HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

So where does Luongo end up? (Keep All Luongo Proposals Here!)

Old
04-25-2012, 09:21 PM
Big Naissak
4 8 15 16 23 42

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Big Naissak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
Oh. Oh god that is bad. Holy mother of saint howson, the jackets don't take that deal.
Canucks don't either

Big Naissak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 09:22 PM
2 Weekes Notice

Inarguable truth: Roberto Luongo is quite literally the only goalie option Tampa Bay has this offseason.

Oh wait, that's not the case?

All right, well then quit it with the Vancouver leverage thing. It's no secret they're going to move a goalie, it's no secret that there are only a few reasonable landing spots for Luongo, and there exists Bernier, Harding, Vokoun, Thomas, Kiprusoff, Lindback, etc. - all without giant contract commitments

Not saying Luongo gets moved for something along the lines of Ohlund+3rd, but he doesn't fetch a high first or a blue chip prospect either.

2 Weekes Notice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 09:23 PM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorkosh View Post
This is loads better than Ohlund and a 3rd, but still a no from Vancouver.

If you want Luongo it's going to be based on 1 of 2 things

Detriot's 1st rounder, or Brett Connolly.
No it wont. If thats the asking price from TB, Yzerman laughs and goes and gets one of the other MANY options in net.

UNLESS its Detroits 1st and a salary dump for Luongo and VAN 1st.

IdealisticSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 09:25 PM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
I fully agree with you that Luongo is not going to bring in a 1st rounder + #1 dman + whatever. The purpose of trading Luongo is for peices, it's not for 5.3 million cap space relief. Let's be honest here, Gillis has circumvented the cap space more times than Pam Anderson has been on the cover of playboy.

If there are no suitable trades Gillis will do something like claim Luongo has a head injury, put him on Long-term injured reserve for the whole year and boom 5.33 free space.

Would the league bust him on it? probably, but can anyone truly dispute than Luongo doesn't have mental problems? probably not, and as such Gillis would probably get away with it if he played it that way.

The Canucks do NOT need to force a trade here, they can circumvent the cap like every other team.

Wow. THIS is your plan? You are in for some serious disappointment my friend. Wow.

IdealisticSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 09:29 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
You should probably watch a few hockey games before posting. I don't have a man crush on Luke Schenn, but if I had to pick between Luke Schenn and Mattias Ohlund, I'd pick Schenn. I'll bet you 60% of Tampa Bay fans, would pick Luke Schenn.

Luke has been in the league for only 3 years. He's improved on his point total each year. His PIM has decreased each year.

He is maturing. He's also playing in a god awful system and team known as the leafs.

22 > 35 any day of the week.

Tanev and Schenn would be a pretty sick defensive pair in about 4 years
You can probably change that to 100% of TBay fans would rather have Schenn over Ohlund at this point.

Ohlund is done... And even before he was done, he was slowly down at an alarming pace. I have always been an Ohlund fan, and still consider him the best all-around dman to ever play for this franchise (having been a fan of the team since the late 70's), but that was a long time ago now. That Ohlund doesn't exist anymore, and I'd rather have Ballard in our lineup over Ohlund any day of the week.

Which is another thing the OP is ignoring. Ohlund has never been very good on the right side... And Edler also plays *significantly* better on the left. That's why the Ohlund-Edler pair never worked before and still won't. We have 3 left side dmen in Edler, Hamhuis and Ballard and all 3 are better right now than Ohlund. And all 3 - just like Ohlund - aren't very good playing on their off-sides.

As a big Ohlund fan, I hope he never returns to the Canucks as a player. Let him finish is career (if it's not already) somewhere else and let us remember him for the rock he was for this franchise for so many years. Like I said, all-around I don't think this organization has had a better dman than Ohlund in his prime - and even that Ohlund was never at the top of his game due to problems with his eye.

As far as Schenn goes, I'm not a big fan due to his lack of foot speed and overall mobility which doesn't seem to fit this system (2 areas that he's still better than Ohlund at right now). But I'd be okay with him as a project player we can develop here. He has 2 qualities we need on our defense - physical presence and right handed shot - and if our coaches can help improve the rest of his game (he's still very young - the same age as Hodgson, just a year older than Kassian and Schroeder), he could be a good fit in Vancouver. I don't see him next to Tanev though - again both playing the same side.

And Tanev is absolutely NHL ready and will be on this team's starting lineup next season. He's done with the AHL. I'd be willing to bet big on that.

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 09:34 PM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloaner1171 View Post
We as in you? He publicly stated he will accept a trade if asked to waive his no trade clause. He still has a good 5-6 years left as a top 10-15 goalie, his last 4 years of salary are 3.6m,1.6m, 1m, 1m. Bob Mackenzie said that realistically unless hes playing great he will likely retire from the last 3-4 years of his deal. Not so bad if it works that way, i personally think he is still worth a 20-30 pick overall
Of course he stated he would waive his no trade clause, is he supposed to say no I will not I'm not going anywhere so deal with it? He still probably will waive it but he will have input as to where he'll go not Gillis telling him where he's goIng. So he's got 5 years of being a middle of the league goalie? That's where the 15th best would put you, I'm shocked every team isn't offering their 1st when you say it lIke that.

HoseEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 09:38 PM
Mike Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK201 View Post
To Vancouver

Rick Nash
2012 1st round 2nd overall draft pic
Boone Jenner

To Columbus:

Roberto luongo
Ryan Kesler
2012 2nd round draft pic

Thoughts?
You don't wanna know...

Let's just say that Howson wants to survive the whole Columbus GM thing and this wouldn't help him one bit.

Mike Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 09:45 PM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback91 View Post
Just like Rick Nash eh? 7.8M NMC/NTC power foward signed til 33/34 with his actual salary rising as each year passes exceeding his cap hit for the last 4 years of the 6 remaining.
Not to mention power fowards decline fast as their body takes a toll each year and with age it affects them once they start hitting their 30's. What do you know, Nash hits 30 by the end of 2 out of the 6 years left on his contract.

oh wait Howson turned down Dubinsky JT Miller Erixon Thomas and a 1st for him
Signed till 34 not 43. Elite goal scorers always are worth more than elite goaltenders. Nash is the face of the franchise, they need to put a winning team out there so they get fans in the seats, obviously Howson is gonna ask for the moon. When Schneider was traded to Vancouver he was in his prime on a better contract and what Van gave up wasn't that much, so how can you expect teams to pay you a premium for an older, bad contract player?

HoseEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 09:47 PM
Chwc

Luongo+ for Hossa?

I know with the history that the canucks and hawks have, is almost impossible for them to deal with each other. But here both of them have similar contracts, not sure if the blackhawks are comfortable with crawford in net tho...

Chwc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 10:05 PM
NYVanfan

luongo, ballard, raymond
for
hedman, connolly

that'll do, pig

NYVanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 10:08 PM
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYVanfan View Post
luongo, ballard, raymond
for
hedman, connolly

that'll do, pig
Is said pig now the GM of the Lightning? Because that's the only way this trade happens.

Assuming you're being serious of course. Hard to tell.

Doctor Drej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 10:09 PM
stryfe604

Quote:
luongo, ballard, raymond
for
hedman, connolly

that'll do, pig
HAHAHA! Damn it Meg (Raymond), who let you in the trade?

stryfe604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 10:12 PM
javier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback91 View Post
Just like Rick Nash eh? 7.8M NMC/NTC power foward signed til 33/34 with his actual salary rising as each year passes exceeding his cap hit for the last 4 years of the 6 remaining.
Not to mention power fowards decline fast as their body takes a toll each year and with age it affects them once they start hitting their 30's. What do you know, Nash hits 30 by the end of 2 out of the 6 years left on his contract.

oh wait Howson turned down Dubinsky JT Miller Erixon Thomas and a 1st for him
But Nash is 27 and Loungo is 33, there's a big difference in that.

javier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 10:19 PM
sayheykid

Quote:
luongo, ballard, raymond
for
hedman, connolly

that'll do, pig
Counter with

Schneider, Edler

for

Malone, Garon and a Cuban Sandwich.

sayheykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 10:25 PM
whoshouse

I would rather have a multiple vezina candidate goalie in his prime for 5.3 million a year for the next 6 years than a slow, 35 year old defenseman who may not even be a reliable NHL dman for the 4 years left on his contract.

Oh yeah, there’s the 2nd rounder..

If Tampa, Columbus, Florida, New Jersey or Toronto don't want to trade anything of substance to the Canucks for Luongo then I can see Gillis just trading Schneider to Columbus and picking up something of value.

whoshouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 10:29 PM
SuperSaiyanBeastmode

what do the canucks want from the leafs. I have no clue what his value really is tbh.

SuperSaiyanBeastmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 10:32 PM
whoshouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSaiyanBeastmode View Post
what do the canucks want from the leafs. I have no clue what his value really is tbh.
Honestly, a fair deal I could see happening is a 1st rounder/prospect and a cap dump for Luongo. Some other pieces could be added to make the package bigger.

whoshouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 10:33 PM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
luongo, ballard, raymond
for
hedman, connolly

that'll do, pig
Please stop you're awful

Still All In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 10:33 PM
2 Weekes Notice

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoshouse View Post
I would rather have a multiple vezina candidate goalie in his prime for 5.3 million a year for the next 6 years than a slow, 35 year old defenseman who may not even be a reliable NHL dman for the 4 years left on his contract.

Oh yeah, there’s the 2nd rounder..

If Tampa, Columbus, Florida, New Jersey or Toronto don't want to trade anything of substance to the Canucks for Luongo then I can see Gillis just trading Schneider to Columbus and picking up something of value.
That's another factor - if Tampa Bay or Jersey still really want Schneider, I could see them snubbing Luongo offers in hopes that it forces MG's hand into opening up Schneider talks. I don't know how likely it is to go down that way, but it seems like a gamesmanship opportunity.

They may well find a Lu taker and make the point moot, though.

2 Weekes Notice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 10:35 PM
Luwongo

tsnjamesduthie: Sources say Roberto Luongo will submit a short list of teams he'd waive his no-trade clause to go to next week. Toronto will be on it.

Didn't see this posted yet...

Luwongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 10:36 PM
Bgav
We Stylin'

vCash: 1752
james duthie ‏ @tsnjamesduthie Reply Retweeted Favorite · Open
Sources say Roberto Luongo will submit a short list of teams he'd waive his no-trade to go to next week. Toronto will be on it.

Bgav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 10:37 PM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

I would potentially overpay for Schneider at this point considering we haven't had anything stable since Khabi, rather than an aging Lu (whos good but on a bad contract like Vinny).

Still All In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 10:37 PM
Marlo Stanfield
My Name Is My Name

vCash: 50
WELP. 5 teams with Toronto in the mix. This is gonna be so much fun for the next 2 months

Marlo Stanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 10:40 PM
HawksTillDeath

Why do people think the Luongo trade will be huge (in terms of NHL big name players)

It will most definitely be for low level prospects and low draft picks
you don't get value back when you give up that big contract
(exception scott gomez)

the only NHL player that would be going back would be one with a huge salary that the canucks probably wouldn't want anyway

HawksTillDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 10:40 PM
Luwongo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Jonsson View Post
WELP. 5 teams with Toronto in the mix. This is gonna be so much fun for the next 2 months
LoL...imagine being a canucks fan!? This is going to be one of our crazierrrrrr off-seasons (that i can recall)

Luwongo is offline   Reply With Quote