HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Alfredsson

Old
04-16-2012, 11:21 AM
salomonster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony d View Post
I know it's the playoffs but if Alfie has a concussion he shouldn't be playing tonight. I mean why risk getting a further injury?
Have faith in the team and the trainers.

salomonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 11:22 AM
slamigo
Skate or Die!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immanuel View Post
Some concussions are mild and it's not like he has a long career ahead of of him. I don't know.
Yeah, but I still think he'd prefer being able to remember his kids' names and be able to tie his shoelaces after he retires...

slamigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 11:23 AM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamigo View Post
Yeah, but I still think he'd prefer being able to remember his kids' names and be able to tie his shoelaces after he retires...
Thats what Velcro is for

WasTeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 11:28 AM
GoSensGo765
GO SENS GO!!

You guys just kill me sometimes. When and where was it even reported even for a brief moment that Alfie had a concussion? He was a bit woozy, left the game, didn't come back and had the full day off yesterday to rest. Why can't it be just that and nothing else? The elbow didn't make enough contact to give him a concussion and we're not talking Crosby or Perron status where he would get one THAT easily.

Alfie is a champ, a warrior and if he able to play he will, if he had a concussion not only would he not be playing there would be a good chance he would be done for the series.

Everything is just fine....

GoSensGo765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 11:30 AM
Icelevel
little bit better

If anyone goes near alfie tonight......LOOK OUT!

Icelevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 11:32 AM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josie Grossie View Post
Here we go!
Don't respond to him/her. The only way to make the trolls go away is to completely ignore them. You could block them too.

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 11:33 AM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

We need to get Alfie a Semenko for tonights game. If only Konopka could skate, handle the puck, make passes and not be a complete black hole offensively then he would be PERFECT!!!

Old
04-16-2012, 11:34 AM
Marble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spezza19 View Post
You guys just kill me sometimes. When and where was it even reported even for a brief moment that Alfie had a concussion? He was a bit woozy, left the game, didn't come back and had the full day off yesterday to rest. Why can't it be just that and nothing else? The elbow didn't make enough contact to give him a concussion and we're not talking Crosby or Perron status where he would get one THAT easily.

Alfie is a champ, a warrior and if he able to play he will, if he had a concussion not only would he not be playing there would be a good chance he would be done for the series.

Haha, really? Daniel Alfredsson confirmed it himself. It's been reported on twitter, as well as here:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...GVzdAM-;_ylv=3

Marble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 11:35 AM
Icelevel
little bit better

i wouldn't want to be bibi right now.

poor bibi.

Icelevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
slamigo
Skate or Die!

Quote:
You guys just kill me sometimes.

With all due respect, Mr. Spezza19, you're not a doctor, the boy's not a doctor, the only person who even comes CLOSE is this man

Old
N Bahn Ahden

Quote:

Brent Wallace tweeted "Alfredsson says he is a game time decision and that he did suffer a concussion on the hit"

N Bahn Ahden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 11:40 AM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamigo View Post
With all due respect, Mr. Spezza19, you're not a doctor, the boy's not a doctor, the only person who even comes CLOSE is this man
I only listen to this Doctor.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:49 AM
Flamingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelevel View Post

poor bibi.
Do you imagine that you're Bibi at other times?

Flamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 11:49 AM
GoSensGo765
GO SENS GO!!

Wow, than I stand corrected. I had not seen that anywhere. Must have been an extremely mild concussion that only affected him yesterday, if Alfie passed the baseline test than that's really all that should matter as that would indicate there is no more concussion, or at least no symptoms. If another hit would bring back any symptoms, than he wouldn't be playing.

Also until this morning, there was no confirmation on it. Guess PM and the team wanted to keep things under wraps. Still just don't see how if he's feeling right now and taking the game-day skate, that we don't see him in the line up tonight.

GoSensGo765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 11:52 AM
Mercurial
#lalala

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveChrisNeil View Post
We need to get Alfie a Semenko for tonights game. If only Konopka could skate, handle the puck, make passes and not be a complete black hole offensively then he would be PERFECT!!!
It'll have to be Foligno.

Mercurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 11:53 AM
Cowen Time

Quote:
Wow, than I stand corrected. I had not seen that anywhere. Must have been an extremely mild concussion that only affected him yesterday, if Alfie passed the baseline test than that's really all that should matter as that would indicate there is no more concussion, or at least no symptoms. If another hit would bring back any symptoms, than he wouldn't be playing.

Also until this morning, there was no confirmation on it. Guess PM and the team wanted to keep things under wraps. Still just don't see how if he's feeling right now and taking the game-day skate, that we don't see him in the line up tonight.
It was posted in the board before your posted. How about just asking if there is a confirmation instead of coming across like Boyle.

Cowen Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 11:54 AM
guyzeur

Quote:

Mild or not, he should be sitting this one out; there isn't any rush to put him back in. The serie is tie 1-1

guyzeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 11:58 AM
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid

vCash: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelevel View Post

poor bibi.
I'd wanna be Bibi right.

You know how sick it would be to married to Alfie?

Benny FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:10 PM
N Bahn Ahden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spensar View Post
It was posted in the board before your posted. How about just asking if there is a confirmation instead of coming across like Boyle.
It came out like 15 minutes earlier. Cut the guy some slack.

Anyway, if he passed the baseline then I guess he's medically cleared to play. Odd though.

N Bahn Ahden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:25 PM
Dysentery
Ottawa Senators

We need Alfie to play, every game is the most important game. I'm sure Alfie is fine, from what I heard he wanted back in the game but the trainer wouldnt let him. Whatever, he knows if he's good to go or not so...

Dysentery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:30 PM
slamigo
Skate or Die!

The protocol specifies that you have to be symptom free for 7 days though. Weird.

Old
04-16-2012, 12:42 PM
armani
Guy Likes

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyzeur View Post
Mild or not, he should be sitting this one out; there isn't any rush to put him back in. The serie is tie 1-1
Agreed.

We will have Alfie and Silfverberg for Game 5 in NYC. ****ing Silf had to ring the post twice during OT!

armani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:59 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

They should dress Dzuirzynski to play LW with turris & Alfredsson, not only could he add some size & muscle to that line but he would be a good choice to protect those two. KK has said he is one of the most improved players this yr, he knows his role, is tougher than Klinkhammer or Greening & is one of the Black Aces. They should also consider dressing Gryba for tonight & control his minutes. They played with five defencemen the other night & we know Karlsson & Cowen can handle big minutes. Big guys who hit everything that moves could wear the Rangers down as the series progresses. We have a lot of depth we should use it.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=8425

Greening - Spezza - Michalek
Dzuirzynski - Turris - Alfredsson - Condra or Butler could replace Alfie, if he is out
Z. Smith - Foligno - Neil
Klinkhammer - Konopka - Winchester/O'Brien - JOB needs to play much more physical

Kuba - Karlsson
Cowen - Gonchar
Phillips - Gryba - who would you rather have in the lineup Gryba or Gilroy? I like Gryba.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 02:03 PM
HappyDude
Classless

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
They should dress Dzuirzynski to play LW with turris & Alfredsson, not only could he add some size & muscle to that line but he would be a good choice to protect those two. KK has said he is one of the most improved players this yr, he knows his role, is tougher than Klinkhammer or Greening & is one of the Black Aces. They should also consider dressing Gryba for tonight & control his minutes. They played with five defencemen the other night & we know Karlsson & Cowen can handle big minutes. Big guys who hit everything that moves could wear the Rangers down as the series progresses. We have a lot of depth we should use it.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=8425

Greening - Spezza - Michalek
Dzuirzynski - Turris - Alfredsson - Condra or Butler could replace Alfie, if he is out
Z. Smith - Foligno - Neil
Klinkhammer - Konopka - Winchester/O'Brien - JOB needs to play much more physical

Kuba - Karlsson
Cowen - Gonchar
Phillips - Gryba - who would you rather have in the lineup Gryba or Gilroy? I like Gryba.
Are you ****ing loonie? Yeah great idea, lets play all these guys who have never played in the NHL before let alone in the playoffs. Lets change our lineups substantially after we just won a massive game. Please player!

HappyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 02:09 PM
Buckleys

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDude View Post
Are you ****ing loonie? Yeah great idea, lets play all these guys who have never played in the NHL before let alone in the playoffs. Lets change our lineups substantially after we just won a massive game. Please player!
I am perfectly okay with dressing Borowiecki. He's at least played some games (two, I believe), can skate and tough as nails. Not generally one for toughness, but the guy can't be any worse then Gilroy, and he'll make Rangers forwards **** there pants.

As for Dziurzynski, he is the ONLY black ace to not play an NHL game, I wouldn't want to throw him in the fire like that. And this teams biggest problem is putting the puck in the net, we're pretty tough overall.

Buckleys is offline   Reply With Quote