Closed Thread

Old
10-14-2012, 09:31 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
RIP parabola

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ColePens
I, unfortunately, just got home. Was actually going to order this one. If anyone can hit me up with a replay stream.. please PM me.

Old
10-14-2012, 09:32 PM

Loving the AA chants.

Old
10-14-2012, 09:37 PM
Crimson Skorpion

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
I, unfortunately, just got home. Was actually going to order this one. If anyone can hit me up with a replay stream.. please PM me.
Hopefully we can find one for you. The Stormes/Roode match - which should have been the lead up to the main event, in my opinion - was one match every wrestling fan should see.

Love how AA is playing heel tactics, yet Jeff keeps getting booed.

Old
10-14-2012, 09:42 PM

With the back and forth chants I feel like I'm watching a John Cena match.

Old
10-14-2012, 09:42 PM
Crimson Skorpion

Awards:
"LET'S GO ARIES!"
"LET'S GO HARDY!"

****ing awesome. Well done, Phoenix. Well done.

Old
10-14-2012, 09:50 PM

Botched clothesline?

Old
10-14-2012, 09:54 PM
Fro
Cheatin on CBJ w TBL

ugh...hardy as champ...this idea blows...

Old
10-14-2012, 09:54 PM

**** not the outcome I wanted but otherwise great match.

Old
10-14-2012, 09:56 PM
Crimson Skorpion

Awards:
Jeff Hardy is the new TNA Champ...

Old
10-14-2012, 09:57 PM
PierreMcGuire*

Very good main event, terrible result with Hardy coming out on top.

Crowd was hot all night. Great show. Also really liked how TNA used the time.

Old
10-14-2012, 09:57 PM

I hear they want to keep him happy so he stays with the company. Not sure how much truth there is to it.

Old
10-14-2012, 10:00 PM
David71

devon is the leader? lol

Old
10-14-2012, 10:01 PM
Fro
Cheatin on CBJ w TBL

really good PPV top to bottom...maybe best this year...

Old
10-14-2012, 10:03 PM
PierreMcGuire*

Quote:
Originally Posted by David71 View Post
devon is the leader? lol
I don't think he's the leader, but he was the only member revealed. That's just my opinion, though.

Old
10-14-2012, 10:04 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
RIP parabola

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Once again.. if anyone has a replay feed - let me know. Missed it unfortunately.

edit: PM me.

Old
10-15-2012, 06:59 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Austin Aries is the best worker in the business, bar none. What a match he had with Hardy last night. Too bad he had to drop the belt, but it certainly didn't make him look weak and I expect another title run soon.

As for Roode and Storm, that's how you end a feud. It was a brawl, there was blood and they pounded the crap out of each other. I'm willing to bet that when they got to the back, everyone there gave them a standing ovation. Hopefully TNA will do them right and start getting them back into the title hunt.

I like where the Joey Ryan/Matt Morgan thing is going. I think it could make for interesting and I'm wondering if more would be joining this group (I think Doug Williams would be an excellent third).

Was kind of let down about Devon being in Aces & 8's. Hopefully it doesn't become an nWo thing where all of a sudden, everyone and anyone is joining. I think the angle might have lost some momentum, but it shouldn't be too hard to build up steam again.

All in all, it was a great pay per view. The booking team definitely deserves a thumbs up for how they've been booking things and the wrestlers were definitely on fire last night. The PPV had a real big fight feel to it and you could tell that everyone wanted to put on a good show.

Old
10-15-2012, 07:00 AM
Korppu

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRocket10 View Post
I hear they want to keep him happy so he stays with the company. Not sure how much truth there is to it.
That is exactly what is going on. His contract expires in February 2013 and the word is they are doing everything they can to keep their by far and away no. 1 merchandise seller.

Last edited by Korppu: 10-16-2012 at 08:10 AM.
Old
10-15-2012, 11:35 PM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

vCash: 1200
Send a message via MSN to Morozov
That PPV was awesome, I'm not thrilled with A Double no longer being champ either, but there's nothing wrong with the decision to do it, I'm just an Aries mark and would rather him be the champ. They put on a good clean match that wasn't overbooked, the results aren't up to me.

They worked everyone with Devon being revealed as part of Aces and 8s, all of the people who were saying omg can't believe they let Devon just leave when he is TV champ what a bush league company blah blah blah. As long as he isn't the leader, because that would suck. But the Impact crowd loved Devon and nobody expected it so it works out well to have him as part of it.

Storm and Roode's match was crazy, some Harris vs Storm deathmatch level ****.

Tara and Jesse thing was stupid, Tara is great she doesn't need this stupid little bit to help her.

If you aren't satisfied with that PPV then just don't bother watching because this is not for you and you will never be happy with it. Was it perfect? no, but a good PPV regardless.

Last edited by Morozov: 10-15-2012 at 11:41 PM.
Old
10-16-2012, 07:41 PM
Reality Check

Quote:
Originally Posted by David71 View Post
devon is the leader? lol
That, and giving Jeff Hardy a world title tells me that nothing has changed in TNA

Old
10-16-2012, 10:58 PM
The Last Baron*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
That, and giving Jeff Hardy a world title tells me that nothing has changed in TNA
Really?

Better than WWE, that's for sure.

Hardy is their top face, of course he was going to go over (and this is coming from an Aries mark).

Some people will just never be receptive to TNA because it's not WWE...despite WWE being crap these days. I'll take Hardy as champ over Ryback.

Old
10-17-2012, 12:06 AM
Swedish Puck Mafia
Best Poster 2013

vCash: 1582
It was a good PPV. Great wrestling, as usual. Kind of disappointing storylines, as usual.

Hardy as the champ is laughable at best. So many other, better wrestlers could be in that spot.

Old
10-17-2012, 03:31 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Puck Mafia View Post
It was a good PPV. Great wrestling, as usual. Kind of disappointing storylines, as usual.

Hardy as the champ is laughable at best. So many other, better wrestlers could be in that spot.
Hardy is the top face in the company, he sells the most merchandise in the company, he is the biggest draw of all the active wrestlers in the company. It's pretty simple to figure out why you put the belt on a guy like that. Just like why you put the belt on the Cena's and Punk's of the world.

I'm not happy that Hardy won because I love Aries, but it's crazy to try to suggest there is anything wrong with putting the belt on him. There simply is not an argument to be made against him unless you want to resort to pulling up his history, it's "laughable at best" that you seem to think putting the belt on the most popular guy in the company is laughable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
Devon isn't the leader, and what the hell are you talking about? Storm had the belt, lost it to Roode who had the longest run in company history, he then lost the belt to Aries, now it goes on to the biggest face in the company in Hardy and suddenly "nothing has changed" lmao. So typical that despite the clear evidence to the contrary, the moment the belt goes on a "WWE guy" we hear the same boring rhetoric, it's ridiculous really.

Last edited by Morozov: 10-17-2012 at 03:39 AM.
Old
10-17-2012, 06:56 AM
Swedish Puck Mafia
Best Poster 2013

vCash: 1582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morozov View Post
I'm not happy that Hardy won because I love Aries, but it's crazy to try to suggest there is anything wrong with putting the belt on him. There simply is not an argument to be made against him unless you want to resort to pulling up his history, it's "laughable at best" that you seem to think putting the belt on the most popular guy in the company is laughable.
I just plain don't like Jeff Hardy. It doesn't matter if he's a face or heel, I've never liked him or his brother. Sure, he can take some huge bumps, but he's not that great of wrestler.

That being said, I'd rather have Hardy with the belt than going back to the days of guys like Jeff Jarrett being champ ad nauseum.

Old
10-17-2012, 07:59 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Puck Mafia View Post
I just plain don't like Jeff Hardy. It doesn't matter if he's a face or heel, I've never liked him or his brother. Sure, he can take some huge bumps, but he's not that great of wrestler.

That being said, I'd rather have Hardy with the belt than going back to the days of guys like Jeff Jarrett being champ ad nauseum.
and I don't like Hardy either, and I love Aries, but that doesn't mean the decision to put the belt on him is "laughable at best" as you so eloquently put it, it just means that a guy you don't like has the belt. Being "that great of a wrestler" doesn't mean **** if you are the guy who is pushing the most merchandise. He isn't great in the ring but he isn't bad, compared to someone like Ryback he looks like ****ing Malenko lol.

Some need to appreciate the difference, just because a decision is something you don't like doesn't mean it's a bad decision. The decision makes complete sense from all of the actually important perspectives, he's the biggest draw they have, he's the biggest face in the company, he's the biggest merchandise mover in the company, if the dirtsheet report (I put very little stock into them) has any truth to it then it may help him stay with the company, these are things that actually matter. Soon Cena will have the belt again, and I'll hate it, because I hate Cena and I love Punk, but it won't mean that putting the belt on him will be a bad decision or laughable, it will just mean the mark in me is angry. Too many think booking decisions are bad because it isn't the guy they want getting something.

Old
10-17-2012, 10:52 AM
Crimson Skorpion

Awards:
I agree with that sentiment. As much as I dislike Jeff Hardy, him as the champion is good for business. Just like John Cena, he doesn't need to be the best wrestler in the company. If he can work matches with top stars and put on good to great matches, sell merchandise the way he does and remain over with most of the crowd, he'll get his chances at the title as well as title runs every now and then.

Closed Thread