HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pat Brisson on CBA and Malkin...

Closed Thread

Old
12-03-2004, 04:47 PM
paul99

vCash: 500
Pat Brisson on CBA and Malkin...

For those interested, read this until the end on HF: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...readed&order=0

Old
12-03-2004, 05:05 PM
Til the End of Time

Thanks for the update. Doesn't sound too promising, especially where they mention Malkin and the Pens by name.

But we shall see.

Old
12-04-2004, 11:07 AM
blackgoldblue

Although it will be difficult now to get Malkin out of Russia, I am not that concerned. The source is Malkin's agent who had a major financial interest in getting Malkin inked before the new CBA. The new CBA will almost surely put more restrictions on draft picks' contracts (bonuses,etc.). Anyways, I think it will ultimately come down to whether or not Malkin wants to come over to NA. If he does there will not be alot Magnitorsk can do to stop him besides demand money from the Penguins. Despite opinions to the contrary, Craig Patrick is not an idiot. I have faith that Patrick has a good idea of what transfer fees will be under the new CBA and has determined that it will be cheaper to sign Malkin under the new CBA with possibly increased transfer fees than it would have been to sign him under the current CBA. I also doubt that the length of teams' rights to European drafted players will change much under the new CBA. To the best of my knowledge the NHLPA seems mostly to be run by NA players, who I doubt are that concerned with drafted, but unsigned European players. If I am wrong here please correct me. Thanks for the interview though, interesting read.

Old
12-04-2004, 02:53 PM
The Old Master

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaineer Penguin
Although it will be difficult now to get Malkin out of Russia, I am not that concerned. The source is Malkin's agent who had a major financial interest in getting Malkin inked before the new CBA. The new CBA will almost surely put more restrictions on draft picks' contracts (bonuses,etc.). Anyways, I think it will ultimately come down to whether or not Malkin wants to come over to NA. If he does there will not be alot Magnitorsk can do to stop him besides demand money from the Penguins. Despite opinions to the contrary, Craig Patrick is not an idiot. I have faith that Patrick has a good idea of what transfer fees will be under the new CBA and has determined that it will be cheaper to sign Malkin under the new CBA with possibly increased transfer fees than it would have been to sign him under the current CBA. I also doubt that the length of teams' rights to European drafted players will change much under the new CBA. To the best of my knowledge the NHLPA seems mostly to be run by NA players, who I doubt are that concerned with drafted, but unsigned European players. If I am wrong here please correct me. Thanks for the interview though, interesting read.
i hope you are right

Old
12-04-2004, 04:25 PM
blackgoldblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Master
i hope you are right
Me too.

Closed Thread