Closed Thread

Old
05-09-2012, 08:28 PM
mightyquack
You're the man Teemu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupermanPahlsson View Post
And about Holland. I'm a Ducks fan living in Toronto, so I'm connected with one of the Ducks Amateur Scouts. I've heard from him, and there might be some substance considering Holland has an inability to stay up with the big club.
Not believing this for one second.

Old
05-09-2012, 08:30 PM
DuckJet
Poster of the Year

vCash: 69
I know Henry Samueli's daughter and I can tell you for sure that the Ducks are going to try to acquire Paul Bisonnette at the draft.

Old
05-09-2012, 08:36 PM
mightyquack
You're the man Teemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
I know Henry Samueli's daughter and I can tell you for sure that the Ducks are going to try to acquire Paul Bisonnette at the draft.
Well he can't be worse then Parros

Old
05-09-2012, 08:47 PM
Gliff
Kesbae

vCash: 1075
Quote:
Which one?

Old
05-09-2012, 08:50 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
With the way the Ducks have been drafting, even a 7th round pick would be a questionable trade for him.

Old
05-09-2012, 08:59 PM
Lord Flashheart
Squadron Commander

Quote:
Not worth a pick.

Old
05-09-2012, 09:14 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

In before trade them Sexton.

Old
05-09-2012, 09:41 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Bonino will be better than Holland in the long-run. Bonino's two-way game is already established, whereas Holland is much like Getzlaf in that he really needs to be motivated to play defensively and back-check.

As well (towards other posters), I don't see the Shea Weber acquisition as blowing holes in our team. We're simply acquiring a very proven commodity, a game-changer, who can help on the blue-line. We'd be trading a surplus for a skillset that is needed to win games and championships. I'm sure a lot of people didn't like seeing Lupul go in 2006 after his near 30-goal season, but everyone can't be satisfied. With Murray's drafting, the losses of Holland and DSP could be filled in future drafts. Although it costs more to make a move for Weber, it pays off more in the long-run, as there are very few players in the NHL that emulate his game.
We had holes this year that couldn't be filled when we had all of those people together. How do you not understand that we have to ice a team that is capable of playing at the NHL level? You're just assuming that because our prospects are well regarded, they must be NHL-ready. That isn't how it works(See: Nino Niederreiter).

1. Trade for Weber
2. Draft replacements.
4. Profit.

Old
05-10-2012, 12:32 AM
Gibsons Finest
R-E-L-A-X

While it's good to hear ownership would like to push for something, I wouldn't mind Murray being a little patient, at least until we get a better idea of what's the come in the new CBA. IMO good chance the cap goes down a decent amount, and even if they give every team an amnesty buyout, that's still pretty golden for us. There's a lot of teams who will struggle cap-wise if there's only a small increase, let alone a good drop. With a chance we see teams being able to send cash, we could potentially add and add big.

Old
05-10-2012, 02:31 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Ready 4 Ploffs

Quote:
I won't go as far as saying Bonino's emergence means we don't need some minor-league center depth, but surely Holland doesn't need to be kept around when Bonino signs his new contract soon.

I've watched nearly all of Holland's Guelph games and the guy is the king of phantom points. He's invisible when his team needs him, but when his team is up 5-1, he'll gladly pour it on. I'm not saying that's how he is now, but my overall impression is that Bonino > Holland.

About DSP, he's replaceable. I know you like him and everything, but you can't cloud the fact that there are better and more useful wingers in the system that could take his minutes and make more use of them. I love players like DSP, but the blueprint in which Boudreau uses makes it more likely that Etem, Rakell or Palmieri will earn minutes over DSP. I'm not saying he's useless - he's far from it - but he wouldn't be as big of a loss that people make it out to be.
Bro, are you freakin serious? Holland was a major reason why Syracuse had a late season tear and made the playoffs mostly without Palmieri......

Old
05-10-2012, 02:34 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Ready 4 Ploffs

I am not trashing Bonino either, I think he can be an excellent 3rd line center and a 2nd PP unit guy, but Hollands talent >>>>>> Bonino's

Old
05-10-2012, 05:07 AM
Paul4587

I'm not getting into the who will be better argument but one thing Bonino has plenty of is hockey smarts. That may be enough to make up for the talent difference, it certainly wouldn't hurt if he could improve his skating some more too.

Old
05-10-2012, 10:15 AM
Eddie Shack
Bamboo Harvester

Bonino impresses me as a kind who knows his shortcomings and works hard to make up for them. I think he is an overachiever. That may well turn him into an NHL player from a 7th round pick. Whether it can turn him into a second line center I don't know but I'm willing to give him a shot in the absence of anything better.

Old
05-10-2012, 10:28 AM
ninetynine*

Quote:
Well this team's fanbase loves its enforcers, but interesting move either way, I'd prefer Parros though.

Old
05-10-2012, 10:36 AM
Exit Dose

I'm pretty sure DuckJet was joking, guys.

Old
05-10-2012, 10:42 AM
Professor John Frink

Send a message via ICQ to Professor John Frink
Quote:
Bonino will be better than Holland in the long-run. Bonino's two-way game is already established, whereas Holland is much like Getzlaf in that he really needs to be motivated to play defensively and back-check.

As well (towards other posters), I don't see the Shea Weber acquisition as blowing holes in our team. We're simply acquiring a very proven commodity, a game-changer, who can help on the blue-line. We'd be trading a surplus for a skillset that is needed to win games and championships. I'm sure a lot of people didn't like seeing Lupul go in 2006 after his near 30-goal season, but everyone can't be satisfied. With Murray's drafting, the losses of Holland and DSP could be filled in future drafts. Although it costs more to make a move for Weber, it pays off more in the long-run, as there are very few players in the NHL that emulate his game.
The issue I have with this logic is a trade like this is typically made when a team is close to winning it all. Maybe falls a bit short in the playoffs and is looking for that extra push. Like the Ducks did with Pronger after he single handedly destroyed them in the 06 playoffs.

This team, as it currently stands, isn't even remotely close to contending like that team was. If this is going to be a team on an internal budget, then the two things the Ducks must have are depth and sound salary structure. A trade like this destroys that.

Weber is great, but he isn't going to save the Ducks.

Old
05-10-2012, 11:36 AM
SupermanPahlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
Not believing this for one second.
You can choose to believe me or not. I know everyone "knows" someone who is connected to the organization, it's just that I actually know a scout, the same guy who scouts most of the OHL guys like DSP and Holland.

And thanks for all the replies to my trade proposal everyone. It was my first post, and I didn't expect it to get so many replies. You certainly changed my perspective on it.

Old
05-10-2012, 11:56 AM
Exit Dose

With Wilson and Smith being benched during the playoffs, I wouldn't mind taking a shot on stealing one of them.

Old
05-10-2012, 12:11 PM
SupermanPahlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
With Wilson and Smith being benched during the playoffs, I wouldn't mind taking a shot on stealing one of them.
I always liked Wilson, and thought Burke was going to move up to get him in the 2008 draft. Wonder what it would take to acquire him?

Old
05-10-2012, 12:20 PM
SupermanPahlsson

Heard yesterday that the Cap will gain an extra six million for this upcoming season. It was 64.3 M last year, and it looks to be around 70 M this year. The Ducks were at 59 M last season, and the floor was 48 M. Anyone think the Ducks will make a move regardless, seeing as there is quite a bit of cap room + additional cap?

Old
05-10-2012, 12:39 PM
KelVarnsen
Line combos anyone?

This is assuming the CBA and league rules regarding money do no change.....

Old
05-10-2012, 12:43 PM
Gibsons Finest
R-E-L-A-X

Quote:
Heard yesterday that the Cap will gain an extra six million for this upcoming season. It was 64.3 M last year, and it looks to be around 70 M this year. The Ducks were at 59 M last season, and the floor was 48 M. Anyone think the Ducks will make a move regardless, seeing as there is quite a bit of cap room + additional cap?
How do they come to that conclusion when there isn't even a CBA in place? Also, if true, that doesn't really help us much.

Old
05-10-2012, 12:45 PM
SupermanPahlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVPeyton View Post
How do they come to that conclusion when there isn't even a CBA in place? Also, if true, that doesn't really help us much.
I heard it quoted on TheScore here in Canada by Red Wings Vice-President Jim Devellano. Just relaying info I've heard guy.

Old
05-10-2012, 12:59 PM
Gibsons Finest
R-E-L-A-X

Quote:
I heard it quoted on TheScore here in Canada by Red Wings Vice-President Jim Devellano. Just relaying info I've heard guy.
Wasn't doubting that someone said it, just wondering how they could say it when there's no CBA for next year yet. Although, the projection for a $70 million cap might just push owners to call for it to come down in negotiations, which would be good for us.

Old
05-10-2012, 01:20 PM
Gibson Les Palms
ImperiumDuckusSacrum

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
I don't get why Trotz sits so much potential offense. He did that a little last year too with Wilson. I think Wilson would be a great addition, and that kind of seems like a trade that Murray likes.

Closed Thread