HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jets - Free Agents, Trades, Rumors, Speculation - Off Season 2012-13 (Part VII)

Closed Thread

Old
04-15-2012, 09:46 AM
Gil Fisher

vCash: 500
I think it will be tough to improve the team this year, aside from the natural progression of our young players. I hope the fan base has the stomach for a slow build. There's a glaring hole at 2nd line RW, and I'm not sure there's a player outside of Semin that's available to fill it (won't go there right now). I wouldn't sign Wellwood for more than one year $1.5m so I'm not sure he'll be back. While productive, he doesn't fit the mold of big and fast that we need at wing, given our small centres.

Little-Ladd-Wheeler
Kane-Burmi-Mittens
Glass-Slater-Thorburn
Antropov-Cormier-Mahachek

Enstrom-Buff
Clitty-Bogosian
Stuart-Postma

Pav
Mason

Obviously some less than inspiring slotting there, but I don't think they'll give up prospects to fill holes in trades and there isn't a lot on the FA market (which usually means prices will be too high).

I think Hainsey will be dealt before the draft for a pick. Maybe it's to move up a few spots, may just straight up for a pick. He should be worth more than Oduya was, but I'm not confident we'll find the buyer. Edmonton would be a good home for him. I wonder if they'd offer up thier second rounder? I think Enstrom should be extended, but wouldn't be surprised if it was Enstrom traded either.

Old
04-15-2012, 09:50 AM
razorsedge
West Town Sports

Another plus to Bogo is that he genuinely likes playing in Winnipeg. Yakupov comes across to me as a player that wants the limelight (and money) that a larger market could offer. Good luck to the Oilers trying to control that kids ego.

Old
04-15-2012, 09:55 AM
tbcwpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
re:
GST line: Slater is the only one I would be against trying to replace... I like Glass but there are better players out there that can do the same job as Glass and Thor and produce a little more offensively and shutdown better... I know that line fights tough minutes and has hard QoC but you can compare them to players in similar situations who have out produced them...
Buying out Mittens: no harm in trying him.. isn't a huge investment to scratch or waiver him if problems continue...
Hainsey/Antro: they aren't bad... just some debate regarding reward vs contract... but no contract lasts forever...
Resigning Fehr: they probably will give him a shot since there is the chance that he can still recover from the injury... I hope they try to undersign him below qualifying
For the GST line, sometimes with a line like that, the chemistry of the line is worth more than 4 or 5 extra points. Slater was great for goals last year, but when those three play together, they are all at their best. They are really more of a 4th line than a 3rd, so as a 4th line, chipping in when they can, higher point totals are a bonus.

Miettinen looked fine on the PK last year, and while he shouldn't have gotten so much PP time, he looked to be turning it around a bit at the end of the season. He's worth keeping around for next season.

Antropov is good, Hainsey is good, they're just overpaid for what they actually do. If I had to keep one it would be Antropov, when he's playing well he'll use his size to his advantage.

Let Fehr go to UFA, if he wants to resign he'll have to take less. He's had injury troubles over the past couple of seasons, and when he was here he didn't look great. I think Machacek played him out of a spot.

Old
04-15-2012, 10:52 AM
Elvs

vCash: 708
If Slater and the Jets can't come to terms, what do you think it would take to acquire his rights prior to the draft? Would love to see him on the Ducks. Also, what kind of deal do you want the Jets to sign him on, and how much do you think he could get out in the open? Thanks in advance.

Old
04-15-2012, 10:55 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvstrand View Post
If Slater and the Jets can't come to terms, what do you think it would take to acquire his rights prior to the draft? Would love to see him on the Ducks. Also, what kind of deal do you want the Jets to sign him on, and how much do you think he could get out in the open? Thanks in advance.
inb4 selannes rights

Old
04-15-2012, 10:59 AM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brogosian View Post
inb4 selannes rights
straight trade: slater for selane :p

Old
04-15-2012, 11:08 AM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil Fisher View Post
I think it will be tough to improve the team this year, aside from the natural progression of our young players. I hope the fan base has the stomach for a slow build. There's a glaring hole at 2nd line RW, and I'm not sure there's a player outside of Semin that's available to fill it (won't go there right now). I wouldn't sign Wellwood for more than one year $1.5m so I'm not sure he'll be back. While productive, he doesn't fit the mold of big and fast that we need at wing, given our small centres.

Little-Ladd-Wheeler
Kane-Burmi-Mittens
Glass-Slater-Thorburn
Antropov-Cormier-Mahachek

Enstrom-Buff
Clitty-Bogosian
Stuart-Postma

Pav
Mason

Obviously some less than inspiring slotting there, but I don't think they'll give up prospects to fill holes in trades and there isn't a lot on the FA market (which usually means prices will be too high).

I think Hainsey will be dealt before the draft for a pick. Maybe it's to move up a few spots, may just straight up for a pick. He should be worth more than Oduya was, but I'm not confident we'll find the buyer. Edmonton would be a good home for him. I wonder if they'd offer up thier second rounder? I think Enstrom should be extended, but wouldn't be surprised if it was Enstrom traded either.

Dunno... I can see this being the case but Chevy seemed so happy for the pt/$ for wellwood I'm sure he'll try to give him another year or two... just depends on price
but ya that looks about right what we can expect... there are some 3rd/4th liners on the UFA list though so some of those swaps may occur

Old
04-15-2012, 11:39 AM
km204

This is what I would look to do this offseason if I was Chevy. I think it's fairly realistic although I don't think they will trade Enstrom.

Re-Sign:
Tanner Glass
Jim Slater
Chris Mason

Draft
1. Matt Dumba D Red Deer
2. Phillip Di Giuseppe LW U of Michigan

Trade
Tobias Enstrom for Paul Stastny

Free Agency
David Jones
Barrett Jackman

Projected Lineup
Kane Stastny Jones
Ladd Little Wheeler
Antropov Burmistrov Miettinen
Glass Slater Thorburn
Machacek

Jackman Byfuglien
Hainsey Bogosian
Stuart Postma
Clitsome

What are your thoughts?

Old
04-15-2012, 11:45 AM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Alien Hockey Wizard

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by km204 View Post
This is what I would look to do this offseason if I was Chevy. I think it's fairly realistic although I don't think they will trade Enstrom.

(...)

What are your thoughts?
I could get behind that - I'd want a + for the Enstrom - Stastny trade, and I think Clitsome / Postma would fight for 6th spot. Lines 1 and 2 would be more of a 1a / 1b, but Noel doesn't number his lines anyway. That would create two dangerous lines, making it difficult to key on one. 3rd line becomes a workable checking line that can contribute on the scoreboard, and hopefully takes some of the pressure off the GST line to play shutdown.

No sold on Dumba - really like Faksa if he's available, or one of the other D that may drop to the 9th spot.

Overall, a workable plan.

Old
04-15-2012, 12:01 PM
sully1410

I really like the sounds of griffin Reinhart. But I have to be honest, I don't know anything about the guy except his name.

But with a name THAT kick ass...how can you suck?

Old
04-15-2012, 05:43 PM
trebendan

Would Edmonton accept the Jets' #9 overall pick and Enstrom for the #1 overall? Would Winnipeg do this?

Old
04-15-2012, 06:41 PM
mondo3

Wpg does this...Edmonton asks for additional 2nd round pick

Old
04-15-2012, 07:00 PM
sully1410

Even with a second thrown in there, I doubt Edmonton would walk away from Yakupov like that.

Old
04-15-2012, 07:19 PM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by trebendan View Post
Would Edmonton accept the Jets' #9 overall pick and Enstrom for the #1 overall? Would Winnipeg do this?
Jets would do it, don't think the Oilers would. If it only took a 2nd to add on to pull it off the Jets would still jump all over it. My guess is the Oilers would demand more.

Old
04-15-2012, 07:54 PM
Conflicted Habs fan

vCash: 50
Selanne Sheifele and someone else in the off season that begins with "S". MTS chant will be SSS!

Old
04-15-2012, 08:17 PM
JetsFan815

Trade Ron Hainsey for Wayne Simmonds. That guy is a great fit with this organization considering what they are trying to do.

Old
04-15-2012, 08:27 PM
km204

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsFan815 View Post
Trade Ron Hainsey for Wayne Simmonds. That guy is a great fit with this organization considering what they are trying to do.
Why would Philly make that trade?

Old
04-15-2012, 08:30 PM
JetsFan815

Quote:
Originally Posted by km204 View Post
Why would Philly make that trade?
It's a good trade for Philly, they already have a surplus on offense with JVR coming back and they could definitely use a top 4 defenseman for some depth.

Old
04-15-2012, 08:55 PM
Aerial

Quote:
It's a good trade for Philly, they already have a surplus on offense with JVR coming back and they could definitely use a top 4 defenseman for some depth.
I can be fairly certain in saying that Philly would not be interested in that trade whatsoever.

Old
04-15-2012, 09:01 PM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
Quote:
Lol dude there is no way Philly would do that

Old
04-15-2012, 09:20 PM
Huffer

vCash: 1125
Quote:
Originally Posted by trebendan View Post
If we are dealing our 1st, I would offer it to the Oilers for their 1st next year.

Doubt they are better than 9th or 10th, and there's a chance they could be back in the lottery in a better draft.

They can grab Yakupov and one of Dumba,Trouba, or Reinhart.

Old
04-15-2012, 09:22 PM
Huffer

Quote:
LOL! Simmons is on a sweetheart deal for next season. 1.75 for a guy who just put up 28 goals and plays physical.

On top of that, he's 23 and won't be a UFA for 3 more seasons.

And the Flyers trade him away for a D man who's overpaid at 4.5 and a UFA after the season to boot?

That is such a terrible deal for them that it's painful to have to explain it.

Old
04-15-2012, 09:27 PM
Huffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBogo View Post
Jets would do it, don't think the Oilers would. If it only took a 2nd to add on to pull it off the Jets would still jump all over it. My guess is the Oilers would demand more.
I don't see how it's such a slam dunk, even before the 2nd is added.

If Enstrom gets dealt, the Jets are most likely getting back a top 6 forward.

So the deal is a top 6 forward + a potential top6 forward / top pair D man (pick at 9) + a potential depth player (pick at 39) for Yakupov?

I would like a player like Yakupov too, but we don't even know the quality of player we can get at 9, nor do we know what a POTENTIAL return of Enstrom could be.

Old
04-15-2012, 09:28 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

What happened to JVR anyways? Is he still concussed?

I wonder what it would take to pry him away from Philly.

Old
04-15-2012, 11:44 PM
pcanuck

to Winnipeg: R. Nash (30,29,59)

to Columbus: 1st round pick 2012
A. Burmistrov

thoughts? (both teams win on this one I think - we get to the playoffs with a consistent center and they can rebuild with 2 solid pieces)

Closed Thread