HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 NHL Entry Draft Talk 10.0

Closed Thread

Old
04-15-2012, 05:18 PM
dcyhabs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
There is no sure bet, bluechip prospect at #3...

Just trade that pick. Habs need help NOW on a wing on the top-six.
Please don't let us become Toronto. I was there for years and any time there was a pick or a prospect all the columnists and fans would say "what can we get for him now?" They had a few good years, but the good times ended after they traded all the young guys for veterans.

The habs are between prospect batches because they traded too many picks and selected too many guys who can opt out. The pipeline is key to consistently icing a good team.

Of course management asset would help...

Old
04-15-2012, 05:41 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 711
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjngo View Post
CREW99AW

Canucks did these trades:

Traded Bryan McCabe, 2000 or 2001 first round pick (2000 #11-Pavel Vorobiev) to Blackhawks for 1999 first round pick (#4-Pavel Brendl) on 1999-06-25

Traded 1999 first round pick (#4-Pavel Brendl), two 1999 third round picks (#75-Brett Scheffelmaier) (#88-Jimmie Olvestad) to Lightning for 1999 first round pick (#1-Patrik Stefan) on 1999-06-26

Traded 1999 first round pick (#1-Patrik Stefan) to Thrashers for 1999 first round pick (#2-Daniel Sedin), 2000 conditional third round pick (#67-Max Birbraer) on 1999-06-25

They ended up selected Daniel and Henrik Sedins.

----------------------

Tampa Bay trades this pick (#4 overall Joni Pitkanen) to Philadelphia for Ruslan Fedotenko, Tampa Bay's second-round pick (previously acquired by Tampa Bay in trade) (No. 34 overall, later traded) and Phoenix's second-round pick (claimed by Philadelphia to complete earlier trade with Phoenix) (No. 52 overall, later traded by Tampa Bay) on June 21, 2001.
I shouldn't have been so all inclusive,saying no gm would make such a trade.We have a whopping 3 such trades, in how many decades of nhl drafting ?

NY Times (Botta) and NY Newsday (Strang),have reported Snow has demanded a young star or potential star for his high lottery picks.He's shopped them 2 straight drafts.I don't see Snow passing up a chance at Murray who's nhl ready or Dumba,who scouts say is 2 yrs away, so that he can hope for a 2013 high pick.Fantasy.

If the Habs gm asks for the NYI 1st,expect Snow to ask for Subban.Gotta give quality to get quality.

Old
04-15-2012, 06:04 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

wrong thread lol

Old
04-15-2012, 06:48 PM
Fozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjngo View Post
Mark my words the top 3 players gonna be drafted are Yakupov, Grigorenko, Galchenyuk.
Something tells me your word won't be worth much in a few months.

Old
04-15-2012, 07:07 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Where's Malkin and Ovechkin in these playoffs? I'm not talking point wise..but where are they when their team needs them to step up a notch? For Pittsburgh, well they all had trouble with the Flyers..as for the Capitals, Backstrom, despite coming back from injury, was their best player and scored last game's GWG. I think we should reconsider our pick..is Forsberg going to be a more constant and determined player than Grigorenko and Yakupov?

Old
04-15-2012, 07:18 PM
malton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
Where's Malkin and Ovechkin in these playoffs? I'm not talking point wise..but where are they when their team needs them to step up a notch? For Pittsburgh, well they all had trouble with the Flyers..as for the Capitals, Backstrom, despite coming back from injury, was their best player and scored last game's GWG. I think we should reconsider our pick..is Forsberg going to be a more constant and determined player than Grigorenko and Yakupov?
Ovechkin has been fine

Old
04-15-2012, 07:24 PM
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
Quote:

People have an incredibly short memory... Malkin is a great playoffs player, one of the best of his generation so far as proven by his Conn Smythe trophee.

Semin, another russian, was as good as than Backstrom yesterday.

Evaluate the players, not the nationality. I'll take Malkin before Cam Barker, Blake Wheele and Andrew Ladd, The 3 North Americans taken right after him. Hell I'd give much more for Malkin than for those 3 guys together.

Old
04-15-2012, 07:31 PM
Artie

Quote:
unbelievable that garbage like this still gets posted.

Old
04-15-2012, 07:39 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artie View Post
You should know better, RT

Old
04-15-2012, 07:42 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artie View Post
Sorry mate. Whatever the debate of nationality is there or not.. Forsberg seems to give out his best on every shift..as for Yakupov an Grigorenko..scouts seems to question themselves. Not my word, Bob McKenzie was the one who said that Forsberg is a Swedish with a Canadian mentality. TSN panel all stated that the country whose kids play the most similar mentality as the Canadians, are the Swedes.

Old
04-15-2012, 07:45 PM
ChoseLa

Quote:
Sorry mate. Whatever the debate of nationality is there or not.. Forsberg seems to give out his best on every shift..as for Yakupov an Grigorenko..scouts seems to question themselves. Not my word, Bob McKenzie was the one who said that Forsberg is a Swedish with a Canadian mentality. TSN panel all stated that the country whose kids play the most similar mentality as the Canadians, are the Swedes.
This google thing is getting out of hands people.

Old
04-15-2012, 07:45 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

There is zero debate about Yakupov's competitiveness and gritty play. He's a fiery little ****er and gives all he's got. The only "small debate" was that he got a concussion before the playoffs and it affected his performance. Not much of a debate... Jabba, you're just trying to hype Forsberg by putting down the rest.

Old
04-15-2012, 07:47 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Yeah, but they've never watched Finland play, I guess.

I think Douglas Murray is the only Swede who could beat Petteri Nokelainen. Noks isn't even that tough.

I guess Datsyuk is a heartless Russian ? I guess Malkin won the conn Smythe because of a random name picked ? Anton Volchenkov blocks the puck with any part of his body because he doesn't care ?

Even Andrei Kostitsyn gave a solid effort through a lot of his games here and seems to be doing so in Nashville.

Old
04-15-2012, 07:50 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
There is zero debate about Yakupov's competitiveness and gritty play. He's a fiery little ****er and gives all he's got. The only "small debate" was that he got a concussion before the playoffs and it affected his performance. Not much of a debate... Jabba, you're just trying to hype Forsberg by putting down the rest.
My bad. I'm not trying to hype anybody. We, here, all know that it's going to be a though decision for TT and his staff to select our player at the 3rd spot. Forsberg-Grigorenko-Galchenyuk are all high end prospects and great players..we have to project which one is going to be the best player in the future and which one will have the best career. The player that is going to make a difference when it's needed. You guys all know I've always liked Grigorenko, but seriously, it's hard not to like Galchenyuk and his upside, and Forsberg and his grit and talent.

Old
04-15-2012, 07:52 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

Try and get the 4th pick, and then draft both Grigorenko and Galchenyuk, there won't be debates anymore.

Old
04-15-2012, 08:00 PM
Dont Poke Subban
25th is coming.

aaannnddd.... this is why i want filip forsberg.

Old
04-15-2012, 08:04 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
My bad. I'm not trying to hype anybody. We, here, all know that it's going to be a though decision for TT and his staff to select our player at the 3rd spot. Forsberg-Grigorenko-Galchenyuk are all high end prospects and great players..we have to project which one is going to be the best player in the future and which one will have the best career. The player that is going to make a difference when it's needed. You guys all know I've always liked Grigorenko, but seriously, it's hard not to like Galchenyuk and his upside, and Forsberg and his grit and talent.
If anyone doesn't like a legit top 5 prospect, there's clearly something wrong with that person. Like, legitimately wrong.

But I'd never touch a guy who's played a solid 8 games in his draft year with the 3rd pick, and Forsberg is still a question mark because I haven't seen single game of Allsvenskan play out of him, his international performances leave a lot to desire.

I'd love both of them, but Grigs and Murray look like the much sounder choices.

Old
04-15-2012, 08:06 PM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatnik View Post
People have an incredibly short memory... Malkin is a great playoffs player, one of the best of his generation so far as proven by his Conn Smythe trophee.

Semin, another russian, was as good as than Backstrom yesterday.

Evaluate the players, not the nationality. I'll take Malkin before Cam Barker, Blake Wheele and Andrew Ladd, The 3 North Americans taken right after him. Hell I'd give much more for Malkin than for those 3 guys together.
Malkin should not have won the Conn Smythe. He was benched twice in the first round and was the beneficiary of soft matchups as Crosby was the main focus of the opposition.

Don't even try and make a case for Semin as he is a complete bum.

It is true that you can't make concrete judgements on players due to their nationality but it would be irresponsible to ignore any obvious trends. That being said, I don't have any real worries about Yakupov as he is a courageous little bugger.

Last edited by Estimated_Prophet: 04-16-2012 at 05:35 AM.
Old
04-15-2012, 08:09 PM
dcyhabs

If Timmins takes Grigorenko I will be happy, at least until he busts, and I'll believe his effort problems when I see them in the NHL (or fail to). I don't see a clear pick between those who have dropped due to injury vs the ones who have risen because they stayed healthy. Any one of Grigorenko (dropped, injuries...), Galchenyuk (dropped injuries), Murray (rose, healthy), Rielly (droppped injuries), Forsberg (rose, healthy) etc. could end up being the pick of the draft (sigh, I'm biased against Dumba because I don't think he is big enough to play a physical game at higher levels, maybe if he were stockier and blockier like Subban; I see multiple injuries in his future in my totally unreliable crystal ball, and Reinhart may not skate well enough for the next levels, but who knows? Trouba looks interesting too...). Based on his past selections I'm pretty sure Timmins will pick better than I do...

If I were the GM and Grigorenko were available at the 3rd pick I would take him, but what do I know? Galchenyuk or one of the D-men would be great, too.

Old
04-15-2012, 08:09 PM
Erik Estrada

Quote:
. TSN panel all stated that the country whose kids play the most similar mentality as the Canadians, are the Swedes.
Russians = treated the same way as Swedes were when I was young. (see Harold Ballard...)

Old
04-15-2012, 08:12 PM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
The most important evaluation that Timmins may have to make is to determine which of these players is strong enough to flourish in Montreal. This isn't any ordinary market and there will be immense pressure if/when dividends aren't paid immediately. Even if the prospect delivers right away the expectations will grow every year.

Old
04-15-2012, 08:19 PM
Habruti!

This is how i think it may end up on mtl's list come draft day...

1. Yakupov
2. Galchenyuk / Murray
3. Grigorenko / Dumba
4. Trouba / forsberg
5. Faksa / Reinhart

Old
04-15-2012, 08:21 PM
Erik Estrada

Regarding Backstrom vs Ovechkin in this series. My first reflection is not Swede vs Russian. It's Center vs Winger and how much more important of a position it is... If we draft Forsberg he needs to be that much more superior to Galchenyuck and Grigorenko.

Old
04-15-2012, 08:23 PM
Habruti!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcyhabs View Post
If Timmins takes Grigorenko I will be happy, at least until he busts, and I'll believe his effort problems when I see them in the NHL (or fail to). I don't see a clear pick between those who have dropped due to injury vs the ones who have risen because they stayed healthy. Any one of Grigorenko (dropped, injuries...), Galchenyuk (dropped injuries), Murray (rose, healthy), Rielly (droppped injuries), Forsberg (rose, healthy) etc. could end up being the pick of the draft (sigh, I'm biased against Dumba because I don't think he is big enough to play a physical game at higher levels, maybe if he were stockier and blockier like Subban; I see multiple injuries in his future in my totally unreliable crystal ball, and Reinhart may not skate well enough for the next levels, but who knows? Trouba looks interesting too...). Based on his past selections I'm pretty sure Timmins will pick better than I do...

If I were the GM and Grigorenko were available at the 3rd pick I would take him, but what do I know? Galchenyuk or one of the D-men would be great, too.
If there is no trade come draft day, this is exactly what will happen. We will draft grigorenko at 3! I would like to have roy' insigth on who between him or Radoulov he would take at the same age...

Old
04-15-2012, 08:30 PM
JAVO16

Quote:
My god, what is this, I don't even...

Obviously, the two best russian players in the NHL are not making ravages in the playoff this year ( I mean, common, Malkin is not on pace to repeat the Conn Smythe, the guy must be a heartless dud). This year however Backstrom has scored one gamel winning goal !! By generalization, all swedes must be clutch playoff beasts !! Let's not analyse the prospects at stake here.

Closed Thread