HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jaromir Jagr is the best thing to happen to the Flyers this season

Old
04-12-2012, 01:09 AM
OriginJM
watch out im smart

vCash: 500
Jaromir Jagr is the best thing to happen to the Flyers this season

Sure, he turns it over and can look slower than a sloth drenched in molasses drowning in quicksand, but he is the definition of leadership. If you watch Voraceks interview, he tells Pierre that he talked to everyone and kept them calm as the game continued and we all saw what happened.

Much of Giroux's success could probably be credited to the guidance of Jagr and helping him develop through the season. Having young guys like Jake, Schenn, Giroux, JvR, Simmonds, etc. around a legend like Jagr can potentially help them more than any game experience could. I understand he frustrates everyone here once in a while, but I would welcome him back with open arms if he wanted to come back next year. The things he gives to this team far outweigh his defensive lapses.

OriginJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 01:41 AM
achdumeingute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginJM View Post
Sure, he turns it over and can look slower than a sloth drenched in molasses drowning in quicksand, but he is the definition of leadership. If you watch Voraceks interview, he tells Pierre that he talked to everyone and kept them calm as the game continued and we all saw what happened.

Much of Giroux's success could probably be credited to the guidance of Jagr and helping him develop through the season. Having young guys like Jake, Schenn, Giroux, JvR, Simmonds, etc. around a legend like Jagr can potentially help them more than any game experience could. I understand he frustrates everyone here once in a while, but I would welcome him back with open arms if he wanted to come back next year. The things he gives to this team far outweigh his defensive lapses.
IMO Giroux successes are all his own. He has a ton of drive and is a fantastic player, he had an outstanding season this year, but realistically it wasn't too much better than last season. This was IMO the logical transition for him, we traded two ice time eaters away and needed guys to step up to fill the role, Claude certainly did so.

Jagr has had a positive impact on this team, no doubt. He still shows flashes of his incredible skill. He can pull shots out of nowhere. He's definately a leader, and anyone who didn't think so hasn't paid attention to him. I really don't know how he got a rep for being lazy and a malcontent. IMO that's never been the case.

achdumeingute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 01:55 AM
Ebs

Just and Oiler fan cruising by, and yeah you guys should be very proud to have him. He's among the very small handful of top elite in the league. He also looks damn good in a philly cream cheese sweater. Congrats on game 1, keep it going. There's been a few Philly sweaters around my uni today which was good to see too.

You have our support

Also Bryz is the biggest comedian in the league, I want to see him win the cup so bad, just to watch all his interviews

Ebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 10:00 AM
jagrgodr

Did anyone see the Jagr just joined twitter? Anyone else think that Jagr's picture looks like his head photoshoped on a midget?

http://twitter.com/#!/68Jagr

With Pronger out of the locker room, i think it's fair to say that he is one of if not the leader of the team. There are only a handful of players that are over 30 years old and only one person over 35 (lilja) so his legendary experience is crucial.

I would think you guys would have to try to sign him again. If pronger is still away, Briere and timonen would be the oldest leaders, which would be fine, but you can't compare Jagr to those two.

Jagr has seen it all, been in every situation possible, in the regular season and playoffs and all he wants to do is help his buddies and have a good time. As long as he is not regulated to 10 mins a game, he will be happy.

Anyways, here is Jagr teasing Bryz about bears and there were a few bears in the game last night.. (they are furries btw, probably fans of bryz)

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...d=-7&id=171784

Jagr congratulating Voracek on the goal on his facebook page!
http://www.facebook.com/68Jagr

"Good Job Voras, well done guys"

Check out his facebook page and you can see a video of him practicing a few days ago pulling a guy around the ice, pretty funny.

I'm glad Jagr has worked out well here so far, hopefully the post season gets better!

jagrgodr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 10:09 AM
thelos
Bunk

Yeah he has been a great veteran presence, even if he is a bit low on gas. Though he did make some great plays last night (besides being extra slow on Staal-Kennedy 2 on 1)

thelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 10:44 AM
Codith

It is what he brings off the ice that has been his biggest attributes this year. Training hard, that rubs off on the younger guys. There is a reason why Homer brought him in after they dumped Richards and Carter. You are starting to see the transformation from what kind of attitude the team brought last year, compared to what they are this year.

Codith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 11:59 AM
mja
Negative Creep

The 1997 version of me sees this thread and vomits all over the screen. Jaromir Jagr, storied Flyers leader.

Never in a million years...

mja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 12:29 PM
YuioIklo

He sure is a positive influence for the young guys, especially Giroux. Yes, Giroux has a lot of talent and would've been strong no matter if Jagr came or not, but still, I believe that Jagr has a positive effect on him. We also always need veterans in the locker room to help the players to calm down in the playoffs. Pronger had this effect, and he also took charge of the media to help the young guys to focus (ie stealing puck), but now he's out.

YuioIklo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 01:07 PM
phantomphan

Any word on what he said to Crosby after that crap call last night? The camera cut away as he was skating over to him.

phantomphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 01:36 PM
thelos
Bunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomphan View Post
Any word on what he said to Crosby after that crap call last night? The camera cut away as he was skating over to him.
I'd say he was just calling him out for the ******** he did to create a penalty rather than just skate faster than Jagr, which he easily could of

thelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 04:22 PM
Xegiie

loled at his new tweet

Jaromir Jagr ‏ @68Jagr

Bryz is scared of bears. There were like 70 bears at the game! I wonder what would happen if he said he is scared of beautiful naked girls?!

Xegiie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 04:24 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xegiie View Post
loled at his new tweet

Jaromir Jagr ‏ @68Jagr

Bryz is scared of bears. There were like 70 bears at the game! I wonder what would happen if he said he is scared of beautiful naked girls?!
This makes me wish Jagr had been on Twitter all year.

04-12-2012, 04:27 PM
TheKingPin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serge11 View Post
I'd say he was just calling him out for the ******** he did to create a penalty rather than just skate faster than Jagr, which he easily could of
Yup exactly what he said in the post game interview

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 04:41 PM
SgtJoseph

Jagr is extremely strong on the puck still,and its hard for folks to get it off him down low.....He is certainly strong in the Room providing leadership and knowledge, and teaching the younger lads by example with his work ethic etc.....Having said that we got some real losers on this forum who think Jagr stinks, sucks, ain't worth this or that etc..When i read some of that garbage i realize that some folks don't have a clue what all it takes to build a great hockey TEAM !Of course some of his speed etc are diminishing....but so was Mark Recci's last season ?.....Jagr has another productive year in him barring injury in my opinion.His intangibles are worth it alone.

SgtJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 05:28 PM
kudymen
4, 15, 38 and 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
This makes me wish Jagr had been on Twitter all year.
I wonder whether his girlfriend is following him there

kudymen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 02:02 AM
ICAPNASTYI

At the beginning of the season Jagr looked as if he was moving in slow-motion but, at the same time moving very quickly. Maybe I was just still in shock that Jaromir Jagr was on the Flyers at the time. Lol. I'm assuming the reason for him becoming slower is that he still doesn't have both of his legs at 100%. For a good portion of the season when Jagr was 100% healthy it looked virtually impossible to take the puck off of his stick.

To be honest though, I could care less if he puts up points. It's his work ethic and veteran knowledge that has earned him every single penny of that 3 mil paycheck.

Who knows where the team would be this year without him? He has most definitely accelerated the development time needed for Couturier, Schenn, Read, Voracek. Jeez I might as well just say every player on this team. I can say with very little doubt, that if this Flyer team was Jagr-less this season we probably wouldn't be in the playoffs right now. And Homers trades/signings last off-season wouldn't look as fantastic as they do.

That said. I hope the Flyers organization decides to re-sign Jagr, even if it is for more money. If they decide to let him go, I'd be very disappointed but wish him well, wherever he would wind up.

I don't know if every Flyer fan will truly understand what he's done for this team. And Jagr will always have a place in my heart, even if he decides to re-unite with the Pens.

*Heartfelt Rant End*

ICAPNASTYI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 02:28 AM
eco's bones

As a Rangers fan--I have nothing but respect for Jaromir. Great personality to have on your team. He's not quite the same player that he was with us but he's still pretty good. I'd have no problem if he signed back with us for next year--though I don't think that's going to happen because it's not really the direction we're going.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 02:58 AM
StandingCow

He is in this HNIC montage a few times...

StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 05:51 AM
Xegiie

in case theres someone crazy enough not following Jagr's tweets

aromir Jagr ‏ @68Jagr
@28CGiroux 3+3=6 points in one playoff game. beginning of the year i called u little Mario- now i can scratch out the little.

and

Jaromir Jagr ‏ @68Jagr
8+5=13goals in one game. Friday the 13th. #notsurprised #crazystuffhappensonthatday

Old
04-14-2012, 08:15 AM
jagrgodr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xegiie View Post
in case theres someone crazy enough not following Jagr's tweets

aromir Jagr ‏ @68Jagr
@28CGiroux 3+3=6 points in one playoff game. beginning of the year i called u little Mario- now i can scratch out the little.

and

Jaromir Jagr ‏ @68Jagr
8+5=13goals in one game. Friday the 13th. #notsurprised #crazystuffhappensonthatday
zomg those are the two things i was thinking of last night.. 13 points on friday the 13th and Mario Jr getting 6 points, i had to think Jagr was thinking of him as mario jr especially against the penguins!

I can't believe Jagr got the GWG, i was in bed just hoping he would get it and sure enough he scores, so epic!

Old
04-14-2012, 08:27 AM
Xegiie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrgodr View Post
zomg those are the two things i was thinking of last night.. 13 points on friday the 13th and Mario Jr getting 6 points, i had to think Jagr was thinking of him as mario jr especially against the penguins!

I can't believe Jagr got the GWG, i was in bed just hoping he would get it and sure enough he scores, so epic!
but it was his pretty much only good bright thing he did yesterday,
you can see that on game recap, no jagr at all till he score one

but i guess better than having 5 good chances and 0 goals as he was used to in last 20+ matches

Old
04-14-2012, 08:31 AM
jagrgodr

Jagr has been snake-bitten for such a long time, i'm surprised it went in. I didn't watch most of the game, i fell asleep during the 2nd (due to early work yesterday) and after the game i saw that Jagr only played under 14 minutes which is much lower than his average at 16-20 minutes. I thought it was possibly due to special teams but i don't think that is the case.

It's crazy how things work. Jagr works like crazy for the last 20 games and doesn't score, and once you think he looks like he is done for the year he scores the most important goal of his flyers career.

Old
04-14-2012, 08:33 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck

vCash: 470
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by mja View Post
The 1997 version of me sees this thread and vomits all over the screen. Jaromir Jagr, storied Flyers leader.

Never in a million years...
Haha. I'm with you on that one.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 11:15 AM
stranger86

Great article about Jagr and his influence in locker room:

Jaromir Jagrís evolution comes full circle

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/...e-than-hockey/

stranger86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old