HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Krecji Crushed by falling pane of glass!

Old
04-13-2012, 11:21 AM
ODAAT

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trenton1 View Post
You don't think it was jarred loose by the celebration?
Could have been, but I`m sure if there`s video showing how fans in other areas along the boards were reacting, it would be much the same, those glasses didn`t fall out.

Totally assuming here, but I would think that the staff in charge of it check these things long before the first player steps onto the ice for warmups???

Spooner time for emergency callup????? Ouch, waaaaaaay ahead of myself there

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 11:21 AM
BamBamCam*

Ummm Guys banging on glass has gone on forever. I am sure the installment was the issue and a horrible accident.

Time for you guys to stop acting like Red Sox fans, this was a fluke.

BamBamCam* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 11:23 AM
microbrien
Pastafarian

Send a message via AIM to microbrien
Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
ten grown men a flip a car over, push some glass out of the boards isn't that hard.
I don't disagree, but those ten men are intentionally trying to flip that car. Can two or three men push out one pane of glass by accident? I guess it depends on how long they were pushing and banging.

Quote:
The checks and swaying from them don't happen for a minute straight throughout the entire wall of glass. If the fans don't bang and rock it for a minute straight it doesn't fall at all--nevermind on someone. It might pop out--but that's it.

The fans did this.

There's also warning when something happens during the game. The goal line cameraman seemingly knew a pane was popping out at the top as he seemed to focus on it for few seconds before it collapsed.
Makes sense, I just don't know how long they were actually doing it. I'd have to watch the video again.

I suppose it's possible, but I think it would take a lot of people rocking the glass for a decent amount of time to make a properly installed piece come out. Seems the simpler explanation is that it was broken prior/accidentally installed wrong.

Either way, I'm more worried about Krejci's health. I'd really hate to see him miss any time.

microbrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 11:24 AM
trenton1
Paille Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turk 16 View Post
I've never sat up close to the glass. Is that the policy, trenton, to toss fans out if they climb/bang on the glass? It should be.

Of course when it happened the game was already over, so the cretins were't worried about getting tossed.
From my experience of sitting there--(one of my buds and his dad have been in row one since the late 70's.) They'll ask people to stop if they are doing it constantly but that's about it.

At the end of the game it certainly would be harder to control...unless they follow the Patriots model of revoking the seats from the STH for any infraction that takes place at those seats.

trenton1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 11:25 AM
Spoked P

i was at the game last night, and those girls who were knocked out the glass were dancing after!!! I definitly saw dance moves.

Needless to say, I was very confused at the time. I didnt see the glass get knocked down but saw the team around him and Krecji on a knee. Then noticed the missing pane.

Spoked P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 11:26 AM
ReggieMoto

Send a message via Yahoo to ReggieMoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by microbrien View Post
I think you're not considering that the glass/frame have to be able to withstand multiple 200+ lbs. men crashing into them repeatedly over the course of a night and season. Don't want them falling on spectators, after all.

Wihtout figuring out the math, I imagine there is more stopping force involved in a body-to body-to glass check than a couple of drunks pushing on it

Seems to me something failed structurally that shouldn't have, or it was installed incorrectly.
Cigar winner here!

Nothing more than an unfortunate accident.

ReggieMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 11:28 AM
TheKraken31

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishPaulie View Post
Poor Krejci. Last year it was a Tampa Bay Noisemaker that bonked his noggin. This year it was a a giant pane of glass randomly attacking his melon. My guess is if we make the playoffs next year an anvil may in fact fall from the space station and concuss him while on his way to the locker room.

Poor guy. If his luck were any worse I'd assume he were Irish.

Seriously that is like some Final Destination stuff right there.

TheKraken31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 11:28 AM
microbrien
Pastafarian

Send a message via AIM to microbrien
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoked P View Post
i was at the game last night, and those girls who were knocked out the glass were dancing after!!! I definitly saw dance moves.

Needless to say, I was very confused at the time. I didnt see the glass get knocked down but saw the team around him and Krecji on a knee. Then noticed the missing pane.
Dancing as DK is on the ice, hurt?

Stay classy, San Diego.

microbrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 11:29 AM
trenton1
Paille Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Could have been, but I`m sure if there`s video showing how fans in other areas along the boards were reacting, it would be much the same, those glasses didn`t fall out.

Totally assuming here, but I would think that the staff in charge of it check these things long before the first player steps onto the ice for warmups???

Spooner time for emergency callup????? Ouch, waaaaaaay ahead of myself there
That's always a possibility, but with the team and goal right in front of them I would bet that the celebration and striking of the glass was far more intense right there.

Simple fact of the matter is that the fans pushed the glass in.

It didn't fall on its own. Even if it was supposedly "loose" it wasn't going to fall on it's own. It was out at the top for several seconds before it fell. It fell because the whole wall was still being pushed on.

It would never have struck Krejci or anyone if it wasn't being swayed for a prolonged period.

trenton1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
ryedog*
Triple Gold Club

Day to day according to Chiarelli.

ryedog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jedgi

As a Caps fan I genuinely hope Krejci is completely unscathed. Injuries suck. Hope for another good game tomorrow, (ideally with Krejci playing and fine, but not scoring goals ) just with a different outcome!

Jedgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 11:30 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryedog View Post
Day to day according to Chiarelli.
wonderful

Old
04-13-2012, 11:30 AM
Cronuss

Hey guys, remember that Krejci also got his lip split open from a high stick. Perhaps this is just a maintenance day.

edit: ****.

Cronuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 11:31 AM
vippe

Send a message via MSN to vippe
Hopefully nothing is wrong, that could have ended really bad.

vippe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 11:31 AM
ryedog*
Triple Gold Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
wonderful
I know, worse luck ever!

ryedog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 11:32 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronuss View Post
Hey guys, remember that Krejci also got his lip split open from a high stick. Perhaps this is just a maintenance day.
I appreciate the optimism, but DK is tougher than that, we all saw what happened, and I`m not trying to be a downer, it`s a fact, the guy had a pane of glass land on his head, this has nothing to do with a split lip with all due respect.

This would suck

Old
Fire Sweeney

Quote:
Originally Posted by microbrien View Post
I think you're not considering that the glass/frame have to be able to withstand multiple 200+ lbs. men crashing into them repeatedly over the course of a night and season. Don't want them falling on spectators, after all.

Wihtout figuring out the math, I imagine there is more stopping force involved in a body-to body-to glass check than a couple of drunks pushing on it

Seems to me something failed structurally that shouldn't have, or it was installed incorrectly.
Withstand one hit, yes, but not multiple, non-stop hits. The vibration will move the glass around until something breaks.

Fire Sweeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Alicat
City of Champions!

Screw off to the "fans" who knocked out the pane of glass.

I am Boston Strong

Alicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
duckchobbins

Quote:
From my experience of sitting there--(one of my buds and his dad have been in row one since the late 70's.) They'll ask people to stop if they are doing it constantly but that's about it.

At the end of the game it certainly would be harder to control...unless they follow the Patriots model of revoking the seats from the STH for any infraction that takes place at those seats.
I've never had seats on the glass, but I've been a few rows back a couple times and I've seen many ushers ask people to stop when it's excessive. As you said though it's just about impossible to stop people from doing it at the end of a game. It's like putting a red button in every seat and telling fans not to push it for the entire game.

It's a horrible accident, and can't be blamed on anyone. Everyone bangs the glass, it's annoying at times, but it's basically part of hockey just as much as seat leaners.

duckchobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 11:33 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryedog View Post
I know, worse luck ever!
Would have loved to have heard a "he`s been given a maintenance day with a bit of a stiff neck" kinda thing.

Don`t like this at all

Old
Turk 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamBamCam View Post
Ummm Guys banging on glass has gone on forever. I am sure the installment was the issue and a horrible accident.

Time for you guys to stop acting like Red Sox fans, this was a fluke.
Yeah, and they've been idiots forever.

Turk 16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
I've never had seats on the glass, but I've been a few rows back a couple times and I've seen many ushers ask people to stop when it's excessive. As you said though it's just about impossible to stop people from doing it at the end of a game. It's like putting a red button in every seat and telling fans not to push it for the entire game.

It's a horrible accident, and can't be blamed on anyone. Everyone bangs the glass, it's annoying at times, but it's basically part of hockey just as much as seat leaners.
Much less after an OT goal

Old
04-13-2012, 11:35 AM
Bridges31

I really don't understand why fans are being blamed when 90% of you would be banging on the glass too if you were in that situation.

Bridges31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 11:37 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridges31 View Post
I really don't understand why fans are being blamed when 90% of you would be banging on the glass too if you were in that situation.
I`ll tell ya what I`d be doing if I was sitting/standing there, and it wouldn`t be politely clapping my hands with a clear mind telling me not to bang on the glass that`s for sure.

I never understood those who bang on the glass during a play etc...and I haven`t done that in the very few times I`ve been at ice level, but I`d be doing the same as those last nights, if that makes me an idiot, well, I`ve been referred to as much worse.

An absolute freak accident, but one that maybe, could have been avoided??

Old
04-13-2012, 11:38 AM
ssault
SW BROONS

Quote:
NaokoFunayama: Krejci says his neck is still sore from glass pane falling on him unexpectedly after game. Expects to play tomorrow. #bruins
No panic, yet.

ssault is offline   Reply With Quote