HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

Bottom 6/Shake up the lines?

Old
04-12-2012, 10:22 PM
Kitten Mittons

vCash: 500
Bottom 6/Shake up the lines?

OK what do we do? Wingels and Desi have been solid. Winnik and Mitchell have been okay. Moore and Galiardi sucked.

Do we just bump the third line down and make the forth line our third? Do we suit up Handzus/Ferriero? Change line combos?

Also, Marleau?

Kitten Mittons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 10:26 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#healBurish

vCash: 567
No Handzus. Maybe Ferriero.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 10:27 PM
hawkytalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
OK what do we do? Wingels and Desi have been solid. Winnik and Mitchell have been okay. Moore and Galiardi sucked.

Do we just bump the third line down and make the forth line our third? Do we suit up Handzus/Ferriero? Change line combos?

Also, Marleau?
completely agree with all points. Moore and Galiardi really struggled. Moore and Mitchell really need to hit the weight room in the offseason. Hopefully stubborn TMac makes some changes before the next game

hawkytalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 10:30 PM
ScottyDont

vCash: 900
Get rid of Galiardi and put in Ferriero

ScottyDont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 10:34 PM
Derick*

Send a message via MSN to Derick*
Send Marleau down there. Spreads the talent and maybe it'll wake him up.

Mitchell - Thornton - Pavelski
Clowe - Couture - Havlat
Winnik - Marleau - Wingles
Ferreiro - Handzus - Desjardins

Derick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 10:46 PM
USF Shark
Zion politikn

We won, I wouldn't change anything. Some guys just need to play better, but we need players like Moore in the line-up because of his speed

Old
04-12-2012, 10:48 PM
Kitten Mittons

BTW, Desi won 6 out of 7 faceoffs. Beast.

Kitten Mittons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 10:50 PM
KirbyDots

Quote:
Originally Posted by USF Shark View Post
We won, I wouldn't change anything. Some guys just need to play better, but we need players like Moore in the line-up because of his speed
This. As much as I'd like to see Ferriero over TJ, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

KirbyDots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 10:52 PM
Gilligans Island
HFBoards Sponsor

Yeah, we need speed and tenacity more than anything else down there. Mitchell, Moore, Wingels, Galiardi and Desi have speed. Winnik is fine - protects the puck well and has great hockey sense. Plus we need his PK ability. I'd stick with this set and like others have said, put Patty down there if need be. Bring Mitchell or Galiardi or Winnik up to hunt pucks down.

Gilligans Island is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 10:59 PM
Led Zappa
Steady As She Goes

The fact that they got into the position to say they sucked says they were better than you think. The bounces will come. keep it the same. Maybe put in Ferriero because he'll play great for a game or two.

Theres a lot of things wrong with this country, but one of the few things still right with it is that a man can steer clear of the organized ******** if he really wants to. Its a goddamned luxury, and if I were you, Id take advantage of it while you can.
-- Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
Led Zappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 11:10 PM
Korolyuk15

I'd like to see Ferriero instead of Galliardi at least...he is a good skater and tenacious on the forecheck, could make an impact

Maybe

Ferrerio - Desjardins - Wingels

Winnik- Handzus/Moore - Mitchell

Korolyuk15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 11:12 PM
Ninja Hertl
formerly sharkohol

I think Gali will regress to the mean and actually finish one.

Ninja Hertl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 11:19 PM
HBSauce
Dirts McGirts

I don't know, we always blast McLellan for mixing lines up but I honestly think no one completely stunk up the joint tonight.

It's difficult playing the Blues, you have to make absolute accurate passes and have proper support to get it through the neutral zone. Give credit where it is due to the Blues, they are always hustling and put mad pressure on the players at all times. Very good positional team and opportunistic (2nd goal).

Keep things the same for now, if there's an injury or something just isn't working then change it.

HBSauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 11:22 PM
WTFetus

Keep the bottom 6. If there was one thing I'd change, I'd take out Murray. Sure he had a few shoves, but overall, he was extremely bad tonight. Can't read the play in the defensive zone, can't make a 3 foot pass, and no offensive capabilities whatsoever. I wouldn't even mind seeing White in there considering he was pretty solid in his recent games.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 11:27 PM
Led Zappa
Steady As She Goes

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
Keep the bottom 6. If there was one thing I'd change, I'd take out Murray. Sure he had a few shoves, but overall, he was extremely bad tonight. Can't read the play in the defensive zone, can't make a 3 foot pass, and no offensive capabilities whatsoever. I wouldn't even mind seeing White in there considering he was pretty solid in his recent games.
Something seems physically wrong with Murray. If I knew for sure I wouldn't mind White in for him. He didn't look good tonight.

Led Zappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 11:36 PM
Korolyuk15

yea, I like Murray but he did seem a little off, was having trouble keeping up with the direction changes of players along the boards...hopefully was just an abnormality and he isn't injured...Really don't want to see White or Vandy

Old
04-12-2012, 11:44 PM
WTFetus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korolyuk15 View Post
yea, I like Murray but he did seem a little off, was having trouble keeping up with the direction changes of players along the boards...hopefully was just an abnormality and he isn't injured...Really don't want to see White or Vandy
The problem is, every team knows what to do against Murray when he's on the ice. If you want to get in the zone, chip it behind him. He is just so slow. And if he has the puck at the point, just cover the d-to-d pass. He'll either shoot it into someone's shins, or just rim it around the boards again. Tonight it seemed like whenever Murray was on the ice, they were hemmed in the defensive zone. Burns ends up having to watch both sides while Murray just covers air in the slot.

He's probably still very injured, but he really wasn't good this entire season. I'd say put Vandermeer in (since he's faster and is still pretty physical), but he hasn't played in forever.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 11:48 PM
WantonAbandon

Do nothing. The Sharks need to cycle in this series.

WantonAbandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Linkster
LTIR'ed off

Changing things on the road after a win probably doesn't help much. I'd wait until they're back in SJ and have last change + shorten bench as an insurance policy before replacing guys currently in the lineup. Plus, TMac will have more evidence to make a bold move by then.

But giving Marleau some shifts next game with Winnik and Mitchell might help wake him up, especially if they're down by 1 goal again. Slot Wingels in with Thornton and Pavelski for some energy.

And I don't think White or Vandy, as much as I like Vandy, will bring more than Murray can.

Linkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Korolyuk15

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
The problem is, every team knows what to do against Murray when he's on the ice. If you want to get in the zone, chip it behind him. He is just so slow. And if he has the puck at the point, just cover the d-to-d pass. He'll either shoot it into someone's shins, or just rim it around the boards again. Tonight it seemed like whenever Murray was on the ice, they were hemmed in the defensive zone. Burns ends up having to watch both sides while Murray just covers air in the slot.
yea, he is definitely slow and doesn't contribute much to the offence, but I have always felt he has managed to be quite effective at shutting down players along the boards which is very important when playing a team that cycles (I still have nightmares about Forsberg behind the net and Hannan trying to control him)...but as I said, he just looked even slower than normal, not on open ice but in terms of keeping up with players along the boards, could well be he isn't a 100%

Old
04-12-2012, 11:49 PM
Chubbs
Toasty

Every team lately has been utilizing the left side dump whenever Murray is out. It really is a win-win for the chasing team because they will either retrieve it before Murray can get back, or they can force a turnover because the puck won't get moved fast enough. It's a glaring weakness and definitely needs to be addressed.

Chubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 11:52 PM
Korolyuk15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkster View Post
Changing things on the road after a win probably doesn't help much. I'd wait until they're back in SJ and have last change + shorten bench as an insurance policy before replacing guys currently in the lineup. Plus, TMac will have more evidence to make a bold move by then.

But giving Marleau some shifts next game with Winnik and Mitchell might help wake him up, especially if they're down by 1 goal again. Slot Wingels in with Thornton and Pavelski for some energy.

And I don't think White or Vandy, as much as I like Vandy, will bring more than Murray can.
Is definitely something to be said for "if it isn't broke yet, don't fix it", however the flip side is that it sort of implies that after losing game 2 there will be something to fix...

St Louis will come out really hard on saturday, and the sharks will need a lot more jump to keep up, someone like Ferriero could be just the tiny added spark during the first 10 minutes of the game to keep things from going south...

Old
04-13-2012, 01:00 AM
Tkachuk4MVP
22 Years of Fail

The 4th line was awful in the 1st OT, but so was just about everyone else. Overall I thought they played well. They created a ton of chances, mainly due to their speed, they just couldn't finish. Breaking them up and/or benching any of them would be a mistake IMO.

Tkachuk4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 01:04 AM
SactoShark
fun must be alwalys

vCash: 50
Please don't stir it all up. Let these lines play and figure out each others' positioning.

Sub one if there's something obviously lacking... but glue this thing together and let the 3/4 lines roll.

SactoShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 05:42 AM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
It's time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by USF Shark View Post
We won, I wouldn't change anything.
Agreed. Shake things up after a road win? Nah.