HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WCQF Gm#2: KINGS(8) @ CANUCKS(1), Friday, 4/13/12 @ 7:00 pm PDT {KCOP-13, NBCSN}

Closed Thread

Old
04-13-2012, 03:46 PM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

vCash: 500
There is a crazy rain and thunder storm by me here in LA. I even saw some hail, hopefully that won't kill my TV signal for the game tonight.

Old
04-13-2012, 03:49 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWest View Post
There is a crazy rain and thunder storm by me here in LA. I even saw some hail, hopefully that won't kill my TV signal for the game tonight.
better now than in 6 hr 45 min.

Old
04-13-2012, 03:53 PM
stanleycupcrazy

Fingers crossed for the kings tonight. If mike richards plays like he did in game 1 it could be the difference in game 2. He was amazing. Can't wait for the game to start, it will be interesting to see the canucks tactics should things not go their way again. All that diving and whining has no place in hockey.

Old
04-13-2012, 04:03 PM
Nefarious
Classless Doty

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleycupcrazy View Post
Fingers crossed for the kings tonight. If mike richards plays like he did in game 1 it could be the difference in game 2. He was amazing. Can't wait for the game to start, it will be interesting to see the canucks tactics should things not go their way again. All that diving and whining has no place in hockey.
It's funny, they definitely keyed in on the Kopitar line after they dominated in the first and most of the second period. But even with their main lockdown guy in Kesler, AV said he didn't like matching up Kesler VS Richards.

Quote:
"I'm not sure I like that matchup," Vigneault said, breaking into laughter before adding he might change it up for Game 2 on Friday night.
Not sure if he's being serious or not. But it seems if their best lock down guy (Selke Trophy winner) can't slow down Richards in the playoffs, no one can. As others have speculated, will the CaSucks go after Richards with a cheapshot? Possibly. I hope the refs are at their best tonight.

All that said, it looks like rolling all four lines is working. Everyone is playing their game. With Kopi and Richards healthy down the middle. Things are looking good.

Old
04-13-2012, 04:11 PM
SLang

I'm gonna go against the grain. I'd put Westgarth on the 4th line over Loktionov. I could swear that in last year's playoffs the guy turned up the wick and even chipped in with a couple of points....didn't he? I could swear I remember most of us being surprised by his play.

Old
04-13-2012, 04:13 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefarious View Post
It's funny, they definitely keyed in on the Kopitar line after they dominated in the first and most of the second period. But even with their main lockdown guy in Kesler, AV said he didn't like matching up Kesler VS Richards.
Either he shouldn't have won the selke last season or the Canucks are in bad trouble (or both) if Kesler isn't the right guy.

This is why that 1-2 punch at center is so important in the playoffs. Teams rarely have 2 shutdown lines.

Old
04-13-2012, 04:14 PM
Pucknut50

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSlovenian View Post
This is just to funny. All the other teams are wishing the Kings to beat Vancouver. I don't really know what the Canucks have done in the NHL to be "hated" so much. Can someone please explain ?
I would think the main reason is Vancouver is a great team and if they are eliminated that will mean home ice advantage. If I'm a fan of St Louis, Yotes, Sharks, Preds, Detroit, and Hawks, I want the #1 seated team out.

Old
04-13-2012, 04:15 PM
topliner967

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLang View Post
I'm gonna go against the grain. I'd put Westgarth on the 4th line over Loktionov. I could swear that in last year's playoffs the guy turned up the wick and even chipped in with a couple of points....didn't he? I could swear I remember most of us being surprised by his play.
This year it's Lokti's turn

Penner tied for the lead in GWG. Keep it up!

Old
04-13-2012, 04:29 PM
TwzKing

Send a message via AIM to TwzKing
I can use a sick day tonight, instead of going into work. What to do what to do..... ahhhhh

Old
04-13-2012, 04:29 PM
yankeeking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharseer View Post
Let's just say that the team that wins the President's trophy, is in many circles favored to win the Stanley Cup.

Other teams don't want to see that team make it out of the early rounds for just that reason.

There are other reasons, on a team by team basis, but that's the biggest worry right there. Noone wants to face the President's trophy winner at this time of year.

Tonight, the Kings will have to bring their best game, count on seeing a different Van team. Hoping we get Bob and Jim for the broadcast.

GO KINGS GO!
thats BS they are hated for the simple fact they are whiners and floppers,and we have played the Presidents trophy winners before and never had every team go to hate mode like this .....as good as they are they are an embarrassment at times to all hockey fans with their antics

Old
04-13-2012, 04:30 PM
stanleycupcrazy

[QUOTE=TonySCV;47908235]Either he shouldn't have won the selke last season or the Canucks are in bad trouble (or both) if Kesler isn't the right guy.

I think its both. Richards offensive talent and grit is too much for kesler to handle. He can get under the skin of players and has great leadership skills which makes everyone around him better. Kesler can't intimidate him either and im not sure he can cope with that.

Old
04-13-2012, 04:38 PM
SLang

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwzKing View Post
I can use a sick day tonight, instead of going into work. What to do what to do..... ahhhhh
You don't sound good. I can hear it in your typing.

Old
04-13-2012, 04:47 PM
SinBinSportsBlog

I have the feeling Loktionov is going to do something big tonight

Old
04-13-2012, 04:50 PM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLang View Post
You don't sound good. I can hear it in your typing.
Actually he got sick from watching all the Kesler diving. I guess it's going around now.

Old
04-13-2012, 04:51 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Vancouver doesn't score if Stoll doesn't take a stupid penalty and then doesn't pick up anyone coming out of the box.

Mitchell's shot was deflected anyways, could have beat Luongo even if he saw it.
Somewhat agree. Stoll was flat out brutal in that first game but when you set up a nice screen and your team wins that tends to make his play more crappy than brutal.

Old
04-13-2012, 04:55 PM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

If Stoll can stop trying to be Ethan Moreau I think we should be good to go!

Old
04-13-2012, 04:58 PM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefarious View Post

Not sure if he's being serious or not. But it seems if their best lock down guy (Selke Trophy winner) can't slow down Richards in the playoffs, no one can. As others have speculated, will the CaSucks go after Richards with a cheapshot? Possibly. I hope the refs are at their best tonight.

All that said, it looks like rolling all four lines is working. Everyone is playing their game. With Kopi and Richards healthy down the middle. Things are looking good.
Yeah, I was also surprised that Vigneault said that. Kesler is a Selke winner, but he's worried that he can't shutdown Richards....ok. I'm still laughing that, Canucks fans said that the Pahlsson line would be able to shutdown Kopi's line...yeah, how did that work out nucks fans?

Old
04-13-2012, 05:00 PM
yankeeking

kesler could and normally would get the calls when he flops but when he is against a much respected guy like MR he doesn't get it as quick, that flop after the faceoff at the blueline was classic and as you see him flailling and his stick flying away MR skates up ice, that could lead to outmanned attacks and thats the last line AV wants going in on loucrazyleggs luongo.....going to be a great night boys and ladies,
GO KINGS GO

Old
04-13-2012, 05:00 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinBinSportsBlog View Post
I am cautious about the move. Loktionov is small and not really physical at all. He is a terrific playmaker, but doesn't really have a killer instinct around the net. This will have to be one of the best games he has ever played. As long as he stays defensively responsible, uses his speed, and keeps skating hard, he should have an impact or at least not be a liability today.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Old
04-13-2012, 05:02 PM
Axl Rhoadz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinBinSportsBlog View Post

yeah, will probably be the first player to actually be decapitated on the ice.

Old
04-13-2012, 05:04 PM
King Richards
Dry Island II

This might be the only time in the history of the team that I would prefer Westgarth in over Loktionov. Let's hope I'm wrong about that.

Old
04-13-2012, 05:11 PM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

vCash: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWest View Post
It's raining hella hard( that was for you Sharks fans). I work in Santa Ana and is freaking flooding.

That being said, the signal shouldn't be affected.

Old
04-13-2012, 05:12 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Loki has clearly been chosen just to make sure the 4th line isnt a defensive liability which it very well could have been if it was Westgarth instead

Old
04-13-2012, 05:12 PM
Nose of Sutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Richards View Post
This might be the only time in the history of the team that I would prefer Westgarth in over Loktionov. Let's hope I'm wrong about that.
Yeah or atleast put him on the 3rd line with Stoll and Penner, put Lewis on the 4th.

I love Lokti, but he is going to get destroyed on the 4th line.

Old
04-13-2012, 05:14 PM
Nefarious
Classless Doty

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Richards View Post
Agreed. But I will say that with the PO atmosphere, and having the energy of Brown, King, Nolan, Lewis, and Richards, maybe Lokti will up his physical game, Maybe.

Last edited by Nefarious: 04-13-2012 at 05:14 PM. Reason: typo fixed
Closed Thread