HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blackhawks @ Coyotes Game 1

Old
04-13-2012, 01:26 PM
zytz
lumberjack

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
yea that's a sweet plan, lets just put bruno in the top 6 because we refuse to admit he was a bad signing.

He's sucked all year and its not just going to magically change because we want it to.
I won't argue that Bruno belongs in the top 6, because he very obviously does not.

But bad signing? 12 g and15 assists is bad?

zytz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 01:34 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by zytz View Post
I won't argue that Bruno belongs in the top 6, because he very obviously does not.

But bad signing? 12 g and15 assists is bad?
8 of those goals and 15 of his 27pts were scored in 2011. He only really produces ANYTHING when he's dragging down a scoring line. He's not very good defensively, slow as all hell and doesn't really belong in the bottom 6. He certainly doesn't belong in the top 6 either, so yea, I'd say he was a bad signing.

he also only has 4 goals in 2012. He's a liability out there and his play has not been worth 2 mil.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 01:36 PM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
Some good, some bad. Oduya will turn the puck over, he's a high risk, high reward player. When he isn't making big plays, he looks pretty horrible. Still, we have what we have and have to just roll it out there and hope for the best. I still feel the top 6 lines should be:

Sharp-Kane-Hossa
Stalberg-Toews-Shaw/Hayes

I just feel it gives us two strong lines and I also feel Sharp-Kane-Hossa is going to score more than any other 1st line we can make with the possible exception of Sharp-Toews-Kane.

On D, I still like Hammer-Leddy as a pair and putting Oduya on the 3rd pairing to give us depth and speed there. If we need to take chances offensively late in the game, then move Oduya up, but I'd like to see more balance and strength in the top 4 to start out the game.

Crawford was decent, but we'll obviously need a few games from him this series where he is better.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 01:50 PM
Fortyfives

Was it just me or did Sharp just look totally disinterested out there? I felt he wasn't ready for playoff hockey and avoided contact at all times.

Isn't he better off with some play makers on his line so he can get some good looks?

Fortyfives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 01:58 PM
Chelios

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Crawford was decent, but we'll obviously need a few games from him this series where he is better.
What? Crawford was decent but has to be better? Crawford was our best player last night and made several gorgeous saves. He was the absolute last of our worries last night and we should have no problem winning games when he plays like that as long as we don't gift wrap turnovers to the other team like we did last night.

Last edited by Chelios: 04-13-2012 at 02:03 PM.
Chelios is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 02:02 PM
xX Hot Fuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortyfives View Post
Was it just me or did Sharp just look totally disinterested out there? I felt he wasn't ready for playoff hockey and avoided contact at all times.

Isn't he better off with some play makers on his line so he can get some good looks?
Just you.

Sharp was fine but he was playing with Stalberg who kept fumblilng pucks and Kruger who was being...well typical Kruger.

Sharp looked good on our several PP's but its hard for him to get anything going when playing with sub-par linemates against such a tight defensive team.

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 02:02 PM
Chelios

Quote:
Originally Posted by FytinSioux View Post
Leddy doesn't seem ready for playoffs yet. He seems scared in the corners. Doesn't go in with authority, just seems hesitant to engage the puck. Play gets tougher in the corners in the playoffs and you have to be stronger on the puck. A few times last night I was yelling at him to man up. He would go in softly and lose a puck battle he should have won.
While I agree that Leddy needs to get stronger, to say he is not ready for playoffs is flat out wrong. He played a very good game last night. He was our best dman outside of the first pairing.

Old
04-13-2012, 02:09 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
Just you.

Sharp was fine but he was playing with Stalberg who kept fumblilng pucks and Kruger who was being...well typical Kruger.

Sharp looked good on our several PP's but its hard for him to get anything going when playing with sub-par linemates against such a tight defensive team.

Sharp was horrible. Bad decisions with the puck, turnovers and bad shots. That has nothing to do with his line mates. At this point I expect more out of Sharp than his line mates. He was the worst of the three.

He also could not win a 50/50 puck to save his life.

It's one game. That line played very well for the last month but that group looked timid and unprepared for the playoffs.

Last edited by HawksFan74: 04-13-2012 at 02:15 PM.
HawksFan74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 02:10 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelios View Post
What? Crawford was decent but has to be better? Crawford was our best player last night and made several gorgeous saves. He was the absolute last of our worries last night and we should have no problem winning games when he plays like that as long as we don't gift wrap turnovers to the other team like we did last night.
The team isn't good enough for that to happen. He's going to have to steal some games even with the turnovers. That's how we won last year with weak depth. It's how we'll have to win this year with weak depth. Crawford playing like he did last night should be enough but the team isn't deep enough to make that so. It's just reality. Take a shot at Bowman if you don't like that, I won't stand in your way, trust me.

Old
04-13-2012, 02:15 PM
xX Hot Fuss

Quote:
The team isn't good enough for that to happen. He's going to have to steal some games even with the turnovers. That's how we won last year with weak depth. It's how we'll have to win this year with weak depth. Crawford playing like he did last night should be enough but the team isn't deep enough to make that so. It's just reality. Take a shot at Bowman if you don't like that, I won't stand in your way, trust me.
I only remember 2 of the 3 goals.

OT goal: Point shot, deflection by Hanzal. Craw was screened by Leddy, Hanzal, and two other Hawks who couldn't move Hanzal out of the way.

Other goal: Craw went to freeze it, Hammer stole the puck from him, lost it, and then gave up basically a juicy rebound in front of a near empty net.

Crawford played fantastic last night. He's playing well enough to keep us in games against the hottest goaltender in the NHL right now. You CANT ask for anything more than that. Crawford isn't an elite level goalie, the only thing you can ask him to do is keep us in tight games this series.

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 02:20 PM
digdug41982

That's all well and good but I'm still expecting this team to win the Cup even if it will only likely make it to 7 here or the second round. So that means Bowman's holes are going to have to be covered up with hall of fame type play like we saw last year.

Old
04-13-2012, 02:57 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

really guys, some of you can't look at what happens with a bit of reality.

@coldsteel
Crawford can't play any better than that. He was almost perfect for a goalie

@madgoat
Brunos numbers 2012 are worse than the 2011 numbers? really? wow, I give you the stat guru award for the day. Brunos icetime was lower in 2012 than 2011 and when he played, he was on the 4th line for most of the time

Bruno was signed to give us a net presence and he was the guy that should get Buffs PP role. The biggest problem is, that we play a different system without shooting the puck. No deflections, no rebounds, not even a need to screen the goalie.

You want Krüger out of the Top6, that's all good and fine. I want him out of the Top6 too (during the POs), but who get's his Spot?
another rookie with no experience that won't help us?
a guy that can't play hockey and can only fight a bit?
Frolik in the Top6?
Q won't and shouldn't break up the 3rd line.

BTW, 27 points isn't bad for a depth guy that Bruno was

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 03:06 PM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
Sharp was horrible. Bad decisions with the puck, turnovers and bad shots. That has nothing to do with his line mates. At this point I expect more out of Sharp than his line mates. He was the worst of the three.

It's one game. That line played very well for the last month but that group looked timid and unprepared for the playoffs.
Sharp was brutal. Contact? In the 2nd period the Hawks had the puck in deep and it got turned over to PHO along the benchside wall. Sharp does a flyby with his stick 3 feet in the air instead of finishing his check and changing. Who knows, finish your check, get a turnover and get fresh guys on the ice? Never know what may happen but Sharp chose to just go with a change. Very unprepared.

Marotte Marauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 03:16 PM
TheGreatGodsby*

Pretty lame that Toews showed up after his concussion, but the rest mostly didn't. fo' shame Hawks. Still only really need 1 on the road anyway, so not worried bros.

Last edited by Blackhawkswincup: 04-13-2012 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Took out word gay
TheGreatGodsby* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 03:27 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
really guys, some of you can't look at what happens with a bit of reality.

@coldsteel
Crawford can't play any better than that. He was almost perfect for a goalie

@madgoat
Brunos numbers 2012 are worse than the 2011 numbers? really? wow, I give you the stat guru award for the day. Brunos icetime was lower in 2012 than 2011 and when he played, he was on the 4th line for most of the time

Bruno was signed to give us a net presence and he was the guy that should get Buffs PP role. The biggest problem is, that we play a different system without shooting the puck. No deflections, no rebounds, not even a need to screen the goalie.

You want Krüger out of the Top6, that's all good and fine. I want him out of the Top6 too (during the POs), but who get's his Spot?
another rookie with no experience that won't help us?
a guy that can't play hockey and can only fight a bit?
Frolik in the Top6?
Q won't and shouldn't break up the 3rd line.

BTW, 27 points isn't bad for a depth guy that Bruno was
So the argument against brunette sucking and being a bad signing is that he didn't produce because he was getting healthy scratched? And I don't look at things with any reality?

He wasn't playing because he isn't any good. He's not effective around the net anymore. How many times did he **** up open looks at the goal because his hands are terrible now? How many times did he get beat to loose pucks because he's the slowest guy on the ice?

So 2million buys you a boat anchor who can't pk, can't play defense, doesn't hit and is arguably the slowest skater in the league? Damn, i'm in the wrong racket.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marotte Marauder View Post
Sharp was brutal. Contact? In the 2nd period the Hawks had the puck in deep and it got turned over to PHO along the benchside wall. Sharp does a flyby with his stick 3 feet in the air instead of finishing his check and changing. Who knows, finish your check, get a turnover and get fresh guys on the ice? Never know what may happen but Sharp chose to just go with a change. Very unprepared.
Sharp was horrible. Hossa was just as bad and even scarier because he actually looked like he was trying.

Old
04-13-2012, 06:18 PM
Chelios

Quote:
This team isn't good enough to win with goaltending like they got last night? Are you serious? This team finished with over 100 points despite never having goaltending like that all season and missing 20+ games of their best player. This team is plenty deep, its just a matter of playing smarter and not turning the puck over like they did last night.

Old
04-13-2012, 06:21 PM
madgoat33

Truthfully, I'm not even really worried. I highly doubt Hammer plays that poorly again and same for sharp and hossa. Toews looked off so he should also improve. And I doubt we'll be seeing anymore of SOD so theres an improvement straight away. And the PP can't get any worse either, so that's something.

Old
04-13-2012, 06:33 PM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

Anyone else notice the blatant amount of soft/hard interference? I just thought it was a bit ridiculous that during the game many times a play would develop and the intended receiver of the puck was already tied up/held long before the pass was made. Meh. The Hawks will need to start playing like that if we're going to take the reffing seriously.

deytookerjaabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 06:34 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by deytookerjaabs View Post
Anyone else notice the blatant amount of soft/hard interference? I just thought it was a bit ridiculous that during the game many times a play would develop and the intended receiver of the puck was already tied up/held long before the pass was made. Meh. The Hawks will need to start playing like that if we're going to take the reffing seriously.
Yea I made a post about it somewhere. The refs were letting all sorts of holds and hooks and interference go against both teams. Really played into the yotes' hands IMO.

Old
04-13-2012, 06:51 PM
MadhouseOnMadison
Man crush on Amonte

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post

This. Sharp was god awful last night. When his shots weren't dinging the shins of every d-man in front of him they were missing the net completely. If anything he looked too amped up for the game because he couldn't wait to get the puck off his stick and made some horrible forced plays.

MadhouseOnMadison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 07:24 PM
DontToewzMeBro

Stalberg-Toews-Sharp
Hayes-Kane-Hossa
Shaw-Bolland-Bickell
Frolik-Mayers-Kruger

Or

Brunette-Toews-Hossa
Sharp-Kane-Stalberg
Shaw-Bolland-Bickell
Hayes-Mayers-Kruger

DontToewzMeBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 07:40 PM
BobbyJet

Stayed away from here today until I watched the whole game on PVR.

Kruger's STUPID icing in OT was the icing on the cake for me. He had loads of time and players in position, but panic set in and he blasted it down the ice. He is getting way too much ice time and is holding 25 and 10 back, not to mention the PP time he is getting. If Q can't see this, we have a problem. At the very least, we should put Bolland on the 2nd line, though I'd prefer Kane there, same as it was to end the season.

BobbyJet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 08:06 PM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
Stayed away from here today until I watched the whole game on PVR.

Kruger's STUPID icing in OT was the icing on the cake for me. He had loads of time and players in position, but panic set in and he blasted it down the ice. He is getting way too much ice time and is holding 25 and 10 back, not to mention the PP time he is getting. If Q can't see this, we have a problem. At the very least, we should put Bolland on the 2nd line, though I'd prefer Kane there, same as it was to end the season.
Agree.
The Hawks need to spread out the offense, putting all your talent on one line limits your team and makes it so the other team can defend you easier. Put Kane back at #2 C with Hossa and Hayes, who unlike Brunette can skate, hit, defend. Then have Stalberg and Sharp with Toews so they now have someone who can get them the puck, now each line has size, speed, playmaking and scoring ability.

Do the same thing with the PP, seriously a 2nd PP unit of Bruno-Kruger-Shaw is about a dangerous as a new born kitten and doesn't scare anyone, I was surprised Phoenix didn't pull Smith to even it up and try to score when they were out there.

Sir Psycho T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 08:49 PM
Ujjy

At first I was upset by this loss, but then I realized this is playoff hockey. It wouldn't be exciting to watch if your team won every game. That being said I want Toews with Sharp and Kane with Hossa next game. I never got why Q moved Kane to left wing. He's earned that center spot.

Ujjy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 07:06 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
So the argument against brunette sucking and being a bad signing is that he didn't produce because he was getting healthy scratched? And I don't look at things with any reality?

He wasn't playing because he isn't any good. He's not effective around the net anymore. How many times did he **** up open looks at the goal because his hands are terrible now? How many times did he get beat to loose pucks because he's the slowest guy on the ice?

So 2million buys you a boat anchor who can't pk, can't play defense, doesn't hit and is arguably the slowest skater in the league? Damn, i'm in the wrong racket.
being a healthy scratch and playing less has more to do with his 2012 production than playing different to 2011

His hands are still good, he is just not a fit for our style. Bruno plays because he has experience and he knows what he has to do. If he can do it, is something different.

Bruno on our PP is bad. Bruno wouldn't be bad on the Preds or Wings PP. They shot, put a guy infront of the net and deflect shots. Hawks do nothing like this.

I'm really interested in a
Brunette - Kane - Hossa
Keith - Seabrook
PP Unit. Set up guys and guys that can shot the puck to the net. In this case, his slow speed wouldn't matter that much.

and if you look at the OT Goal, you know why a guy like Jayes or Krüger shouldn't be in the Top6 in the POs. They will make rookie mistakes

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote