HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > NHL Draft - Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Draft - Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

2005 Draftees in NHL next year?

Closed Thread

Old
12-03-2004, 07:50 AM
trahans99

vCash: 500
2005 Draftees in NHL next year?

Hypothetically speaking, if the NHL and NHLPA reach a deal and there is a draft and season next year, are there any player who would be drafted and make the jump to the NHL right away? I already know Crosby, I guess i'm really asking about Brule, would he be able to make the jump next season? Are there any others that may (Jack Johnson)?

Old
12-03-2004, 08:45 AM
Rabid Ranger
2 is better than one

Quote:
Originally Posted by trahans99
Hypothetically speaking, if the NHL and NHLPA reach a deal and there is a draft and season next year, are there any player who would be drafted and make the jump to the NHL right away? I already know Crosby, I guess i'm really asking about Brule, would he be able to make the jump next season? Are there any others that may (Jack Johnson)?

There's no way Johnson does. He's attending Michigan next year.

Old
12-03-2004, 02:22 PM
McDonald19
Hampus

Maybe this is bad logic, but people here are saying Brule won't make the World Junior team this year...so how is he going to be good enough to make the jump to the NHL?

Old
12-03-2004, 02:26 PM
Epsilon
#TeamHolland

Apart from Crosby and some European overage picks, my guess is almost no one. Without a season this year teams have lots of players from the past few drafts who are getting seasoned in the minors and are ready to make the jump and there won't be much space for 2005 picks. Of course, a few unexpected ones will be there right out of the gate, there always are (Burns, Bergeron, etc.).

Old
12-03-2004, 02:37 PM
Crosbyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilon
Apart from Crosby and some European overage picks, my guess is almost no one. Without a season this year teams have lots of players from the past few drafts who are getting seasoned in the minors and are ready to make the jump and there won't be much space for 2005 picks. Of course, a few unexpected ones will be there right out of the gate, there always are (Burns, Bergeron, etc.).
Are you expecting less than two years worth of retirements over the last two years due to a lockout effect?

Old
12-03-2004, 02:49 PM
VanW27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosbyfan
Are you expecting less than two years worth of retirements over the last two years due to a lockout effect?
This question wasn't directed at me but i doubt you will see double the retirements A lot of players who may have reitered this past summer may play an extra year now that they have had so much time off to rest and heal.

Old
12-03-2004, 02:49 PM
moosefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonald19
Maybe this is bad logic, but people here are saying Brule won't make the World Junior team this year...so how is he going to be good enough to make the jump to the NHL?
Eric Staal got cut from the world junior team for Canada when it was here in Halifax and so did Nathan Horton and they both made the NHL right after getting drafted, so there goes that theory then. the world junior team especially in a year with so many already drafted and older players plus the fact of alot of returning players well it is going to send guys like Brule down the list and off the team.

Old
12-03-2004, 06:41 PM
monster_bertuzzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonald19
Enough said...

Closed Thread