HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

So where does Luongo end up? (Keep All Luongo Proposals Here!)

Old
04-25-2012, 06:39 PM
Paz23

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesjustwin View Post
Dream on.
Why would San Jose trade a great piece like Pavelski for a guy who totally crumbles under pressure? If the goal for SJ is to win a cup now they will have no interest in Luongo and especially not at that price.
Crumbles under pressure? Game seven Stanley Cup finals ring a bell?

Two shutouts during said series as well. Give it up.

Last edited by SnS: 04-25-2012 at 08:45 PM.
Paz23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 06:39 PM
ugghhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFMAN99 View Post
2nd, Ashton, and your choice of Komisarek or Lombardi for Luongo and perhaps a 6th-7th?. Our 2nd is low enough to the point where its like a late 1st.

Komisarek would actually do really well under AV I think, he did look alot better on Randy thats for sure. We do have Holzer though who is dominating down on the farm.
I think this is the kind of trade we could expect for Luongo. Prospect/Young player + Pick + Cap dump/Reclamation.

I would push for something like Colborne + D'Amigo + cap dump (Lombardi/Connolly).

Personally, I would prefer trading Schneider if his value is as high as some are suggesting.

ugghhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 06:40 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jones View Post
When you look at contracts, potential, age, etc. why would you trade the better goalie?

Re: Luongo - given everything that's been said here in this thread, would Gillis trade Roberto straight up for a 2nd round pick? Just wondering...
Better how, though? Schneider has had a good season and a few playoff games, but certainly hasn't accomplished what Lou has.

The Fear Boners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 06:41 PM
ugghhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Mackinaw View Post
Actually, that is exactly what Gillis is doing. Otherwise keep him and have the best goalie tandem in the league. He's freeing up space to sign Schneider and upgrade somewhere else. That is the only reason Luongo is going to go to market.

As I said earlier, it is not about what Luongo is "worth". It is there will be a limited number of suitors, and even less willing to keep him on that long, no matter how you try to argue otherwise.

Every writer and analyst in the league - including Vancouver - says the same thing: the Canucks won't get much in return. Gillis is essentially over a barrel, and every GM willing to strike a deal knows it. Otherwise, he's stuck with two goalies at, say, 9 or 10 million. I'm no math major, but that is just plain stupidity.

So, yes, it is about freeing up cap space. Any team making the deal is getting a bona fide starter, but is also doing Gillis a huge favour.

A middling prospect and a second is about the best Gillis can hope for. Anything else, he should kiss the ground. There won't be any high firsts or blue chippers coming back and that is pretty darn close to fact.
This would be true if the Canucks were only willing to move Luongo. That isn't the perception that Gillis is creating -- in this case, he can use the offers we get for Schneider as leverage to increase the offers we get for Luongo and vice versa.

ugghhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 06:47 PM
Holy Mackinaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugghhh View Post
This would be true if the Canucks were only willing to move Luongo. That isn't the perception that Gillis is creating -- in this case, he can use the offers we get for Schneider as leverage to increase the offers we get for Luongo and vice versa.
Other GMs aren't that stupid. If Gillis wants to put Schneider to market, he'll get a king's ransom. One of them has to go. If Schneider is up for grabs, they'll be a long line waiting to pound down that door.

If I was Gillis, I would move Schneider just because of the return. I doubt that will happen, as there will be a meltdown in Vancouver.

But yes, as for your earlier post, I agree with the return, which is why earlier I proposed a 2nd, Ashton and one of Armstrong or Lombardi. I honestly think that is the type of return it will be for Lu.

Holy Mackinaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 06:53 PM
WTFMAN99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugghhh View Post
I think this is the kind of trade we could expect for Luongo. Prospect/Young player + Pick + Cap dump/Reclamation.

I would push for something like Colborne + D'Amigo + cap dump (Lombardi/Connolly).

Personally, I would prefer trading Schneider if his value is as high as some are suggesting.

Not possible for us unfortunately. We do lack big centres which Colborne is, and D'Amigo is just killing it right now in the AHL play-offs.

If you wanted, D'Amigo/Ashton, Lambo/Connolly/Komisarek, and a 2nd would be on the table.

WTFMAN99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 07:05 PM
The Shrike

If I'm Gillis and I'm offered Lecavalier straight up, I take the offer and run. Vinny is a beast in the playoffs, and his acquisition could be what pushes Vancouver over the top.

The Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 07:10 PM
Respect Your Edler
Thank You 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jones View Post
Why would they do that? It probably drives up Schneider's value but doesn't it ultimately weaken the Canucks?
Luongo is still going to be an elite goaltender for half a decade. Why are we worrying about our goaltending in 5 years instead of maximizing our assets today? Our window is tied to the Sedins anyway. Trading Schneider can get us a great young piece to push us over the top now.

Respect Your Edler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 07:40 PM
Mike Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Respect Your Edler View Post
Luongo is still going to be an elite goaltender for half a decade. Why are we worrying about our goaltending in 5 years instead of maximizing our assets today? Our window is tied to the Sedins anyway. Trading Schneider can get us a great young piece to push us over the top now.
Fair enough.

Mike Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 07:47 PM
Mojo Risin*
Burrows #1 fan

Vancouver / Tampa (Nothing crazy)

To Tampa Bay

Roberto Luongo

To Vancouver

Mattias Ohlund
3rd round pick in 2012

Lightning get a solid goalie who makes them likely to finish in the 4-5 range next year (maybe even win the division).

Canucks get a guy who can play physical and play on any of the pairings ( I think it would be interesting to see him play with Edler).

I really like this for both sides, and I know many Canucks fans would love to see Ohlund back here to play out his career and if all goes according to plan, win a cup.

I know for me, seeing the Nucks win it would be even sweeter with this guy back on the team.

Bolts fans thoughts?

Mojo Risin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 07:58 PM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

Even with his contract we are ripping off Vancouver. I could see something like that if Luongo would only waive for Tampa Bay though. Maybe make the 3rd Philly's second and add in Detroit's first while Vancouver adds in their first.

Going Back to Cally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 08:04 PM
Alivesi

Tampa takes this and runs.

If we got a rid of Ohlund, I wouldn't mind Luongo coming here. Good thought.

Alivesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 08:06 PM
Mojo Risin*
Burrows #1 fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacho Labrie View Post
Even with his contract we are ripping off Vancouver. I could see something like that if Luongo would only waive for Tampa Bay though. Maybe make the 3rd Philly's second and add in Detroit's first while Vancouver adds in their first.
Works for me. I should've mentioned in the OP, what is Ohlund's health situation going into next year? Can he play for us?

Obviously if there are lingering health issues this wouldn't get done.

Old
04-25-2012, 08:07 PM
Vorkosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by BothEndsOfTheRink View Post
To Tampa Bay

Roberto Luongo

To Vancouver

Mattias Ohlund
3rd round pick in 2012

Lightning get a solid goalie who makes them likely to finish in the 4-5 range next year (maybe even win the division).

Canucks get a guy who can play physical and play on any of the pairings ( I think it would be interesting to see him play with Edler).

I really like this for both sides, and I know many Canucks fans would love to see Ohlund back here to play out his career and if all goes according to plan, win a cup.

I know for me, seeing the Nucks win it would be even sweeter with this guy back on the team.

Bolts fans thoughts?
You mean a 35 year old defenseman who's had more surgery on his knees than Pavel Bure?

Or a 35 year old defenseman who hasn't scored a single goal in 2 full seasons? You do know Mattias Ohlund has a longer goal drought than Scott Gomez? Tampa Bay fans have never EVER experienced the feeling of seeing Mattias Ohlund score a goal wearing their jersey.

This is Mattias Ohlund of 2012, not Mattias Ohlund of 2002.

Yet... you want the Canucks to trade a goalie who's been a Vezna candidate 3 times in his career, who's won 30 games or more in 7 straight years, 40 games or more twice for Mattias Ohlund.

There's a reason the Canucks didn't resign Ohlund, I like how we get a 3rd rounder thrown in too.

If Luongo gets moved, it's going to be for a more than the Mattias Ohlund of 2012 and a 3rd rounder

Vorkosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 08:08 PM
Vandelay Industries

I dont want to go through all these posts to check if this offer has been brought up so if it has please forgive me. Just want to find out how the value for this offer would be and how Tampa fans would feel about this.

To Tampa: Roberto Luongo

To Vancouver: Detroits first round pick

Thanks just wondering what the value is like there.

Vandelay Industries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 08:10 PM
sayheykid

Quote:
I should've mentioned in the OP, what is Ohlund's health situation going into next year?
Frankly, I'd be surprised if he played another game.

sayheykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 08:13 PM
Mojo Risin*
Burrows #1 fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorkosh View Post
You mean a 35 year old defenseman who's had more surgery on his knees than Pavel Bure?

Or a 35 year old defenseman who hasn't scored a single goal in 2 full seasons? You do know Mattias Ohlund has a longer goal drought than Scott Gomez? Tampa Bay fans have never EVER experienced the feeling of seeing Mattias Ohlund score a goal wearing their jersey.

Yet... you want the Canucks to trade a goalie who's been a Vezna candidate 3 times in his career, who's won 30 games or more in 7 straight years, 40 games or more twice for Mattias Ohlund.

There's a reason the Canucks didn't resign Ohlund, I like how we get a 3rd rounder thrown in too.

If Luongo gets moved, it's going to be for a more than the Mattias Ohlund of 2012 and a 3rd rounder
The guy can still play. He's way better than some of the scrubs and rookies who see icetime on our defense usually. We don't need him to score goals. How many goals do we get out of Rome? Ballard? Tanev (who isn't yet ready for the NHL)?

I'll take a guy who scores 0 goals and can actually play D and bring some physicality over guys who score 1 or 2 goals a year and run around like a headless chicken in their own zone.

And not to mention, there isn't exactly a bidding war for Luongo.

Old
04-25-2012, 08:17 PM
BarberioTheBarbarian

Ohlunds done Tampa takes it and runs

BarberioTheBarbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 08:19 PM
Vorkosh

Quote:
The guy can still play. He's way better than some of the scrubs and rookies who see icetime on our defense usually. We don't need him to score goals. How many goals do we get out of Rome? Ballard? Tanev (who isn't yet ready for the NHL)?

I'll take a guy who scores 0 goals and can actually play D and bring some physicality over guys who score 1 or 2 goals a year and run around like a headless chicken in their own zone.

Stop posting please, just stop.

Mattias Ohlund can no longer play. The Canucks are not looking for Stay-At-Home Phyiscal Defensmen. They are looking to get their woeful powerplay back with PINCHING D-man. That's been their style for YEARS. Losing Erhoff would have been detrimental to the team, but Edler stepped up. Salo is old and breaks every year. His Slap Shot is going to be missed.

Hamhuis and Bieksa are your stay at home defensemen. Better yet, BOTH of them, can actually skate and pinch in. Ohlund can barely move on his two bum knees.

Hate to break it to you ace, Tanev is NHL ready. How can you play in the playoffs as much as he does and not be NHL ready, that's kinda backwards.

Ballard before concussion was outperforming Bieksa and at times Edler during the year. After concussion, he was easily the best defensmen in the first round for the Canucks.

Rome is there as depth. Which is what Ohlund would be. So you're trading Roberto Luongo for a #5/6 defensemen. oh wait, and a third. I guess the third makes it okay.

Seriously, stop posting now. Get off your manlove for Ohlund. He's not the same guy. There are a lot of better options for defensmen not named Ohlund.

Old
04-25-2012, 08:19 PM
Alivesi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorkosh View Post

We'll add a picture of Mattias Ohlund in 2002, deal?

Alivesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 08:20 PM
Vandelay Industries

Id be more inclined to make a deal around Luongo and Detroits first. How do Tampa fans feel about that?

Vandelay Industries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 08:20 PM
StringerBell

I assume Ohlund won't be passing a physical anytime soon, so would that prevent him from being traded? I remember hearing that you can't trade an injured player but I'm not sure how literally it was intended.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 08:21 PM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

Quote:

He can't still play. It will be a miracle if he plays another NHL game.

Going Back to Cally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 08:22 PM
zmwong99

nothing crazy but the proposal itself

zmwong99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 08:23 PM
Vorkosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alivesi View Post
We'll add a picture of Mattias Ohlund in 2002, deal?
lol, no. I'm going to hold firm on a couple of Mcdonald's coupon booklets be thrown in as well.