HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

So where does Luongo end up? (Keep All Luongo Proposals Here!)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-25-2012, 08:25 PM
  #251
HoseEmDown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 5,678
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorkosh View Post
You mean a 35 year old defenseman who's had more surgery on his knees than Pavel Bure?

Or a 35 year old defenseman who hasn't scored a single goal in 2 full seasons? You do know Mattias Ohlund has a longer goal drought than Scott Gomez? Tampa Bay fans have never EVER experienced the feeling of seeing Mattias Ohlund score a goal wearing their jersey.

This is Mattias Ohlund of 2012, not Mattias Ohlund of 2002.

Yet... you want the Canucks to trade a goalie who's been a Vezna candidate 3 times in his career, who's won 30 games or more in 7 straight years, 40 games or more twice for Mattias Ohlund.

There's a reason the Canucks didn't resign Ohlund, I like how we get a 3rd rounder thrown in too.

If Luongo gets moved, it's going to be for a more than the Mattias Ohlund of 2012 and a 3rd rounder
Hes only been a Vezina candidate 2 times. If he's so amazing as you say his stats are then why are you trading him? Your at least getting something for him and you clear up a lot of cap space. Ohlund will retire so his cap hit will be gone. You have no leverage in a deal with him so you might as well get something out of it.

HoseEmDown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 08:26 PM
  #252
Vorkosh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 688
vCash: 500
Detriot 1st and Connelly for Luongo is probably there in value, Canucks may have to add a 2nd rounder to balance.

Only problem I don't know if Tbay can soak up Luongo's 5.3 cap hit with very little in space space going back.

Vorkosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 08:30 PM
  #253
HoseEmDown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 5,678
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloaner1171 View Post
Id be more inclined to make a deal around Luongo and Detroits first. How do Tampa fans feel about that?
Thats not happening unless you throw in your 1st which will be a move up of 6 spots essentially. He's only gonna name a few teams so there will be no bidding war and you have no leverage, take what we decide is fair.

HoseEmDown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 08:30 PM
  #254
Vorkosh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 688
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
Hes only been a Vezina candidate 2 times. If he's so amazing as you say his stats are then why are you trading him? Your at least getting something for him and you clear up a lot of cap space. Ohlund will retire so his cap hit will be gone. You have no leverage in a deal with him so you might as well get something out of it.
I don't even know where to begin with this ridiculous train of thought.

First, Luongo has been a Vezina candidate 3 years. (2004, 2007, 2011).

We are OPEN to trading him because of the IMMEDIATE rising stock of Cory Schneider. We are trading ONE of them, because it makes no sense in a cap world to have 10 million tied up at 1 position where only ONE of them can play at any given time.

Ohlund will retire. So were giving you Luongo for a 3rd and cap relief? No thanks. We can bury Luongo in the minors for cap relief and you can keep your 3rd rounder.

We have all the leverage in this deal. You have no goaltender. we have 2 #1's.

Wow.. the hockey IQ can't really be this horrid can it?

Vorkosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 08:31 PM
  #255
Mojo Risin*
Burrows #1 fan
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorkosh View Post
Stop posting please, just stop.

Mattias Ohlund can no longer play. The Canucks are not looking for Stay-At-Home Phyiscal Defensmen. They are looking to get their woeful powerplay back with PINCHING D-man. That's been their style for YEARS. Losing Erhoff would have been detrimental to the team, but Edler stepped up. Salo is old and breaks every year. His Slap Shot is going to be missed.

Hamhuis and Bieksa are your stay at home defensemen. Better yet, BOTH of them, can actually skate and pinch in. Ohlund can barely move on his two bum knees.

Hate to break it to you ace, Tanev is NHL ready. How can you play in the playoffs as much as he does and not be NHL ready, that's kinda backwards.

Ballard before concussion was outperforming Bieksa and at times Edler during the year. After concussion, he was easily the best defensmen in the first round for the Canucks.

Rome is there as depth. Which is what Ohlund would be. So you're trading Roberto Luongo for a #5/6 defensemen. oh wait, and a third. I guess the third makes it okay.

Seriously, stop posting now. Get off your manlove for Ohlund. He's not the same guy. There are a lot of better options for defensmen not named Ohlund.
Yeah because pinching in helped this team so much this year.....to give up 2 on 1s all the time.

Bieksa IS NOT a stay at home defenseman. He is a 2nd pairing guy AT BEST on a team with a good D, which the Canucks currently do not have.

Tanev is not big enough to play in the NHL unless he gains 20 pounds during the offseason and spends every waking moment working on his shot, which isn't NHL calibre. Canucks fans overrate this guy because, to his credit, he doesn't make insanely poor and unsafe plays like Edler, Bieksa do, and Ehrhoff used to. Tanev needs at least 1 more year in the minors.

Also, if you read my 2nd post in this thread, you would see that I said this only works if he is healthy. The Mattias Ohlund from the 2011 playoffs could be very useful on this team. You really think Luongo is going to return someone as good as 2002 Ohlund?

Face it, with the contract, I'd be happy just to trade him for nothing. HE'S NOT WORTH MORE THAN THE TRADE I PROPOSED.

Mojo Risin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 08:33 PM
  #256
sayheykid
Registered User
 
sayheykid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,857
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorkosh View Post
We have all the leverage in this deal. You have no goaltender.
If Luongo presents a list of teams he's willing to waive to go to and that list further narrows to teams willing to take his contract on, you really don't.

sayheykid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 08:33 PM
  #257
Vorkosh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 688
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BothEndsOfTheRink View Post
Yeah because pinching in helped this team so much this year.....to give up 2 on 1s all the time.

Bieksa IS NOT a stay at home defenseman. He is a 2nd pairing guy AT BEST on a team with a good D, which the Canucks currently do not have.

Tanev is not big enough to play in the NHL unless he gains 20 pounds during the offseason and spends every waking moment working on his shot, which isn't NHL calibre. Canucks fans overrate this guy because, to his credit, he doesn't make insanely poor and unsafe plays like Edler, Bieksa do, and Ehrhoff used to. Tanev needs at least 1 more year in the minors.

Also, if you read my 2nd post in this thread, you would see that I said this only works if he is healthy. The Mattias Ohlund from the 2011 playoffs could be very useful on this team. You really think Luongo is going to return someone as good as 2002 Ohlund?

Face it, with the contract, I'd be happy just to trade him for nothing. HE'S NOT WORTH MORE THAN THE TRADE I PROPOSED.

You should probably read some other threads.

Toronto fans are willing to give us Schenn, Armstrong and a 2nd for Luongo.

I'm gonna go on a hunch and just say that's a tad better than Ohlund (who's apparently retiring) and a 3rd.

Vorkosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 08:34 PM
  #258
Johnny Canuck
Registered User
 
Johnny Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayheykid View Post
If Luongo presents a list of teams he's willing to waive to go to and his contract situation further narrows that list, you really don't.
what if there isn't a list. did you think of that?

Johnny Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 08:35 PM
  #259
Vorkosh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 688
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayheykid View Post
If Luongo presents a list of teams he's willing to waive to go to and his contract situation further narrows that list, you really don't.
Luongo has stated during the Canucks end of season media session.

"If Vancouver wants to trade me, I will not get in the way"

"I will be happy in Vancouver. I will be happy if I play elsewhere"

These are not exact quotes, but they are damn close to what he said.

So.. yeah, he's waiving for NTC to get out of Vancouver. There is no list of teams.

He's told Gillis he will not stand in the way.

Leverage = ALL Vancouver.

Vorkosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 08:36 PM
  #260
burgess1978
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Gold Coast
Country: Australia
Posts: 2,304
vCash: 500
While I can see what Tampa fans are getting at here, if this is the best offer Vancouver can get for Luongo, they will trade Schneider.

Tampa must add something of value to get this done IMO.

burgess1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 08:37 PM
  #261
FAMOUSfin
Registered User
 
FAMOUSfin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 970
vCash: 500
Salo gets re-signed before Ohlund makes it onto the roster. What the the Canucks really need in term of a defensemen is a RS PMD PP QB. Essentially they need an Ehrhoff or Salo of times past.

FAMOUSfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 08:37 PM
  #262
HoseEmDown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 5,678
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloaner1171 View Post
I dont want to go through all these posts to check if this offer has been brought up so if it has please forgive me. Just want to find out how the value for this offer would be and how Tampa fans would feel about this.

To Tampa: Roberto Luongo

To Vancouver: Detroits first round pick

Thanks just wondering what the value is like there.
Well you should have read a few posts cause that's not a good deal. He'll get a 2nd and some garbage at best.

HoseEmDown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 08:37 PM
  #263
sayheykid
Registered User
 
sayheykid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,857
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Canuck View Post
what if there isn't a list. did you think of that?
All we do on this board is deal in the hypothetical. I'm going to go ahead and assume that if Luongo is willing to waive his NTC he is going to want a say in what teams he may go to.

sayheykid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 08:38 PM
  #264
Vorkosh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 688
vCash: 500
Seeing how people want proof of exactly what was said.

Here are exerts from his interview. These are actual quotes now.

""It's going to be what's best for the team," said Luongo. "Whatever scenario that is, I'm okay with it - whether that involves me being here or not is okay. We've got a lot of potential in this locker room, there's a great core of guys, and the chance to do something special."


"I don't want to be one of those guys that will stand in the way of anything, I always want to put the team ahead of me and not be one of those selfish guys," said Luongo. "There haven't been any decisions made, but over the course of the next little while we'll talk to Mike (Gillis) and make that decision."

"They've got a guy [Schneider] here that is going to be a superstar in this league for the next 10, 12, 15 years," said Luongo. "It is a business and that's the way it goes. I loved being here the last six years. I think my career has really taken off and we did some incredible things. If I'm here in the future, then great. If I'm not, that's good also."

Vorkosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 08:39 PM
  #265
burgess1978
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Gold Coast
Country: Australia
Posts: 2,304
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorkosh View Post
Stop posting please, just stop.

Mattias Ohlund can no longer play. The Canucks are not looking for Stay-At-Home Phyiscal Defensmen. They are looking to get their woeful powerplay back with PINCHING D-man. That's been their style for YEARS. Losing Erhoff would have been detrimental to the team, but Edler stepped up. Salo is old and breaks every year. His Slap Shot is going to be missed.

Hamhuis and Bieksa are your stay at home defensemen. Better yet, BOTH of them, can actually skate and pinch in. Ohlund can barely move on his two bum knees.

Hate to break it to you ace, Tanev is NHL ready. How can you play in the playoffs as much as he does and not be NHL ready, that's kinda backwards.

Ballard before concussion was outperforming Bieksa and at times Edler during the year. After concussion, he was easily the best defensmen in the first round for the Canucks.

Rome is there as depth. Which is what Ohlund would be. So you're trading Roberto Luongo for a #5/6 defensemen. oh wait, and a third. I guess the third makes it okay.

Seriously, stop posting now. Get off your manlove for Ohlund. He's not the same guy. There are a lot of better options for defensmen not named Ohlund.
Is Salo retiring/heading to Europe?

burgess1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 08:39 PM
  #266
Mojo Risin*
Burrows #1 fan
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorkosh View Post
You should probably read some other threads.

Toronto fans are willing to give us Schenn, Armstrong and a 2nd for Luongo.

I'm gonna go on a hunch and just say that's a tad better than Ohlund (who's apparently retiring) and a 3rd.
I'd rather have Toronto's 2nd and 3rd than Schenn, and if there's anyone in the league with negative value, it's Armstrong.

What is the point of getting an overpaid stay at home D prospect with 0 ability to defend, and a 4th liner who doesn't fit in ou lineup. Schenn is worth almos nothing IMO.

If Ohlund is in fact unable to play, then this thread may as well be closed, because I was under the impression he had a couple years left.

Mojo Risin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 08:39 PM
  #267
Johnny Canuck
Registered User
 
Johnny Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Respect Your Edler View Post
Luongo is still going to be an elite goaltender for half a decade. Why are we worrying about our goaltending in 5 years instead of maximizing our assets today? Our window is tied to the Sedins anyway. Trading Schneider can get us a great young piece to push us over the top now.
My thoughts as well. I will add that I feel comfortable trading Schneider, since I have heard good things about this Lack character.

Johnny Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 08:41 PM
  #268
Vorkosh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 688
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgess1978 View Post
Is Salo retiring/heading to Europe?
Salo is a UFA, at his age, and ability to get injured every year. It's either a 1 year 1.5 million dollar deal or retirement.

Vorkosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 08:43 PM
  #269
Bish Please
Sons of Pirates
 
Bish Please's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: St.Pete, Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 29,134
vCash: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Canuck View Post
what if there isn't a list. did you think of that?
Then Luongo is an idiot for not using the power he earned and possibly took less money to get and I hope he enjoys Columbus.

Bish Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 08:44 PM
  #270
HoseEmDown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 5,678
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorkosh View Post
I don't even know where to begin with this ridiculous train of thought.

First, Luongo has been a Vezina candidate 3 years. (2004, 2007, 2011).

We are OPEN to trading him because of the IMMEDIATE rising stock of Cory Schneider. We are trading ONE of them, because it makes no sense in a cap world to have 10 million tied up at 1 position where only ONE of them can play at any given time.

Ohlund will retire. So were giving you Luongo for a 3rd and cap relief? No thanks. We can bury Luongo in the minors for cap relief and you can keep your 3rd rounder.

We have all the leverage in this deal. You have no goaltender. we have 2 #1's.

Wow.. the hockey IQ can't really be this horrid can it?
First taking on Luongos cap hit and sending Ohlund back is actually freeing you up cap space buddy. Second go ahead and try to bury him in the minors and he'll be claimed faster than you can repost to this. Third every team knows you have to goalies you really can't afford to keep so why should they do you any favors and pay a premium, you don't have the leverage. So brush up your IQ pal.

HoseEmDown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 08:46 PM
  #271
Vorkosh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 688
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BothEndsOfTheRink View Post
I'd rather have Toronto's 2nd and 3rd than Schenn, and if there's anyone in the league with negative value, it's Armstrong.

What is the point of getting an overpaid stay at home D prospect with 0 ability to defend, and a 4th liner who doesn't fit in ou lineup. Schenn is worth almos nothing IMO.

If Ohlund is in fact unable to play, then this thread may as well be closed, because I was under the impression he had a couple years left.
What exactly is your man-crush obsession with Ohlund about.

Luke Schenn is almost worth nothing to the Canucks?

You wanted Ohlund because he was in your opinion physical and a stay at home D.

LUKE SCHENN IS A STAY AT HOME D AND IS PHYSICAL. Better than. HE IS A RH and can QB the PP.

So.. a young defensman with all the qualities that YOU WERE ORIGINALLY LOOKING FOR is worth almost nothing in your opinion.

But an old defensman with 2 bum knees is worth a superstar goaltender.

I think I speak for most vancouver fans when I say, thank you for not applying to be the General Manager of the Vancouver Canucks.
A blind monkey can tell you Luke Schenn > Mattias Ohlund.

Sch

Vorkosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 08:49 PM
  #272
me2
Seahawks 43
 
me2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Broncos 8
Country: Wallis & Futuna
Posts: 22,221
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorkosh View Post
I think I speak for most vancouver fans when I say, thank you for not applying to be the General Manager of the Vancouver Canucks.
A blind monkey can tell you Luke Schenn > Mattias Ohlund.

Sch
A blind monkey > Luke Schenn > Mattias Ohlund.

me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 08:50 PM
  #273
Vorkosh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 688
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
First taking on Luongos cap hit and sending Ohlund back is actually freeing you up cap space buddy. Second go ahead and try to bury him in the minors and he'll be claimed faster than you can repost to this. Third every team knows you have to goalies you really can't afford to keep so why should they do you any favors and pay a premium, you don't have the leverage. So brush up your IQ pal.
Oh my god.

Okay let's try this again. 1) The Canucks are NOT trying to free cap. If they were, they would just LET A TEAM CLAIM HIM.

2) The Canucks are going to get more than Ohlund and a 3rd. If not, THE CANUCKS WILL KEEP LUONGO AND TRADE SCHNEIDER FOR A HUGE OVERPAYMENT.

Do you understand?

The Canucks have the luxury of dealing EITHER ONE of them.

If you want Luongo or Schneider. It's going to be for a lot more than Ohlund and a 3rd.

Vorkosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 08:51 PM
  #274
Ched Brosky
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,906
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
Well you should have read a few posts cause that's not a good deal. He'll get a 2nd and some garbage at best.
Just like Rick Nash eh? 7.8M NMC/NTC power foward signed til 33/34 with his actual salary rising as each year passes exceeding his cap hit for the last 4 years of the 6 remaining.
Not to mention power fowards decline fast as their body takes a toll each year and with age it affects them once they start hitting their 30's. What do you know, Nash hits 30 by the end of 2 out of the 6 years left on his contract.

oh wait Howson turned down Dubinsky JT Miller Erixon Thomas and a 1st for him

Ched Brosky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 08:52 PM
  #275
whoshouse
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 982
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BothEndsOfTheRink View Post
Tanev is not big enough to play in the NHL unless he gains 20 pounds during the offseason and spends every waking moment working on his shot, which isn't NHL calibre. Canucks fans overrate this guy because, to his credit, he doesn't make insanely poor and unsafe plays like Edler, Bieksa do, and Ehrhoff used to. Tanev needs at least 1 more year in the minors.
You have obviously not watched Tanev closely. To say he needs 1 more year in the minors is criminally wrong. Tanev makes reliable plays and is perfectly suited to the teams system. Hes a tall, smart, mobile defenseman that is already one of the teams best defensive dmen. He is incredibly quick and smooth with his stick and is a good skater. He also is reliable under pressure and is capable of carrying the puck up the ice.

You would be pretty foolish to think he couldn't already be an impact player this coming season.

whoshouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:03 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.