HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Red Wings Prospects Tracker - Part III - Revenge of the Prospects

Closed Thread

Old
05-02-2012, 06:10 PM
FabricDetails

vCash: 500
How come no Dick Axelsson on the roster? :-P

Old
05-02-2012, 06:53 PM
ZetterBurger

What additions to GR are expected next year? Aside from Sheahan I have not heard anything about any prospects making the jump to pro. Anyone have an idea of which new blood to expect there next season?

Old
05-02-2012, 08:33 PM
19 for president

vCash: 562
I don't think these are entirely confirmed yet but it is expected that:

Jurco
Mrzaek
Sheahan
Almqvist

will all join the Wings next season. I think the only one of those that isn't 100% for sure it Jurco. Jurco could still play in juniors next year but he is able to play in GR.

Old
05-02-2012, 09:01 PM
RedMachine87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger98 View Post
That makes sense, thanks Chad. Do you think they will consider bringing Pulkkinen over now, knowing he needs to get used to the game, or hold off?

edit: heh, I shouldn't open the reply window and walk away, I always miss follow up posts. Thanks Jussi and Joe.
I wouldn't mind seeing Pulkkinen come over and get some playing time in the AHL; but since the SM-Liiga is already similar to NHL style hockey (in terms of rink size and physicality) and Teemu will get much more ice time over there, I'd prefer to just leave him in Finland for at least one more year. Let him get back to that dominant form and then have him cross the pond.

Old
05-03-2012, 04:42 AM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19 for president View Post

Jurco
Mrzaek
Sheahan
Almqvist

will all join the Wings next season. I think the only one of those that isn't 100% for sure it Jurco. Jurco could still play in juniors next year but he is able to play in GR.
i think all 4 are confirmed. jurco and mrazek were mentioned by jimmy D yesterday. sheahan we already know. and almqvist was confirmed by his swedish team a while ago.

Old
05-03-2012, 11:22 AM
zorz

interesting fact: Mrazek has more ties than just nationality in Czech WC team. He's also close friend of Jakub Stepanek, SKA St.Petersburg's goaltender and the starter for this tournament, who lives with Mrazek's sister. They also both come from the same village, so they are almost family. They both said they are thrilled to be on the same team.

Old
05-03-2012, 11:54 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
interesting fact: Mrazek has more ties than just nationality in Czech WC team. He's also close friend of Jakub Stepanek, SKA St.Petersburg's goaltender and the starter for this tournament, who lives with Mrazek's sister. They also both come from the same village, so they are almost family. They both said they are thrilled to be on the same team.
I remember reading in an article that the Wings should be careful about taking a Howard type approach with Mrazek because he would jet to Russia if he didn't like how he was handled. Shows a little bit of why in my opinion. I don't think he will but makes you wonder if a big Russian club like SKA came calling.

Old
05-03-2012, 11:58 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:

Jurco
Mrzaek
Sheahan
Almqvist

Almqvist and Sheahan are confirmed. Jurco and Mrazek are almost assured of not using overage years but goalies use them seemingly more than any other group, I don't think they want him in Toledo. I mean I guess all four could miraculously make the Detroit roster, of course Holland would have to have replaced Brian Burke in Toronto for that to happen.

Old
05-04-2012, 01:08 AM
Probie

Quote:

Jurco
Mrzaek
Sheahan
Almqvist

You mean the wings organization right? I would gather you mean all those would be in grand rapids right?

Old
05-04-2012, 05:28 AM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Probie View Post
You mean the wings organization right? I would gather you mean all those would be in grand rapids right?
That's kind of what I figured.

Old
05-05-2012, 07:38 AM
Filppula
Jurks

Goal and (primary) assist for Jurco last night in a 3-2 2OT win!! I like this bloke a LOT!

Old
05-05-2012, 10:36 AM
Konnan511
#Loyalty

Send a message via AIM to Konnan511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filppula View Post
Goal and (primary) assist for Jurco last night in a 3-2 2OT win!! I like this bloke a LOT!
I like how he scores in important games and just controls the play in blowouts.

Old
05-05-2012, 04:31 PM
ZetterBurger

Quote:
I'm not really sold on him being that guy we hope he will be, but I am very optimistic about him. The next two years will be a huge step for him in his development, but I am really starting to think he could be that "2nd round steal" that everyone whines about their team passing on in 5-6 years. He was projected to go in the top 15 (some had him top 10) and fell all the way to the early second.

Old
05-05-2012, 04:43 PM
sarcastro

vCash: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetterBurger View Post
I'm not really sold on him being that guy we hope he will be, but I am very optimistic about him. The next two years will be a huge step for him in his development, but I am really starting to think he could be that "2nd round steal" that everyone whines about their team passing on in 5-6 years. He was projected to go in the top 15 (some had him top 10) and fell all the way to the early second.
He's got all the talent in the world from what I understand, and has the size and speed to match. Will he add the physical element and bring max effort on a shift to shift basis as a pro? That's the only question I have right now. If he does, he could be a superstar.

Old
05-05-2012, 05:13 PM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro View Post
He's got all the talent in the world from what I understand, and has the size and speed to match. Will he add the physical element and bring max effort on a shift to shift basis as a pro? That's the only question I have right now. If he does, he could be a superstar.
honestly i don't see anything in his game that screams potential superstar. he's a solid prospect and probably top6 down the road, but i don't think he has sky high potential.

i'm more interested in tvrdon. he's so inconsistent, he was outplayed by jurco at the WJC, but still...he has something in his game that made me very interested in him. there is that special thing and i wonder if he could be a guy who could explode if he finds a way to put all his tools together. a big if. the wings had a few of these guys the last years and neither put it all together (e.g. axelsson), but maybe tvrdon is able to. who knows.

Old
05-05-2012, 09:27 PM
Filppula
Jurks

Goal for Jurco in another 3-2 win today.

Old
05-06-2012, 07:38 AM
TheFirebird
Resurget Cineribus

Jurco and Tvrdon on the same line could make for a very interesting chemistry; while both players look like they are products of the very same Slovakian sniper assembly-line that Hossa comes from, Jurco seems to have the more rounded skill set including the ability to set other players up very nicely, and Tvrdon seems to be the pure sniper/power forward of the two.

Seeing as how they are both more inclined to shoot the puck and score than pass (about time, we need more of those players!), perhaps someone like Jarnkrok would be an ideal center for the two, if they make both pan out.

Old
05-06-2012, 09:39 AM
wings95

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFirebird View Post
Jurco and Tvrdon on the same line could make for a very interesting chemistry; while both players look like they are products of the very same Slovakian sniper assembly-line that Hossa comes from, Jurco seems to have the more rounded skill set including the ability to set other players up very nicely, and Tvrdon seems to be the pure sniper/power forward of the two.

Seeing as how they are both more inclined to shoot the puck and score than pass (about time, we need more of those players!), perhaps someone like Jarnkrok would be an ideal center for the two, if they make both pan out.
I think it would worth it to try.

Old
05-07-2012, 02:53 AM
Filppula
Jurks

How do you people think Jarnkrok compares to say, Marcus Johansson? More potential, about the same, less?

I think MoJo has talent but lacks the killer instinct. He did have 46 points in his 2nd season, pretty surprising actually, and could possibly develop into a 20-40 type guy.

Old
05-07-2012, 06:36 AM
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT

More potential than MaJo.

Old
05-07-2012, 07:38 AM
ZetterBurger

Quote:
How do you people think Jarnkrok compares to say, Marcus Johansson? More potential, about the same, less?

I think MoJo has talent but lacks the killer instinct. He did have 46 points in his 2nd season, pretty surprising actually, and could possibly develop into a 20-40 type guy.
I hope he has more. Mojo is good, and has been impressive in these playoffs, but wasn't he essentially getting 1st line minutes all year? Expected more from him, even though it's his sophomore season. I haven't seen a ton of Jarnkrok yet, and I am really hoping it's just onemore year of development before he's on the Wings, but I feel like he can get a lot more out of his linemates thatn Mojo.

Essentailly, MJ seems to be a great addition to his line, but Jarnkrok can carry that line more. On the other hand one is actually doing in the NHL, which is way more impressive, and the other played a whole year with Silfverberg. Who knows I guess, lol.

Old
05-07-2012, 08:56 PM
Konnan511
#Loyalty

Send a message via AIM to Konnan511
Jarnkrok has been a faceoff machine in these Worlds, including today as well winning 66% of his FO.

Old
05-07-2012, 09:20 PM
Trvp Lord

Send a message via MSN to Trvp Lord
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konnan511 View Post
Jarnkrok has been a faceoff machine in these Worlds, including today as well winning 66% of his FO.
Yeah, he's always been a great FO man from what i've seen.

Old
05-07-2012, 10:35 PM
Trvp Lord

Send a message via MSN to Trvp Lord
I hear Tatar has been good for Slovakia?

Old
05-07-2012, 11:00 PM
FlashyG

He looked good vs Canada, I didn't notice him as much today vs the US though.

Here is his goal vs Canada

Closed Thread