HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jets - Free Agents, Trades, Rumors, Speculation - Off Season 2012-13 (Part VII)

Closed Thread

Old
04-14-2012, 10:12 AM
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*

vCash: 50
Is Miettinen hard to pronounce for english speakers? Surprises me.

Old
04-14-2012, 10:14 AM
Ziggy66

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanJetsFan View Post
Nah it's just fun to call him mittens as a nickname

Old
04-14-2012, 10:31 AM
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*

Ah okay

Old
04-14-2012, 10:45 AM
Wpgpage

vCash: 500
I just don't don't see the point with Antti, hes one of the oldest players, he was below average. I guess it wouldn't kill the Jets to bring him back but why not see if Cormier or Mach9 can take those minutes, at least those guys have upside.

Old
04-14-2012, 12:31 PM
sully1410

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanJetsFan View Post
Out here in BC, they never play the jets games, so I've honestly never heard it pronounced.

Old
04-14-2012, 12:34 PM
Jet
Drop the danged puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpgpage View Post
Glass is more important than you think, hes more important than Thor thats for sure. Mittens should be bought out it saves the team money and he was a very bad hockey player, they need to upgrade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy66 View Post
Meh mittens wasn't too bad near the end of the year. More useful and productive then fehr. I think we will ride him out for next year.
We are on the hook for Mittens = we will keep him. TN is not going to throw money out the door. If we get the Miettenen that played post waivers I'd be happy. I thought he was pretty effective as a shut down type guy who can score the odd goal. I also think that Fehr will be offered a 1 year contract below qualifying and we will see him back next year.

Who knows, a lot can change in the off season but both those players looked as if they were heading in the right direction and I think the expectations on Fehr were pretty low last year.

04-14-2012, 01:26 PM
Gil Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpgpage View Post
Glass is more important than you think, hes more important than Thor thats for sure. Mittens should be bought out it saves the team money and he was a very bad hockey player, they need to upgrade.
It's not going to save the team money as the player who replaces him on the roster will earn more than 1/3 of Mitten's salary (and likely be a worse player next year).

Old
04-14-2012, 01:47 PM
Gil Fisher

Would anybody trade Bogo to Edmonton to move from #9 to #1 in the draft?

I'm not sure I would, but it looks tempting. I think our back end would be hurting in 2013 without Bogo, Enstrom and Hainsey. Edmonton adding Bogo and Reinhart to their core would likely be more useful than adding another skill forward.

Thoughts?

Old
04-14-2012, 01:51 PM
dkehler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
Out here in BC, they never play the jets games, so I've honestly never heard it pronounced.
me ET in en

Old
04-14-2012, 01:59 PM
Romang67
BitterSwede

vCash: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil Fisher View Post

I'm not sure I would, but it looks tempting. I think our back end would be hurting in 2013 without Bogo, Enstrom and Hainsey. Edmonton adding Bogo and Reinhart to their core would likely be more useful than adding another skill forward.

Thoughts?
I wouldn't. I assume you mean we trade our pick and Zach for their pick?

Old
04-14-2012, 02:07 PM
Gil Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romang67 View Post
I wouldn't. I assume you mean we trade our pick and Zach for their pick?
yes. I wouldn't either, but I think it's close in value.

Old
04-14-2012, 02:18 PM
Huffer

Quote:

Thoughts?
Not a chance. And IMO it's terrible value. The cost to move from 9 to 1 should not be Bogosian.

Bogosian and (Faksa, Reinhart, Trouba, Reilly, etc) >>> Yakupov.

Old
04-14-2012, 02:28 PM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 942
Quote:

Thoughts?
I mean this in the most respectful way possible:
That is a terrible terrible proposal.

I think EDM would likely take that deal pretty quickly though.

Old
04-14-2012, 02:43 PM
cgf

Quote:

Thoughts?
Maybe last year, when Bogo wasn't coming off the season he just had and the #1 pick was the playmaking center that would put your forwards over the top. I like Yakubov a lot, but not enough to give up a young dman like Bogo coming off the season he is and a top ten pick.

Old
04-14-2012, 02:51 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgsilver View Post
I mean this in the most respectful way possible:
That is a terrible terrible proposal.

I think EDM would likely take that deal pretty quickly though.
Of course edmonton would

I think he was asking if anyone from Winnipeg would want too

I say no

Old
04-14-2012, 03:09 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Alien Hockey Wizard

vCash: 200
Quote:

Thoughts?
No. I'd send 'em Jones and a 2nd though.

What? They wouldn't balk, would they?

Old
04-14-2012, 08:05 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
No. I'd send 'em Jones and a 2nd though.

What? They wouldn't balk, would they?
How bout Jones, Fehr, Thorburn, Flood and Third Round

Old
04-14-2012, 08:10 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 5949
Quote:

Thoughts?
That's not even close. Bogo's looking like a franchise defenseman. I'm content with the Jets drafting a defenseman at 9th to replace Hainsey or Enstrom (at least one of them is likely to leave), so I'm not pulling for the Jets to trade up in the draft. If they did trade up, I'd hope they'd go for Grigorenko and that the price, on top of their 9th overall pick, would be a lot less than Bogosian. Otherwise it's simply not worth it.

Old
04-14-2012, 08:16 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

re:
GST line: Slater is the only one I would be against trying to replace... I like Glass but there are better players out there that can do the same job as Glass and Thor and produce a little more offensively and shutdown better... I know that line fights tough minutes and has hard QoC but you can compare them to players in similar situations who have out produced them...
Buying out Mittens: no harm in trying him.. isn't a huge investment to scratch or waiver him if problems continue...
Hainsey/Antro: they aren't bad... just some debate regarding reward vs contract... but no contract lasts forever...
Resigning Fehr: they probably will give him a shot since there is the chance that he can still recover from the injury... I hope they try to undersign him below qualifying

Last edited by garret9: 04-14-2012 at 08:21 PM. Reason: forgot Fehr
Old
04-14-2012, 09:03 PM
Romang67
BitterSwede

vCash: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
How bout Jones, Fehr, Thorburn, Flood and Third Round
And deplete our team of depth?

Old
04-15-2012, 04:51 AM
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*

After the last couple of weeks I fell a little in love with Brian Byole... Boy I would love to have him on the lineup o.O

Old
04-15-2012, 07:58 AM
Gil Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by vBurmi View Post
That's not even close. Bogo's looking like a franchise defenseman. I'm content with the Jets drafting a defenseman at 9th to replace Hainsey or Enstrom (at least one of them is likely to leave), so I'm not pulling for the Jets to trade up in the draft. If they did trade up, I'd hope they'd go for Grigorenko and that the price, on top of their 9th overall pick, would be a lot less than Bogosian. Otherwise it's simply not worth it.
I think it's closer than that. We see Bogo as looking like a franchise defenceman, but does Edmonton? I'm not so sure. He was good defensively and showed better skill as a playmaker but I think he has a ways to go before the Franchise label should come out. Nail has a lot more hype than Bogo does around the league. If we're going to throw the "franchise" label at Bogo, then let's throw the "generational talent" label at Yakubov.

Old
04-15-2012, 09:00 AM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 1235
Quote:
I think it's closer than that. We see Bogo as looking like a franchise defenceman, but does Edmonton? I'm not so sure. He was good defensively and showed better skill as a playmaker but I think he has a ways to go before the Franchise label should come out. Nail has a lot more hype than Bogo does around the league. If we're going to throw the "franchise" label at Bogo, then let's throw the "generational talent" label at Yakubov.
# 1 picks always get a lot of hype. In no way does that make you a generational talent. Bogo is a lot closer to being a franchise defenseman that Yakubov is to being a generational talent. If the Oilers got Bogo and another top end defensive talent in the draft (that developed to his full potential), they would be scary good one day.

Just because Bogo doesn't have as much hype on the boards, doesn't mean GM's don't covet him. He has every part of the skill set necesary to be a true # 1 D.

Old
04-15-2012, 09:19 AM
Gil Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBogo View Post
# 1 picks always get a lot of hype. In no way does that make you a generational talent. Bogo is a lot closer to being a franchise defenseman that Yakubov is to being a generational talent. If the Oilers got Bogo and another top end defensive talent in the draft (that developed to his full potential), they would be scary good one day.

Just because Bogo doesn't have as much hype on the boards, doesn't mean GM's don't covet him. He has every part of the skill set necesary to be a true # 1 D.
Well I don't want to be drawn into arguing that we should trade away my favourite player, so I'll just leave it here. It's an interesting value discussion, but trading away Bogo would leave us with only one top four defenseman under long term team control (and no ability to add in the draft).

Old
04-15-2012, 09:23 AM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 1235
Quote:
Well I don't want to be drawn into arguing that we should trade away my favourite player, so I'll just leave it here. It's an interesting value discussion, but trading away Bogo would leave us with only one top four defenseman under long term team control (and no ability to add in the draft).
Overall though I like the idea of trading up in the draft...I just don't think we have or are willing to give up what would be needed to get the job done.

Closed Thread