HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

The Anthem in the Playoffs...

Old
04-08-2012, 10:04 PM
I Love Lamp

vCash: 500
The Anthem in the Playoffs...

Alright, so I'm sure most of you are familiar with the Blackhawks' anthem tradition, and I've noticed whenever they're in town, they try to do it during the anthem. Not that it's disrespectful or anything, but this is OUR house.

That being said, in the past during the playoffs the crowd has been a *little* louder in singing the anthem, but this year, can we start a tradition of belting out the anthem? I know Canada does it, and it's pretty Canadian, but I think it would work well in Phoenix.

It did work well earlier this season when a mic malfunction forced the issue:
http://ducks.ocregister.com/2012/03/...anthem/109114/

Anyone have any other suggestions on anthem traditions to get started? Hopefully there would be enough traction with the people on here that we could get the whole arena to do it.

Thoughts?

I Love Lamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 10:09 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Ryantology

I like Patrick Lauder too much, I'm actually a little annoyed whenever they bring in a guest anthem person/group.

SniperHF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 10:14 PM
Colt45Blast
It Works Everytime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperHF View Post
I like Patrick Lauder too much, I'm actually a little annoyed whenever they bring in a guest anthem person/group.
I don't mind it on occasion. If anything, we can use more famous great singers to do it. Jordan Sparks I wouldn't mind for one.

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 10:19 PM
I Love Lamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperHF View Post
I wouldn't be opposed to Patrick singing... I love the guy. But we would all just join in.

Though, what was really cool was when the Coyotes played Dinamo Riga, they just had a conductor in the center of the ice. When he raised his... conducting stick? everyone started. The whole crowd sang the (Latvian) anthem. It was *really* cool

Old
04-08-2012, 10:59 PM
yotesfordays

I would love it. I think it brings the crowd together ( go 'merica!) and there's no doubt it pumps the players up. It would make for a cool atmosphere and I don't think it's disrespectful at all! We should be proud and belt it out!

yotesfordays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 11:23 PM
AZcoyotes
So... Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotesfordays View Post
I would love it. I think it brings the crowd together ( go 'merica!) and there's no doubt it pumps the players up. It would make for a cool atmosphere and I don't think it's disrespectful at all! We should be proud and belt it out!
Singing it is cool. But making random noises, and screaming and cheering like a bunch of ****** bags through the whole thing is disrespect to the max.

AZcoyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 11:30 PM
yotesfordays

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhXcoyotes View Post
Singing it is cool. But making random noises, and screaming and cheering like a bunch of ****** bags through the whole thing is disrespect to the max.
right, which is why I never said anything about making random noises. I hate that too...anywho, here's to a rockin (after the anthem ) atmosphere and a game 1 win on thursday!

yotesfordays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 11:44 PM
AZcoyotes
So... Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotesfordays View Post
right, which is why I never said anything about making random noises. I hate that too...anywho, here's to a rockin (after the anthem ) atmosphere and a game 1 win on thursday!

AZcoyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 06:34 AM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

Let's sing.

Patrick is on FB and Twitter. It would be very easy to let him know that we are planning to do this. He doesn't like the Chicago custom, so I'm sure he wouldn't mind our efforts to squash that like a little, weak insect.

TickleMeYandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 11:09 AM
Killion
Global Moderator

Id be cranking out Florence & The Machines "The Dog Days are Over" when the team hits the ice prior to the puck drop starting on Tuesday & every game thereafter, lasers burning out the oppositions retinas'. As for the anthem singer, just stick with whatcha got or hire some local cutie / sex bomb (see Detroit for eg) to do it permanently. Gotta keep that consistent.

Killion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 11:12 AM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killion View Post
Id be cranking out Florence & The Machines "The Dog Days are Over" when the team hits the ice prior to the puck drop starting on Tuesday & every game thereafter. As for the anthem singer, just stick with whatcha got or hire some local cutie / sex bomb (see Detroit for eg) to do it permanently. Gotta keep that consistent.
I vote against that song being played. As a player, I would not want that to be playing in the background while I have my adrenalin rushing from stepping onto the ice in front of a white out.

awfulwaffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 11:21 AM
Killion
Global Moderator

... disagree. getcha goin. besides. the jets copyrighted "white out" and Im not sure its permitted elsewhere huh? how arrogant is that?. Id call that awful waffle.... and cant use that either. Leaf fans tossing frozen eggos all over the ice, at their own players even at the ACC. No, youll just have to do better than white outs, food fights & suchnot.

Killion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 11:38 AM
Scottrocks58*
Six

Quote:
... disagree. getcha goin. besides. the jets copyrighted "white out" and Im not sure its permitted elsewhere huh? how arrogant is that?. Id call that awful waffle.... and cant use that either. Leaf fans tossing frozen eggos all over the ice, at their own players even at the ACC. No, youll just have to do better than white outs, food fights & suchnot.
In Canada? They can't in the US because for the last 2 seasons it has been used by the Coyotes and you can't unring the bell. I can't TM or copyright "Kilion" because you have a history of using the name. Same thing.

In fact, WHITEOUT 2012 is the banner of all the Coyotes' promotional emails now.

Last edited by Scottrocks58*: 04-09-2012 at 11:40 AM. Reason: clarification
Scottrocks58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 11:42 AM
Kaizen

Quote:
Which jets are you referring to - the Classic version residing in the desert or 2.0 currently holding the fort in Winnipeg?

Kaizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 11:45 AM
PhoPhan

Already been discussed in another thread, but it looks like the Jets own the trademark in Canada and the Coyotes own it in the USA. Things could get weird if they ever met in the playoffs.

Last edited by PhoPhan: 04-09-2012 at 11:48 AM. Reason: trademark/copyright semantics
PhoPhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 12:21 PM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

Patrick is cool with everyone singing, he's tweeted to that effect...so let's sing loud and proud!

TickleMeYandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 12:47 PM
Rink Rage

I always sing a long so I would have no problem.

Rink Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 05:14 PM
CoyotesRock

Pat has said on facebook in the past that he wants Coyotes fans to sing loud with him at every game. We'll just have to be extra loud to drown out the Blackhawks fans who will be whistling and screeching like idiots in our house.

CoyotesRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 10:03 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Ryantology

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan View Post
Things could get weird if they ever met in the playoffs.
Doubt it.

SniperHF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 01:58 PM
I Love Lamp

Bump with the hopes of a loud, singing crowd tonight. From the twitter of Patrick:

Patrick Lauder ‏ @phxpatrick Reply Retweet Favorite Open
@AMSTS I hope #Coyotes fans join-in on the anthem, loud and proud! #bestfans

Old
04-12-2012, 02:09 PM
cimindri

I always sing along. Loudly and reportedly off-key. Sorry to those of you who sit in my section (Scottrocks).
Hopefully if everyone sings loudly they'll drown me out

cimindri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 06:37 PM
zz
HFBoards Sponsor

I still don't know what comes after "Oh say can you see".

zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 01:27 AM
Winnipeg Jet
Phoenix Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan View Post
Already been discussed in another thread, but it looks like the Jets own the trademark in Canada and the Coyotes own it in the USA. Things could get weird if they ever met in the playoffs.
Weird . . . or amazing. My hope is that next year Phoenix wins its second Pacific Division title, Winnipeg wins its second Southeast Division title, and that they meet in the Stanley Cup final!

Winnipeg Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 11:19 AM
Naurutger
#FreeMax

vCash: 1329
The anthem was great, people were singing along, a few Blackhawks fans tried to be loud but because people didnt know their tradition they were hushed up by people around them.

Naurutger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 11:23 AM
doaner

That was amazing. Seeing all our patriotic fans belting it out. Just awesome! My voice and hands are still raw!

doaner is offline   Reply With Quote