HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECQF | Game 2 | 4/14/12 | Senators @ Rangers | 7:00 PM | MSG, NBCSN, CBC

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-14-2012, 04:07 PM
  #126
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
Well you and other fans can get as pissed as you want i guess.
People have different ideas of whats disrespectful. What about the players not singing, or the ones not putting their hand on their heart? Disrespecful too? Bigger issues in the world than this, just saying..

Edit: and what about the fans at MSG screaming during the anthem?
Fans at MSG are never going to change. That is a long tradition that will never go away. I don't take part in it. And there is no requirement to put your hand over your heart or anything of the sort. If you take off your helmet and stand there, you are being respectful. Anything other than that is disrespectful, it's like leaving your hat on during the anthem or sitting down. You don't have to sing either. I don't sing. I stand and give my utmost attention and don't mutter a single word. Patriotism is the word. Not everyone has it.

We all have our own opinions, but in my mind and many others, what they did was a smack in the face to the United States.

I'm not trying to make this into a fight, just speaking my mind. This is a hockey forum, why would I be bringing up issues "bigger than this in the world"?

Clowes Line is offline  
Old
04-14-2012, 04:11 PM
  #127
Riche16
McCready guitar god
 
Riche16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Jerk Store
Country: United States
Posts: 4,435
vCash: 500
For the love of god... It's the play-offs

bring some f-ing heat tonight!!!

Riche16 is offline  
Old
04-14-2012, 04:12 PM
  #128
SixGoalieSystem
HFBoards Sponsor
 
SixGoalieSystem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Trondheim
Posts: 3,167
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
Good stuff! I guess us being in Europe might be a couple of beers ahead because of the time difference. Where in Norway btw? What Get team do you follow?

My guess is that Kreider wont be in until anyone deserves to be out, fair enough I think. So far so good anyway, right?

Hoppla!
Im in Oslo these days, but I'm from Trondheim so I follow Rosenborg (and also did so when the team was in divison one and "everyone else" followed TIK). Go to most away games in the Oslo area and a few home games.

I'm just happy we get to watch real hockey on GCL, cause the state of Norwegian hockey is horrible. No rinks, no money, no talent.

Nice little watch:

Bill Pidto and Ron Duguay on Gaborik

SixGoalieSystem is offline  
Old
04-14-2012, 04:14 PM
  #129
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey
 
Hellion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Stavanger, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 6,482
vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyday Im Hagelin View Post
Fans at MSG are never going to change. That is a long tradition that will never go away. I don't take part in it. And there is no requirement to put your hand over your heart or anything of the sort. If you take off your helmet and stand there, you are being respectful. Anything other than that is disrespectful, it's like leaving your hat on during the anthem or sitting down.

We all have our own opinions, but in my mind and many others, what they did was a smack in the face to the United States.

I'm not trying to make this into a fight, just speaking my mind. This is a hockey forum, why would I be bringing up issues "bigger than this in the world"?
By saying there is bigger issues, i mean that i dont see it as a big deal. Just as i dont see it as a big deal if people are shouting during the anthem.
Its not a smack in the face of the USA, come on you are making this way bigger than it is. The point is that people are different, and that placing your own standards on others does not always work. Also, the Sens are Canadian, ever think they might not have the same standard for what is right/wrong when it comes to the anthems? I know that there are plenty of people in the US that feel that once the anthem is played you absolutely should put your hand on your heart, and that you should absolutely sing along.
Personally, I am more worried about what happens after the anthems, that the players show eachother respect and play a clean, hard game.

Hellion is offline  
Old
04-14-2012, 04:16 PM
  #130
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey
 
Hellion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Stavanger, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 6,482
vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubkov21 View Post
Im in Oslo these days, but I'm from Trondheim so I follow Rosenborg (and also did so when the team was in divison one and "everyone else" followed TIK). Go to most away games in the Oslo area and a few home games.

I'm just happy we get to watch real hockey on GCL, cause the state of Norwegian hockey is horrible. No rinks, no money, no talent.

Nice watch:

Bill Pidto and Ron Duguay on Gaborik
Kudos for not becoming a VIF supporter, hehe. Lived in Oslo for about 10 years, was hard being a Viking/Oilers guy while living there!

Thanks for the link, good stuff!

Hellion is offline  
Old
04-14-2012, 04:16 PM
  #131
Cmox
Registered User
 
Cmox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Queens,NY
Posts: 4,259
vCash: 500
My brother went to the Yankees game. He said a dude wearing a Callahan shirt was shown on the titantron thing(haha) and a "Lets Go Rangers" chant started. They also showed 2 dudes wearing Senators shirts and everyone booed.

Cmox is offline  
Old
04-14-2012, 04:22 PM
  #132
ck20
Registered User
 
ck20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 1,512
vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
Well you and other fans can get as pissed as you want i guess.
People have different ideas of whats disrespectful. What about the players not singing, or the ones not putting their hand on their heart? Disrespecful too? Bigger issues in the world than this, just saying..

Edit: and what about the fans at MSG screaming during the anthem?
Obviously there's bigger issues in the world than some menial sports game or one particular instance of one game from some year. That doesn't mean that, if something happens that doesn't directly affect lives, it should just be shrugged off with the explanation of "well there's bigger things to worry about." If that was the case, nothing in the world today would matter outside of business and politics.

Thankfully that's not the case and thankfully we have the privilege of being able to analyze things and respond. I don't think what they did is disrespectful considering these guys aren't dumb schlubs that do things just to get a rise out of people. Not putting your hand on your heart/singing usually isn't seen as disrespectful since people have their own ways of paying homage to their country during the anthem, but the norm isn't really people running/skating around while the anthem is still being sung. I can understand why some people would say "why couldn't they have just stood there for an extra 5 seconds out of respect", but it's nothing to be so up in arms over.

Like you said though, the morons yelling and screaming during the anthem are the disrespectful ones. You have the entire rest of the game to get plastered and yell obscenities or whatever the hell you want, but show a little respect for the minute it takes to sing the anthem.

ck20 is offline  
Old
04-14-2012, 04:24 PM
  #133
DoTheBlue
Great Expectations
 
DoTheBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 7,164
vCash: 500
We saw the Flyers offensive power last night. Tonight the Rangers show theirs.
2 - 1 Rangers with 1 on the PP.

DoTheBlue is offline  
Old
04-14-2012, 04:28 PM
  #134
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey
 
Hellion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Stavanger, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 6,482
vCash: 1050
@ htk30: Good post post. You're the peacemaker hehe.

Cheers!

Hellion is offline  
Old
04-14-2012, 04:32 PM
  #135
blue425
Registered User
 
blue425's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 2,388
vCash: 500
I'm at a wedding physically..but you all know where my mind is..

LETS GO RANGERS.

blue425 is offline  
Old
04-14-2012, 04:38 PM
  #136
Krams
what an tiem
 
Krams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 4,839
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
Well you and other fans can get as pissed as you want i guess.
People have different ideas of whats disrespectful. What about the players not singing, or the ones not putting their hand on their heart? Disrespecful too? Bigger issues in the world than this, just saying..

Edit: and what about the fans at MSG screaming during the anthem?
Then don't get upset, it's up to you. I found it disrespectful. Nobody said there aren't bigger issues in the world, don't put words in our mouths.

Krams is offline  
Old
04-14-2012, 04:42 PM
  #137
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey
 
Hellion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Stavanger, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 6,482
vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissFreakinWatch View Post
Then don't get upset, it's up to you. I found it disrespectful. Nobody said there aren't bigger issues in the world, don't put words in our mouths.
Then stop *****ing about how disrepectful it is if you think its up to everyone to decide
I dont think it was someone who wasnt upset about them moving who first brought it up, right?
That said, enjoy the game tonight. Hopefully everyone stands still until they are allowed to move.

Hellion is offline  
Old
04-14-2012, 04:44 PM
  #138
truebluegoalie
Registered User
 
truebluegoalie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,488
vCash: 500
I think the difference between the fans screaming during the anthem (which I don't like either) and what Spezza, Michalek did is that the players are expected to stand there during the anthem. Everyone else does it and it isn't a big deal so I don't understand why they had to start skating like that, especially right in front of the flags.

Something should be said to them, even if they do it at home, something should still be said. Players are expected to stand there until it is done, end of story.

$2500 fine.

truebluegoalie is offline  
Old
04-14-2012, 04:44 PM
  #139
WeWillWinTonight
Registered User
 
WeWillWinTonight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,026
vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmox View Post
My brother went to the Yankees game. He said a dude wearing a Callahan shirt was shown on the titantron thing(haha) and a "Lets Go Rangers" chant started. They also showed 2 dudes wearing Senators shirts and everyone booed.
Awesome haha

WeWillWinTonight is offline  
Old
04-14-2012, 04:47 PM
  #140
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!
 
Amazing Kreiderman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Netherlands
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 9,039
vCash: 500
I am 50% to a flawless victory week.

Thursday the Rangers won 4-2
Friday the Sharks (rugby) won 29-23
Today we have Rangers again
Tomorrow Ajax (football*, not american football) playing


* Sorry, I refuse to call it soccer haha

Amazing Kreiderman is offline  
Old
04-14-2012, 04:47 PM
  #141
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey
 
Hellion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Stavanger, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 6,482
vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by truebluegoalie View Post
I think the difference between the fans screaming during the anthem (which I don't like either) and what Spezza, Michalek did is that the players are expected to stand there during the anthem. Everyone else does it and it isn't a big deal so I don't understand why they had to start skating like that, especially right in front of the flags.

Something should be said to them, even if they do it at home, something should still be said. Players are expected to stand there until it is done, end of story.

$2500 fine.
Yep, seems as big as an offence as smashing someones face into the glass WWF-style

Hellion is offline  
Old
04-14-2012, 04:52 PM
  #142
Baby Punisher
Registered User
 
Baby Punisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Staten Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue425 View Post
I'm at a wedding physically..but you all know where my mind is..

LETS GO RANGERS.
I blew off a wedding at the plaza tonight so I could watch the game!

Baby Punisher is offline  
Old
04-14-2012, 05:04 PM
  #143
Baby Punisher
Registered User
 
Baby Punisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Staten Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyday Im Hagelin View Post
Fans at MSG are never going to change. That is a long tradition that will never go away. I don't take part in it. And there is no requirement to put your hand over your heart or anything of the sort. If you take off your helmet and stand there, you are being respectful. Anything other than that is disrespectful, it's like leaving your hat on during the anthem or sitting down. You don't have to sing either. I don't sing. I stand and give my utmost attention and don't mutter a single word. Patriotism is the word. Not everyone has it.

We all have our own opinions, but in my mind and many others, what they did was a smack in the face to the United States.

I'm not trying to make this into a fight, just speaking my mind. This is a hockey forum, why would I be bringing up issues "bigger than this in the world"?
I've noticed the fans only carry on during the anthem whe Johnny sings it. It wasn't always like that. Maybe just in the past 10-12 years. I think somthing happened one night he was signing it & he lost power to the microphone or somthing along those lines & the fans completed it. It kind of grew from there. I have no issue with it what's so ever.

Baby Punisher is offline  
Old
04-14-2012, 05:10 PM
  #144
blue425
Registered User
 
blue425's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 2,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Punisher View Post
I blew off a wedding at the plaza tonight so I could watch the game!
DVR is set. I will punch someone in the face if they have loose lips.

blue425 is offline  
Old
04-14-2012, 05:18 PM
  #145
DMPD
Offseasons Greetings
 
DMPD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 21,428
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoTheBlue View Post
We saw the Flyers offensive power last night. Tonight the Rangers show theirs.
2 - 1 Rangers with 1 on the PP.


That much scoring is going to blow my mind!

__________________
DMPD is offline  
Old
04-14-2012, 05:24 PM
  #146
Maineice11
Registered User
 
Maineice11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 6,446
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Punisher View Post
I blew off a wedding at the plaza tonight so I could watch the game!
hopefully it wasn't your wedding lol

Maineice11 is offline  
Old
04-14-2012, 05:25 PM
  #147
Baby Punisher
Registered User
 
Baby Punisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Staten Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post
hopefully it wasn't your wedding lol
LOL Hell no. I have black out dates in the spring. If I were to get married it would be a fall wedding.

Baby Punisher is offline  
Old
04-14-2012, 05:28 PM
  #148
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey
 
Hellion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Stavanger, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 6,482
vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post
hopefully it wasn't your wedding lol
Lol, i laughed at this out loud. My wife wasnt so impressed though

Hellion is offline  
Old
04-14-2012, 05:28 PM
  #149
Maineice11
Registered User
 
Maineice11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 6,446
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Punisher View Post
LOL Hell no. I have black out dates in the spring. If I were to get married it would be a fall wedding.
hahaha...i got married at the end of last May and my wife and i had an agreement that the rangers game would have to be on somewhere IF they were still playing and had a game during our reception lol...i think she was happy we did not have to worry about it lol

Maineice11 is offline  
Old
04-14-2012, 05:29 PM
  #150
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 20,063
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezequiel View Post
I am 50% to a flawless victory week.

Thursday the Rangers won 4-2
Friday the Sharks (rugby) won 29-23
Today we have Rangers again
Tomorrow Ajax (football*, not american football) playing


* Sorry, I refuse to call it soccer haha
Thank you for Teemu Tainio.

Hopefully the Rangers can deliver with a win tonight.

__________________
"I have something better than proof: I have anecdotal evidence."
Fitzy is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:11 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.