HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

ECQ Game 2: Caps @ Bruins 3PM At TD Garden

Old
04-16-2012, 09:06 AM
txpd

vCash: 500
i just saw the ot winner. johansson beats THREE bruins for the winning play. all i read is fighting back and forth about how the caps suck or something.

in the game three thread i saw a post where three caps defensemen are so bad they are the three stooges. this after the caps have given up 2 goals in 7 full periods of hockey and two partial periods. if hot goalie isnt a worthy reason to lose, how could it explain the total defense?

txpd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 09:46 AM
Mothra

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
Disagree. The Bruins won the majority of the races, hence the Caps getting pinned in their zone and being unable to establish a cycle in the offensive zone.

And once again, I didn't bring him up, another poster did. I'm just defending a guy that did a hell of a lot for the organization. Sue me. When posters like that move on, so will I.
it was a tough damn hockey game....again, the Caps didnt dominate them....which is pretty obviously what you think they should have done

you realize you are "one of those posters"......just move on, its so silly

Mothra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 09:50 AM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mothra View Post
it was a tough damn hockey game....again, the Caps didnt dominate them....which is pretty obviously what you think they should have done

you realize you are "one of those posters"......just move on, its so silly
No and no.

I don't think they should dominate them. I think they should establish some semblance of puck possession and have some potential to score more than 1 or 2 a game.

No, I'm not one of the posters that has to get their digs in at a guy that's not the coach anymore at every opportunity. Again, I was responding to thinly veiled shots at Boudreau by others.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 09:57 AM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

Quote:
No and no.

I don't think they should dominate them. I think they should establish some semblance of puck possession and have some potential to score more than 1 or 2 a game.

No, I'm not one of the posters that has to get their digs in at a guy that's not the coach anymore at every opportunity. Again, I was responding to thinly veiled shots at Boudreau by others.
So you'd be happier with a loss where the Caps score 3 + goals than a close win.

The Pens fanbase awaits you.

joking, joking, joking, joking

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 10:02 AM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post
So you'd be happier with a loss where the Caps score 3 + goals than a close win.

The Pens fanbase awaits you.

joking, joking, joking, joking
Please, point out where I said that.

I don't think they can consistently win with the offensive effort we've seen.

I mean, FFS, is it so hard for people to understand that I don't want them to eschew defense? They could play the exact same defensive game they did in game 2 and improve their offense immensely simply by passing the puck accurately, establishing an offensive zone cycle, and making more of an effort to get into high-traffic areas.

I'm not asking for defensemen to aggressively pinch and leave no one up high to cover. I'm not condoning high-risk offensive attack or vacating the defensive zone early.

Old
04-16-2012, 10:05 AM
mrwarden
Nothing Witty

Quote:

I mean, FFS, is it so hard for people to understand that I don't want them to eschew defense? They could play the exact same defensive game they did in game 2 and improve their offense immensely simply by passing the puck accurately, establishing an offensive zone cycle, and making more of an effort to get into high-traffic areas.

I'm not asking for defensemen to aggressively pinch and leave no one up high to cover. I'm not condoning high-risk offensive attack or vacating the defensive zone early.
Just be thankful your name isn't light blue or purple or you'd be called a troll.

04-16-2012, 10:13 AM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

Quote:

Read comprehension??????

joking, joking, joking, joking.....................Did you miss that?

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 10:28 AM
txpd

@nbtw...ive been pretty much out of the loop this weekend. didnt you post preseries or post game 1 that you expected the caps to go straight down in 4 games?

txpd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 10:33 AM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
@nbtw...ive been pretty much out of the loop this weekend. didnt you post preseries or post game 1 that you expected the caps to go straight down in 4 games?
Yup. And now that they've stolen 1, I expect 5 games *unless* they improve their offensive game.