HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Lockout Ends Question

Closed Thread

Old
12-03-2004, 12:33 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
NHL Lockout Ends Question

Say if the lockout ended on Jan 2. Would their be a short training camp or will the teams just play the games as if their was no lockout. Example: Say if Rangers played on Jan 8th in Boston, would the Rangers play that game or would their be a new schedule with a short training camp?

Old
12-03-2004, 12:33 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

I would almost certainly assume there would be a week for training camp then go right into the season with no pre-season. The schedule would continue off from where it is at after the training camp. So no there wouldnt be a new schedule made.

Old
12-03-2004, 12:51 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine4LIFE
I would almost certainly assume there would be a week for training camp then go right into the season with no pre-season. The schedule would continue off from where it is at after the training camp. So no there wouldnt be a new schedule made.
I think they should make a new schedule so no team has any advantage.

Old
12-03-2004, 12:53 PM
NYR469

there would be a short training camp...teams need time to get ready and you don't want guys getting hurt by throwing them right into games (remember not all guys are playing during the lockout)...not to mention that it buys time for the 200 or so unsigned free agents to get signed to fill up rosters.

as for the schedule, the schedule released over the summer is out. they will NOT just pick up that schedule midway. they will make a new schedule that has no interconference games...

Old
12-03-2004, 12:54 PM
NYR469

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine4LIFE
the schedule will not continue where it is because eastern conference teams will not play any western conference teams during the shortened season, just like they did in 95

Old
12-03-2004, 01:13 PM
drewcon40

They probably have schedules in place for a certain time period. I am not 100 % sure though. But with so many teams sharing their facilities with NBA/College/scheduled concerts, they need to ensure that the facility is available. I would guess that they have multiple modified schedules already in place in case there is an agreement and depending on when that agreement takes place.

For example there is probably a schedule in place if the lockout ended between Dec 1-15. Then another modification if it ended between Dec 16-31, and so on.

Old
12-03-2004, 02:15 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR469
the schedule will not continue where it is because eastern conference teams will not play any western conference teams during the shortened season, just like they did in 95
Ah my fault. For some reason i thought they used the same schedule back in 95.

Closed Thread