HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Seabrook vs. Barker Performances in 5-2 win over Russian Select Jrs.

Closed Thread

Old
12-03-2004, 12:03 PM
hawksfan50

vCash: 500
Seabrook vs. Barker Performances in 5-2 win over Russian Select Jrs.

SEABROOK = A+
BARKER = D-

Seabrook played like a potential #1 linchpin D-man. If in the final selection camp Barker continues to play as poorly as he did last night ,Sutter will have no choice but not to put him on the Team Canada Jr. squad...Barker looked slow and lethargic last night and did nothing outstanding...you could not fault him directly on either Russian goal--but it was his lack of physical play,poor positioning,and really lack of much offensive initiating plus his blatant lack of SPEED --at least last night--that disappointed me ..for a #3 overall this was a vommit performance..i was not sold on him before the draft,and off last night's stinker,I'm still not convinced he was the right pick for the Hawks...if he's leading the Dub in points for a D-man,I'm wondering,how much from his own efforts,or is he just benefitting from playing there with the kid Russell, who was outstanding in last night's game, ( paired in the Hat,they did not pair much in last night's game vs. the Russkies)..

Old
12-03-2004, 12:11 PM
LaLaLaprise
lalalaprise -twitter

It could be a bad game Players have those every now and then. They arent consistant at this age.

Old
12-03-2004, 02:20 PM
Wally112pac

I thought Seabrook played great.

Barker was fine on offence.

He looked like he didn't care throughout the game. Like it was too easy and he was givin a half ass effort. Even when the Russians scored their first goal he had a smirk on his face likes that's all they have?

Old
12-03-2004, 03:10 PM
gb701

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally112pac
I thought Seabrook played great.

Barker was fine on offence.

He looked like he didn't care throughout the game. Like it was too easy and he was givin a half ass effort. Even when the Russians scored their first goal he had a smirk on his face likes that's all they have?
and he has that look, and doesn't care, far too often these days. Maybe reading his own press. He had better turn it up or he's going to find it harder than he thought to move to the next level.

Old
12-03-2004, 03:21 PM
Wally112pac

Quote:
Originally Posted by gb701
and he has that look, and doesn't care, far too often these days. Maybe reading his own press. He had better turn it up or he's going to find it harder than he thought to move to the next level.
I thought Dion looked the same. Same swager like it was too easy.

His body language and the twirls he did before he took a slap shot.

Closed Thread