HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Wrestling
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Wrestling Amateur, Pro, Mud, Jello, Real, Fake, and in between

Reigns vs. Ambrose or Reigns vs. Sheamus @ WMXXX?; Bryan push?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-22-2014, 03:08 AM
  #1
Dean Ambrose
Moderator
I AM A MERCENARY
 
Dean Ambrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Parts Unknown
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,278
vCash: 133
Reigns vs. Ambrose or Reigns vs. Sheamus @ WMXXX?; Bryan push?

Quote:
- Itís been expected that we will see the demise of The Shield at WrestleMania XXX but thatís not confirmed yet. While one idea pitched internally had Roman Reigns vs. Dean Ambrose in a singles match, another idea pitched that was discussed a bit more is Reigns vs. Sheamus.

- It was noted backstage at RAW this week that the directives on commentary regarding Daniel Bryan have changed. Certain negative words to describe Bryan such as short, goat, ugly and small have been dropped. Word is that the push for Bryan is on.
Source: WNW

I predicted Sheamus vs. Reigns a bit ago and still think they'll do it. If Main Event is any indication, they won't break up The Shield yet. It's Main Event, so I doubt it means anything, but they can still get more out of The Shield and have a hot summer angle with them.

RE: Bryan. I'll believe it when I see it at this point.

__________________
He's got the whole world in his hands...


I never thought I was a bad person. I just thought I was the one good person living in a world of bad people.
Dean Ambrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2014, 07:40 AM
  #2
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9
 
RJ8812's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,702
vCash: 769
calling him short, a goat, and ugly...

WWE's anti-bullying campaign at it's finest!

RJ8812 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2014, 08:36 AM
  #3
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey
 
Fro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Drinking With Carts
Country: United States
Posts: 14,244
vCash: 500
my thoughts exactly RJ

Fro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2014, 09:02 AM
  #4
Blue Dot
F0rsbergFan21
 
Blue Dot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,325
vCash: 500
as all of you well know, as i have said this until i was blue in the face ( pun intended ), i don't want the shield to split. i think they can all go face when the time hits with ambrose the remaining guy trying to hold onto the old heel ways. he and the other two can have fun segments where they bust on AMbrose for it until finally the one day he snaps.

they would do better building shield vs wyatt's for WM and continuing the feud, maybe...depends on how EC match goes.

i don't want a Ambrose vs Reigns match because it's still going to feel rushed to me, and frankly i don't want to see any member of the shield job out to another member. break the mold pro-wrestling. they don't need to feud with each other!

in terms of Bryan...they tried everything they could to bury him and the fans would not let it happen. the more they called him short, ugly and goat the more people loved him. the WWE's anti-bullying campaign is one of the funniest things ever, as we all know. i mean when it launched was that not the same time they were calling mickey james, piggy james every week?

i guess i would be ok with reigns vs shaemus. not sure what that match really does for either guy since i think WWE would rather have each of them going over at WM.

Punk vs Reigns would be a good WM match, even though we have seen it. I would have liked for a long Ambrose/Punk program. those two could have done great business together. still could, just somewhat spoiled.

Maybe they could kick it back off with Reigns beating Punk at WM due to interference from Ambrose. Reigns is mad at Ambrose saying he could have done it on his own, opens the door for Punk and Ambrose to fight. Punk says Ambrose has lost to him so many times...Ambrose gets mad and yells that was in the past and then they start doing unscripted in-ring promo work each week... a guy can dream.

Blue Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2014, 09:07 AM
  #5
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey
 
Fro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Drinking With Carts
Country: United States
Posts: 14,244
vCash: 500
agreed F0rsberg...i don't want it to be rushed...but the fear is that WWE is throwing anything and everything against the wall to see if it'll stick and boost ratings...and it'll be a shame when they do this and we're all angry over this...

Fro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2014, 09:18 AM
  #6
Blue Dot
F0rsbergFan21
 
Blue Dot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,325
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
agreed F0rsberg...i don't want it to be rushed...but the fear is that WWE is throwing anything and everything against the wall to see if it'll stick and boost ratings...and it'll be a shame when they do this and we're all angry over this...
indeed, i am fully ready to be let down and angry. haha

i feel they are just starting to scratch the surface on the layers of material the Shield could do while they are all developing as individuals. stopping that short to go for an easy program of Reigns vs Ambrose just seems like a huge waste.

really would love to see the Shield run as a stable like the old Horseman. each guy can go wrestle their own match, have their own things going, yet they are still a stable and do some interviews together and come out together yadda yadda

Blue Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2014, 09:25 AM
  #7
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey
 
Fro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Drinking With Carts
Country: United States
Posts: 14,244
vCash: 500
OH my....yes...add one other person and pull it off...like DX in its best form...you had HBK with the big title, HHH in the midcard picture, and NAO for tag team titles (and xpac for lower title)....

you could do Reigns for big title, Ambrose in the upper mid card, and Rollins/??? with tag titles...

phenomenal idea

Fro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2014, 09:52 AM
  #8
NYGBleedBlueNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,939
vCash: 500
We have just recently seen their personalities shine.

Letting them continue as a faction will only help develop their characters.

A face run could be amazing.

I feel if they break up now,as fans, we could lose Rollins.

I'm afraid the WWE will push Reigns v Ambrose & Rollins could get left hanging by creative.

This isn't a knock on Rollins because he's great IMO. Just how I can see WWE dropping the ball.

NYGBleedBlueNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2014, 10:01 AM
  #9
NYGBleedBlueNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,939
vCash: 500
I can see Reigns v Sheamus at mania.

But turn Sheamus.

Have Barrett & Cesaro come out & help him.

Then Cesaro, Barrett, & Sheamus put all of them though tables.

Then Willam Regal comes to the ring to let everyone know that it's time for the lazy pathetic Americans to understand the power of the ... Regal Republic.

On Raw Drew McIntire joins to make it 5 on 3.

Edit-
I'd push Cesaro at HW Champ
Make Barrett/Sheamus tag champs
McI = midcard guy

NYGBleedBlueNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2014, 10:42 AM
  #10
Blue Dot
F0rsbergFan21
 
Blue Dot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,325
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGBleedBlueNYR View Post
I can see Reigns v Sheamus at mania.

But turn Sheamus.

Have Barrett & Cesaro come out & help him.

Then Cesaro, Barrett, & Sheamus put all of them though tables.

Then Willam Regal comes to the ring to let everyone know that it's time for the lazy pathetic Americans to understand the power of the ... Regal Republic.

On Raw Drew McIntire joins to make it 5 on 3.

Edit-
I'd push Cesaro at HW Champ
Make Barrett/Sheamus tag champs
McI = midcard guy
it would also give a stable as heels to go with Wyatt Family and allow Shield to be faces and have individual matches and yet still have times they fight together.

plus it gives the guys you mentioned something to actually do.

i'd leave cesaro out of it though just due to how he's been going right now and the real americans gimmick. i see him with the group you mentioned and think he's a fit, i just think he is the one guy you listed they can do more with outside of a faction.

the Regal Republic would be amazing!

Blue Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2014, 10:45 AM
  #11
NYGBleedBlueNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,939
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Dot View Post
it would also give a stable as heels to go with Wyatt Family and allow Shield to be faces and have individual matches and yet still have times they fight together.

plus it gives the guys you mentioned something to actually do.

i'd leave cesaro out of it though just due to how he's been going right now and the real americans gimmick. i see him with the group you mentioned and think he's a fit, i just think he is the one guy you listed they can do more with outside of a faction.

the Regal Republic would be amazing!
I think Cesaro is getting over now.

I put him here to pull him back Heel.

I put him as the #1 & Regal's right hand man.

What do you think of the

Bad News Brogues?

I think they could be an epic tag team.

NYGBleedBlueNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2014, 10:52 AM
  #12
Blue Dot
F0rsbergFan21
 
Blue Dot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,325
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGBleedBlueNYR View Post
I think Cesaro is getting over now.

I put him here to pull him back Heel.

I put him as the #1 & Regal's right hand man.

What do you think of the

Bad News Brogues?

I think they could be an epic tag team.
i dig the bad news brogues!

i am also a shaemus fan but i can certainly see where his haters are coming from. i think the tag team would give him something different to do and make him more fresh.

maybe they could form and pull cesaro away to be their #1, convince him he was brainwashed by the americans and he needs to return to his roots.

i worry for cesaro, as much as i love him, i think he will stink as a "face". he is getting over because he is a bad @-$-$ in the ring and fans love to love guys that kick butt and look like they work stiff. you make them a face and it takes away some of the edge that makes them get the pops. classic problem in wrestling. the road warriors and austin managed to keep doing the same thing as always, just the fans cheered vs booed. i hope cesaro can too.

Blue Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2014, 11:01 AM
  #13
NYGBleedBlueNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,939
vCash: 500
Cesaro, IMO, is the type who can really only be a good face if he's already been a solid heel.

I think Sheamus is more bland & corny than Cena as a face. But as a heel he has monster potential. Putting him in a tag team he can still be a monster but not be in the title picture.

Plus Barrett(the most all around talented of the group IMO) gets the rub from Sheamus.

NYGBleedBlueNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2014, 11:12 AM
  #14
Blue Dot
F0rsbergFan21
 
Blue Dot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,325
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGBleedBlueNYR View Post
Cesaro, IMO, is the type who can really only be a good face if he's already been a solid heel.

I think Sheamus is more bland & corny than Cena as a face. But as a heel he has monster potential. Putting him in a tag team he can still be a monster but not be in the title picture.

Plus Barrett(the most all around talented of the group IMO) gets the rub from Sheamus.
as you know, huge Christian mark. but he and Shaemus are def a bore as faces.

i still don't know how to transition Cesaro from the Real Americans and Zeb over to the Regal faction, while the rest is an easy fit.

maybe Regal starts recruiting them, he starts with Drew as it's easy to convince him to leave 3man band and he can get him back to being a chosen guy. Wade and Shaemus next, or perhaps have Wade and Regal start out on the same page and recruit the others together.

Cesaro is the last one they pull in. tell him with their help he will be world champ in 2 months.

Regal and Zeb can have some back and forth on the mic. and just as it looks Cesaro will be a face and the fans want it, he turns his back on them. says We the people can shove it.

Barret and Shaemus for tag belts, Drew for mid card feuds, Cesaro as the main event guy

i'd still rather see it as a vehicle to get Wade back in the main event picture and cesaro not needing it, but i am trying to be on board with your idea

Blue Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2014, 11:17 AM
  #15
Snipeshow
Registered User
 
Snipeshow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Newmarket, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,668
vCash: 500
I could get behind the Regal Republic.

Snipeshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2014, 11:37 AM
  #16
NYGBleedBlueNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,939
vCash: 500
One promo by Regal & Cesaro explains why being an "American" is less than what he already is.

Or something like that. I wouldn't even focus too hard on it cuz I want both Cesaro & Swag/Zeb to remain heels. But u could try & turn Swagger face I guess.

I am a HUGE mark for Barrett. But WWE has done so bad with him he needs a lot before he can be in the ME picture again IMO. A solid tag run could help a ton.

I still believe in Drew McIntire as well. He's built like a smaller Razor Ramone. With a mouthpiece I could see some potential.

I could even see bringing in a monster like Rob Terry or Mason Ryan(or both) as Regal's personal bodyguard(s).

NYGBleedBlueNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2014, 01:34 PM
  #17
Jussi
I am siege face
 
Jussi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 43,450
vCash: 612
I still feel Shield should not be made complete babyfaces. Keep them tweenerish in the sense that they might face face and heel teams occasionally or "everyone". Sort of like "we're the team to beat, come get us!" Then have Reigns say "believe in the Shield" so that that crowd may say it with you. We already saw on Raw the fans chanting Shield. Have them not interfere on matches so often to drop one heelish aspect. Let Ambrose "save the team" one time to promote their unity and let his loose on Bray Wyatt.

Jussi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2014, 06:00 PM
  #18
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick
 
KEEROLE Vatanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 17,322
vCash: 500
if they want to bryan to be taken seriously, stop making him wear goat face merch, stop selling that **** and the stupid beard hat. when he goes top rope don't call it flying goat, the time to get behind him is now, i can only speak for myself but i'm losing interest because he's not been in any interesting feuds lately, and i don't think anyone expects him to win the chamber match

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2014, 06:52 PM
  #19
Blue Dot
F0rsbergFan21
 
Blue Dot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,325
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEEROLE Vatanen View Post
if they want to bryan to be taken seriously, stop making him wear goat face merch, stop selling that **** and the stupid beard hat. when he goes top rope don't call it flying goat, the time to get behind him is now, i can only speak for myself but i'm losing interest because he's not been in any interesting feuds lately, and i don't think anyone expects him to win the chamber match
i lost interest. i have always been a fan of his, but i don't love him on the mic, though he has the ability to be very good at times.

i hate the YES! chant. so now his promo work and most matches just annoy me when he does it to the crowd. i don't mind the crowd randomly chanting it on their own.

love him in the ring and his work but he is just not a guy i'd spend real money on. that's not a big deal though, i am a hard fan to please. in my adult life i have only spent $ on benoit and christian. i'd spend $ on the shield now as well if the match was appealing enough.

i will buy EC since Christian is in the main event and i like Shield vs Wyatts.

Blue Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2014, 07:08 PM
  #20
Takeo
Registered User
 
Takeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 18,266
vCash: 500
I would keep on with the tension and teases but keep the Shield together quite a bit longer. There are so many angles to explore with that faction. That said, I'd like to see more Reigns and Ambrose in singles competition or Ambrose/Rollins earning tag titles. As for WM, how about Reigns/Wyatt gimmick match.

Takeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2014, 07:21 PM
  #21
Prussian_Blue
Registered User
 
Prussian_Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Country: Germany
Posts: 7,753
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Dot View Post
really would love to see the Shield run as a stable like the old Horseman. each guy can go wrestle their own match, have their own things going, yet they are still a stable and do some interviews together and come out together yadda yadda


This.

Even after thirty years, the "classic" Horsemen -- Flair, Ole Anderson, Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard -- still set the standard for a wrestling stable. They were so good, individually and as a unit, that even face marks couldn't help but respect and admire them.

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2014, 07:26 PM
  #22
NYGBleedBlueNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,939
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post


This.

Even after thirty years, the "classic" Horsemen -- Flair, Ole Anderson, Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard -- still set the standard for a wrestling stable. They were so good, individually and as a unit, that even face marks couldn't help but respect and admire them.
As a kid I always thought Arn Anderson was the baddest man on the planet lol

NYGBleedBlueNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2014, 09:08 PM
  #23
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick
 
KEEROLE Vatanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 17,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Dot View Post
i lost interest. i have always been a fan of his, but i don't love him on the mic, though he has the ability to be very good at times.

i hate the YES! chant. so now his promo work and most matches just annoy me when he does it to the crowd. i don't mind the crowd randomly chanting it on their own.

love him in the ring and his work but he is just not a guy i'd spend real money on. that's not a big deal though, i am a hard fan to please. in my adult life i have only spent $ on benoit and christian. i'd spend $ on the shield now as well if the match was appealing enough.

i will buy EC since Christian is in the main event and i like Shield vs Wyatts.
i thought his promos with cena were really good, he seems really scripted when he talks

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2014, 10:09 PM
  #24
Blue Dot
F0rsbergFan21
 
Blue Dot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,325
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post


This.

Even after thirty years, the "classic" Horsemen -- Flair, Ole Anderson, Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard -- still set the standard for a wrestling stable. They were so good, individually and as a unit, that even face marks couldn't help but respect and admire them.
it would be great to see them invest time and go for something like this for a new generation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGBleedBlueNYR View Post
As a kid I always thought Arn Anderson was the baddest man on the planet lol
i always loved Arn the most!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEEROLE Vatanen View Post
i thought his promos with cena were really good, he seems really scripted when he talks
agreed.

Blue Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2014, 12:32 AM
  #25
tp71
Enjoy every sandwich
 
tp71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
calling him short, a goat, and ugly...

WWE's anti-bullying campaign at it's finest!
I honestly hate this narrative. Separating a TV show from reality. One is fiction, one isn't. Wrestling would be pretty damn boring if every character held hands and there wasn't the bully or bad guy who eventually gets his comeuppance. Just because they portray some sort of bullying on TV doesn't mean they support it outside wrestling.

tp71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:15 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.