HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

Red Wings Prospects Tracker - Part III - Revenge of the Prospects

Closed Thread

Old
04-30-2012, 02:00 AM
ricky0034

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakan2Holland View Post
That's very good to hear! I'm extremely excited about Jarnkrok; can't wait to see him in the world championships, and then over here in NA in a year or so.

If he can put on some more size/strength this offseason he should be dominant next year in the SEL. Hopefully Brynas can find him some solid new line mates though.

Anyone know what channels may be carrying WC games in the U.S.? Didn't versus (NBC sports) carry some games last year?

Quote:
NEW YORK (April 25, 2012) — The NBC Sports Network will televise 13 games of the International Ice Hockey Federation (IIHF) Men's World Championship, May 4-20, in Helsinki, Finland, and Stockholm, Sweden, including all Team USA games, a Semifinal matchup and the Gold Medal game. Team USA opens play on Friday, May 4, with a preliminary-round game against France.

All Team USA games will air live on NBC Sports Network, with the exception of its preliminary-round game on May 5, which will be aired later that night on delay. NBC Sports Network will televise at least one Semifinal game and the Gold Medal game (same-day delay), regardless of whether or not Team USA is playing in the contest.

"It's terrific to have the visibility for the Men's World Championship in the United States that comes with the games being televised on NBC Sports Network," said Dave Ogrean, executive director of USA Hockey. "Their coverage last year was outstanding and we look forward to that continuing this year with expanded coverage."

Last year, NBC Sports Network (formerly VERSUS) televised the IIHF Men's World Championship for the first time, and, this year will, air additional coverage, including all seven USA preliminary-round games and all four quarterfinal games live.

NBC Sports Network will also produce pre-game, intermission and post-game updates from the network’s NHL studios in Stamford, Conn., providing viewers with expert analysis of the games before during and after the action.

NBC Sports Network’s 2012 IIHF World Men's Championships schedule, (Please note all times are subject to change):

Date Opponent Location Time

Fri., May 4 France Helsinki 5 a.m. ET

Sat., May 5 Canada Helsinki 10:30 p.m. ET

Mon., May 7 Slovakia Helsinki 1 p.m. ET

Thurs., May 10 Belarus Helsinki 9 a.m. ET

Fri., May 11 Kazakhstan Helsinki 9 a.m. ET

Sun., May 13 Finland Helsinki 9 a.m. ET

Tues., May 15 Switzerland Helsinki 1 p.m. ET

Thurs., May 17 Quarterfinals Helsinki 6 a.m. ET

Quarterfinals Stockholm 8:30 a.m. ET

Quarterfinals Helsinki 11 a.m. ET

Quarterfinals Stockholm 2 p.m. ET

Sat., May 19 Semifinals Helsinki TBD

Sun., May 20 Gold Medal game Helsinki 9 p.m. ET
source: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...ytheNumbers%29

Old
04-30-2012, 06:59 AM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabricDetails View Post
He's not going to make the Wings team next year so he'll have to just develop in Sweden.
with the weakness on C in detroit, i would bring him to camp at least. skill won't keep him away from the NHL, if at all it's his strength. but i would try to figure out what he could already do. he's either good enough or not. then he can still go back to sweden for a year.

but after watching the wings the last 30 games or so, i don't think it can get any worse. especially on C. so i would at least have jarnkrok in mind as option.

Old
04-30-2012, 08:06 AM
ZetterBurger

Quote:
Well for one I hear he wants to fulfill his contract to Brynas and two I also hear he could use some more time putting on muscle.

He should go with whatever route gets him closer to the NHL. It could be the AHL but my guess is that like some other Europeans he views the AHL as a place where careers go to die; or a place in which he won't make as much money and won't nearly have as much fun playing hockey.

He's not going to make the Wings team next year so he'll have to just develop in Sweden.
Thank you.

Old
04-30-2012, 08:48 AM
FabricDetails

Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post
with the weakness on C in detroit, i would bring him to camp at least. skill won't keep him away from the NHL, if at all it's his strength. but i would try to figure out what he could already do. he's either good enough or not. then he can still go back to sweden for a year.

but after watching the wings the last 30 games or so, i don't think it can get any worse. especially on C. so i would at least have jarnkrok in mind as option.
It is definitely appealing to say the least to have him slotted as the 4th line center spot over someone like Emmerton. My hope though has always been that the Wings will acquire some depth for their forwards.

To be honest, the new blood doesn't even have to be someone all that big. I would love to see the Wings steal a guy like Chris Kelly (UFA) away from Boston for the bottom six. However, I'm guessing he wants more money and more trust/responsibilities that allow him to be more of a top six player.

Old
04-30-2012, 09:08 AM
RedMachine87

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky0034 View Post
Cool, thanks!

Hopefully some Sweden games get aired so I can watch our Wing's players and Jarnkrok.

Old
04-30-2012, 09:23 AM
Trvp Lord

Send a message via MSN to Trvp Lord
Jarnkrok is the man... Wow!

Old
04-30-2012, 03:15 PM
joe89

Spots are getting a little tighter.. Eight NHL F's are already confirmed(Alfredsson latest addition) and Samuelsson is invited. Can't argue with the irony if Sammy would bump Jarnkrok.

Jarnkrok is probably the #1 choice outside of those though, so wouldn't be too worried but you never know.

Old
04-30-2012, 03:30 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
Spots are getting a little tighter.. Eight NHL F's are already confirmed(Alfredsson latest addition) and Samuelsson is invited. Can't argue with the irony if Sammy would bump Jarnkrok.

Jarnkrok is probably the #1 choice outside of those though, so wouldn't be too worried but you never know.
I would feel bad for Sweden if Samuelsson bumps Jarnkrok. Think Jarnkrok is the better choice of those two.

Old
05-01-2012, 10:27 AM
Trvp Lord

Lol, Jarnkrok won't likely be bumped. There's other people IMO that should be cut before he is.

Old
05-01-2012, 01:50 PM
FabricDetails

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
I would feel bad for Sweden if Samuelsson bumps Jarnkrok. Think Jarnkrok is the better choice of those two.
Haha, Sammy... "They can go **** themselves."

Old
05-01-2012, 05:26 PM
ChadS

Quote:
Haha, Sammy... "They can go **** themselves."
Just an hour or so ago they announced he wont be playing at the WC's. Good timing! Wonder if he had the same comments this time around...

Old
05-01-2012, 05:58 PM
joe89

Calle is on the preliminary 25 man roster including 14 forwards. Out of those 14, at least 12 will dress for the opening game. Likely he will be the 3rd line center.

http://www.swehockey.se/Startsidesny...struppinforVM/

Old
05-01-2012, 09:57 PM
RedMachine87

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
Calle is on the preliminary 25 man roster including 14 forwards. Out of those 14, at least 12 will dress for the opening game. Likely he will be the 3rd line center.

http://www.swehockey.se/Startsidesny...struppinforVM/
Very cool. Think Silfverberg will be on his wing? Or is he likely going to play in the top six?

Hopefully some of the Sweden games are aired on NBC sports, those are the games I mostly would like to watch.

Old
05-01-2012, 10:21 PM
ZetterBurger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakan2Holland View Post
Very cool. Think Silfverberg will be on his wing? Or is he likely going to play in the top six?

Hopefully some of the Sweden games are aired on NBC sports, those are the games I mostly would like to watch.
I would imagine they would have lines like:

Alfredsson - Zetterberg - Franzén
Stalberg - Krüger - Eriksson
Landeskog - Jarnkrok - Silfverberg
Zackrisson/Larsson - Lundqvist - Pettersson

Those lines would be soo much fun to watch if they're clicking.

Old
05-02-2012, 07:51 AM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetterBurger View Post

The raw talent on those lines is just amazing.

Old
05-02-2012, 09:17 AM
ChadS

Apparently Nill will be at the WC's in Helsinki and while there he will catch up with Pulkkinen and they'll try to negotiate a deal. After that it's basically up to the Wings on where he plays. He would have one more year left on his current contract with Jokerit.

Old
05-02-2012, 09:34 AM
Winger98
powers combined

Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadS View Post
Apparently Nill will be at the WC's in Helsinki and while there he will catch up with Pulkkinen and they'll try to negotiate a deal. After that it's basically up to the Wings on where he plays. He would have one more year left on his current contract with Jokerit.
Kind of interesting if they try to work out a deal with Pulks but not Jarnkrok. Wonder if they think Pulkkinen will need more time to acclimate to the North American game and if maybe they want to get him to GR for a year?

05-02-2012, 10:22 AM
Trvp Lord

Took this from HF's Top 10 Finnish Forwards.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...nish_forwards/

Quote:
6. Teemu Pulkkinen, Jokerit Helsinki
NHL Rights: Detroit Red Wings
Drafted 4th round, 111th overall, 2010

Big things were expected of Pulkkinen this season, both in SM-Liiga play and at the 2012 U20 World Junior Championships. Coming off a rookie season where he had nearly a point-per-game and was plus-23 in 55 games, Pulkkinen was expected to continue to establish himself as a can't-miss prospect with Jokerit and combine with the Granlunds to lead Finland to a medal.

While the expectations may have been unrealistically high, the lack of effectiveness and production, particularly in the second half of the year, raised some concerns.

A nagging ankle injury and inconsistency limited Pulkkinen's effectiveness but according to a scout who agreed to speak on condition of anonymity, Pulkkinen did not handle things as well as he could have.

Jokerit played its best hockey down the stretch but with Danish import Nichlas Hardt and veterans Ben Eaves and Ilari Filppula handling the top line duties, Pulkkinen mostly played in the third and fourth lines.

"His game was not on a good level. I also think he will bounce back but he had a terrible last third of the season," said the anonymous scout.

In the WJC tournament, Pulkkinen was one of Finland's leading scorers but was kept in check by the tougher squads from Canada and Sweden, giving fuel to those who feel his big junior numbers may not necessarily translate to pro hockey.

Struggles for 20-year-olds making the adjustment to pro hockey are nothing new and Pulkkinen's offensive tools, particularly his explosive shot, are top rate. He will be challenged to get things back on track with Jokerit in 2012-13.
Six seems a little low to me.

Old
05-02-2012, 10:54 AM
RedMachine87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger98 View Post
Kind of interesting if they try to work out a deal with Pulks but not Jarnkrok. Wonder if they think Pulkkinen will need more time to acclimate to the North American game and if maybe they want to get him to GR for a year?
That's likely the case. Wouldn't be surprised if we saw Pulkkinen play out his eligibility in Grand Rapids. Jarnkrok will go straight from the SEL to the NHL, feeling pretty confident in that.

Old
05-02-2012, 11:02 AM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetterBurger View Post

Practice lines today(pre-Alfie) are:
Franzen - Zetterberg - Eriksson
Silfverberg - Jarnkrok - Landeskog
Stalberg - Kruger - Zackrisson
Persson - Lundqvist - Pettersson

It's not unreasonable to think that those top two lines will keep and Alfie will take Zackrisson's spot alongside the Chicago duo.

Old
05-02-2012, 12:05 PM
ChadS

Quote:
They both will have to be signed this summer or the Wings lose their rights. I'm pretty sure they don't want to bother Järnkrok while he's still playing so my guess is they start the talks with him after the WC is over. To the latter; yes, definitely. Järnkrok is much more ready and Pulkkinen will 100% surely play in Grand Rapids for at least a year when he comes over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsRatchet View Post
The odds are definitely against him making the NHL because he's only useful in the top6 and PP. But talking upside, he's right up there with the two 1st rounders Granlund and Armia. Btw what it said about him playing on the 3rd/4th line is not true.

Old
05-02-2012, 12:46 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

vCash: 612
Quote:
Well the story in the Finnish sports magazine Veikkaaja, which Chads referenced, mentioned that Detroit have full confidence in Jokerit's ability to develop players so it wouldn't be too much of a surprise if they signed him to the standard 3 year ELC but have him play the first year with Jokerit. In my opinion his overall game could be better worked on in Finland than in Grand Rapids where there's less time, ie. he's not ready for AHL yet. He won't have Janne Lahti anymore on his line (signed with a KHL club) so he's going to have to become more selfish.

Old
05-02-2012, 12:51 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsRatchet View Post
Took this from HF's Top 10 Finnish Forwards.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...nish_forwards/

Some errors on that article, Pulkkinen didn't play on the 3rd or 4th line. He was always on a line with Lahti and Hahl/Kerälä at the end of the regular season.

Edit: ChadS already mentioned it.

Old
05-02-2012, 12:52 PM
joe89

I definitely think Pulks should stay another year. Jarnkrok could go but I think another year of second tier(SEL or AHL whatever they choose is best) would be the best way to go for him too. Brynas has started to sign/re-sign some players(Enterfeldt, Harju, Lauritzen) and it looks like they're serious about replacing what they're losing.

Old
05-02-2012, 12:58 PM
Winger98
powers combined

Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadS View Post
They both will have to be signed this summer or the Wings lose their rights. I'm pretty sure they don't want to bother Järnkrok while he's still playing so my guess is they start the talks with him after the WC is over. To the latter; yes, definitely. Järnkrok is much more ready and Pulkkinen will 100% surely play in Grand Rapids for at least a year when he comes over.
That makes sense, thanks Chad. Do you think they will consider bringing Pulkkinen over now, knowing he needs to get used to the game, or hold off?

edit: heh, I shouldn't open the reply window and walk away, I always miss follow up posts. Thanks Jussi and Joe.

Closed Thread