HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Unofficial Rumor/Proposal Thread. Offseason Recon Part 3

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-15-2012, 03:27 PM
  #176
Pointteen
Registered User
 
Pointteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,616
vCash: 500
So long as McLeod is a competent penalty killer I am on board as a plan B.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DousedInOil View Post
Hindsight is a *****. At the time moving out Brodziak and Glencross were great moves. I mean, we replaced Brodziak with a more proven two way centerman that was great on draws in Eric Belanger. Last year he had 13 goals and 27 assists for 40 points with a +11 rating (2nd amongst all forwards in Phoenix). He also took 1297 faceoffs and lead the team with 55.3%. When Brodziak played for us he had 11goals and 16 assists for 27 points and was +2. His faceoff percentage was also slightly lower with 51.6. I don't think you can fault the general manager for trying to upgrade down the middle. I'm really starting to doubt either our coaching or pro-scouts.
It happens. The thing to remember is that Brodziak became the player he is as a member of the Oilers. We can breed Lander to take over that role easily. I just think I'd rather have him start down in the AHL next season to work on his scoring. Unless Belanger is no longer an Oiler. If Belanger is gone, it's Lander's role unless Edmonton brings in a fourth line centre. May not be a bad idea. Get someone who puts everything on the line every second he's on the ice.

Pointteen is offline  
Old
04-15-2012, 03:42 PM
  #177
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(
 
Mr Forever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: COLLEGE
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,172
vCash: 500
People need to get off the Curtis Glencross ship. He isn't THAT GOOD. Honestly, he's like a harder hitting, less skilled Ryan Jones.

Mr Forever is offline  
Old
04-15-2012, 03:42 PM
  #178
raab
Where's the Heart?
 
raab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,523
vCash: 580
Gagner+MPS for J Staal?
Does Pittsburgh do it? Staal Crosby and Kennedy all have one year left and all three will probably be looking for a raise.

raab is offline  
Old
04-15-2012, 03:44 PM
  #179
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(
 
Mr Forever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: COLLEGE
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
Gagner+MPS for J Staal?
Does Pittsburgh do it? Staal Crosby and Kennedy all have one year left and all three will probably be looking for a raise.
This would be ideal.

I have a feeling Pitts will be able to keep him though. Shero is a smart GM.

Mr Forever is offline  
Old
04-15-2012, 03:44 PM
  #180
Oilbleeder
Moderator
Lead us to glory.
 
Oilbleeder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Oil Country
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,371
vCash: 81
Do the Rangers consider:

Dubinsky + Rights to Prust
for
2012 2nd round pick + Pitlick + R. Jones + Eager

Not only gives them cap flexibility to re-sign their guys, gives them replacements (albeit maybe not as good ones).

Then free agency sign Cody Mcleod and Garrison

Roll with:

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Dubinsky-Gagner-Yakupov
Smyth-Horcoff-Hemsky
Prust-Belanger-Petrell/Mcleod
Petrell/Mcleod

Smid-Petry
Schultz-Garrison
Whitney-Potter
Sutton

Dubnyk
Khabibulin

__________________
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/nemesis15/QuadSig-OB.gif <-- Credit goes to The Nemesis.

Last edited by Oilbleeder: 04-15-2012 at 03:52 PM.
Oilbleeder is offline  
Old
04-15-2012, 03:45 PM
  #181
Pointteen
Registered User
 
Pointteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
Gagner+MPS for J Staal?
Does Pittsburgh do it? Staal Crosby and Kennedy all have one year left and all three will probably be looking for a raise.
If I love the idea, then Pittsburgh says no. Staal is the pivotal penalty killer for them. His role is very important and he's not the guy to go. Look for a change in defense.
I'd like to target Paul Martin to be honest, if the price is right.

Pointteen is offline  
Old
04-15-2012, 03:48 PM
  #182
raab
Where's the Heart?
 
raab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,523
vCash: 580
Also if we did the above deal is anyone against bringing Torres back to split 2nd/3rd line duties with Smyth? Go into next season with

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Smyth-Staal-Yakupov
Torres-Horcoff-Hemsky
Hartikainen-Belanger-Jones
Petrell, and Hordichuk

raab is offline  
Old
04-15-2012, 03:49 PM
  #183
OilerTyler
Fire Lowe
 
OilerTyler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,496
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointteen View Post
I'd like to target Paul Martin to be honest, if the price is right.
I don't know about Martin. Pittsburgh fans weren't happy with his play this year. He also has a 5 million dollar cap hit and is signed for three more years.

OilerTyler is offline  
Old
04-15-2012, 03:50 PM
  #184
raab
Where's the Heart?
 
raab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,523
vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointteen View Post
If I love the idea, then Pittsburgh says no. Staal is the pivotal penalty killer for them. His role is very important and he's not the guy to go. Look for a change in defense.
I'd like to target Paul Martin to be honest, if the price is right.
Do they say yes if we add our 1st for next year? That'd be a very good return for Staal. I think they'd at least think about it.

raab is offline  
Old
04-15-2012, 03:51 PM
  #185
raab
Where's the Heart?
 
raab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,523
vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerTyler View Post
I don't know about Martin. Pittsburgh fans weren't happy with his play this year. He also has a 5 million dollar cap hit and is signed for three more years.
Think he has a NTC anyways.

raab is offline  
Old
04-15-2012, 03:51 PM
  #186
OilerTyler
Fire Lowe
 
OilerTyler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,496
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
Also if we did the above deal is anyone against bringing Torres back to split 2nd/3rd line duties with Smyth? Go into next season with

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Smyth-Staal-Yakupov
Torres-Horcoff-Hemsky
Hartikainen-Belanger-Jones
Petrell, and Hordichuk
You know there is something wrong when Smyth is in the top six and Hemsky isn't

OilerTyler is offline  
Old
04-15-2012, 03:54 PM
  #187
raab
Where's the Heart?
 
raab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,523
vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerTyler View Post
You know there is something wrong when Smyth is in the top six and Hemsky isn't
I look at it as if you could swap the middle LW's and RW's. And I'd be alright not resigning Smyth for the LW if we could find someone better to replace him.

raab is offline  
Old
04-15-2012, 04:17 PM
  #188
nofool6110
Best @ tanking ainec
 
nofool6110's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,700
vCash: 500
Anyone for MPS, Gagner and a 3rd for Couturier +? I'm so impressed with his level-headed play right now amid the ruckus of this series.

nofool6110 is offline  
Old
04-15-2012, 04:18 PM
  #189
Skm
Registered User
 
Skm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 2,361
vCash: 1551
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerTyler View Post
I don't know about Martin. Pittsburgh fans weren't happy with his play this year. He also has a 5 million dollar cap hit and is signed for three more years.
Apparently he has been worse than underwhelming this year, on the verge of being scratched. 3 more years at $5M with a NTC...stay away...

Skm is offline  
Old
04-15-2012, 04:20 PM
  #190
Johnny Bravo
1st overall again
 
Johnny Bravo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Game on
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofool6110 View Post
Anyone for MPS, Gagner and a 3rd for Couturier +? I'm so impressed with his level-headed play right now amid the ruckus of this series.
philly laughs.

Johnny Bravo is offline  
Old
04-15-2012, 04:21 PM
  #191
Skm
Registered User
 
Skm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 2,361
vCash: 1551
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofool6110 View Post
Anyone for MPS, Gagner and a 3rd for Couturier +? I'm so impressed with his level-headed play right now amid the ruckus of this series.
If you call Philly and ask for Couturier they say which one of the big 3 (soon to be 4) are you sending us. End of story.

Skm is offline  
Old
04-15-2012, 04:21 PM
  #192
raab
Where's the Heart?
 
raab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,523
vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofool6110 View Post
Anyone for MPS, Gagner and a 3rd for Couturier +? I'm so impressed with his level-headed play right now amid the ruckus of this series.
I'd do it straight up for Couturier he's a stud. But Philly won't move him, they'd move Schenn first IMO.

raab is offline  
Old
04-15-2012, 04:22 PM
  #193
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(
 
Mr Forever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: COLLEGE
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofool6110 View Post
Anyone for MPS, Gagner and a 3rd for Couturier +? I'm so impressed with his level-headed play right now amid the ruckus of this series.
Two mediocre players and a 3rd for the steal of the 2011 NHL draft who happens to be turning into a great 2-way player, not to mention on an ELC.

Yeah. For sure.

If we want Couturier we wither should have drafted him last year or we're giving up Yak for him.

Mr Forever is offline  
Old
04-15-2012, 04:22 PM
  #194
NeutralZone
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 259
vCash: 500
I wonder if it would be possible to trade up for a second top 4 pick without moving any of the kids. Probably not because I don't think any of those teams want depth over quality, but I really feel like any of the top 4 would fill a major hole.

NeutralZone is offline  
Old
04-15-2012, 04:27 PM
  #195
Johnny Bravo
1st overall again
 
Johnny Bravo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Game on
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
Do the Rangers consider:

Dubinsky + Rights to Prust
for
2012 2nd round pick + Pitlick + R. Jones + Eager

Not only gives them cap flexibility to re-sign their guys, gives them replacements (albeit maybe not as good ones).

Then free agency sign Cody Mcleod and Garrison

Roll with:

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Dubinsky-Gagner-Yakupov
Smyth-Horcoff-Hemsky
Prust-Belanger-Petrell/Mcleod
Petrell/Mcleod

Smid-Petry
Schultz-Garrison
Whitney-Potter
Sutton

Dubnyk
Khabibulin
Please Tambo

Johnny Bravo is offline  
Old
04-15-2012, 04:28 PM
  #196
Joey Moss
Proud to select...
 
Joey Moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 21,127
vCash: 226
MISSION: Become Philadelphia Flyers in 1 off-season
FIRE: Tom Renney + Kelly Buchberger
CONVERT: Taylor Hall to center
DRAFT: Nail Yakupov
RE-SIGN: Jeff Petry + Lennart Petrell
SIGN: Chris Kelly, Travis Moen, Jordin Tootoo
LET WALK: Smyth, Barker, Hordichuk, Peckham
TRADE: Omark for J. Schultz's rights / Belanger for R. White's rights / Gagner for McBain +
WAIVE: Potter

Hemsky - RNH - Eberle
Paajarvi - Hall - Yakupov
Jones - Horcoff - Tootoo
Moen - Kelly - Hartikainen
Eager/White - Petrell

Smid - Petry
Whitney - J. Schultz
N. Schultz - McBain
Sutton

Dubnyk
Khabibulin

ACCOMPLISHED: Toughness, veterans that don't suck, role players who play their role, improved defense.

Tambo, do something this off-season for **** sakes please.

Joey Moss is offline  
Old
04-15-2012, 04:32 PM
  #197
t0nedeff
Registered User
 
t0nedeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 847
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrForever View Post
People need to get off the Curtis Glencross ship. He isn't THAT GOOD. Honestly, he's like a harder hitting, less skilled Ryan Jones.
lmao you've got that sentence reversed.

t0nedeff is offline  
Old
04-15-2012, 04:32 PM
  #198
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(
 
Mr Forever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: COLLEGE
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
MISSION: Become Philadelphia Flyers in 1 off-season
CONVERT: Taylor Hall to center
DRAFT: Nail Yakupov
RE-SIGN: Jeff Petry + Lennart Petrell
SIGN: Chris Kelly, Travis Moen, Jordin Tootoo
BUYOUT: Shawn Horcoff
LET WALK: Smyth, Barker, Hordichuk, Peckham
TRADE: Omark for J. Schultz's rights / Belanger for R. White's rights / Gagner + for Sbisa or top 4 D
WAIVE: Potter

Hemsky - RNH - Eberle
Paajarvi - Hall - Yakupov
Jones - Horcoff - Tootoo
Moen - Kelly - Hartikainen
Eager/White - Petrell

Smid - Petry
Whitney - N. Schultz
Sbisa - J. Schultz
Sutton

Dubnyk
Khabibulin

ACCOMPLISHED: Toughness, veterans that don't suck, role players who play their role, improved defense.

Tambo, do something this off-season for **** sakes please.
This won't ever happen, but whatever, you've probably created my favourite off season team so far.

Love the toughness.

Love getting rid of Gagner for Sbisa

Love moving useless Omark for Schultz

Love all the UFA signings, one preference that you missed, sign Stoll

Roll with this:

Hart - RNH - Yakupov
Hemky - Hall -Eberle
Paajarvi - Stoll - Tootoo
Moen - Kelly - Petrell


Smid - Petry
Whitney - N. Schultz
Sbisa - J. Schultz
Sutton

That's a playoff team

Mr Forever is offline  
Old
04-15-2012, 04:33 PM
  #199
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(
 
Mr Forever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: COLLEGE
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by t0nedeff View Post
lmao you've got that sentence reversed.
Jones is a harder hitting less skilled Glencross?


Are you sure?

Mr Forever is offline  
Old
04-15-2012, 04:33 PM
  #200
Johnny Bravo
1st overall again
 
Johnny Bravo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Game on
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
MISSION: Become Philadelphia Flyers in 1 off-season
FIRE: Tom Renney + Kelly Buchberger
CONVERT: Taylor Hall to center
DRAFT: Nail Yakupov
RE-SIGN: Jeff Petry + Lennart Petrell
SIGN: Chris Kelly, Travis Moen, Jordin Tootoo
LET WALK: Smyth, Barker, Hordichuk, Peckham
TRADE: Omark for J. Schultz's rights / Belanger for R. White's rights / Gagner for McBain +
WAIVE: Potter

Hemsky - RNH - Eberle
Paajarvi - Hall - Yakupov
Jones - Horcoff - Tootoo
Moen - Kelly - Hartikainen
Eager/White - Petrell

Smid - Petry
Whitney - J. Schultz
N. Schultz - McBain
Sutton

Dubnyk
Khabibulin

ACCOMPLISHED: Toughness, veterans that don't suck, role players who play their role, improved defense.

Tambo, do something this off-season for **** sakes please.
OMG I would love tambo if he did this, but he won't

Johnny Bravo is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:51 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.