I don't think stats is a good comparison. Smith-Pelly is a physical, rugged forward with a goalscoring touch but it's not on Lucic's level. Lucic has a mean streak that DSP can't compare to, he's got better offensive awareness and his offensive tools are a bit better. Lucic is that 35-30 guy, DSP is more like a 25-20 guy IMO.
And I don't think it's bold for Holland. I just don't see much offensive potential for him.
Fair enough. 25-20 is great for a second round pick anyway.
We'll see how Holland does when he gets an extended call-up. He's better than Bonino anyway.
Pelech (probably a slip of the fingers on your part)
Timothe Bozon(don't have the accent to put over the e)
Good looking mock. I especially like Pelech being included high as he's a great shutdown defenseman playing on a terrible Erie team. He'll go higher than most scouting services have him ranked.
Dane Fox inside of the top 60 might be a reach given some of his personal issues but I hope he goes inside the top two rounds as his talent and versatility warrants it.
I also think Jankowski will be taken inside the top two rounds.
Good mock though POG.
Last edited by dean youngblood82: 04-13-2012 at 09:09 PM.
DSP is going to be a great player I just don't think he's Lucic.
And yes we will have to see how Holland will do when he's got a full time audition.
Only difference really is the mean streak...and linemates. For a guy with such a physical game he plays a surprisingly composed style of game, he really seems to hit people just because it's a part of the game that he excels at. never seen him angry. Chill guy.
I have a feeling Trouba will be drafted before Dumba, especially if Anaheim chooses to take a defenseman.
Also, doesn't Carolina usually take forwards in the 1st round? I have a feeling they're going to take Teravainen. He's rocketing up the rankings the same way Skinner (who they took in '10) and Scheifele (who they wanted to take in '11) did.
That's subjective. It's like when people said Couturier was BPA for the Islanders last year, and when they didn't take him he was BPA for Ottawa, than he was BPA for Winnipeg, than he was taken. Teams have different opinions, and Faksa is very highly though of. So is Trouba, but I sincerely doubt Trouba is more than a hair above Faksa on many lists.
Rakell is still a project, and I don't think he has that much upside anyway. A second line winger, that still isn't what Faksa does. Even this year he isn't as good as Faksa in any area and he's a year older. Holland is having a great year but he's not as good as Faksa. Holland doesn't standout when you watch him, I'm questioning if he ever makes the NHL at all.
Maroon's got size going for him, but I wouldn't project him as a top 6 player at all going forward. So that's irrelevant to Faksa.
Etem had a truly amazing year, however it's yet to be seen if he can duplicate the results on a bigger stage. Knock on Etem has always been his hockey sense, his hockey IQ. I'd also project him as a winger at the NHL level.
Smith-Pelley is good but he isn't Lucic. The other prospects you mentioned really are long shots so they aren't worth mentioning untill they do something in the NHL.
In all, Anaheim doesn't have any bluechip forward prospects. They have some good ones, but none of them are as good as Faksa, and there is no center prospect in the Ducks organization who are as good defensively as Faksa or as good offensively as Faksa.
They wouldn't make a bad move drafting defense this year, however blue-chip secondary scoring and two-way players are just as much a neccesity as getting a big gritty defensemen in my opinon. And the former is very difficult to acquire in later rounds and in FA.
Because I think he will. I also think it's a big mistake. If I did a top 45 rankings I wouldn't have him there.
IDK why DSP, Etem and Palmieri cannot be considered blue chippers, if you consider Faksa one....I'd much rather have DSP....
Fully aware this will likely be moved. Just want it to get a little more attention before it moves to a forum no one looks at. I think the orders right, might be a team or two off though.
I threw a few (Not many) strange off the board picks in for two reasons. One, they happen in real life, two, I got bored and wanted to put in guys most people have never heard of.
1. Nail Yakupov RW Sarnia OHL RUS
2. Alex Galchenyuk C Sarnia OHL USA/RUS
3. Ryan Murray D Everret WHL CAN
4. Mikhail Grigerenko C Quebec QMJHL RUS
5. Matthew Dumba D Red Deer WHL CAN
6. Filip Forsberg LW Leksand AVK SWE
7. Griffin Reinhart D Edmonton WHL CAN
8. Jacob Trouba D USA-U18 USA
9. Radek Faksa C Kitchener CZE
10. Teuvo Teravainen LW Jokerit SM-Liiga
Forgot Hertl, I'd slot him probably around Buffalo's second pick.
1. Edmonton Oilers select Nail Yakupov RW OHL RUS
2. Columbus Blue Jackets select Filip Forsberg LW SWE-1 SWE
3. Montreal Canadiens select Mikhail Grigerenko C QMJHL RUS
4. New York Islanders select Ryan Murray D WHL CAN
5. Toronto Maple Leafs select Alex Galchenyuk C OHL USA/RUS
6. Anaheim Ducks select Radek Faksa C OHL CZE
7. Minnesota Wild select Matthew Dumba D WHL CAN
8. Carolina Hurricanes select Griffin Reinhart D WHL CAN
9. Winnipeg Jets select Brandon Gaunce C OHL CAN
10. Tampa Bay Lightning select Morgan Reilly D WHL CAN
11. Washington Capitals (via COL) select Teuvo Terravainen LW SM-Liigga FIN
12. Buffalo Sabres select Sebastian Collberg RW SEL SWE
13. Dallas Stars select Jacob Trouba D USNTDP USA
14. Calgary Flames select Cody Ceci D OHL CAN
15. Ottawa Senators select Matt Finn D OHL CAN
16. Washington Capitals select Zemgus Girgensons C USHL LAT
17. Columbus Blue Jackets (via LAK) select Derrik Poulliot D WHL CAN
18. San Jose Sharks select Hampus Lindholm D SEL SWE
19. Chicago Blackhawks select Pontus Aberg F SEL SWE
20. New Jersey Devils select Malcom Subban G OHL CAN
21. Tampa Bay Lightning (via DET) select Andrey Vasilevski G MHL RUS
22. Philadelphia Flyers select Olli Maatta D OHL FIN
23. Buffalo Sabres (via NSH) select Colton Sissons RW WHL CAN
24. Pittsburgh Penguins select Tim Wilson RW OHL CAN
25. Florida Panthers select Slater Koekoek D OHL CAN
26. Phoenix Coyotes select Martin Frk RW QMJHL SVK
27. Boston Bruins select Lukas Sutter C WHL CAN/USA
28. St Louis Blues select Stefan Matteau C USNTDP USA/CAN
29. New York Rangers select Adam Peelch D OHL CAN
30. Vancouver Canucks select Ludvig Bystrom D SEL SWE
31. Columbus Blue Jackets select Oscar Dansk G SEL SWE
32. Edmonton Oilers select Ville Pokka D SM-Liiiga FIN
33. Montreal Canadiens select Timothy Bozon LW WHL FRA/USA
34. New York Islanders select Matia Marcantuoni C/W OHL CAN
35. Toronto Maple Leafs select Scott Kosmachuk RW OHL CAN
36. Anaheim Ducks select Mikko Vainonen D FIN-Jr FIN
37. Tampa Bay (From MIN via SAN) select Nikolai Prokhorkin RW MHL RUS
38. Carolina Hurricanes select Mike Winther C WHL CAN
39. Winnipeg Jets select Tanner Pearson RW OHL CAN
40. Tampa Bay Lightning select Nicholas Kerdiles LW USNTDP USA
41. Colorado Avalanche select Phillip Guiseppe LW CCHA CAN
42. Buffalo Sabres select Jarrod Maidens C OHL CAN
43. Dallas Stars select Cristobal Nieves C USHS USA
44. Buffalo Sabres (via CAL) select Scott Laughton C OHL CAN
45. Columbus Blue Jackets (From CBJ via OTT) select Andreas Athanasiou C OHL CAN
46. Minnesota Wild (From NJD via WSH) select Dalton Thrower D WHL CAN
47. Dallas Stars (from PHI via LAK) select Michael Matheson D USHL CAN
48. Carolina Hurricanese (via SAN) select Brady Skeji D USNTDP USA
49. Chicago Blackhawks select Brandon Whitney G QMJHL CAN
50. New Jersey Devils select Erik Karlsson C SEL-JR SWE
51. Detroit Red Wings select Brock McGinn LW OHL CAN
52. Tampa Bay Lightning (via PHI) select Brady Vail C OHL USA
53. Montreal Canadiens (via NSH) select Esa Lindell D FIN-Jr FIN
54. San Jose Sharks (COMP) select Jon Gilles G USHL USA
55. Pittsburgh Penguins select Henrik Samuelsson LW WHL USA/SWE
56. Florida Panthers select Zach Stepan C USHS USA
57. Phoenix Coyotes select Danill Zharkov LW OHL RUS
58. Colorado Avalanche (from TOR via BOS) select Dylan Blujus D OHL USA
59. St Louis Blues select Gemel Smith WHL USA
60. New York Rangers select Dane Fox C OHL CAN
61. Vancouver Canucks select Nathan Walker C CZE AUS
I like the Pouliot to CBJ pick. Grab a potential stud dman later if they won't grab one second overall. Ballsy call grabbing Forsberg. I like it though. I'm sort of a huge fan.
I like Ceci to Calgary. They need a puck mover like him in the system going forward. Yeah he's a fair bit older than many of the other guys going this year but he had a fantastic season.
I love Maatta to the Flyers. Its a perfect fit in my mind.
Pokka to the Oilers certainly fits their strategy in the past two draft. Grab a high end forward with the first overall, grab a dman in the 2nd round. Really adds to their depth on defense too. I like Pokka, I thinks he's underrated.
I really hope the Leafs grab Samuelsson early. I'm not sure why he's falling in draft rankings (I certainly don't think you have him placed wrong). He's had a pretty good season for the Oil Kings and he has the size and scoring touch teams love in a player. Plus he's got a great intensity to him. Maybe they don't like the amount of penalties he's taking? I just have a guy feeling that he's going to go to a team in the late 2nd and it's going to turn out to be a steal.