HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What ever happened to Tarasov?

Closed Thread

Old
12-03-2004, 08:34 AM
Mike The Wall

vCash: 500
What ever happened to Tarasov?

Would anybody kn0ow why Tarasov is not a prospect for the habs any more and what is he up to now.

Old
12-03-2004, 10:42 AM
LePoche69

I have the same question for Buturlin and Bashkirov...

Old
12-03-2004, 12:24 PM
NWT Habs Fan

Vadim Tarasov turns 28 on New Year's Eve and currently plays net for Novokurnetsk Mettalurg of the RSL. He has played with them since 02-03 after playing in Quebec with the Citadelles in 01-02.

Andre Bashkirov is 34 years old and plays for Cherepovets Severstal of the RSL after 4 seasons in the Swiss league with Lausanne. He has 1 point in 6 games played. He last played for the Habs and the Citadelles in 99-00.

Alex Buturlin is playing in his third straight season with Tolyatti Lada in the RSL. The 23 year old has 11 points in 31 games. He attended a Habs camp after being drafted (he played juniors in Sarnia of the OHL for two years after being drafted in 1999), but has yet to make any recent noise about coming over to play pro hockey in North America.

Buturlin is still quite young, is enjoying decent success in the RSL, and the Habs still own his NHL rights, so he still could come over to North America at some point. I would be surprised if we saw the other two in North America again.

Old
12-03-2004, 01:01 PM
LePoche69

Thanks... If we have to put those three players back in our prospect's ranking, where would they rank?

Old
12-03-2004, 06:31 PM
Arel

at 28 , 23 , and 34.... these guys are NOT prospects.

Old
12-03-2004, 06:44 PM
Mr. Hab

Where's Fiset?!!

Old
12-03-2004, 06:52 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWT Habs Fan
Vadim Tarasov turns 28 on New Year's Eve and currently plays net for Novokurnetsk Mettalurg of the RSL. He has played with them since 02-03 after playing in Quebec with the Citadelles in 01-02.

Andre Bashkirov is 34 years old and plays for Cherepovets Severstal of the RSL after 4 seasons in the Swiss league with Lausanne. He has 1 point in 6 games played. He last played for the Habs and the Citadelles in 99-00.

Alex Buturlin is playing in his third straight season with Tolyatti Lada in the RSL. The 23 year old has 11 points in 31 games. He attended a Habs camp after being drafted (he played juniors in Sarnia of the OHL for two years after being drafted in 1999), but has yet to make any recent noise about coming over to play pro hockey in North America.

Buturlin is still quite young, is enjoying decent success in the RSL, and the Habs still own his NHL rights, so he still could come over to North America at some point. I would be surprised if we saw the other two in North America again.

Hey Don you forgot Bashkirov's stint in the RHI, the roller hockey league.

Alll 3 guys have been a part of the Senior National team for Russia, which is good to see. Buturlin I wouldn't mind seeing over here someday as he plays a good defensive game and has good size, but I would be surprised if he ever came over.

One of our Russian picks that seems to be having a very solid season is Andrei Kruchinin. '98, 7th round, 189th overall. He has been paired with Alexi Yemelin at points this year and is having a career year stats wise. He is leading his team in scoring for defensemen and he's only 4 pts less then teammate Buturlin.

Old
12-03-2004, 06:52 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab
Where's Fiset?!!

Likely on a golf course somewhere enjoying the retired life.

Old
12-03-2004, 06:55 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69
Thanks... If we have to put those three players back in our prospect's ranking, where would they rank?

Here's how Russian Prospects ranks them,

http://www.russianprospects.com/public/profile_main.php

Old
12-04-2004, 03:42 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

it seemed like tarasov was putting up great numbers and that he would get a good shot in north america but he just disappeared so quickly.... that's a strange case but it just goes to show how prospects can change from hot to cold in a matter of days.

Old
12-04-2004, 05:07 AM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett
it seemed like tarasov was putting up great numbers and that he would get a good shot in north america but he just disappeared so quickly.... that's a strange case but it just goes to show how prospects can change from hot to cold in a matter of days.
he wanted a nhl contract or a spot with the Habs i think .

Old
12-04-2004, 04:26 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
he wanted a nhl contract or a spot with the Habs i think .

What I had heard was that he was pissed over his lack of playing time in the playoffs since he sat the bench and Garon wasn't very good (nor was the team) In addition I had heard his wife was not too happy living over here.

Closed Thread