HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Red Wings Prospects Tracker - Part III - Revenge of the Prospects

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-01-2012, 07:07 AM
  #351
r0bert8841
Registered User
 
r0bert8841's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 6,436
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to r0bert8841
It could be wishful thinking.

Also, I was under the impression RWCs ranking closely resemble the opinions of the RWs brass.

r0bert8841 is online now  
Old
06-01-2012, 09:49 AM
  #352
kerjuxaxaxa
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: London
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 202
vCash: 500
Why Jurco hasn't been signed yet?

kerjuxaxaxa is offline  
Old
06-01-2012, 01:52 PM
  #353
The Zetterberg Era
Moderator
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 19,405
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerjuxaxaxa View Post
Why Jurco hasn't been signed yet?
Well I am pretty sure he isn't even a must sign, he could still go back for an overage year if negotiations bog down. Could be they are waiting for positive CBA news, but that is mere speculation on my point. Management said he would be signed, but he is still junior eligible and they haven't entered the must window.

The Zetterberg Era is online now  
Old
06-01-2012, 02:18 PM
  #354
joe89
#5
 
joe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,584
vCash: 500
Yeah, probably just focused on signing Pulkkinen and Jarnkrok.

Also, Jurco's season just finished. Give it time.

joe89 is offline  
Old
06-01-2012, 03:03 PM
  #355
ChadS
Registered User
 
ChadS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,859
vCash: 500
What's the rule with Jurco? Can he be signed anytime to be eligible to play in GR next season?

ChadS is offline  
Old
06-01-2012, 03:21 PM
  #356
The Zetterberg Era
Moderator
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 19,405
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadS View Post
What's the rule with Jurco? Can he be signed anytime to be eligible to play in GR next season?
He is eligible to play in Grand Rapids next year because of being born in December he can also return to the Q for an overage year. It seems unlikely with most of his other star teammates moving on he would stick around and the Wings have said as much really. They can wait until next off-season to sign him though if I remember the rules correct.

The Zetterberg Era is online now  
Old
06-01-2012, 03:28 PM
  #357
joe89
#5
 
joe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,584
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadS View Post
What's the rule with Jurco? Can he be signed anytime to be eligible to play in GR next season?
June 30th to play this season with the pros, I believe.

joe89 is offline  
Old
06-01-2012, 03:42 PM
  #358
The Zetterberg Era
Moderator
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 19,405
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
June 30th to play this season with the pros, I believe.
I didn't understand that it had to be by that date, I thought that choice could be made at any time really. Would be interesting to watch since he has already tweeted his farewell and made it pretty clear he is leaving. Guess him and the agent weren't on the same page. First lesson in leverage for young Jurco.

The Zetterberg Era is online now  
Old
06-01-2012, 04:02 PM
  #359
joe89
#5
 
joe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,584
vCash: 500
Nill adresses Jurco here, indeed June 30:
http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index...._wings_35.html

He could still go play men's hockey in Europe, but in NA only CHL would be an option. He could sign with Brynas and play on Jarnkrok's wing

joe89 is offline  
Old
06-01-2012, 04:05 PM
  #360
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT
 
mindfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bloomfield Hills, MI
Country: Sweden
Posts: 8,909
vCash: 500
So Jurco can't play in Grand Rapids 12/13? I don't get it.. why not?

mindfly is offline  
Old
06-01-2012, 04:08 PM
  #361
ChadS
Registered User
 
ChadS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfly View Post
So Jurco can't play in Grand Rapids 12/13? I don't get it.. why not?
He can, but he has to be signed by June 30th to do so.

Max Nicastro's charges were dropped today:
http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index....red_wings.html

ChadS is offline  
Old
06-01-2012, 04:09 PM
  #362
The Zetterberg Era
Moderator
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 19,405
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
Nill adresses Jurco here, indeed June 30:
http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index...._wings_35.html

He could still go play men's hockey in Europe, but in NA only CHL would be an option. He could sign with Brynas and play on Jarnkrok's wing
Can't tell if he is congratulating his friend in that first tweet about a contract.

http://twitter.com/#!/jurky13

He is done with Saint John's you will see as well.

The Zetterberg Era is online now  
Old
06-01-2012, 04:15 PM
  #363
joe89
#5
 
joe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,584
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
Can't tell if he is congratulating his friend in that first tweet about a contract.

http://twitter.com/#!/jurky13

He is done with Saint John's you will see as well.
Yeah, imo that's just further proof he will sign with Detroit any day. Wouldn't make sense for a talent like him to play junior hockey anyway. Like I said earlier, probably just haven't had enough time since Mem Cup to work out the details.

joe89 is offline  
Old
06-01-2012, 04:44 PM
  #364
newfy
Registered User
 
newfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,991
vCash: 500
Nicastros charges dropped means he'll be in Grand Rapids I bet. He got the boot from BU so it'll be GR. He's arguably the hardest hitter in the system so it would be nice to see him at least get a shot and see what he can do

newfy is offline  
Old
06-01-2012, 04:47 PM
  #365
The Zetterberg Era
Moderator
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 19,405
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
Nicastros charges dropped means he'll be in Grand Rapids I bet. He got the boot from BU so it'll be GR. He's arguably the hardest hitter in the system so it would be nice to see him at least get a shot and see what he can do
We will see it sounded like the Wings were not to high on signing him after that incident either. He will have to start in Toledo and prove himself in my opinion.

The Zetterberg Era is online now  
Old
06-01-2012, 04:52 PM
  #366
newfy
Registered User
 
newfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,991
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
We will see it sounded like the Wings were not to high on signing him after that incident either. He will have to start in Toledo and prove himself in my opinion.
If Travis Ehrhardt is getting playing time in GR, I'm sure theyll give the systems biggest hitter a shot in GR. Malik and TPL were tweeting saying the rumour was they wanted him with the griffs

newfy is offline  
Old
06-01-2012, 04:55 PM
  #367
zecke26
Registered User
 
zecke26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 10,292
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadS View Post
He can, but he has to be signed by June 30th to do so.
he could play in the AHL on a AHL contract until the wings sign him next year i think. but that won't happen of course.

i guess they will sit down with him and talk about options. AHL, overage year or maybe a year in europe? but my guess is they sign him later this month and he will entertain us in GR next season.

zecke26 is offline  
Old
06-01-2012, 05:03 PM
  #368
ChadS
Registered User
 
ChadS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,859
vCash: 500
Jurco signing delayed due to no transfer agreement between the International Ice Hockey Federation and the Slovak Ice Hockey Federation: http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index....medium=twitter

ChadS is offline  
Old
06-01-2012, 05:06 PM
  #369
joe89
#5
 
joe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,584
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadS View Post
Jurco signing delayed due to no transfer agreement between the International Ice Hockey Federation and the Slovak Ice Hockey Federation: http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index....medium=twitter
Shouldn't Jurco be under the CHL quota anyway? Odd..

joe89 is offline  
Old
06-01-2012, 05:09 PM
  #370
WesNichols14
Registered User
 
WesNichols14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Port Huron Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 1,363
vCash: 500
it says he's playing for GR next year so that's what I'm going to go by until I hear otherwise.

WesNichols14 is online now  
Old
06-01-2012, 05:12 PM
  #371
joe89
#5
 
joe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,584
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesnichols14 View Post
it says he's playing for GR next year so that's what I'm going to go by until I hear otherwise.
He will be there, but we need something to discuss before the draft and free agency..

joe89 is offline  
Old
06-01-2012, 10:09 PM
  #372
Filppula
Jurks
 
Filppula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,597
vCash: 500
Pumped to see Aubry up so high on RWC's prospect list. Nice to see him getting the recognition he deserves after quietly amassing a very solid rookie season for GR. He could dveelop into a very good 4C; he's huge, he's very physical, he skates well and is strong defensively.

Filppula is offline  
Old
06-02-2012, 12:45 AM
  #373
Konnan511
#FreePulu
 
Konnan511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Traverse City
Country: United States
Posts: 5,292
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Konnan511
Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post
he could play in the AHL on a AHL contract until the wings sign him next year i think. but that won't happen of course.

i guess they will sit down with him and talk about options. AHL, overage year or maybe a year in europe? but my guess is they sign him later this month and he will entertain us in GR next season.
Couldn't he also be signed and be sent to juniors anyways if there is indeed a small chance of a lockout?

Konnan511 is offline  
Old
06-02-2012, 07:34 AM
  #374
zecke26
Registered User
 
zecke26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 10,292
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konnan511 View Post
Couldn't he also be signed and be sent to juniors anyways if there is indeed a small chance of a lockout?
that's possible too. there are a few options. but it seems that GR is his destination anyway.

zecke26 is offline  
Old
06-02-2012, 12:13 PM
  #375
newfy
Registered User
 
newfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,991
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filppula View Post
Pumped to see Aubry up so high on RWC's prospect list. Nice to see him getting the recognition he deserves after quietly amassing a very solid rookie season for GR. He could dveelop into a very good 4C; he's huge, he's very physical, he skates well and is strong defensively.
Could become a Paul Gaustad type of player for the wings

newfy is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:24 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.