HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WCQF Gm#2: KINGS(8) @ CANUCKS(1), Friday, 4/13/12 @ 7:00 pm PDT {KCOP-13, NBCSN}

Closed Thread

Old
04-13-2012, 12:28 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
Per Foxy... D. Sedin skated early this morning by himself. No idea if he'll play tonight.

Mark Spector @SportsnetSpec states that it was a light skate w/no coaches or players. "Surely won't play."

Kings have got to take advantage while they can.
Agreed, but more importantly when he does come back the Kings have to make body contact with him every chance they get.

Old
04-13-2012, 12:35 PM
mbar

Not sure if this was already posted but if you want to relive game 1 from the "hockey night in canada" perspective, they have the whole game available on line here:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockeynight...22077154&tab=2

Interesting to hear how often the Canadian broadcasters are calling out the Canucks for blatant diving.

Old
04-13-2012, 12:51 PM
Pharseer

vCash: 50
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbar View Post
Not sure if this was already posted but if you want to relive game 1 from the "hockey night in canada" perspective, they have the whole game available on line here:

Interesting to hear how often the Canadian broadcasters are calling out the Canucks for blatant diving.
Thanks for sharing that, and on my Canadian feed the announcers were impressed at how the Kings were skating away and not taking retaliation penalties. Hoping for more of that in the series.

Old
04-13-2012, 01:12 PM
KingsKnight
L.A. Kriminals

I think the Canucks come out strong tonight, but we weather the storm and push back within the first 5 minutes. How Quick plays tonight at the start could set the tone for the game. We need him to be strong and deflate the expected pressure the Canucks will surely give. We also need Kopi to take charge and give their defense another thing to worry about. And with the way they're hassling Doughty, we need the other dmen to step up. This game's gonna be good! Go Kings!!

Old
04-13-2012, 01:17 PM
Kingurentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharseer View Post
Thanks for sharing that, and on my Canadian feed the announcers were impressed at how the Kings were skating away and not taking retaliation penalties. Hoping for more of that in the series.
I agree. Kings were collectively great at irritating the Canucks and trolling them.
Need more of the same.

Old
04-13-2012, 01:19 PM
YP44

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbar View Post

I was very surprised. Usually Jim Houston is the most bias Canuck fan ever. Not only do I hate his monotone announcing during most games, it is even worse during a sucks game. I am guessin they were told to cut back on the bais. That or it was just too much to handle.

Old
04-13-2012, 01:28 PM
BeantownHockey19

As a Bruins fan, im pulling for you guys. Cant stand Vancouver and im very familiar with alot of your team from going to alot of Monarchs games

Old
04-13-2012, 01:45 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Per Helene,

LOKTI IN FOR CLIFFORD <3 <3

Ugh. Going to dinner tonight with family so I've gotta remember to sit near a TV and have em turn it on for me.

Time for Jimmy Neutron to shine! 2G + 1A sounds good?

Old
04-13-2012, 01:46 PM
King Richards
Dry Island II

Wow. I hope this doesn't juggle our lines up too badly. Maybe swap Stool onto 4th line and let Lokti take that spot?

Old
04-13-2012, 01:49 PM
DaAnimal

Be confident and play as a team.

The rest will take care of itself.

We all know the canucks will come out strong so continue to pressure Luo in front of the net, like one analyst said: "If you want to score on Luo you have to attack the net constantly or score on a bad angle."

I believe in this team and it's a pity that the media are blinded by our talents. They have no idea how much we have changed after the trade deadline. This is not the same LA Kings as before.

Old
04-13-2012, 01:54 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

If it was a home game, i think Westy would have played, but you don't want the 4th line caught out vs the Canucks top line if Westgarth is on it. Loktionov is much better defensively and will be better at getting the puck out of the zone should they be on the ice in a bad matchup

Old
04-13-2012, 02:06 PM
TonySCV
3 in 5 > 3 in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Richards View Post
Wow. I hope this doesn't juggle our lines up too badly. Maybe swap Stool onto 4th line and let Lokti take that spot?
That's a lot to ask of a kid in his first ever playoff game.

Old
04-13-2012, 02:14 PM
DeeMeck

It's going to take a little bit of the edge off the 4th line. I think that is a fair tradeoff though to keep the chemistry together for the other 3 lines.

Old
04-13-2012, 02:15 PM
cyclones22

Quite honestly, I doubt we see Daniel Sedin at all in this series. Concussions as we well know...are tricky things. We haven't seen Gagne in ages and he's skated since, but we won't see him in the lineup again this season. We're still waiting for Deadmarsh and Allison to return! Toews just came back after missing 20+ games. We all know the Crosby saga. Point is, I'm sure he's skating with the hopes of a return during the playoffs. The Canucks have to be planning a long playoff run, so if Daniel returns at all, it could be in later rounds. The Kings have to make sure that doesn't happen.

I'm thinking that tonight's game will go into OT and I'm hoping that Quick exercises some of his OT demons from last year's playoffs. An OT loss by the Nucks could be crushing for them. A win just might strengthen their resolve. That being said, beat them in regulation please!

Old
04-13-2012, 02:19 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
I fear for Loktionov if he is playing wing. He's going to get crushed. Lewis was run like a ragdoll and Loktionov is even smaller and more fragile.

Put Loktionov with Penner and Lewis and move Stoll to wing with Fraser.

Penner-Loktionov-Lewis
Stoll-Fraser-Nolan

This would give a preview for next season to see if Loktionov can handle the 3rd line center role next season. Baptism by fire.

Old
04-13-2012, 02:20 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
We cannot see the flat Kings team that seems to show up every once in awhile. This team better come out hot and ready to play some winning playoff hockey.

Old
04-13-2012, 02:22 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
We cannot see the flat Kings team that seems to show up every once in awhile. This team better come out hot and ready to play some winning playoff hockey.
I have faith that Sutter and Richards won't let that happen.

I expect Richards to start the game again and set the tone. I would like to see Kopitar be more selfish tonight and shoot at every opportunity. His line mates were shooting like crazy; it's time to see shooting Kopitar again.

Old
04-13-2012, 02:27 PM
bobafettish*

kcop13 again **** you FSW, i love baseball but get your **** together.

Old
04-13-2012, 02:29 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

I would like to see Loktionov on the PP over Stoll, especially since it seemed like Stoll lost every important draw in game 1.

Old
04-13-2012, 02:31 PM
bobafettish*

we need to score some even strength goals cant just rely on 5v3's and 5 minute majors. if we played like last game i think luongo cracks.

Old
04-13-2012, 02:32 PM
YP44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
I fear for Loktionov if he is playing wing. He's going to get crushed. Lewis was run like a ragdoll and Loktionov is even smaller and more fragile.

Put Loktionov with Penner and Lewis and move Stoll to wing with Fraser.

Penner-Loktionov-Lewis
Stoll-Fraser-Nolan

This would give a preview for next season to see if Loktionov can handle the 3rd line center role next season. Baptism by fire.
I don't think it is the right time of year to get a preview for next. We shoudl put him on the fourth to get his feet wet, and let him get use to the playoff atmosphere. If he works his way up than yes give him the thrid.
I am a fan of having him and not west because I could see loki coming in on the PP if it struggles.

Old
04-13-2012, 02:32 PM
YP44

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
we need to score some even strength goals cant just rely on 5v3's and 5 minute majors. if we played like last game i think luongo cracks.
I hope bobby lou let's in a weak one early.

Old
04-13-2012, 02:34 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
I don't think it is the right time of year to get a preview for next. We shoudl put him on the fourth to get his feet wet, and let him get use to the playoff atmosphere. If he works his way up than yes give him the thrid.
I am a fan of having him and not west because I could see loki coming in on the PP if it struggles.
Could he really be worse than Stoll from game 1? If he struggles in the first, you can move Stoll back to the third line.

You never know which players are going to thrive in the NHL playoffs until you give them a chance.

Old
04-13-2012, 02:41 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
I would like to see Loktionov on the PP over Stoll, especially since it seemed like Stoll lost every important draw in game 1.
Mitchell doesnt score if Stoll isn't screening Luongo

Old
04-13-2012, 02:44 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
Mitchell doesnt score if Stoll isn't screening Luongo
Vancouver doesn't score if Stoll doesn't take a stupid penalty and then doesn't pick up anyone coming out of the box.

Mitchell's shot was deflected anyways, could have beat Luongo even if he saw it.

Closed Thread