HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Red Wings Prospects Tracker - Part III - Revenge of the Prospects

Closed Thread

Old
08-27-2012, 07:37 AM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konnan511 View Post

ChadS, what time zone are you in?
My guess, GMT +2.

Old
08-27-2012, 08:14 AM
Jussi
I am siege face

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
My guess, GMT +2.
Being from Finland, yes.

Old
08-27-2012, 01:08 PM
joe89

Jarnkrok was in a chat today where readers get to ask questions. Maybe the most interesting one for Wings fans was about his weight, where he said he's gained 3kg(6.6lbs) during the summer.

The full chat is here: http://www.expressen.se/sport/hockey...p-med-nystrom/

Old
08-27-2012, 06:41 PM
Harnessed in Slums

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
Jarnkrok was in a chat today where readers get to ask questions. Maybe the most interesting one for Wings fans was about his weight, where he said he's gained 3kg(6.6lbs) during the summer.

Thanks for sharing. That sounds like it's probably good weight, although I'm a bit concerned part of the line contains the word Ihop.

Old
08-27-2012, 06:42 PM
Harnessed in Slums

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabricoh View Post
Thanks for sharing. That sounds like it's probably good weight, although I'm a bit concerned part of the URL contains the word Ihop.
That's not the best way to add on weight.

Old
08-27-2012, 07:54 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:

This puts him over 180lbs if his weight was accurate at 176 last year. Not impossible then with him having another off-season before coming over that he comes in at close to 190 lbs. That would be a very good thing.

Old
08-27-2012, 11:45 PM
newfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
This puts him over 180lbs if his weight was accurate at 176 last year. Not impossible then with him having another off-season before coming over that he comes in at close to 190 lbs. That would be a very good thing.
Thats a good step for Jarnkrok, hes right around where he should be considering his weight in his draft year. Speaking of weight I did some looking around and with Q preseason started, Ouellet came in at 6'1" and 190lbs. I think that means hes grown an inch and added some weight since last year if I'm not mistaken. Solid size

Old
08-28-2012, 01:03 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Does anyone know why it appears that Marek Tvrdon is not at Vancouver Giants camp? They break down the scrimmage squads and he isn't there. They start playing other teams soon and had their own team scimmage tonight. Am I missing something?

Old
08-28-2012, 06:54 AM
ChadS

Quote:
Does anyone know why it appears that Marek Tvrdon is not at Vancouver Giants camp? They break down the scrimmage squads and he isn't there. They start playing other teams soon and had their own team scimmage tonight. Am I missing something?
He is still waiting for his visa paperwork but should be there by the weekend. Source: twitter search

Old
08-28-2012, 08:07 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadS View Post
He is still waiting for his visa paperwork but should be there by the weekend. Source: twitter search
Thanks as usual Chad. Probably should have thought of that, just surprised when I was reading the rundowns and his name wasn't appearing.

Sounds like Athanasiou is still growing. This is interesting as I have not been as high on this pick as a lot of people. While I love his speed I think people are getting carried away but if this article is right he has really shot up this summer adding another inch and close to 15 lbs since his draft day.

Quote:
Athanasiou met his main off-season goal of bulking up by putting on eight pounds of muscle. At Barrie’s training camp fitness tests, he hopes to tip the scales at 187 pounds. The 110th overall selection at the 2012 NHL draft grew an inch, too, currently standing at 6-foot-2.
Confused how he thinks he will tip the scales at 187, but still eight lbs is pretty impressive. Guess he wasn't lying about being with his trainer when he wouldn't go to the London functions. Hoping this move works out for him, but it would appear his frame is still growing and he puts on weight well, which is a very good sign.

http://metronews.ca/news/london/3487...-player-draft/

Old
08-28-2012, 12:07 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

I'm quietly turning around on the AndyGreek pick. I'm not sold he actually grew an inch..might just be the way the team measures guys... but if he can add 5 pounds a year for the next two years he's at 6'2, 200 pounds to start his second AHL season. That's not bad.
By his rookie year He could be a fast skating, 6'2, 210 pounder.

The concern with AndyGreek, however, could be his willingness to buy into the team.

Old
08-28-2012, 12:24 PM
newfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
I'm quietly turning around on the AndyGreek pick. I'm not sold he actually grew an inch..might just be the way the team measures guys... but if he can add 5 pounds a year for the next two years he's at 6'2, 200 pounds to start his second AHL season. That's not bad.

The concern with AndyGreek, however, could be his willingness to buy into the team.
And his willingness to go into traffic, and his lack of hockey sense and production. People are getting too hung up on this guy, he has HUGE strides to make. A lot of my buddies were actually making jokes at the wings expense for drafting him. He has those skills but no toolbox whatsoever

Old
08-28-2012, 12:33 PM
Konnan511
#Loyalty

Send a message via AIM to Konnan511
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
And his willingness to go into traffic, and his lack of hockey sense and production. People are getting too hung up on this guy, he has HUGE strides to make. A lot of my buddies were actually making jokes at the wings expense for drafting him. He has those skills but no toolbox whatsoever
It's like a five tool baseball player that can't put it all together.

Old
08-28-2012, 12:49 PM
joe89

Quote:
Yup. Wings wanted him to get around 5 kilos heavier before taking the next step, so he's halfway with that. The important thing is that he gains it the right way and keeps his speed, or better he becomes even faster as a result of more core strength.

Old
08-28-2012, 04:21 PM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

If there's a lockout, will we see Nyquist and Smith in Grand Rapids 'till it subsides?

Old
08-28-2012, 04:38 PM
newfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konnan511 View Post
It's like a five tool baseball player that can't put it all together.
Yeah, I mean I dont mind the pick because of when it was and he has some raw skills that could turn out nicely but he was picked where he was for a reason. Unless his game changes drastically he wont be a bottom 6 player and he hasnt produced much. People read about how good his hands and speed are and he gets a little too much hype around here.

Old
08-28-2012, 04:52 PM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
Yeah, I mean I dont mind the pick because of when it was and he has some raw skills that could turn out nicely but he was picked where he was for a reason. Unless his game changes drastically he wont be a bottom 6 player and he hasnt produced much. People read about how good his hands and speed are and he gets a little too much hype around here.
Yeah, reading through the London Knights thread, I'm starting to wonder that pick a little.. well he has the tools.

Seems like headcase with no hockey sense. But he's still young.

Old
08-28-2012, 04:53 PM
Harnessed in Slums

Quote:
Sounds like Athanasiou is still growing. This is interesting as I have not been as high on this pick as a lot of people. While I love his speed I think people are getting carried away but if this article is right he has really shot up this summer adding another inch and close to 15 lbs since his draft day.

Confused how he thinks he will tip the scales at 187, but still eight lbs is pretty impressive. Guess he wasn't lying about being with his trainer when he wouldn't go to the London functions. Hoping this move works out for him, but it would appear his frame is still growing and he puts on weight well, which is a very good sign.

http://metronews.ca/news/london/3487...-player-draft/
Thanks for the link. Yeah if he's 6'2" and still has wheels and can buy into playing defense he'll be a very interesting prospect. There's too much there to give up on him at this point, let's see how the new team situation works out for him.

Old
08-28-2012, 05:49 PM
Rzombo4 prez

AA was a fourth round pick...He might not develop into much, but the opportunity costs of selecting him in the fourth weren't that great. It isn't like we passed on much sure fire talent by taking him. If he didn't have some holes in his game, he would not have been around in the fourth.

I like to think of him as what he is: a mid-tier prospect with some good tools but an immature game.

Old
08-28-2012, 06:25 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post

I feel pretty similar. Even when they made the pick I found it interesting because of his speed. What I didn't think at the time is that he might become a guy that had more than top 6 or bust potential. My problem with the Greek Lightning is that I just am concerned about how much he will make an effort. I have watched him play in London and he has some work to do. I wasn't writing him off, just found it amusing how quickly everyone wanted to play up a guy that hasn't taking those steps. Sure they are there for the taking but right now he hasn't done them. For instance while somewhat slower Nestrasil is a bigger guy that has a better scoring track record. Just think the hype train should slow down, lets wait for the breakout in Barrie or the development of a defensive game before we start expecting big things out of him.

It was a good value pick. Lets see where it goes. Pulkkinen, Tvrdon, and Athanasiou are all excellent flyers in the fourth round. Let hope he shows the offensive upside of the other two in the future.

Old
08-28-2012, 06:38 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JmanWingsFan View Post
If there's a lockout, will we see Nyquist and Smith in Grand Rapids 'till it subsides?
Yes, they will be. There is some belief the younger guys might be asked to go there if they aren't contacted overseas. Like Kindl, Helm, Abdelkader could go play there. Found it interesting yesterday and sorry cannot think of what article I read that Kindl was out at MSU with Miller and Abdelkader. So it would appear he isn't over in the Czech Republic and he might be exploring NA options. We assume a lot of these guys will flee, but Kindl might do wonders with his standing with the Wings by playing in GR. This could push around a lot of guys.

Old
08-28-2012, 07:01 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Gleason Fournier, what do people think? I am curious, I know I see some of the problems in his game namely he can be very timid and get overpowered. But he looks like a good skater to me, makes good passes and keeps his head up. I mean I know it is a long shot, but he put up a ton of points in the Q. Just wonder why there is almost zero hope for him.

Old
08-28-2012, 09:05 PM
TNigs

Well he's not talked about much because like you said, he's from the Q. He played a few games in GR he did not look out of place. He is a very good skater and has the offensive awareness but not very good defensively. His positioning is not that good and he is very weak. This year will be big in seeing how he develops and adjusts to a mans league.

Old
08-28-2012, 09:08 PM
joe89

Nyquist-Helm-Tatar

I'd watch every game with that line in the AHL.

Old
08-28-2012, 09:37 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Nyquist-Helm-Tatar

I'd watch every game with that line in the AHL.
Yeah there are a lot of us that hope we get to see that line at some point next season even if there isn't a lockout.

If a bunch of players make the choice to stay in NA and play in the AHL. It enters the conversation with SEL and KHL for best league in the world depending on where everyone ends up.

Yes Malkin will probably go to Russia. But if guys like Toews and Giroux go the AHL route that would be interesting to watch. Toews could play for the Wolves and stay in his downtown residence.

I don't want to see a lockout like pretty much everyone else, but I think quite a few guys will sign big AHL deals (for that league anyway) if it happens. I don't think we are going to see a big Motor City Mechanics movement like the last time. The young stars are going to want to play and having seen things like what happened to Vinny in Russia and the fact both the big European leagues seem to be holding strong to full year or no year. I think the AHL stands to gain in a big way.

Closed Thread