HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Red Wings Prospects Tracker - Part III - Revenge of the Prospects

Closed Thread

Old
05-22-2012, 03:24 AM
YARR123

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupNazi View Post
He's also bigger than him. At least by an inch and 16 pounds.

I believe Nill about the Brett Hull comparison - I'm really high on this kid.
Hudler is 214 pounds?

According to eliteprospects Hudler is 5'9, 183 and Pulkkinen is 5'10, 198

I can see why the Brett Hull comparison has been thrown around, both awesome shooters while not the fastest in the world. It's quite a misleading comparison however because Pulkkinen has a mountain to climb to reach his potential as a sniping NHL forward. He's got a lot of good traits but some real downers as well...

great vision but decision making has sometimes been a problem
great shot but sometimes too slow to wind
ridiculous slapper but sometimes uses it too inoften
throws awesome hits but only when he's in the mood to do so...

Old
05-22-2012, 04:08 AM
Anchor Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by YARR123 View Post
Hudler is 214 pounds?

According to eliteprospects Hudler is 5'9, 183 and Pulkkinen is 5'10, 198
yeah you understood that backwards

Old
05-22-2012, 12:46 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCoRe View Post
http://www.iltasanomat.fi/nhl/detroi...470989309.html

Nice story where Jim Nill compares T. Pulkkinen to Brett Hull. It also says that they will sign a contract with Pulkkinen, Järnkrok and Jurco. Whattya think of Pulkkinen ?
Forgot after giving my assessment yesterday, is there a reason these guys names are changed in the article, Brett Hullin? Jarnkrokin? Jurcon? Assuming someone from Finland can make that make sense.

Old
05-22-2012, 01:40 PM
ChadS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
Forgot after giving my assessment yesterday, is there a reason these guys names are changed in the article, Brett Hullin? Jarnkrokin? Jurcon? Assuming someone from Finland can make that make sense.
They mean "Brett Hull's", "Järnkrok's", "Jurco's". Dont ask why they wanted to make it complicated, Finnish is weird

Edit. Oh wait, only the Brett Hull one means that. The others could mean it as well but in this particular context they mean "with Järnkrok/Jurco". Like it wasn't difficult enough

Now what did we learn from this? Answer: If you are not Finnish, do not try to learn the language. It's hopeless.

Last edited by ChadS: 05-22-2012 at 01:46 PM.
Old
05-22-2012, 01:52 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadS View Post
They mean "Brett Hull's", "Järnkrok's", "Jurco's". Dont ask why they wanted to make it complicated, Finnish is weird

Edit. Oh wait, only the Brett Hull one means that. The others could mean it as well but in this particular context they mean "with Järnkrok/Jurco". Like it wasn't difficult enough

Now what did we learn from this? Answer: If you are not Finnish, do not try to learn the language. It's hopeless.
Thanks for the response, I know English has weird quirks as well, just found it funny when looking at it. Then I stuck it in a translator and figured some of that out. Just find it weird that names change, I know we drop a lot of the accents of things like Lidstrom for instance has the umlaut but not here in the States. Was just curious if it was similar.

Old
05-22-2012, 02:19 PM
Anchor Town

How has Jurco looked in the latter half of the playoffs/memorial cup?

Old
05-22-2012, 02:49 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the banks View Post
I know he had an assist in the last game, the second of the round robin. They lost the first game and looked really flat doing it. He was terrific in the playoffs. He isn't playing on the loaded front line so his scoring numbers are primarily him being a huge factor. He has looked very impressive. Galiev and Jurco lived up to their more glitzy first line teammates and then some.

Last edited by The Zetterberg Era: 05-22-2012 at 02:56 PM.
Old
05-22-2012, 11:22 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
The game against London he was pretty invisible

Old
05-23-2012, 01:11 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
The game against London he was pretty invisible
So were the rest of his teammates, that might have been the teams worst game in months .

Old
05-25-2012, 12:33 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Comments in Finnish papers from Pulkkinen's agent, his contract should be ready for publishing in a matter of days.

Old
05-25-2012, 08:38 PM
opivy
Sauce King

Send a message via AIM to opivy Send a message via MSN to opivy Send a message via Yahoo to opivy
Listening to the Shawinigan vs St Johns game. Jurco with a big goal for his first of the tournament. From the audio he's been having a good game.

Anyone watching it?

Old
05-25-2012, 08:47 PM
elMatador

Quote:
Originally Posted by opivy View Post
Listening to the Shawinigan vs St Johns game. Jurco with a big goal for his first of the tournament. From the audio he's been having a good game.

Anyone watching it?
Jurco just got 2nd, wicked shot right from face off

Old
05-25-2012, 09:06 PM
Trvp Lord

Send a message via MSN to Trvp Lord
Sea Dogs are out now. Can't wait to see Jurco in Grand Rapids.

Old
05-25-2012, 10:54 PM
FabricDetails

If Jarnkrok was willing to play in GR I would absolutely love to see a line of Tatar-Jarnkrok-Jurco.

Old
05-26-2012, 02:03 AM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabricDetails View Post
If Jarnkrok was willing to play in GR I would absolutely love to see a line of Tatar-Jarnkrok-Jurco.
jarnkrok is not eligible to play AHL next season. so it really doesn't matter if he is willing or not.

Old
05-26-2012, 02:56 AM
Anchor Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post
jarnkrok is not eligible to play AHL next season. so it really doesn't matter if he is willing or not.
Why's that?

Old
05-26-2012, 05:55 AM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

Quote:
Why's that?

some typical stupied north-american rule.

Old
05-26-2012, 10:10 AM
Konnan511
#FreePulu

Send a message via AIM to Konnan511
Quote:
Originally Posted by FabricDetails View Post
Who says he's not willing? You?

Old
05-26-2012, 10:39 AM
newfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by landskronala View Post
You think its a north american rule to keep players under contract in the SEL? I'm sure that North American hockey figures dont really care if all the good players wanted to come to NA to play, its a European created rule for sure lol

Old
05-26-2012, 10:39 AM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by landskronala View Post
Nope, not a North American rule. AFAIK this is something that the Swedish federation managed to negotiate in their contract with the NHL, that their players would have to be returned to Sweden if they don´t make the NHL under some conditions. A great success on their part to manage this. Since the NHL (as well as the KHL) depletes the SEL of so much of the talent they produce, they don´t want the AHL to deplete it as well, especially since the SEL also offers a level of play as high and most probably even higher than the AHL does for those players.

Old
05-26-2012, 10:59 AM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiasnextone View Post
Nope, not a North American rule. AFAIK this is something that the Swedish federation managed to negotiate in their contract with the NHL, that their players would have to be returned to Sweden if they don´t make the NHL under some conditions. A great success on their part to manage this. Since the NHL (as well as the KHL) depletes the SEL of so much of the talent they produce, they don´t want the AHL to deplete it as well, especially since the SEL also offers a level of play as high and most probably even higher than the AHL does for those players.
It's in all the transfers agreements, same with Finland. If a player doesn't make the NHL club from camp and he has a contract with a European club, he must be returned to that club. There might be some age limits, not sure. There might be a exceptions to that rule if the player wants to play in the AHL.

Old
05-26-2012, 11:06 AM
Filppula
Jurks

Great to see Jurks with 2 goals last night!!! That's it boy!!

Old
05-26-2012, 11:07 AM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post
He's more than "eligible", but Swedish players under 22 that were drafted in the 2nd round or later have the option to pass up on AHL for SEL play. Note that this is optional and up to the player himself, NOT his club at home.

However, that's not what this is about. Jarnkrok would be open for suggestions if Detroit wanted. But they like the role he's getting in Brynas(#1 Center, PP/PK time, also National Team play) so they let him stay there until he's physically ready.

In my opinion, that has to do with letting other prospects get big minutes in GR they wouldn't otherwise get. Andersson would never get a scoring role in the SEL for instance. Letting Jarnkrok log big minutes in the SEL and Andersson in the AHL is better than that they fight for the same ice time. And with Jurco and Sheahan most likely playing with Griffins next year they are already getting fresh bodies as it is. Have to look at the big picture with all the prospects, not just Calle's.

Old
05-28-2012, 11:15 AM
jaster
I pay off the mods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
He's more than "eligible", but Swedish players under 22 that were drafted in the 2nd round or later have the option to pass up on AHL for SEL play. Note that this is optional and up to the player himself, NOT his club at home.
This seems to be contrary to statements by both Holland and Nill, both of whom have used the word "ineligible" when talking about Jarnkrok and Grand Rapids.

Old
05-28-2012, 11:34 AM
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
It's in all the transfers agreements, same with Finland. If a player doesn't make the NHL club from camp and he has a contract with a European club, he must be returned to that club. There might be some age limits, not sure. There might be a exceptions to that rule if the player wants to play in the AHL.
Yeah, that is my understanding. If Jarnkrok made the NHL club he could potentially get out of his SEL contract and come to Detroit. The Wings have no interest in having him compete for a spot this year so the contract stipulates that he honor his SEL contract if the only place he'd play in NA would be the AHL. In this case I think it works out just fine for both parties. After next year Jarnkrok will be NHL ready.

Closed Thread