The Devil Killer

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Morozov
It's cool I'm going to remove myself from the thread now haha

Old
07-08-2012, 09:52 PM
The Last Baron*

vCash: 500
AWESOME booking decision - TNA has handled Aries' push perfectly.

Old
07-08-2012, 09:52 PM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Great match and a great moment.

GREAT Balls from TNA to make this move, too. WOW!

Old
07-08-2012, 10:00 PM
El Dandy*
...Menace To Society

vCash: 163
Good decision.

I believe, though, this is a more or less a hot shot of the title. It will be back on Roode within the next 6 weeks (but 6 weeks isn't exactly hot shotting, so I digress).

They could afford to do it now because theere is still time for an Aries run and then getting it back on Roode and still set up the end game of Roode/Storm at BFG.

Old
07-08-2012, 10:34 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

hopefully you guys caught the PPV, for me the best PPV of the year from top to bottom...any promotion... (although i've missed quite a few ROH ones so feel free to correct me)

really impressedwith how it was booked...and I cannot wait for Joe/Aries for the belt (i can hope, right?)

I hope this move gives TNA the spark it needs going forward...a good ratings bump would do good for them...and more matches like tonight...

Old
07-08-2012, 10:54 PM
Topshelf8188
Boston Strong

Very excited to see where TNA goes with this.

Old
07-08-2012, 10:55 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

That was a fantastic PPV tonight that TNA put on. Maybe it's just me, but I think Hogan FINALLY gets it and that Bruce Pritchard has really been given big clout there in terms of booking. That was probably the best PPV from start to finish that I've seen this year. It was off the chart good.

If TNA can go forward, I think they need to put Aries in an Iron Man Match to really get him over and put him in the Shawn Michaels/Bret Hart echelon of performer. As for Bobby Roode, what more can be said about the MVP wrestler of the year so far. He's been so good, I'm sure Vince and company are kicking themselves for letting him walk. He'll be champ again. He's just so effing good at what he does.

And how about Samoa Joe finally getting back on track. Steve Austin thought he was the most misused talent in TNA and it looks like Pritchard is building him up for a monster run.

This was just a solid, solid, solid show. Great stuff!!!!

Old
07-09-2012, 07:47 AM
The Last Baron*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Express View Post
Good decision.

I believe, though, this is a more or less a hot shot of the title. It will be back on Roode within the next 6 weeks (but 6 weeks isn't exactly hot shotting, so I digress).

They could afford to do it now because theere is still time for an Aries run and then getting it back on Roode and still set up the end game of Roode/Storm at BFG.
Honestly, Roode/Storm doesn't need the title and quite frankly I'd rather see TNA to ride the momentum with Aries. Right now, he's the most over face in TNA and they need to keep milking it rather than wrecking it for the overhyped Roode/Storm rematch. I'm a fan of both, but their match at Lockdown was a flop and I'd rather see a main event that wasn't written in stone for months.

Old
07-09-2012, 08:19 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

AA is TNAs CM Punk. Great talent on the mic and good wrestler. TNA can not screw this up, if they can ride him to prominace that would be amazing

Old
07-09-2012, 09:01 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Best TNA or WWE PPV this year hands down. You don't have to agree that it was the best of the year, but anyone who didn't think that was awesome needs to just stop watching because you will never be satisfied.

Last edited by Morozov: 07-09-2012 at 09:09 AM.
Old
07-09-2012, 09:53 AM
chuckdobbins

A friend of mine who is a big ROH fan texted me last night that Aries won the title and it was a phenomenal ppv. I rarely tune in for TNA events but I'm a little upset I missed a good one.

Old
07-09-2012, 11:22 AM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
A friend of mine who is a big ROH fan texted me last night that Aries won the title and it was a phenomenal ppv. I rarely tune in for TNA events but I'm a little upset I missed a good one.
Same here CD. Missed this one and disappointed I did. Interested to see how it all plays out after reading the results.

Should have a nice audience tuned in for the live show.

Old
07-09-2012, 11:46 AM
chuckdobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
Same here CD. Missed this one and disappointed I did. Interested to see how it all plays out after reading the results.

Should have a nice audience tuned in for the live show.
I'm pleasantly surprised they gave the strap to Aries, so I'm definitely more interesting in tuning into Impact now. We will see how long that lasts. Certainly a ballsy move by giving him the title.

Old
07-09-2012, 02:36 PM
El Dandy*
...Menace To Society

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBertho View Post
Honestly, Roode/Storm doesn't need the title and quite frankly I'd rather see TNA to ride the momentum with Aries. Right now, he's the most over face in TNA and they need to keep milking it rather than wrecking it for the overhyped Roode/Storm rematch. I'm a fan of both, but their match at Lockdown was a flop and I'd rather see a main event that wasn't written in stone for months.
Disagree.

Roode/Storm is just as much about the title as it is about their past relationship. It NEEDS the title.

It would be a huge mistake to just throw away the build and time they have invested in the angle in favor of the flavor of the month.

I am all for Aries getting a run with the title, but at the cost of this excellent long term booking?

What they did last night was the right thing. Struck while the iron was hot and they had the time to do it where it wouldn't affect end game programs. Now, the next right thing is giving it back to Roode at one of the next 2 PPV's (and I would imagine it would be the next one because you can't have Aries beat Roode 2 PPV's in a row) and then the right move after that is making this whole thing come full circle with Storm/Roode at BFG for the title.

Old
07-09-2012, 02:58 PM
The Last Baron*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Express View Post
Disagree.

Roode/Storm is just as much about the title as it is about their past relationship. It NEEDS the title.

It would be a huge mistake to just throw away the build and time they have invested in the angle in favor of the flavor of the month.

I am all for Aries getting a run with the title, but at the cost of this excellent long term booking?

What they did last night was the right thing. Struck while the iron was hot and they had the time to do it where it wouldn't affect end game programs. Now, the next right thing is giving it back to Roode at one of the next 2 PPV's (and I would imagine it would be the next one because you can't have Aries beat Roode 2 PPV's in a row) and then the right move after that is making this whole thing come full circle with Storm/Roode at BFG for the title.
At this point Aries is more over than Storm.

Storm is suffering from miserable booking when he's not involved with Roode. I also think Storm winning the BFG series and Rooder getting the title back is far too predictable. TNA has an opportunity to go down a different path and lead to a face vs. face main event with Aries vs. Hardy/Styles or both.

If Aries' momentum keeps rolling, you simply cannot take the title off of him.

Old
07-09-2012, 03:17 PM
El Dandy*
...Menace To Society

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBertho View Post
At this point Aries is more over than Storm.

Storm is suffering from miserable booking when he's not involved with Roode. I also think Storm winning the BFG series and Rooder getting the title back is far too predictable. TNA has an opportunity to go down a different path and lead to a face vs. face main event with Aries vs. Hardy/Styles or both.

If Aries' momentum keeps rolling, you simply cannot take the title off of him.
Sure you can.

As long as they don't take it off of him this Thursday, they can beat Aries by Roode doing an attack before the match or win it dirty in order to keep Aries strong.

I am just against throwing away months of very solid long term booking for the flavor of the month. They have invested a bunch into Roode and in the potential Roode/Storm match and to throw it away would be terrible.

They can still solidify Aries and make him look good depending on how they follow this up and the good thing for TNA is that they have like 6 weeks to get it back on Roode. They have time to get things back where they need to be, and alos strike the hot iron and make a new star in Aries. It's a great problem to have. They don't have to do it Thursday or at the next PPV per se, but just as long as they do it by the Thursday after No Surrender.

Who cares about program predictability? At the Rumble we have a general idea of who/what the main thing is gonna be, and this is no exception.

Old
07-09-2012, 09:58 PM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

I love how over Aries is as a face and yet when he comes out and the crowd is all like "Aries Aries Aries" he's like "shut up I'm trying to talk, I know what my name is", his character isn't buying into the idea of being a face at all.

Old
07-09-2012, 11:54 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

the other night on Impact the crowd was going with the DBD "YES YES YES" and he told them that we got it...i liked that...

Old
07-10-2012, 08:56 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

I know Hogan gets bashed quite a bit for a lot of his decisions, but as of late, him, Pritchard and Bischoff have really upped the story lines. They've done a fantastic job in terms of building angles and story lines and they really need to be commended for doing a great job. Yes, it certainly helps that there's great talent in TNA, but this is the kind of booking the promotion has sorely needed.

Hopefully the weekly live shows will continue and that they'll start going on the road with the weekly shows. The only drawback to the PPV was the crowd and it's clear that the Universal Studios crowd is made up of 40% wrestling fans and 60% visitors that probably don't care as much. If they can start doing live tv from various places, I think that will also draw a bigger crowd and really start pushing them over the top. But the strong story writing and angles need to continue. They can't get complacent.

Old
07-10-2012, 09:10 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

I'm pretty sure they're only scheduled to be live throughout Summer.

Hopefully once that comes to an end it will have proved worthy of becoming a permanent thing.

Old
07-10-2012, 11:35 PM
CaptainCrunch67

TNA could be in real trouble marketing wise as DirectTV will be dropping Viacom channels at midnight tonight. The Viacom channels include Spike T.V. home of TNA programming. This means that SpikeTV will lose over 40 million households.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2012/0710/554200/

Old
07-12-2012, 07:36 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

its the little things that make a difference to me... AJ bringing back the "Get ready to fly" portion of his entrance music..

Old
07-12-2012, 09:22 PM
chuckdobbins

I watched off and on tonight, it was ok, but had an amateur feel to it that I didn't like. Almost like they gave a bunch of college kids handycams and said "stand here and point the camera this way!"

The wrestling was good for a weekly program, as were the promos. Austin Aries is an amazing talent, they are lucky to have him and I'm stunned it took this long for him to get the strap. The main event of Angle vs Mr Kennedy was alright, but lost a lot of momentum cuz of how they spliced in the commercials (which goes along with the amateur feel).

Overall, something is way off and I can't quite put my finger on it. I'm not sure if it's the awkward backstage segments, the camera work, the poorly timed commercials, or the fact that Mike Tenay is the mouthpiece of the show.

Old
07-12-2012, 09:40 PM
Gobo
What's Your Issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
Hogan and co.ruined the company.

Right before Hogan came in, TNA had two of their best PPVs of all time. Hasn't been the same since.
This x1000000

Old
07-12-2012, 10:48 PM
HajdukSplit

vCash: 214
TNA is putting on better shows since they have gone live, sure they are not perfect, but better than the crap they were putting on TV months ago.

I still think they need to ditch the Impact Zone once in a while, its ok doing a show monthly there, but they need to go on the road more where there will be a more passionate fanbase rather than tourists who are instructed who to cheer and what to chant

Closed Thread