downers as well...

great vision but decision making has sometimes been a problem
great shot but sometimes too slow to wind
ridiculous slapper but sometimes uses it too inoften
throws awesome hits but only when he's in the mood to do so...

YARR123 is offline  
Old
05-22-2012, 04:08 AM
  #302
Anchor Town
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 3,786
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YARR123 View Post
Hudler is 214 pounds?

According to eliteprospects Hudler is 5'9, 183 and Pulkkinen is 5'10, 198
yeah you understood that backwards

Anchor Town is offline  
Old
05-22-2012, 12:46 PM
  #303
The Zetterberg Era
Moderator
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 22,478
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCoRe View Post
http://www.iltasanomat.fi/nhl/detroi...470989309.html

Nice story where Jim Nill compares T. Pulkkinen to Brett Hull. It also says that they will sign a contract with Pulkkinen, Järnkrok and Jurco. Whattya think of Pulkkinen ?
Forgot after giving my assessment yesterday, is there a reason these guys names are changed in the article, Brett Hullin? Jarnkrokin? Jurcon? Assuming someone from Finland can make that make sense.

The Zetterberg Era is offline  
Old
05-22-2012, 01:40 PM
  #304
ChadS
Registered User
 
ChadS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
Forgot after giving my assessment yesterday, is there a reason these guys names are changed in the article, Brett Hullin? Jarnkrokin? Jurcon? Assuming someone from Finland can make that make sense.
They mean "Brett Hull's", "Järnkrok's", "Jurco's". Dont ask why they wanted to make it complicated, Finnish is weird

Edit. Oh wait, only the Brett Hull one means that. The others could mean it as well but in this particular context they mean "with Järnkrok/Jurco". Like it wasn't difficult enough

Now what did we learn from this? Answer: If you are not Finnish, do not try to learn the language. It's hopeless.


Last edited by ChadS: 05-22-2012 at 01:46 PM.
ChadS is online now  
Old
05-22-2012, 01:52 PM
  #305
The Zetterberg Era
Moderator
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 22,478
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadS View Post
They mean "Brett Hull's", "Järnkrok's", "Jurco's". Dont ask why they wanted to make it complicated, Finnish is weird

Edit. Oh wait, only the Brett Hull one means that. The others could mean it as well but in this particular context they mean "with Järnkrok/Jurco". Like it wasn't difficult enough

Now what did we learn from this? Answer: If you are not Finnish, do not try to learn the language. It's hopeless.
Thanks for the response, I know English has weird quirks as well, just found it funny when looking at it. Then I stuck it in a translator and figured some of that out. Just find it weird that names change, I know we drop a lot of the accents of things like Lidstrom for instance has the umlaut but not here in the States. Was just curious if it was similar.

The Zetterberg Era is offline  
Old
05-22-2012, 02:19 PM
  #306
Anchor Town
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 3,786
vCash: 500
How has Jurco looked in the latter half of the playoffs/memorial cup?

Anchor Town is offline  
Old
05-22-2012, 02:49 PM
  #307
The Zetterberg Era
Moderator
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 22,478
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by the banks View Post
How has Jurco looked in the latter half of the playoffs/memorial cup?
I know he had an assist in the last game, the second of the round robin. They lost the first game and looked really flat doing it. He was terrific in the playoffs. He isn't playing on the loaded front line so his scoring numbers are primarily him being a huge factor. He has looked very impressive. Galiev and Jurco lived up to their more glitzy first line teammates and then some.


Last edited by The Zetterberg Era: 05-22-2012 at 02:56 PM.
The Zetterberg Era is offline  
Old
05-22-2012, 11:22 PM
  #308
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by the banks View Post
How has Jurco looked in the latter half of the playoffs/memorial cup?
The game against London he was pretty invisible

RedWingsNow* is offline  
Old
05-23-2012, 01:11 PM
  #309
The Zetterberg Era
Moderator
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 22,478
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
The game against London he was pretty invisible
So were the rest of his teammates, that might have been the teams worst game in months .

The Zetterberg Era is offline  
Old
05-25-2012, 12:33 PM
  #310
Jussi
No strings on me
 
Jussi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 47,673
vCash: 500
Comments in Finnish papers from Pulkkinen's agent, his contract should be ready for publishing in a matter of days.

Jussi is online now  
Old
05-25-2012, 08:38 PM
  #311
opivy
Sauce King
 
opivy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Denver, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 548
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to opivy Send a message via MSN to opivy Send a message via Yahoo to opivy
Listening to the Shawinigan vs St Johns game. Jurco with a big goal for his first of the tournament. From the audio he's been having a good game.

Anyone watching it?

opivy is online now  
Old
05-25-2012, 08:47 PM
  #312
elMatador
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 80
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by opivy View Post
Listening to the Shawinigan vs St Johns game. Jurco with a big goal for his first of the tournament. From the audio he's been having a good game.

Anyone watching it?
Jurco just got 2nd, wicked shot right from face off

elMatador is offline  
Old
05-25-2012, 09:06 PM
  #313
Trvp Lord
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,384
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Trvp Lord
Sea Dogs are out now. Can't wait to see Jurco in Grand Rapids.

Trvp Lord is offline  
Old
05-25-2012, 10:54 PM
  #314
FabricDetails
Registered User
 
FabricDetails's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,069
vCash: 500
If Jarnkrok was willing to play in GR I would absolutely love to see a line of Tatar-Jarnkrok-Jurco.

FabricDetails is offline  
Old
05-26-2012, 02:03 AM
  #315
zecke26
Registered User
 
zecke26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 10,299
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FabricDetails View Post
If Jarnkrok was willing to play in GR I would absolutely love to see a line of Tatar-Jarnkrok-Jurco.
jarnkrok is not eligible to play AHL next season. so it really doesn't matter if he is willing or not.

zecke26 is offline  
Old
05-26-2012, 02:56 AM
  #316
Anchor Town
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 3,786
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post
jarnkrok is not eligible to play AHL next season. so it really doesn't matter if he is willing or not.
Why's that?

Anchor Town is offline  
Old
05-26-2012, 05:55 AM
  #317
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo
 
TheFatOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,963
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by the banks View Post
Why's that?


some typical stupied north-american rule.

TheFatOne is offline  
Old
05-26-2012, 10:10 AM
  #318
Konnan511
#FreePulu
 
Konnan511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Traverse City
Country: United States
Posts: 5,569
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Konnan511
Quote:
Originally Posted by FabricDetails View Post
If Jarnkrok was willing to play in GR I would absolutely love to see a line of Tatar-Jarnkrok-Jurco.
Who says he's not willing? You?

Konnan511 is offline  
Old
05-26-2012, 10:39 AM
  #319
newfy
Registered User
 
newfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 6,189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by landskronala View Post
some typical stupied north-american rule.
You think its a north american rule to keep players under contract in the SEL? I'm sure that North American hockey figures dont really care if all the good players wanted to come to NA to play, its a European created rule for sure lol

newfy is offline  
Old
05-26-2012, 10:39 AM
  #320
slovakiasnextone
Registered User
 
slovakiasnextone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 4,858
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by landskronala View Post
some typical stupied north-american rule.
Nope, not a North American rule. AFAIK this is something that the Swedish federation managed to negotiate in their contract with the NHL, that their players would have to be returned to Sweden if they don´t make the NHL under some conditions. A great success on their part to manage this. Since the NHL (as well as the KHL) depletes the SEL of so much of the talent they produce, they don´t want the AHL to deplete it as well, especially since the SEL also offers a level of play as high and most probably even higher than the AHL does for those players.

slovakiasnextone is offline  
Old
05-26-2012, 10:59 AM
  #321
Jussi
No strings on me
 
Jussi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 47,673
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiasnextone View Post
Nope, not a North American rule. AFAIK this is something that the Swedish federation managed to negotiate in their contract with the NHL, that their players would have to be returned to Sweden if they don´t make the NHL under some conditions. A great success on their part to manage this. Since the NHL (as well as the KHL) depletes the SEL of so much of the talent they produce, they don´t want the AHL to deplete it as well, especially since the SEL also offers a level of play as high and most probably even higher than the AHL does for those players.
It's in all the transfers agreements, same with Finland. If a player doesn't make the NHL club from camp and he has a contract with a European club, he must be returned to that club. There might be some age limits, not sure. There might be a exceptions to that rule if the player wants to play in the AHL.

Jussi is online now  
Old
05-26-2012, 11:06 AM
  #322
Filppula
Jurks
 
Filppula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,787
vCash: 500
Great to see Jurks with 2 goals last night!!! That's it boy!!

Filppula is offline  
Old
05-26-2012, 11:07 AM
  #323
joe89
#5
 
joe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,958
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post
jarnkrok is not eligible to play AHL next season. so it really doesn't matter if he is willing or not.
He's more than "eligible", but Swedish players under 22 that were drafted in the 2nd round or later have the option to pass up on AHL for SEL play. Note that this is optional and up to the player himself, NOT his club at home.

However, that's not what this is about. Jarnkrok would be open for suggestions if Detroit wanted. But they like the role he's getting in Brynas(#1 Center, PP/PK time, also National Team play) so they let him stay there until he's physically ready.

In my opinion, that has to do with letting other prospects get big minutes in GR they wouldn't otherwise get. Andersson would never get a scoring role in the SEL for instance. Letting Jarnkrok log big minutes in the SEL and Andersson in the AHL is better than that they fight for the same ice time. And with Jurco and Sheahan most likely playing with Griffins next year they are already getting fresh bodies as it is. Have to look at the big picture with all the prospects, not just Calle's.

joe89 is offline  
Old
05-28-2012, 11:15 AM
  #324
jaster
I pay off the mods.
 
jaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicago, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 6,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
He's more than "eligible", but Swedish players under 22 that were drafted in the 2nd round or later have the option to pass up on AHL for SEL play. Note that this is optional and up to the player himself, NOT his club at home.
This seems to be contrary to statements by both Holland and Nill, both of whom have used the word "ineligible" when talking about Jarnkrok and Grand Rapids.

jaster is offline  
Old
05-28-2012, 11:34 AM
  #325
Run the Jewels
Registered User
 
Run the Jewels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In the Garage
Posts: 9,963
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
It's in all the transfers agreements, same with Finland. If a player doesn't make the NHL club from camp and he has a contract with a European club, he must be returned to that club. There might be some age limits, not sure. There might be a exceptions to that rule if the player wants to play in the AHL.
Yeah, that is my understanding. If Jarnkrok made the NHL club he could potentially get out of his SEL contract and come to Detroit. The Wings have no interest in having him compete for a spot this year so the contract stipulates that he honor his SEL contract if the only place he'd play in NA would be the AHL. In this case I think it works out just fine for both parties. After next year Jarnkrok will be NHL ready.

Run the Jewels is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:38 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.