HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The AHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The AHL Discuss the American Hockey League; its players, teams, and games.

jordin tootoo

Closed Thread

Old
12-04-2004, 04:29 PM
gangstajerome

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok
Keep telling yourself that Oliwa instilled fear into Tootoo. In the meantine, Tootoo threw Iginila and the rest of the Calgary team totally off their game, including Sutter, who was suspended.

Tootoo isn't as "cheap" as some would like you to believe. He had 2 charging calls last year and zero instigators.

Tootoo a one trick pony? I'll take a one trick pony that nets a team 100 powerplays over the corse of a season and throws opposing players totally off their game.

Tootoo's skills will improve in time, though he will never be a scoring line player. He didn't start playing organized hockey unitl age 14. BUT he already has the speed and saavy to make an impact in the NHL (as he's already done). Speed and smarts is what seperates him from other enforcers/agitators. Unlike most enforcers, he has the speed to keep up with anyone and agitate the heck out of them. Unlike most agitators (ie Avery), he has the smarts to know when to walk away.

keep telling yourself that tootoo isnt scared of oliwa.....

I seen tootoos face when oliwa skated up to him cause the camera had zoomed right up to them, and his lips werent moving at all, his mouth was shut and it stayed shut until oliwa was long gone.

your hero was scared for his life when oliwas attention was focused on him, deal with it.

just as tootoo knows his capabilites he also knows his physical limitations just as well and he knows when to shut up, he is not that stupid.

if tootoo thought he could take oliwa, laraque or domi dont you think he would of tried by now. tootoo would love to show all the little kids on tv how he beat up one of those real tough guys but he doesnt take them on cause he knows he isnt capable of that and never will be. tootoo will never be able to tangle with guys six and a half feet tall.

his role as an agitator is severely limited as he has to watch himself as he does not possess heavyweight toughness. tootoo will not be able to perform his role effectively because his mind will be distracted by the prospect of his facial bones being collapsed by a nhl caliber goon.

oh and about the instigator rule,
as with the US presidental election, religious quacks are in power and yield strong influence anywhere they wish in any issue they wish.
the religious quacks dont like their kids seeing violence on tv and the religious quacks get what they want cause there is many of them and they are united. (bush got elected didnt he?) so the crackdown on violence and thus an instigator rule will see light soon.

Last edited by gangstajerome: 12-04-2004 at 04:50 PM.
Old
12-05-2004, 11:22 AM
Blackhawkpride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamababe
I'll take this one trick pony all day and smile as he sends players like Klesla, Bell , and Martinek to the ice in painful fashion.
Are you talking about when Tootoo sucker punched Bell from behind and dropped his gloves, then gave him some sissy punches before Bell even knew what was going on??? Just wait til there is a season and see if he gets away with that crap. The Hawks have a whole new additude now. Baranaby will show that little twerp how its done.

Old
12-05-2004, 11:26 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkpride
Are you talking about when Tootoo sucker punched Bell from behind and dropped his gloves, then gave him some sissy punches before Bell even knew what was going on??? Just wait til there is a season and see if he gets away with that crap. The Hawks have a whole new additude now. Baranaby will show that little twerp how its done.

haha, oh pleeease. fearless tough guy matt barnaby? we'll see about that one.

Old
12-07-2004, 10:16 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkpride
Tootoo creamed Bell twice....TWICE. Despite the fact that your fight description doesn't match up to hockeyfights.com......your complaints should have been thrown out the window when he absolutely embarrassed Bell in the last Hawk/Preds game.

I know the theme here is Tootoo is cheap, dirty, skill-less, punk who will be out of the league in three years......but I just don't see that. He made it into the NHL as a raw rookie. While he hit hard and often, his hits were rarely illegal (in fact only twice), and he never once recieved an instigator. What I see here is a mob of pissed off Edmonton Roadrunner fans that are still angry at Tootoo for getting an instigator against their middle-weight agitator who ADMITTEDLY was trying to provoke Tootoo in a fight the game prior...and the game in question. Regardless of their hatred/bias against Tootoo, he still has talent, and while I will never believe he will evolve into a second line scoring machine......he has incredible speed and a very hard shot. He works hard on the ice, and if he develops his skill a bit more this year.....he could turn into a very nice third liner. Some of you here are to caught up in your wet dreams of Laraque vs. Tootoo to realize that Jordin was a very effective player at the ripe age of 20.........He has room to grow. Whether he will or not, is left to be seen, but I have a hunch that he will continue to find a niche in the NHL. He gives up everything on the ice and works to hard not to find a place in the expansion era...

Its funny how people continue to ignore the fact that Tootoo is incredibly young and already has a full season under his belt in their rush to claim he will be out of the league in a handfull of years...

12-07-2004, 10:36 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Hehehehehehe feel the love yet?

Tootoo is a spark plug. His biggest asset is he hit everyone.

Quote:
Nov 07, 2003 2pd 18:54 NAS CHI Mark Bell
Comments: Tootoo lays a crushing hit on Poapst and Bell is talking to Tootoo and Tootoo immediately drops the gloves. He throws one and misses. Bell barely gets his gloves off and Tootoo fires three more maybe one or two landing decently and Bell covers up and turtles. Bell was yapping at Tootoo after the fight.
Quote:
Mar 30, 2004 1pd 13:52 NAS CHI Mark Bell
Comments: All Tootoo wailing on a ducking Bell. Bell has his kersey over his head and is pinned against the boards as Tootoo unloads on him. Not much damage, but funny looking since Tootoo is 5'9" and Bell is 6'3". Then as the linesmen step in, Bell throws a punch and he can't even see who he's trying to hit. It looks like he might have tagged the linesman, or come close to it. Other Penalties: Jason Strudwick received an unsportsmanlike conduct.

Old
12-07-2004, 11:32 AM
Matt13

Most every team has a Tootoo and all the opposing teams hate said players.

All of Nashville loves Tootoo and hates Avery, Cooke, Ville Niememen, Darcy Tucker etc

All of LA loves Avery and hates Cooke, Tootoo, Ville Neimenem, and Darcy Tucker

All of Vancouver loves Cooke and have Avery, Tootoo, Ville Neimenen.........

You get the idea.

Too bad Mike Danton isnt going to play anymore. He was a great name for this list.

Old
12-07-2004, 02:20 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbie Verstinks
Most every team has a Tootoo and all the opposing teams hate said players.

All of Nashville loves Tootoo and hates Avery, Cooke, Ville Niememen, Darcy Tucker etc

All of LA loves Avery and hates Cooke, Tootoo, Ville Neimenem, and Darcy Tucker

All of Vancouver loves Cooke and have Avery, Tootoo, Ville Neimenen.........

You get the idea.

Too bad Mike Danton isnt going to play anymore. He was a great name for this list.

Thank you. If Tootoo had a bunch of fans in other NHL cities, especially, Chicago, Detroit, Columbus, St. Louis or Calgary, I'd be very disappointed in him.

Old
12-08-2004, 02:05 AM
CapsCrazyX17

Too bad Dale Hunter isn't around anymore, that guy was the best at what he did.

Old
12-08-2004, 04:15 AM
Vlad The Impaler

There's no need to worry! Tootoo is a future top 15 face of the NHL!

Scott Burnside said so

Old
12-08-2004, 07:57 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsCrazyX17
Too bad Dale Hunter isn't around anymore, that guy was the best at what he did.
Didn't Poile draft him also?

Old
12-08-2004, 02:40 PM
hillbilly

Send a message via AIM to hillbilly
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark
Ah but the instigator rule is what is causing stuff like the Bertuzzi situation. If there was no instigator someone would have beaten up moore right after the hit and that would have been then end of it. Since the refs are incapable of policing this kind of situation we should go back to the hired goons watching out for the team. Not many touched Gretz not because some some honour in the league. People didn't touch him cause Semenko would have beaten them within an inch of their life. That is how superstars should be protected. Cause it works
I think you're missing something. I don't think Moore would of had to of answered to an enforcer even without the instigator, I can't see Jim McKenzie or any of the old school guys beating on a guy who isn't a fighter. Thats why Cooke fought him. Even without the instigator it probably would of still been Cooke fighting Moore. Another thing is if the instigator is dropped you also seem to think Tootoo will be getting dropped, well say he is. Whats going to stop Yablonski from skating right up to someone on the other team and beating the hell out of them. Its a system of checks and balances. Even without an instigator, most enforcers will not go after Tootoo

Old
12-08-2004, 02:54 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly
I think you're missing something. I don't think Moore would of had to of answered to an enforcer even without the instigator, I can't see Jim McKenzie or any of the old school guys beating on a guy who isn't a fighter. Thats why Cooke fought him. Even without the instigator it probably would of still been Cooke fighting Moore. Another thing is if the instigator is dropped you also seem to think Tootoo will be getting dropped, well say he is. Whats going to stop Yablonski from skating right up to someone on the other team and beating the hell out of them. Its a system of checks and balances. Even without an instigator, most enforcers will not go after Tootoo

agreed, with all of that. even back in the old days, there were times mario would lay a pretty big hit on a smaller guy...and you didn't see Probert coming over to ring the bell. You'd still have a "pick on your own size" type system going.

Old
12-08-2004, 02:54 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Well, I think they might go after Tootoo, but they won't do it ad nauseum and they will have to pick their spots. There was several times last year were you knew enforcers wanted a piece of TOotoo. Ironically, several times involved legal, but very, very hard, hits against players like Martinek, Poapst, and Klesla. Tootoo won't have to answer to every hit he makes, especially the legal ones. Because if the Preds are playing a team like Columbus (Just an example) and Tootoo rocks Klesla with a hit deemed legal by both the refs and the officials, and Shelley jumps Tootoo and mauls him. Someone like Yablo is going to pound a player like Zherdev into the ground to make amends. Now if he deserves it (the hit on Chouinard from Minnesota was one), then by all means, fire away. But there are too many times where Tootoo hits a player legally and the other teams enforcer gets in a huff. He'd be foolish to go after Toots for that. Nashville has a lot of players that are willing and able to drop 'em and there's little good that can come of starting a war like that.

Old
12-08-2004, 03:23 PM
hillbilly

Send a message via AIM to hillbilly
he actually hit Henry and then Chouinard challenged Tootoo. I'm not usually nitpicky but I felt like upping my post count

Old
12-08-2004, 06:53 PM
me2
Seahawks 43

vCash: 50
Quote:
I think you're missing something. I don't think Moore would of had to of answered to an enforcer even without the instigator, I can't see Jim McKenzie or any of the old school guys beating on a guy who isn't a fighter. Thats why Cooke fought him. Even without the instigator it probably would of still been Cooke fighting Moore.
It should have been Brad May (as it should have been) not Matt Cooke he was fighting. Moore wanted nothing to do with a guy like Brad May who can fight and chose himself an easy target in Matt Cooke. No instigator and he's facing a guy whole can handle himself in Brad May. No instigator and Tootoo might find he's not so able to pick his opponents.

(hope this isn't turned into another bertuzzigate thread, its not meant to be)

Quote:
Another thing is if the instigator is dropped you also seem to think Tootoo will be getting dropped, well say he is. Whats going to stop Yablonski from skating right up to someone on the other team and beating the hell out of them. Its a system of checks and balances. Even without an instigator, most enforcers will not go after Tootoo
Tootoo won't be facing the Worrell sized enforcers, he's considered to small and insignificant for them to fight. He'd be fighting the middle weights like May.

Old
12-08-2004, 07:13 PM
roast

Personally I think McKenzie is cheaper than Tootoo

Old
12-08-2004, 07:19 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by roast
Personally I think McKenzie is cheaper than Tootoo

whoooa, where'd you get that? he's, as far back as i can remember through all the teams he's been with...been one of the "good guys," that always follows the code...

Old
12-08-2004, 07:27 PM
Vlad The Impaler

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
Didn't Poile draft him also?
Dale Hunter was a Nordique product. Played many years in Quebec. But then eventually ended up in Washington where he spent (I think) an even greater number of years, so I can see why someone would think he was drafted by the Capitals.

Old
12-08-2004, 07:27 PM
MrMastodonFarm*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
he's not really developing offensively like the preds would hope, falling more back into his agitator role. we'll see, though.
Falling back into his agitator role?

That is the only upside Jordan Tootoo has ever had.

Old
12-08-2004, 07:42 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm
Falling back into his agitator role?

That is the only upside Jordan Tootoo has ever had.

you're acting like he's just some clod on skates. he has one of the hardest shots on the team and is also one of the fastest skaters. he put up solid numbers in juniors, and the Preds' scouting(which most consider pretty accomplished) seem to believe that yes, he has the potential to be a pest that can pot a few goals too...not unlike your own wizkid ville nieminen.

Old
12-08-2004, 08:05 PM
MrMastodonFarm*

Quote:
you're acting like he's just some clod on skates. .
No actually I am not.

Jordan Tootoo is nothing more then an agitator, that is all he is ever going to be. A 4th line plugger/energy guy who gets under the skin of opposing players. Much like Tyson Nash over in Pheonix.

Old
12-08-2004, 08:07 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm
No actually I am not.

Jordan Tootoo is nothing more then an agitator, that is all he is ever going to be. A 4th line plugger/energy guy who gets under the skin of opposing players. Much like Tyson Nash over in Pheonix.

I don't necessarily disagree...I'm not trying to suggest that Tootoo might some day be a 25\25 guy...but if he maxes out at 10, 12, 15 goals(not completely unrealistic, IMO) while drawing a heap of penalties, i'm happy.

Old
12-08-2004, 08:26 PM
Boilers*

Quote:
I don't necessarily disagree...I'm not trying to suggest that Tootoo might some day be a 25\25 guy...but if he maxes out at 10, 12, 15 goals(not completely unrealistic, IMO) while drawing a heap of penalties, i'm happy.

Yeah maybe TooToo will get that sort of pointage in the AHL,oh wait you're talking about the NHL? :lol

Old
12-08-2004, 08:33 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Tootoo scored as many goals as any Pred last year. He just did so indirectly He was usually on the bench smiling because he just drew a roughing minor.

I don't think Toots upside is that high, but I think, if he works real hard on his offensive game, he could be a third liner. I doubt it though. From watching him, he has bad hands and will be one of the top agitators in the league for many years. He'll fill an invaluable role, but he won't fill the nets.

And I'm not sure the Preds want him on any other line. On any other line, he won't be able to run around with reckless abandon. He'll have too many responsibilities and we run the risk of losing what we have now.

Old
12-08-2004, 09:45 PM
gangstajerome

too too is a bum and his clocks tickin....

Closed Thread