HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alfredsson

Old
04-15-2012, 10:34 AM
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna99 View Post
If it is Konopka has to leave MSG with Richards knee in his suitcase -it's open season on our top players, let's blow out Gaborik, Raichards, Staal and Calahan and then we'll have a series
Just take out Hank.

HeaveHo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 10:40 AM
hockeyfan747

Target their top players, I do not understand why this doesn't happen more often in retaliation. If they go after our top player with a cheap shot it is only fair that we even it out by knocking one of their top players out. I will gladly have to do without Konopka because he ran Lundqvist. Forget about suspensions, if you want to discourage other teams from cheap shotting your top players then you target their top players in retaliation.

hockeyfan747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 10:41 AM
Karl Eriksson

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan747 View Post
Target their top players, I do not understand why this doesn't happen more often in retaliation. If they go after our top player with a cheap shot it is only fair that we even it out by knocking one of their top players out. I will gladly have to do without Konopka because he ran Lundqvist. Forget about suspensions, if you want to discourage other teams from cheap shotting your top players then you target their top players in retaliation.
Agreed. McLean should send out Konopka to go Carkner on Boyle again right off the bat.

Karl Eriksson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 10:44 AM
GK
Not Jeeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Eriksson View Post
Agreed. McLean should send out Konopka to go Carkner on Boyle again right off the bat.
They took out our captain, we should take out theirs. I really hope tomorrows game isn't the same though.

GK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 10:46 AM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 420
Bruin's fan here...

I hope Alfie will be ok. I always liked him.

The best punishment is to beat them on the scoreboard. They expect to win this series...make them pay by sending them to play golf.

GO SENS !!!

04-15-2012, 10:48 AM
Godinster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK View Post
They took out our captain, we should take out theirs.
this is not a good idea.

Godinster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 10:50 AM
Jhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godinster View Post
this is not a good idea.
^. Let's just win the series in 5

Jhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 10:51 AM
Erick G

Arrows to the Knee!!

Erick G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 10:54 AM
KarlSen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Eriksson View Post

You can't go to the well that one twice in a row. Playing with 5 minute majors is to dangerous. Stache is a wily veteran and I expect the Senators will come out in game 3 on all out offensive attack mode and try to push the Rangers back on their heels.

The refs will be keyed up to keep control, because the NHL lost control of multiple games last night. Better to push hard in the Rangers end, get them scrambling, and let them get some penalties trying to slow the Sens down.

KarlSen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 10:56 AM
HappyDude
Classless

there will be no tolerance for ******** in game 3. Maclean knows this and he will dress a skill team and instruct them to play hard. Tortorella will retaliate and the refs are going to clamp down on all the ******** and Tortorella will be very angry. Snes win

HappyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 10:56 AM
SixthSens
Global Moderator
RIP Kev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyfan View Post
Bruin's fan here...

The best punishment is to beat them on the scoreboard. They expect to win this series...make them pay by sending them to play golf.

GO SENS !!!
Losing Alfie for an extended period of time would without a doubt hurt us. I'm confident now with us having stolen a game at MSG that we'll play well in front of the home crowd.

Cheers, and good luck to the B's!

SixthSens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 10:57 AM
slamigo
Skate or Die!

wait until the play the game on actual ice. The Sens have more skill and it will show. Also, I think Stache will work some magic with match-ups. Or at least I'm hoping he will.

slamigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 10:58 AM
alfstheman

Quote:
Bruin's fan here...

GO SENS !!!
This.
As much as I want to turn Haglin into a pile of ground beef, winning by taking 20 mins of penalties isnt always going to work in our favor. I expect Haglin to get min of 2 games, 4 is what I think it should be considering the intent to injure. Shanny will prolly give 1 cause he hates alfie.

This just in - Haglin has been disowned by his family and friends in Sweden and said if he comes back they will throw elbow pads at his face until he leaves

alfstheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 11:03 AM
SensFan1955

It was a ****** hit and dirty towards our captain and the least deserving of a dirty hit like that as he doesnt deliver them so why go after the ones that dont, go after the ones that can take you on...no but only cowards to that and hits the ones that dont deserve and dont hit

And i also believe that Tort was demonstrating to the ref, " He ducked ,he ducked like this...to me , to be fair, i think he was showing the ref what Alfie did, he ducked....but it doesnt take away from the dirty hit to the head , he should be suspended more than 2 games.

SensFan1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 11:08 AM
SensFan1955

Quote:
Bruin's fan here...

GO SENS !!!
So True, the only sweet revenge and best revenge is to be above them and take the series and then when 30 secs left and we are ahead 2 points, and winning the series, then EVERYBODY , BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF THEM. show them , we will not surrender and we wont take no prisoners....as true senators are..... SHOW THEM ON THE SCOREBOARD and that will be the sweetest revenge of all, laughing at them afterwards and thanking them for allowing them to go deeper in the playoffs than what we ever expected...SWEET REVENGE, WIN THE SERIES....dont below yourself to their standards, true gentleman show their manhood in their production and results

SensFan1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 11:11 AM
Melnyks Mirage
We are what we are.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stassino View Post
L O L

They are the same age, only a few problems;

John is 5 ' 7, 170 pounds and never fought at any level

Paul Maclean is 6 ' 0, 210 pds averaged 100 pim a year and was in more then 40 fights in his career...

It would look like Mike Tyson fighting Tom Cruise..
Paul looks fat to be honest. Torts looks thiner and leaner. I'd give Torts a slight edge here until Paulrus whips out the lobster traps and tags Murray for the Shawville Slam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan747 View Post
This +1000.

Take out Gaborik. Take out Richards. Run Lundqvist. Take their best players out.
If they take out Karlsson or Spezza or Michalek or Anderson we have Bishop and bring up Borocop. Let the bloodbath continue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhero View Post
We are already doing this, but if we can cause serious harm to the others, it means one less team getting in the way of our moving up the East ladder in 2012-2013.

Melnyks Mirage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 11:16 AM
Slenke

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfstheman View Post
This just in - Haglin has been disowned by his family and friends in Sweden and said if he comes back they will throw elbow pads at his face until he leaves
This.

It's blasphemy for a Swede to injure another Swede when playing in the NHL. When that player is Alfredsson it's even worse.

That said I don't believe Hagelin had intent to hurt Alfredsson even though it was a stupid hit. I base my opinion on the hit itself and the fact that it was another Swede and in this case Alfredsson. Also seeing how pissed Hagelin was with himself after the hit when he probably realized what he had done, makes me believe even stronger that the hit on the head wasn't intended. He didn't look very pleased with himself after the armbågstackling.

I'm a Rangers fan foremost but also have a liking for the Senators because of Alfredsson and now also Karlsson.

BTW, is this the first time a Swedish player have managed to hurt another Swedish player in the NHL?

Slenke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 11:17 AM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensFanDan View Post
Take out Gaborik. Take out Richards. Run Lundqvist. Take their best players out.
If they take out Karlsson or Spezza or Michalek or Anderson we have Bishop and bring up Borocop. Let the bloodbath continue!

NyQuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 11:17 AM
Neil Patrick Harris
Playoffs right MEOW

I could definitely see the league coming down on both Hagelin and Carkner. If they don't, this series could get out of hand quickly.

Neil Patrick Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 11:40 AM
sensR4real

Anyone have news on the Zibanejad injury? Apparently he got hurt in Bingo....Can he still play?

sensR4real is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 11:44 AM
Karlstrobe
Lazer Lazar

Alfverberg needs to come over right now, that spot on the wing is open!

Karlstrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 11:46 AM
Icelevel
little bit better

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButlerFutureSniper View Post
Alfverberg needs to come over right now, that spot on the wing is open!
He is not 100%

Icelevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 11:46 AM
bmw2004

Question: Do you think Hagelin did this on purpose? Yes, he should be suspended and fined because he is 100% wrong, but the guy did not want to injure your captain. I am sorry this happened and hope Alfie will be ok.

bmw2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 11:51 AM
The Turret
Jävla grisapa!

Imagine if Silfverberg comes over for game #4 and channels the almighty Alfie powers and dominates.. bricks will be shat... out of joy

The Turret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 11:51 AM
Caeldan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhero View Post
Win in 6, so it's at home!

Caeldan is offline   Reply With Quote