HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Red Wings Prospects Tracker - Part III - Revenge of the Prospects

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-02-2012, 06:10 PM
  #176
FabricDetails
Registered User
 
FabricDetails's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,021
vCash: 500
How come no Dick Axelsson on the roster? :-P

FabricDetails is offline  
Old
05-02-2012, 06:53 PM
  #177
ZetterBurger
Registered User
 
ZetterBurger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Detroit, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 6,211
vCash: 500
What additions to GR are expected next year? Aside from Sheahan I have not heard anything about any prospects making the jump to pro. Anyone have an idea of which new blood to expect there next season?

ZetterBurger is offline  
Old
05-02-2012, 08:33 PM
  #178
19 for president
Registered User
 
19 for president's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,468
vCash: 562
I don't think these are entirely confirmed yet but it is expected that:

Jurco
Mrzaek
Sheahan
Almqvist

will all join the Wings next season. I think the only one of those that isn't 100% for sure it Jurco. Jurco could still play in juniors next year but he is able to play in GR.

19 for president is offline  
Old
05-02-2012, 09:01 PM
  #179
RedMachine87
Registered User
 
RedMachine87's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: A^2
Country: United States
Posts: 489
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger98 View Post
That makes sense, thanks Chad. Do you think they will consider bringing Pulkkinen over now, knowing he needs to get used to the game, or hold off?

edit: heh, I shouldn't open the reply window and walk away, I always miss follow up posts. Thanks Jussi and Joe.
I wouldn't mind seeing Pulkkinen come over and get some playing time in the AHL; but since the SM-Liiga is already similar to NHL style hockey (in terms of rink size and physicality) and Teemu will get much more ice time over there, I'd prefer to just leave him in Finland for at least one more year. Let him get back to that dominant form and then have him cross the pond.

RedMachine87 is offline  
Old
05-03-2012, 04:42 AM
  #180
zecke26
Registered User
 
zecke26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 10,254
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19 for president View Post
I don't think these are entirely confirmed yet but it is expected that:

Jurco
Mrzaek
Sheahan
Almqvist

will all join the Wings next season. I think the only one of those that isn't 100% for sure it Jurco. Jurco could still play in juniors next year but he is able to play in GR.
i think all 4 are confirmed. jurco and mrazek were mentioned by jimmy D yesterday. sheahan we already know. and almqvist was confirmed by his swedish team a while ago.

zecke26 is offline  
Old
05-03-2012, 11:22 AM
  #181
zorz
Registered User
 
zorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,907
vCash: 500
interesting fact: Mrazek has more ties than just nationality in Czech WC team. He's also close friend of Jakub Stepanek, SKA St.Petersburg's goaltender and the starter for this tournament, who lives with Mrazek's sister. They also both come from the same village, so they are almost family. They both said they are thrilled to be on the same team.

zorz is offline  
Old
05-03-2012, 11:54 AM
  #182
The Zetterberg Era
Moderator
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 17,669
vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
interesting fact: Mrazek has more ties than just nationality in Czech WC team. He's also close friend of Jakub Stepanek, SKA St.Petersburg's goaltender and the starter for this tournament, who lives with Mrazek's sister. They also both come from the same village, so they are almost family. They both said they are thrilled to be on the same team.
I remember reading in an article that the Wings should be careful about taking a Howard type approach with Mrazek because he would jet to Russia if he didn't like how he was handled. Shows a little bit of why in my opinion. I don't think he will but makes you wonder if a big Russian club like SKA came calling.

The Zetterberg Era is offline  
Old
05-03-2012, 11:58 AM
  #183
The Zetterberg Era
Moderator
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 17,669
vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19 for president View Post
I don't think these are entirely confirmed yet but it is expected that:

Jurco
Mrzaek
Sheahan
Almqvist

will all join the Wings next season. I think the only one of those that isn't 100% for sure it Jurco. Jurco could still play in juniors next year but he is able to play in GR.
Almqvist and Sheahan are confirmed. Jurco and Mrazek are almost assured of not using overage years but goalies use them seemingly more than any other group, I don't think they want him in Toledo. I mean I guess all four could miraculously make the Detroit roster, of course Holland would have to have replaced Brian Burke in Toronto for that to happen.

The Zetterberg Era is offline  
Old
05-04-2012, 01:08 AM
  #184
Probie
Registered User
 
Probie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Vancouver Is, Canada
Posts: 198
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19 for president View Post
I don't think these are entirely confirmed yet but it is expected that:

Jurco
Mrzaek
Sheahan
Almqvist

will all join the Wings next season. I think the only one of those that isn't 100% for sure it Jurco. Jurco could still play in juniors next year but he is able to play in GR.
You mean the wings organization right? I would gather you mean all those would be in grand rapids right?

Probie is offline  
Old
05-04-2012, 05:28 AM
  #185
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!
 
SoupNazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kramerica Industries
Country: Argentina
Posts: 16,822
vCash: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Probie View Post
You mean the wings organization right? I would gather you mean all those would be in grand rapids right?
That's kind of what I figured.

SoupNazi is offline  
Old
05-05-2012, 07:38 AM
  #186
Filppula
Jurks
 
Filppula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,545
vCash: 500
Goal and (primary) assist for Jurco last night in a 3-2 2OT win!! I like this bloke a LOT!

Filppula is offline  
Old
05-05-2012, 10:36 AM
  #187
Konnan511
#Loyalty
 
Konnan511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Traverse City
Country: United States
Posts: 5,115
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Konnan511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filppula View Post
Goal and (primary) assist for Jurco last night in a 3-2 2OT win!! I like this bloke a LOT!
I like how he scores in important games and just controls the play in blowouts.

Konnan511 is offline  
Old
05-05-2012, 04:31 PM
  #188
ZetterBurger
Registered User
 
ZetterBurger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Detroit, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 6,211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filppula View Post
Goal and (primary) assist for Jurco last night in a 3-2 2OT win!! I like this bloke a LOT!
I'm not really sold on him being that guy we hope he will be, but I am very optimistic about him. The next two years will be a huge step for him in his development, but I am really starting to think he could be that "2nd round steal" that everyone whines about their team passing on in 5-6 years. He was projected to go in the top 15 (some had him top 10) and fell all the way to the early second.

ZetterBurger is offline  
Old
05-05-2012, 04:43 PM
  #189
sarcastro
Registered User
 
sarcastro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 12,245
vCash: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetterBurger View Post
I'm not really sold on him being that guy we hope he will be, but I am very optimistic about him. The next two years will be a huge step for him in his development, but I am really starting to think he could be that "2nd round steal" that everyone whines about their team passing on in 5-6 years. He was projected to go in the top 15 (some had him top 10) and fell all the way to the early second.
He's got all the talent in the world from what I understand, and has the size and speed to match. Will he add the physical element and bring max effort on a shift to shift basis as a pro? That's the only question I have right now. If he does, he could be a superstar.

sarcastro is offline  
Old
05-05-2012, 05:13 PM
  #190
zecke26
Registered User
 
zecke26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 10,254
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro View Post
He's got all the talent in the world from what I understand, and has the size and speed to match. Will he add the physical element and bring max effort on a shift to shift basis as a pro? That's the only question I have right now. If he does, he could be a superstar.
honestly i don't see anything in his game that screams potential superstar. he's a solid prospect and probably top6 down the road, but i don't think he has sky high potential.

i'm more interested in tvrdon. he's so inconsistent, he was outplayed by jurco at the WJC, but still...he has something in his game that made me very interested in him. there is that special thing and i wonder if he could be a guy who could explode if he finds a way to put all his tools together. a big if. the wings had a few of these guys the last years and neither put it all together (e.g. axelsson), but maybe tvrdon is able to. who knows.

zecke26 is offline  
Old
05-05-2012, 09:27 PM
  #191
Filppula
Jurks
 
Filppula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,545
vCash: 500
Goal for Jurco in another 3-2 win today.

Filppula is offline  
Old
05-06-2012, 07:38 AM
  #192
TheFirebird
Resurget Cineribus
 
TheFirebird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Yoshinoyama, Nara
Country: Japan
Posts: 720
vCash: 500
Jurco and Tvrdon on the same line could make for a very interesting chemistry; while both players look like they are products of the very same Slovakian sniper assembly-line that Hossa comes from, Jurco seems to have the more rounded skill set including the ability to set other players up very nicely, and Tvrdon seems to be the pure sniper/power forward of the two.

Seeing as how they are both more inclined to shoot the puck and score than pass (about time, we need more of those players!), perhaps someone like Jarnkrok would be an ideal center for the two, if they make both pan out.

TheFirebird is offline  
Old
05-06-2012, 09:39 AM
  #193
wings95
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Fort Leavenworth, KS
Country: United States
Posts: 1,991
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFirebird View Post
Jurco and Tvrdon on the same line could make for a very interesting chemistry; while both players look like they are products of the very same Slovakian sniper assembly-line that Hossa comes from, Jurco seems to have the more rounded skill set including the ability to set other players up very nicely, and Tvrdon seems to be the pure sniper/power forward of the two.

Seeing as how they are both more inclined to shoot the puck and score than pass (about time, we need more of those players!), perhaps someone like Jarnkrok would be an ideal center for the two, if they make both pan out.
I think it would worth it to try.

wings95 is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 02:53 AM
  #194
Filppula
Jurks
 
Filppula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,545
vCash: 500
How do you people think Jarnkrok compares to say, Marcus Johansson? More potential, about the same, less?

I think MoJo has talent but lacks the killer instinct. He did have 46 points in his 2nd season, pretty surprising actually, and could possibly develop into a 20-40 type guy.

Filppula is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 06:36 AM
  #195
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT
 
mindfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bloomfield Hills, MI
Country: Sweden
Posts: 8,736
vCash: 500
More potential than MaJo.

mindfly is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 07:38 AM
  #196
ZetterBurger
Registered User
 
ZetterBurger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Detroit, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 6,211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filppula View Post
How do you people think Jarnkrok compares to say, Marcus Johansson? More potential, about the same, less?

I think MoJo has talent but lacks the killer instinct. He did have 46 points in his 2nd season, pretty surprising actually, and could possibly develop into a 20-40 type guy.
I hope he has more. Mojo is good, and has been impressive in these playoffs, but wasn't he essentially getting 1st line minutes all year? Expected more from him, even though it's his sophomore season. I haven't seen a ton of Jarnkrok yet, and I am really hoping it's just onemore year of development before he's on the Wings, but I feel like he can get a lot more out of his linemates thatn Mojo.

Essentailly, MJ seems to be a great addition to his line, but Jarnkrok can carry that line more. On the other hand one is actually doing in the NHL, which is way more impressive, and the other played a whole year with Silfverberg. Who knows I guess, lol.

ZetterBurger is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 08:56 PM
  #197
Konnan511
#Loyalty
 
Konnan511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Traverse City
Country: United States
Posts: 5,115
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Konnan511
Jarnkrok has been a faceoff machine in these Worlds, including today as well winning 66% of his FO.

Konnan511 is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 09:20 PM
  #198
Trvp Lord
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,384
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Trvp Lord
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konnan511 View Post
Jarnkrok has been a faceoff machine in these Worlds, including today as well winning 66% of his FO.
Yeah, he's always been a great FO man from what i've seen.

Trvp Lord is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 10:35 PM
  #199
Trvp Lord
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,384
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Trvp Lord
I hear Tatar has been good for Slovakia?

Trvp Lord is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 11:00 PM
  #200
FlashyG
Registered User
 
FlashyG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,702
vCash: 500
He looked good vs Canada, I didn't notice him as much today vs the US though.

Here is his goal vs Canada


FlashyG is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:08 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.