Notices

Hope the Bruins watched the games tonight

Old
04-14-2012, 09:33 PM
WBC8

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Hope the Bruins watched the games tonight

To remind themselves the play-offs have begun. Carkner and Neil enforcing and bullying the Rangers for a win and a good old fashioned pier sixer in the stl-sj game. Lucky Sobotka is a nice guy or DoMo would have been NoMo.

Now THIS is what I'm talking about. Bruins wake the **** up!

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 09:40 PM
thegodfather

Lou, you know I have great respect for you, but,

Would you have posted this if the Bruins had won today ?

I will say though the ones I expect to do all the hitting are not the ones leading the way.

But overall I think they are okay.

They just need to figure out Holtby...

thegodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 09:45 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Of course I would have. They are playing passive regular season hockey. Their two games have been terrible to watch. They need to kick up the passion a notch. Impose their will. Caps are no match for an ornery Bruins team nor is the rest of the east.

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 09:51 PM
reidy
@reidjjackson

Send a message via AIM to reidy
I agree 100 percent. I feel like I'm watching a regular season hockey game when I watch these guys. It's pathetic. Hey boys, IT'S THE PLAYOFFS! Wake up!

reidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 10:28 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Great post, agree Lou.

And regardless if the b's had won today, they played like garbage and even if they beat the caps, they won't make it much any further with the way they are playing.

I don't doubt they'll come out hard and play right next game

KnightofBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 10:34 PM
hubby1746

Agreed they need to step it up. These games r putting me to sleep. They shouldnt do wat Carkner did tho...

hubby1746 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 10:39 PM
Bone for your jar

The open-ice hits are there aplenty (e.g., Bergy and Seids have both made their heaviest hits of the season these past two games, both on Ovi), and there's no lack of post-whistle scrums, it's just that there's a puzzling lack of intensity in terms of maintaining net-front presence...that's the place where physicality is lacking.

Bone for your jar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 10:54 PM
BigBadBruin8
@rsox1221

Send a message via AIM to BigBadBruin8
This team needs more McQuaid. More snarl, nasty in front of the net, and no Corvo. Win-win-win (Michael Scott style).

I'd like them to start some **** for no reason at all on Monday. Just beat the piss out of someone (I'm looking at you Chimera) and get involved. We do that and the Caps don't stand a chance.

"I've gotta go run some little French guys over."--Shawn Thornton

BigBadBruin8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 11:01 PM
Whiskey Sam
Puck Monkey

I thought after last year we were beyond this crap, but evidently not. They need to be willing to work for some dirty goals instead of repeatedly taking outside shots that are either blocked or easy, unscreened saves for Holtby. Washington has to be thrilled having done next to nothing playing conservatively and coming away with a road split.

Whiskey Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 11:02 PM
bruinswincup
Black&Gold4ever!!!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to bruinswincup Send a message via Skype™ to bruinswincup
they cant get **** going offensively. Dump and chase...fail. Repeat x50

bruinswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 12:01 AM
Colt.45Orr

Chara is not playing with any kind of mean streak whatsoever. Why the hell isn't he trying to hit guys with any sort of ferocity? Maddening!

Colt.45Orr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 02:24 AM
westernhome

agreed, Lucic hasn't been scoring anyways, he might as well be roughing some guys up a bit instead

westernhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 03:40 AM
XtremeofParanoia

The forecheck just hasn't been there. Usually when there seems to be a lack of urgency you can at least look to the fourth line to establish some sort of sustained pressure, whether it's just cycling in the offensive zone or winning possession battles along the boards. Only one line has been consistently winning those board battles and, of the lines to do it, it's the Kelly line.

The only goal the Bruins scored today was a result of winning along the wall and then winning a footrace to a 50/50 puck to pot a disgusting, garbage goal. Those are the goals this team should be scoring. It's maddening to see crap like Seguin repeatedly try to stick handle through 3 defenders get stripped at the blue line, and then watch it turn into transition.

We need to see smarter decisions and a bigger will to win. I don't care how much hype Holtby is getting, we've seen this team trounce all over far superior goaltenders with far superior defenses in front of them. Having a sub 1 GF/g through two games in the Stanley Cup playoffs is unacceptable.

XtremeofParanoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 05:04 AM
BigBadZ33*

The bruins just can't play their game against a team that is as privledged as the crapitals. Ovechkin can do whatever he wants on the ice, including crosscheck players in the face, and get away with it 100% of the time. If the bruins even look at one of the gay capitol of the world players, it's an auto minor/game.

BigBadZ33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 05:17 AM
JMiller

Seems like both the Caps and the Bruins are playing to not make mistakes. You could see a noticeable shift in boston's play after they went down a goal- Chara carried the puck up ice end to end, Pouliot went all out on the goal,desperation started creeping into their game and they really started carrying the play. But when they got the tying goal it was back to playing it safe and waiting for Washington to make a mistake first.

Not to beat a old drum but, Recchi's presence would be a gift right now. Remind the team what makes em successful, that this is the and that this is the best time of the year to be playing, so enjoy it fully.

JMiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 05:49 AM
corpfan1

Almost feels like the Bruins are scared of being SHANABANNED....

corpfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 06:18 AM
8spokesontheB
Cry Havoc!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadBruin8 View Post
This team needs more McQuaid. More snarl, nasty in front of the net, and no Corvo. Win-win-win (Michael Scott style).

I'd like them to start some **** for no reason at all on Monday. Just beat the piss out of someone (I'm looking at you Chimera) and get involved. We do that and the Caps don't stand a chance.
Hey hey hey.....I'm sure Lightning Joe Corvo wasn't the problem....

8spokesontheB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 06:27 AM
8spokesontheB
Cry Havoc!

Hey....even me with my goddess licking my backside, there is no road to the Stanley Cup without bumps.....when it went to 2ot I told mah buddies "Lucky bounce will win it".......I dunno if I was right or wot but here we go these Champion Bruins

Edit: Lightning Joe Corvo!

Edit: did he say 'gold'? That's Bruins colors!!!!!

Last edited by 8spokesontheB: 04-15-2012 at 06:42 AM.
Old
04-15-2012, 06:32 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by reidy View Post
I agree 100 percent. I feel like I'm watching a regular season hockey game when I watch these guys. It's pathetic. Hey boys, IT'S THE PLAYOFFS! Wake up!
And it`s exactly the way the Caps want to play it, they had far more pop to their game yesterday (Caps) but it isn`t like there are Caps running around, trying to take heads off, starting a bunch of stuff up, watch the scrums in front, a little push, shove, then the Caps skate away and it`s done.

Rangers and Sens starting to hate one another, Rangers thought they could push the Sens around, they are starting to see that just isn`t going to happen, and I believe the Sens have hit a nerve, if Torts and his gameplan aren`t workin, then what????

And kudos for them to doing it yesterday without Alfie.

I`d like to see more hatred and nastiness too, problem is, the Caps have nobody willing to get involved in it, not an easy chore, and you would think by now, Bruin fans have seen enough of an unbalanced penalty count, you really wanna see a parade of Bruins going to the box which we all know will happen, refs tend to see only one colour when our boys are playing that style??? Not me

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 06:40 AM
mattbnh

Bruins are letting Mr. Holtby remain too comfortable. With the exception of Poo's goal, he hasn't been ruffled, while Thomas has had Laich in his lap both games. Holtby should be staring at Looch's buttocks instead of the puck. Instead we have Krejci jousting around with his stick off the ice all the time.

mattbnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 06:44 AM
JMiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8spokesontheB View Post
Hey....even me with my goddess licking my backside, there is no road to the Stanley Cup without bumps.....when it went to 2ot I told mah buddies "Lucky bounce will win it".......I dunno if I was right or wot but here we go these Champion Bruins

Edit: Lightning Joe Corvo!

Edit: did he say 'gold'? That's Bruins colors!!!!!
Unfortunately the offense has been suffering the constipation blues.

JMiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 06:48 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattbnh View Post
Bruins are letting Mr. Holtby remain too comfortable. With the exception of Poo's goal, he hasn't been ruffled, while Thomas has had Laich in his lap both games. Holtby should be staring at Looch's buttocks instead of the puck. Instead we have Krejci jousting around with his stick off the ice all the time.
If I`m Claude, at the video session, I just hit the play button on the Poo goal, and hit "repeat" for a full hour, come in after and say "that`s the game plan"

Old
04-15-2012, 07:10 AM
GoBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post
Lou, you know I have great respect for you, but,

Would you have posted this if the Bruins had won today ?

I will say though the ones I expect to do all the hitting are not the ones leading the way.

But overall I think they are okay.

They just need to figure out Holtby...
The top two line have been awful. This isn't about figuring out an Ahl caliber goalie it's about having your top two lines show up, and play playoff hockey. Most of the shots on Holtby where directly at his chest.

With the disappearances of Seguin and Peverly this team isn't going to go very far.

GoBs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 07:14 AM
8spokesontheB
Cry Havoc!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMiller View Post
Unfortunately the offense has been suffering the constipation blu]
Hey Bro, I think this little ditty sums it up:

Old
04-15-2012, 07:16 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBs View Post
The top two line have been awful. This isn't about figuring out an Ahl caliber goalie it's about having your top two lines show up, and play playoff hockey. Most of the shots on Holtby where directly at his chest.

With the disappearances of Seguin and Peverly this team isn't going to go very far.
I think we need to call a spade a spade here, Krejci is the guy who is suppose to direct that 1st line (he`s gone completely AWOL), and on the 2nd line, Marchand has been awful, hardly pinning this one on either, this is a team effort, and as a unit, this team will need to focus on simplicity and get their collective noses dirty.