TNA Impact Discussion Thread ; NO SPOILERS

Closed Thread

Old
06-24-2012, 09:53 PM
Prussian_Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
i agree on the BFG stuff...i feel the matches mean more when its about the points and a final end with the series...and like it was said, it made the careers of Roode and Storm and I'm sure someone else will be elevated this year...
My money's on Austin Aries; can't see how he would not get a major push in the coming months.

Old
06-25-2012, 12:12 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Send a message via MSN to Morozov
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post
My money's on Austin Aries; can't see how he would not get a major push in the coming months.
Aries isn't even in the BFG series so you may want to put your money away, fortunately he's already been getting a big push in recent times and is continuing to do so. Looks like he's going to get that elevation without needing it to come from the BFG series which is great.

I'm sure he will lose to Roode and we'll hear "OMG WORST BOOKING DECISION IN HISTORY THIS IS WHY THIS COMPANY WILL NEVER COMPETE WITH WWE" or something equally stupid.

It is nice that they found a way to elevate the X Division title despite the fact that Aries is basically throwing it away. Obviously the World Title should be > all but it was still going to be kind of lame for him to just give it up, but now with the Aries clause or whatever they'll call it, it makes the X Division title worth even more.

HOPEFULLY when A Double vacates the X Division title, they use it as an opportunity to rebuild the X Division properly with a good tournament, bringing in a couple of new faces. That would be ideal.

Old
06-25-2012, 08:44 AM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

agreed...the only thing that I haven't liked the last couple of weeks is the AJ/Dixie/Daniels/Kaz thing...trying to give the benefit of the doubt, but it's over the top for me...but hey, they're trying something...so props for that...

and I kinda like the theory of the Open Fight Night...it gives meaning to some feuds and is a way to open some new ones... "hey, I don't like you, I want to fight you" is the easiest way to start a feud imo

Old
06-26-2012, 02:38 AM
Swedish Puck Mafia
Break The HeMan Down

vCash: 50
TNA used to be watchable, then Hogan and Bischoff got hired and the company became WCW part 2.

Writing was never a strong point for the company. They had great wrestling, but would frequently ruin good matches with horrible endings.

For a few years, they were a company that was a good writing/booking staff from being a legitimate threat to the WWE. Then they shot themselves by hiring Hogan.

Last edited by Swedish Puck Mafia: 06-26-2012 at 02:44 AM.
Old
06-30-2012, 09:21 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Was so awesome that Jigsaw showed up even though he lost, having Dutt is good too but would have loved Jigsaw to stick around.

Looks like they're pretty much doing exactly what I wanted with the X Division atm which is great, some sweet X Division matches this week, looking forward to who else they bring out in the build up to Destination X. As long as they actually have some guys who are going to stick around after Destination X then that will be dandy.

Old
06-30-2012, 10:51 AM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

will be interesting to see if they continue with x division storylines...but I'm thinking they won't...there were several good matches...and I like the build for Roode/Aries....i really want to see that match

Old
06-30-2012, 07:58 PM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

I dont even care if there isn't much in the way of storylines in the X Division just load it back up with some guys who can give great matches again.

Old
06-30-2012, 08:30 PM
Shoalzie

Didn't see Impact this week...caught the results on WrestlingData...when did Sonjay Dutt come back to TNA?

Old
06-30-2012, 08:41 PM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoalzie View Post
Didn't see Impact this week...caught the results on WrestlingData...when did Sonjay Dutt come back to TNA?
Just came back this week.

They're bringing in a whole bunch of guys to compete for the X Division title and he was part of that.

Old
07-01-2012, 12:29 AM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

me personally, i need a reason to care about the character...a good/great match isn't enough...

Old
07-01-2012, 02:57 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Just bring back Low Ki

please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please

Old
07-01-2012, 07:34 PM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Low Ki is doing indies in USA (DGUSA and EVOLVE) and doing quite well for himself in Japan.

I doubt he has any interest in TNA, and maybe TNA feels the same way towards him at this point.

Old
07-01-2012, 09:34 PM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morozov View Post
Just bring back Low Ki

please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please
He's badass. One of the most intense guys I've ever seen.

Old
07-02-2012, 02:37 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
Low Ki is doing indies in USA (DGUSA and EVOLVE) and doing quite well for himself in Japan.

I doubt he has any interest in TNA, and maybe TNA feels the same way towards him at this point.
Being on the US Indy scene doesn't exactly stop him doing something for TNA as well.

He did Destination X last year so I'll remain hopeful that he can at least do even a one off appearance again this year.

Old
07-02-2012, 07:13 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

didn't look it up, but why am i thinking that they ended on bad terms the last time he was in TNA...

Old
07-03-2012, 06:36 AM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
didn't look it up, but why am i thinking that they ended on bad terms the last time he was in TNA...
I think because they did.

Quote:
During December 2007, it was reported that Senshi had submitted his resignation to TNA and he left the promotion shortly after. In 2008, Silvestry helped TNA during the development of its first ever video game by providing both voicing and motion capture for the game's protagonist, Suicide.

Though there was this:

Quote:
Return to TNA (2011)

On June 27, 2011, Low Ki returned to TNA at the tapings of the June 30 edition of Impact Wrestling, defeating Jimmy Yang and Matt Bentley in a three–way match to advance to a four–way match for a TNA contract at Destination X.[76][77] At the pay-per-view, Low Ki was defeated in the finals by Austin Aries.[78]

Old
07-03-2012, 08:24 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

IIRC Dixie had a meeting with all of the roster where she said if anyone wants to leave they can be released and Low Ki was the only one that did.

But as posted, he did the voice work for the TNA game not long after that and he came and did Destination X last year so there is little reason to believe there's any bad blood.

When he left it was probably more akin to when he left WWE, he's not the type to just stay somewhere for money if he doesn't like the way his character is being used and he'll happily just move along.

Last edited by Morozov: 07-03-2012 at 08:34 AM.
Old
07-06-2012, 08:11 AM
Duddy
Everyday is

Poor Chris Sabin. Dude looked legit sad out there.

Last edited by Duddy: 07-06-2012 at 06:11 PM.
Old
07-07-2012, 09:00 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Yeah man sucks for the fans that we don't get to see him in action so long but must suck even more for him to not be able to get out there and do what he loves doing

Kenny ****ing King though yeah! hopefully he, Jigsaw and Sonjay stick around post Destination X. That would help fleshing out the X Division big time.

Destination X card looks sooooooooooo good.

- Roode/Aries
- Angle/Joe
- AJ/Daniels (yes it's been done A LOT but whatever the case you know the match will always be awesome)
- Four way with Rubix, Lars Only, Mason Andrews and Dakota Darsow for the final spot in X Division tournament.
- The singles matches between Kash, Sonjay, Zema Ion, Douglas Williams, Kenny King, Rashad Cameron, Cassanova , the winner of the 4 way (hopefully Jigsaw)
- Ultimate X which is basically always awesome. Hopefully Sonjay vs King vs Rubix vs Ion, put the belt on King, build the new post A Double X Division around him.

Can't wait for this one, most excited I've been for a PPV in a while.

Last edited by Morozov: 07-07-2012 at 09:11 AM.
Old
07-07-2012, 09:33 AM
Duddy
Everyday is

Is that 4way confirmed? can't remember if they announced it or not.
Somehow, someway, I think that Joey Ryan sneaks into this tournament or at least onto the PPV.

wouldn't surprise me to see some kind of Storm/Anderson/RVD/Hardy match on the card as well or 3 of them vs. the guys who attacked Sting or something.

Excited for the show on Thursday and the PPV.

Old
07-07-2012, 11:17 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Yeah it was confirmed on Dixie's Twitter.

We can only hope Joey Ryan ends up involved somehow, if not then hopefully post PPV he shows up on Impact or something, definitely want him around.

Not sure if they'll have enough time to add in any further matches with 9 on the card already.

Old
07-07-2012, 12:57 PM
Duddy
Everyday is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morozov View Post
Yeah it was confirmed on Dixie's Twitter.

We can only hope Joey Ryan ends up involved somehow, if not then hopefully post PPV he shows up on Impact or something, definitely want him around.

Not sure if they'll have enough time to add in any further matches with 9 on the card already.
True true, but somehow in my mind I did not have the PPV tomorrow, I still had a normal Impact show before the PPV.

With all the stuff Ryan has on his youtube page, as well as him and Taz getting in fights on the radio, I can see him being there and causing some trouble.

Old
07-08-2012, 09:53 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

OK, what AJ Styles just did is friggin INSANE!!!! that was a bump now

Old
07-08-2012, 10:47 PM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Damn, came into the thread not realizing this was on yet (going to watch it in the evening my time), lucky I didn't stumble across any spoilers

Got me more excited now though

Old
07-08-2012, 10:48 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

i won't spoil anything then...but Aries/Roode is a clinic IMO...a really well done match

Closed Thread