Old
12-10-2012, 04:08 PM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Morozov
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
Fair enough on your first point as I dont really pay attention all the time as to who posts what, but from what I recently read I didnt think it all to be that bad. I agree with your point as well as his when it comes to Hardy...

To your point about your biggest draw always holding the belt and thats how wrestling works, well I think you need to think a bit more about that one as it isnt entirely true. I have been watching wrestling since I can remember, mainly NWA and World Class Wrestling, along with AWA and the WWF...its not my first rodeo... but it isnt ALWAYS the case (though it is likely) that your biggest draw holds the belt, and history has proven that ...

I get that Hardy likely has the most TNA fans, but my point was how does that draw newer fans in who either dont care about him or have seen him before in the WWE...and dont really like him???

Also you say that TNA has given the belt to 3 other people since the last time Hardy held the title...and then you say that I am complaining about Hardy being the champ.. First point is that you do remember why Hardy had the belt stripped from him..right? Using how many other champs there has been as a reason why it should go back to Hardy is crazy considering the circumstances he lost it. TNA did the right thing and they had to wait and make sure this guy wasnt going to kill himself, someone else, or wind up in jail before putting him back in the position they are... Its not like TNA was just rotating the belt to keep things fresh, if Hardy didnt screw up, who knows how long he would have held the belt and you know it..

but then you say people like me are complaining that Hardy is the champ... I am a bit confused in that respect as I have freedom of speech and expression, and just because I like other wrestlers better as the TNA champ, does not mean that I hate Jeff Hardy or I am complaining about him being the champ... Actually I cant recall me ever saying a bad thing about Hardy as champ, I only stated that I would like to see a few others as champ over him for the betterment of the company...thats not really a complaint more so a personal preference..

and to your final point about the WWE not letting Hardy walk... come on, lets be serious here for a moment. my comment was directed at the group I listed of guys like Angle, Anderson, Rakishi, Matt Hardy, Mick Foley, RVD, etc who the WWE had no problems walk away, fire, whatever... they felt that they dont need these guys to succeed. and however you look at Hardy, the same applies as the WWE felt the same with him as they got what they wanted out of him and he can do whatever he wants for TNA like the others...no single wrestler is a huge loss for them and thats how they have felt since Bret Hart jumped to WCW. as for putting the strap on him to prevent him to leave to the WWE which is being rumored and something I didnt create, well you must be a bit new to wrestling as bridges are never fully burned and the WWE will take you back pretty much regardless of what your past relationship was with them. you are a bit naive to think that the WWE wouldnt love to take the "most popular" TNA wrestler and then likely bring him in to great fanfare, only to burry him as a midcarder like we have seen many times before with ex TNA or WCW guys...

the WWE simply doesnt care how it looks to bring back their ex wrestlers, they never have..

bottom line for me is I like Jeff Hardy and as I said prior I am glad he is here... but for the overall growth of TNA and for its future, I just am not sure that Hardy is best suited as the champ...personal issues are a slight factor that cant be ignored either.
I didn't say the biggest draw always holds the belt though, I said your biggest draw will get runs with the belt. Once again they had THREE FIRST TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS before Hardy got the belt, and still people like you complain.

He's more likely to draw in new fans than anyone in TNA who for the most part nobody cares about outside of the type of people who watch TNA already lol? again, they had THREE FIRST TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS before his run, including Roode having the longest run in company history. New people were not drawn in. You know whose record Roode broke? AJ's, what happened with the ratings when AJ at the time went on the longest championship run? did it draw in new fans? no. Hardy is unquestionably a bigger draw than any of the guys you would be trumpeting for so? there's a hell of a lot more people in the world who know who Jeff Hardy is than AJ Styles, Austin Aries, Bobby Roode, James Storm.

I'm not using how many other champs there has been as a reason for the belt going back to Hardy lol, the reason the belt has gone back to him is pretty obvious for most people... the fact that I'm emphasizing that they had three new champions in a row should have made the point I was making clear enough. You are harping on about future growth and blah blah blah, yet they just came off a stretch of having three new, "non WWE guys" with the belt, then when they move it to the most popular guy in the company, people like yourself still aren't satisfied.

Some freedom of speech card now honestly lol?

What's not serious about saying WWE didn't let him walk? he left. When did I suggest the WWE wouldn't take him back lol? hell on this very forum I was saying that they would jump at the opportunity. You are a bit naive though if you think they would bring him back just to bury him to spite TNA when they could bring him back and actually make tons of money off him. Let me guess you want to turn around and point to Christian? sorry, despite this boards love of Christian, Jeff Hardy he is not.

Furthermore, for all of your talk of the "future" and blah blah blah

AJ 35
Hardy 35
Aries 34
Roode 35
Storm 35

Why oh why are they putting the belt on an ancient guy like Jeff? they should be utilizing the young talents for the future! 4/5 of these people have had the belt in recent memory, hell even AJ's long title run was recent enough for most fans to remember.

Last edited by Morozov: 12-10-2012 at 04:26 PM.
Old
12-10-2012, 04:10 PM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
-I thought the PPV was okay. Nothing crazy. The overbooking w/ Hogan and Brooke is a bit much. I really never want to see them on tv ever again. That's just my personal opinion.
Do you even know why AA and Bully Ray had a match?

Old
12-11-2012, 01:16 AM
ColePens
Global Moderator
THE National Champs

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morozov View Post
Do you even know why AA and Bully Ray had a match?
As I have said multiple times, I'm not a week-to-week viewer. If their feud has anything to do with the Hogans, count me out. It's 2012 and almost 2013 for crying out loud. I do not want Hulk or Brooke on my television channel unless he's doing a documentary of the old wrestling days. It's a huge turn off to a lot of wrestling fans.

Now remember - this is my person opinion. So before you get angry about it, it's okay if you like Hogan and view it differently. It's an opinion. However, I do think a lot of wrestling fans are the same as me and completely turned off any time Hogan runs down.

Old
12-11-2012, 01:23 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Quote:
As I have said multiple times, I'm not a week-to-week viewer. If their feud has anything to do with the Hogans, count me out. It's 2012 and almost 2013 for crying out loud. I do not want Hulk or Brooke on my television channel unless he's doing a documentary of the old wrestling days. It's a huge turn off to a lot of wrestling fans.

Now remember - this is my person opinion. So before you get angry about it, it's okay if you like Hogan and view it differently. It's an opinion. However, I do think a lot of wrestling fans are the same as me and completely turned off any time Hogan runs down.
Considering the entire reason they had a match was based around interactions with Brooke and Hulk, it's a bit of a waste of time complaining about them being involved in the match that came about as a result.

What is wrong with what Brooke does on Impact exactly? oh wait you wouldn't know because you don't actually watch and see her on TV, so why complain about her exactly? her impact (pun not intended) on the show is so minimal that I can't fathom why anyone would want to make a big deal about her beyond simply hating a Hogan for the sake of hating a Hogan.

What part of Brooke's like 2 minutes on screen each week on a show you don't watch turns you off her so much? but she's linked to Bully now, so count you out of enjoying the work of arguably the best heel in the business for a while now I guess. Count you out of enjoying the work of Aries, Ryan and Morgan too since they have drama with Hulk, suit yourself

Last edited by Morozov: 12-11-2012 at 01:31 AM.
Old
12-11-2012, 01:45 AM
ColePens
Global Moderator
THE National Champs

Quote:
Considering the entire reason they had a match was based around interactions with Brooke and Hulk, it's a bit of a waste of time complaining about them being involved in the match that came about as a result.

What is wrong with what Brooke does on Impact exactly? oh wait you wouldn't know because you don't actually watch and see her on TV, so why complain about her exactly? her impact (pun not intended) on the show is so minimal that I can't fathom why anyone would want to make a big deal about her beyond simply hating a Hogan for the sake of hating a Hogan.

What part of Brooke's like 2 minutes on screen each week on a show you don't watch turns you off her so much? but she's linked to Bully now, so count you out of enjoying the work of arguably the best heel in the business for a while now I guess. Count you out of enjoying the work of Aries, Ryan and Morgan too since they have drama with Hulk, suit yourself
That's your typical defense mechanism, Morozov. Always has and always will be. I respect that you want to enjoy TNA. Don't get me wrong. I'm not just dogging it to dog it. But there is no reason Hulk Hogan is still runnin' wild. It's 2012. That's all that has to be said.

It's not just me. It's probably the majority of the wrestling fan base that just doesn't need to see Hogan or his family on wrestling ever again. It's just such a turn off.

But I'm not going to get into a long winded argument with you. As you can see, you already started going off-topic and disguising your Hogan debate with talking about guys like Morgan who weren't even in the discussion. If TNA wants to gain viewers, then it has to be people like me who tune in every now and again when a card looks great. We have to be given something that says "oh ****... i'm DEFINITELY watching next week!" They aren't a well-oiled machine like WWE. Give me a reason to tune in.

Old
12-11-2012, 01:53 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Quote:
That's your typical defense mechanism, Morozov. Always has and always will be. I respect that you want to enjoy TNA. Don't get me wrong. I'm not just dogging it to dog it. But there is no reason Hulk Hogan is still runnin' wild. It's 2012. That's all that has to be said.

It's not just me. It's probably the majority of the wrestling fan base that just doesn't need to see Hogan or his family on wrestling ever again. It's just such a turn off.

But I'm not going to get into a long winded argument with you. As you can see, you already started going off-topic and disguising your Hogan debate with talking about guys like Morgan who weren't even in the discussion. If TNA wants to gain viewers, then it has to be people like me who tune in every now and again when a card looks great. We have to be given something that says "oh ****... i'm DEFINITELY watching next week!" They aren't a well-oiled machine like WWE. Give me a reason to tune in.
Umm what lol? I'm simply asking, what part of the like 2 minutes of Brooke being on Impact each week is making it so bad for you?

Clearly you don't have an answer to that question, except that apparently the "majority of the wrestling fan base" (because, you know, you know what the majority of the wrestling fan base thinks lol) doesn't need to see them on TV. Again I ask, what part of Brooke's 2 minutes on each week is so bad exactly?

How am I going off topic? you said anything to do with the Hogans count you out, so that means Bully, Morgan, Joey, Aries, count you out of all of them, since they are all interacting with a Hogan at the moment.

and you're really flattering yourself by saying if they want to gain viewers it has to be people like you lol come on. They've put on some fantastic PPV's lately, and good writing to go with it and PPVs are not to lure new people in so it's a pretty nonsensical argument to try to make. They aren't trying to lure in weekly viewers through people illegally streaming the PPVs sporadically, the PPV is for people who have watched the show and subsequently understand the context behind what is happening.

Last edited by Morozov: 12-11-2012 at 02:19 AM.
Old
12-11-2012, 09:04 AM
ColePens
Global Moderator
THE National Champs

Quote:
Umm what lol? I'm simply asking, what part of the like 2 minutes of Brooke being on Impact each week is making it so bad for you?

Clearly you don't have an answer to that question, except that apparently the "majority of the wrestling fan base" (because, you know, you know what the majority of the wrestling fan base thinks lol) doesn't need to see them on TV. Again I ask, what part of Brooke's 2 minutes on each week is so bad exactly?

How am I going off topic? you said anything to do with the Hogans count you out, so that means Bully, Morgan, Joey, Aries, count you out of all of them, since they are all interacting with a Hogan at the moment.

and you're really flattering yourself by saying if they want to gain viewers it has to be people like you lol come on. They've put on some fantastic PPV's lately, and good writing to go with it and PPVs are not to lure new people in so it's a pretty nonsensical argument to try to make. They aren't trying to lure in weekly viewers through people illegally streaming the PPVs sporadically, the PPV is for people who have watched the show and subsequently understand the context behind what is happening.
A lot of people might fall for you Fehr like tactics of trying to frustrate the opposition but I already know your tricks. There completely went off-topic because you disagree with me regarding the Hogan/Brooke being on television. Don't make something harder than it really is, Morozov. Keep. It. Simple.

The fact is, they don't draw and I really am so sick of seeing them. It's a huge turn off.

But instead of looking for the one point to drive home, why not celebrate that I did think Daniels/AJ was a good match? Or maybe talk about how the tag match was a huge mess? Or talk about Hardy as a champ. Or... you can waste times and talk about why/why not Hogan deserves to be on television. Then you bring up the entire PPV as a whole. It wasn't that good. I gave them credit for some good PPVs and it was me who changed the thread title prior that said "Back with solid PPVs" But that's just a way to take the argument down a path it never needed to go to all because I didn't like Hogan.

Come on, man. We've been there done that.

Old
12-11-2012, 11:50 AM
MarleauApologist
fun must be alwalys

Brooke spends a lot more than 2 minutes per show, and why make the whole feud about the Hogan family? Hogan does not draw like he used to, most people who see him and his daughter right now see how terrible they look, it does not help a young promotion like TNA.

Bully Ray Vs. Austin Aries has ridiculous chemistry, but why add in Brooke and Hulk? Why not start it over something else, because this is the best feud in wrestling right now.

Also, while Jeff is equal in age, Jeff will not be able to do in 5 years what these guys can. (he can't right now)

He may as well be wobbling like Hogan by the time he turns 42, and even if his name draws, Hardy is hurting the product.

Old
12-11-2012, 04:41 PM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Quote:
A lot of people might fall for you Fehr like tactics of trying to frustrate the opposition but I already know your tricks. There completely went off-topic because you disagree with me regarding the Hogan/Brooke being on television. Don't make something harder than it really is, Morozov. Keep. It. Simple.

The fact is, they don't draw and I really am so sick of seeing them. It's a huge turn off.

But instead of looking for the one point to drive home, why not celebrate that I did think Daniels/AJ was a good match? Or maybe talk about how the tag match was a huge mess? Or talk about Hardy as a champ. Or... you can waste times and talk about why/why not Hogan deserves to be on television. Then you bring up the entire PPV as a whole. It wasn't that good. I gave them credit for some good PPVs and it was me who changed the thread title prior that said "Back with solid PPVs" But that's just a way to take the argument down a path it never needed to go to all because I didn't like Hogan.

Come on, man. We've been there done that.
Lol you are the one making things complicated, I'm simply asking you, what part of the like two minutes of air time Brooke gets on a show you don't watch each week has turned you off her so much? what has she been doing that is worth such disdain from you? what is wrong with what she has done in TNA so far aside from her last name being Hogan?

The fact is, most of the roster doesn't draw to the standards most wish to apply, do away with all of them I guess.

That's cool though, you keep trying to avoid a simple question by making it about me. Whatever man I'm above simply hating someone because of their last name. All you've managed to say is you're sick of seeing them. Again, you're sick of seeing Brooke 2 minutes a week on a show you don't watch? OK.

Old
12-11-2012, 04:55 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
THE National Champs

Quote:
Lol you are the one making things complicated, I'm simply asking you, what part of the like two minutes of air time Brooke gets on a show you don't watch each week has turned you off her so much? what has she been doing that is worth such disdain from you? what is wrong with what she has done in TNA so far aside from her last name being Hogan?

The fact is, most of the roster doesn't draw to the standards most wish to apply, do away with all of them I guess.

That's cool though, you keep trying to avoid a simple question by making it about me. Whatever man I'm above simply hating someone because of their last name. All you've managed to say is you're sick of seeing them. Again, you're sick of seeing Brooke 2 minutes a week on a show you don't watch? OK.
You focused in on one part of my review then make it out to be that the biggest factor of me not watching TNA is Hogan. Come on, now. It's a complete turn off but there are plenty of things that turn me off on the WWE. I focus on those in the WWE thread, though.

But yes - I can safely say and time Hogan is on, I am immediately turned off. It's beyond old. It's kind of just sad.

But let's agree to disagree on whatever this argument is about. And we will move on to TNA discussion.

Old
12-11-2012, 05:07 PM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Quote:
You focused in on one part of my review then make it out to be that the biggest factor of me not watching TNA is Hogan. Come on, now. It's a complete turn off but there are plenty of things that turn me off on the WWE. I focus on those in the WWE thread, though.

But yes - I can safely say and time Hogan is on, I am immediately turned off. It's beyond old. It's kind of just sad.

But let's agree to disagree on whatever this argument is about. And we will move on to TNA discussion.
Again, I'm just simply asking what part of Brooke's 2 minutes a week on the show that you don't watch is such a turn off. This is a very, very simple question, I'm just interested in what you think Brooke is doing so badly but you don't seem to be able to answer that which truth be told is exactly what I expected would be the case but thought I'd give you an opportunity anyway.

End of the day, if you don't like anyone named Hogan then there's not much point in trying to watch a show where Hulk Hogan is the main on screen authority figure.

Old
12-12-2012, 05:54 AM
kevinsane
Lundqvist clone.

You two would make a better feud than anything Hulk Hofan could dream up.

Old
12-13-2012, 02:07 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Just read that Buff Bagwell will be talking with Bischoff and Sting about possibly returning to TNA in 2 weeks...

not really sure what to make of that as I have always liked Buff as he is a great personality, but was never that great in the ring...

I think he would be a good addition on the mic or helping put some other wrestlers over, but I really cant see it being much more then that if at all..

Old
12-13-2012, 02:13 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

not really sure what he brings to the company personally

Old
12-14-2012, 12:28 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Yeah I don't really see what he would offer, though I'd definitely mark out for Buff if I saw him show up because he's the stuff.

Old
12-17-2012, 02:27 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

I also have to say...damn glad to see those pigeons again! Holla Velvet Sky!!

Old
12-17-2012, 02:37 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
I also have to say...damn glad to see those pigeons again! Holla Velvet Sky!!
cosign

Old
12-23-2012, 12:15 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
THE National Champs

And this is the reason why I cannot stand Hulk Hogan:

Quote:
"Knee surgery I’ve had eight back surgeries, I’ve had knee replacements, I’ve had both hip replacements. I only need one more surgery – to fix my right knee – then I’m going to go for the TNA world title. I want to be 59 years old and be the champion."
http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/2657...world-champion

Obviously.. this was asking a Christmas question and I don't know if it was supposed to be humor or not, but I could believe it.

Old
12-23-2012, 02:20 PM
M.C.G. 31

vCash: 50
I think hogan is working people. At least i hope he is...

Old
12-23-2012, 04:32 PM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Hogan not allowed to joke around apparently, nevermind that he constantly puts the roster over for how young and talented they are. It's asking about christmas wishes lol way to blow crap out of proportion.

Old
01-04-2013, 08:42 AM
Axman
MoreSkilledThanYou

I found myself watching a bit of Impact last night...

I know its part of a storyline but Hulk Hogan suspends Bully Ray for having an inappropriate relationship?
He tells him there is a code in the locker room that apparently he didn't live up to and that he doesn't belong in the business anymore?
How ironic.

In the cage match at the end, they could have spiced Sting's rescue up a bit by playing his entrance music.
The Aces and 8's masked man is revealed to be a former WWE jobber. Dear Lord.

Old
01-04-2013, 08:59 AM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

yeah...a great storyline is slowly starting to crumble....but still into it...

Old
01-04-2013, 09:08 AM
Axman
MoreSkilledThanYou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
yeah...a great storyline is slowly starting to crumble....but still into it...
Yeah, I'll still watch too because its wrestling and I'll always like Sting and Hardy but I expected more.
Angle was great but Sting looked pretty relaxed during his rescue in the cage; not a lot of emotion.
It would've been a good idea to use an unexpected, dramatic Undertaker-like entrance but he walked out to no music.

The camera work was comedic; they missed parts of the unmasking with Kurt Angle.

I'm way cool with the idea of a heel Hogan but I like Bully Ray as a heel, not a face. I suppose they're going with the power couple thing ala Triple H/ Stephanie McMahon.

I don't always watch TNA so maybe this was just a bad show which isn't good since they have a PPV coming up in a couple weeks I believe.

Old
01-04-2013, 09:14 AM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

i think i've stated it several times in this thread, that I feel like the writing is better, but as we have all said, until they're out of the "Impact Zone" for tapings its going to continue to feel bushleague

i wasn't really a fan of last night's show, but it did start pushing storylines further...like is Anderson really with As and 8s? or is it a swerve...etc

Old
01-04-2013, 01:42 PM
CaptainCrunch67

I wasn't much of a fan of last nights show at all, I thought the story line stuff was all over the map and just not great.

The Hogan veresus Hogan and Bully Ray suspension thing was utterly petearded, I'm just waiting for Hogan sometime in the future to yell, "It was me Bully Ray, it was me all along"

I think the Aces and 8's thing went a little off the rails last night, and revealing another member who I won't name for reasons of spoilers was the ultimate who cares moment.

Ken Anderson just grinds my gears and not in a good way, the guy just really needs a character refresher.

Having Sting basically kick the crap out of a heel group by himself just dosen't do much to feed the air of menance that is needed for A and 8's to work.

Overall with a ppv coming up it was just not a very good show.

Closed Thread