HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECQF | Game 2 | 4/14/12 | Senators @ Rangers | 7:00 PM | MSG, NBCSN, CBC

Closed Thread

Old
04-14-2012, 04:07 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
Well you and other fans can get as pissed as you want i guess.
People have different ideas of whats disrespectful. What about the players not singing, or the ones not putting their hand on their heart? Disrespecful too? Bigger issues in the world than this, just saying..

Edit: and what about the fans at MSG screaming during the anthem?
Fans at MSG are never going to change. That is a long tradition that will never go away. I don't take part in it. And there is no requirement to put your hand over your heart or anything of the sort. If you take off your helmet and stand there, you are being respectful. Anything other than that is disrespectful, it's like leaving your hat on during the anthem or sitting down. You don't have to sing either. I don't sing. I stand and give my utmost attention and don't mutter a single word. Patriotism is the word. Not everyone has it.

We all have our own opinions, but in my mind and many others, what they did was a smack in the face to the United States.

I'm not trying to make this into a fight, just speaking my mind. This is a hockey forum, why would I be bringing up issues "bigger than this in the world"?

Old
04-14-2012, 04:11 PM
Riche16
McCready guitar god

For the love of god... It's the play-offs

bring some f-ing heat tonight!!!

Old
04-14-2012, 04:12 PM
SixGoalieSystem
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Good stuff! I guess us being in Europe might be a couple of beers ahead because of the time difference. Where in Norway btw? What Get team do you follow?

My guess is that Kreider wont be in until anyone deserves to be out, fair enough I think. So far so good anyway, right?

Hoppla!
Im in Oslo these days, but I'm from Trondheim so I follow Rosenborg (and also did so when the team was in divison one and "everyone else" followed TIK). Go to most away games in the Oslo area and a few home games.

I'm just happy we get to watch real hockey on GCL, cause the state of Norwegian hockey is horrible. No rinks, no money, no talent.

Nice little watch:

Bill Pidto and Ron Duguay on Gaborik

Old
04-14-2012, 04:14 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyday Im Hagelin View Post
Fans at MSG are never going to change. That is a long tradition that will never go away. I don't take part in it. And there is no requirement to put your hand over your heart or anything of the sort. If you take off your helmet and stand there, you are being respectful. Anything other than that is disrespectful, it's like leaving your hat on during the anthem or sitting down.

We all have our own opinions, but in my mind and many others, what they did was a smack in the face to the United States.

I'm not trying to make this into a fight, just speaking my mind. This is a hockey forum, why would I be bringing up issues "bigger than this in the world"?
By saying there is bigger issues, i mean that i dont see it as a big deal. Just as i dont see it as a big deal if people are shouting during the anthem.
Its not a smack in the face of the USA, come on you are making this way bigger than it is. The point is that people are different, and that placing your own standards on others does not always work. Also, the Sens are Canadian, ever think they might not have the same standard for what is right/wrong when it comes to the anthems? I know that there are plenty of people in the US that feel that once the anthem is played you absolutely should put your hand on your heart, and that you should absolutely sing along.
Personally, I am more worried about what happens after the anthems, that the players show eachother respect and play a clean, hard game.

Old
04-14-2012, 04:16 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubkov21 View Post
Im in Oslo these days, but I'm from Trondheim so I follow Rosenborg (and also did so when the team was in divison one and "everyone else" followed TIK). Go to most away games in the Oslo area and a few home games.

I'm just happy we get to watch real hockey on GCL, cause the state of Norwegian hockey is horrible. No rinks, no money, no talent.

Nice watch:

Bill Pidto and Ron Duguay on Gaborik
Kudos for not becoming a VIF supporter, hehe. Lived in Oslo for about 10 years, was hard being a Viking/Oilers guy while living there!

Thanks for the link, good stuff!

Old
04-14-2012, 04:16 PM
Cmox

My brother went to the Yankees game. He said a dude wearing a Callahan shirt was shown on the titantron thing(haha) and a "Lets Go Rangers" chant started. They also showed 2 dudes wearing Senators shirts and everyone booed.

Old
04-14-2012, 04:22 PM
ck20

Quote:
People have different ideas of whats disrespectful. What about the players not singing, or the ones not putting their hand on their heart? Disrespecful too? Bigger issues in the world than this, just saying..

Obviously there's bigger issues in the world than some menial sports game or one particular instance of one game from some year. That doesn't mean that, if something happens that doesn't directly affect lives, it should just be shrugged off with the explanation of "well there's bigger things to worry about." If that was the case, nothing in the world today would matter outside of business and politics.

Thankfully that's not the case and thankfully we have the privilege of being able to analyze things and respond. I don't think what they did is disrespectful considering these guys aren't dumb schlubs that do things just to get a rise out of people. Not putting your hand on your heart/singing usually isn't seen as disrespectful since people have their own ways of paying homage to their country during the anthem, but the norm isn't really people running/skating around while the anthem is still being sung. I can understand why some people would say "why couldn't they have just stood there for an extra 5 seconds out of respect", but it's nothing to be so up in arms over.

Like you said though, the morons yelling and screaming during the anthem are the disrespectful ones. You have the entire rest of the game to get plastered and yell obscenities or whatever the hell you want, but show a little respect for the minute it takes to sing the anthem.

Old
04-14-2012, 04:24 PM
DoTheBlue
Great Expectations

We saw the Flyers offensive power last night. Tonight the Rangers show theirs.
2 - 1 Rangers with 1 on the PP.

Old
04-14-2012, 04:28 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

@ htk30: Good post post. You're the peacemaker hehe.

Cheers!

Old
04-14-2012, 04:32 PM
blue425

I'm at a wedding physically..but you all know where my mind is..

LETS GO RANGERS.

Old
04-14-2012, 04:38 PM
Krams
what an tiem

vCash: 69
Quote:

Then don't get upset, it's up to you. I found it disrespectful. Nobody said there aren't bigger issues in the world, don't put words in our mouths.

Old
04-14-2012, 04:42 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissFreakinWatch View Post
Then don't get upset, it's up to you. I found it disrespectful. Nobody said there aren't bigger issues in the world, don't put words in our mouths.
Then stop *****ing about how disrepectful it is if you think its up to everyone to decide
I dont think it was someone who wasnt upset about them moving who first brought it up, right?
That said, enjoy the game tonight. Hopefully everyone stands still until they are allowed to move.

Old
04-14-2012, 04:44 PM
truebluegoalie

I think the difference between the fans screaming during the anthem (which I don't like either) and what Spezza, Michalek did is that the players are expected to stand there during the anthem. Everyone else does it and it isn't a big deal so I don't understand why they had to start skating like that, especially right in front of the flags.

Something should be said to them, even if they do it at home, something should still be said. Players are expected to stand there until it is done, end of story.

$2500 fine.

Old
04-14-2012, 04:44 PM
WeWillWinTonight

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmox View Post
My brother went to the Yankees game. He said a dude wearing a Callahan shirt was shown on the titantron thing(haha) and a "Lets Go Rangers" chant started. They also showed 2 dudes wearing Senators shirts and everyone booed.
Awesome haha

Old
04-14-2012, 04:47 PM
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!

I am 50% to a flawless victory week.

Thursday the Rangers won 4-2
Friday the Sharks (rugby) won 29-23
Today we have Rangers again
Tomorrow Ajax (football*, not american football) playing

* Sorry, I refuse to call it soccer haha

Old
04-14-2012, 04:47 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by truebluegoalie View Post
I think the difference between the fans screaming during the anthem (which I don't like either) and what Spezza, Michalek did is that the players are expected to stand there during the anthem. Everyone else does it and it isn't a big deal so I don't understand why they had to start skating like that, especially right in front of the flags.

Something should be said to them, even if they do it at home, something should still be said. Players are expected to stand there until it is done, end of story.

$2500 fine.
Yep, seems as big as an offence as smashing someones face into the glass WWF-style

Old
04-14-2012, 04:52 PM
Baby Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue425 View Post
I'm at a wedding physically..but you all know where my mind is..

LETS GO RANGERS.
I blew off a wedding at the plaza tonight so I could watch the game!

Old
04-14-2012, 05:04 PM
Baby Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyday Im Hagelin View Post
Fans at MSG are never going to change. That is a long tradition that will never go away. I don't take part in it. And there is no requirement to put your hand over your heart or anything of the sort. If you take off your helmet and stand there, you are being respectful. Anything other than that is disrespectful, it's like leaving your hat on during the anthem or sitting down. You don't have to sing either. I don't sing. I stand and give my utmost attention and don't mutter a single word. Patriotism is the word. Not everyone has it.

I've noticed the fans only carry on during the anthem whe Johnny sings it. It wasn't always like that. Maybe just in the past 10-12 years. I think somthing happened one night he was signing it & he lost power to the microphone or somthing along those lines & the fans completed it. It kind of grew from there. I have no issue with it what's so ever.

Old
04-14-2012, 05:10 PM
blue425

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Punisher View Post
DVR is set. I will punch someone in the face if they have loose lips.

Old
04-14-2012, 05:18 PM
DMPD
Offseasons Greetings

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoTheBlue View Post
We saw the Flyers offensive power last night. Tonight the Rangers show theirs.
2 - 1 Rangers with 1 on the PP.

That much scoring is going to blow my mind!

04-14-2012, 05:24 PM
Maineice11

Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
hopefully it wasn't your wedding lol

Old
04-14-2012, 05:25 PM
Baby Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post
LOL Hell no. I have black out dates in the spring. If I were to get married it would be a fall wedding.

Old
04-14-2012, 05:28 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post
Lol, i laughed at this out loud. My wife wasnt so impressed though

Old
04-14-2012, 05:28 PM
Maineice11

Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
LOL Hell no. I have black out dates in the spring. If I were to get married it would be a fall wedding.
hahaha...i got married at the end of last May and my wife and i had an agreement that the rangers game would have to be on somewhere IF they were still playing and had a game during our reception lol...i think she was happy we did not have to worry about it lol

Old
04-14-2012, 05:29 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezequiel View Post
I am 50% to a flawless victory week.

Thursday the Rangers won 4-2
Friday the Sharks (rugby) won 29-23
Today we have Rangers again
Tomorrow Ajax (football*, not american football) playing

* Sorry, I refuse to call it soccer haha
Thank you for Teemu Tainio.

Hopefully the Rangers can deliver with a win tonight.