HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The AHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The AHL Discuss the American Hockey League; its players, teams, and games.

jordin tootoo

Closed Thread

Old
12-08-2004, 10:19 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gangstajerome
too too is a bum and his clocks tickin....

glad to see he's doing his job.

Old
12-08-2004, 10:22 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
too too is a bum and his clocks tickin....
I think he's a bum too. And sure his clock's ticking. So is yours and everyone else's. I reckon he's got some good years left in 'em before that clock strikes zero though.

Old
12-09-2004, 09:22 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

thanks Vlad. I guess I should have researched it better, I'm lazy.

I've never been high on Tootoo's skills, but as an energy guy, he's great and always gets the crowd on their feet. Tootoo can fight too, he's no inforcer but can handle most guys who aren't enforcers, I'd say he's on par with Jeremy Stevenson or Walker a step above Hartnell, when it comes to dropping the gloves. He's not McKenzie, Hnidy, Allison or Yabo though.

Old
12-09-2004, 10:46 AM
Levitate

Quote:
haha, oh pleeease. fearless tough guy matt barnaby? we'll see about that one.
actually, after seeing barnaby on the rangers for the past few years, i can say he IS pretty fearless.

not that he wins his fights...but he fought guys like worrell, brashear, etc...legit heavyweights, obviously out of his league...managed not to get beat into the ground. he is pretty annoying to another team and loves to yap, but he's definatly not shy about "backing up" his yapping by fighting, even if he can't win the fight he picks.

Old
12-09-2004, 11:34 AM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkpride
Are you talking about when Tootoo sucker punched Bell from behind and dropped his gloves, then gave him some sissy punches before Bell even knew what was going on??? Just wait til there is a season and see if he gets away with that crap. The Hawks have a whole new additude now. Baranaby will show that little twerp how its done.

What's Barnaby going to do to show Toots how it's done. Is he going to jump Walker from behind and get beaten into the ground? Is that how Barnaby does it? I'm not sure Tootoo needs to be taking lessons from Barnaby and I'm not sure Barnaby is really in a position to teach Tootoo anything. The things that Barnaby does well are the same things that Tootoo does well: Agitate, talk, fight, piss off fans. The only thing Barnaby does that Tootoo doesn't as of right now is score. Barnaby is a legit 10+ goal scorer and that's something Tootoo isn't. I think Tootoo can be a 10+ goal scorer in the league someday, but he's not there yet.

Old
12-09-2004, 11:54 AM
hillbilly

Send a message via AIM to hillbilly
Barnaby is THE Agitator in the NHL. IMO he's the best at what he does. The man has a heart of a lion. I wish all NHL players played with the energy and passion he did.

Old
12-09-2004, 01:53 PM
Motown Beatdown
Need a slump buster

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
agreed, with all of that. even back in the old days, there were times mario would lay a pretty big hit on a smaller guy...and you didn't see Probert coming over to ring the bell. You'd still have a "pick on your own size" type system going.

Thats what i miss. Probert or Kocur wouldn't go picking fights with Mario or Wayne because they knew those teams goon would go after Yzerman. It was a simple code, dont mess with my superstar and i wont mess with yours.

As for that little piss ant Tootoo, i hate his fricken guts. But he could come play for my Wings anyday.

Old
12-09-2004, 01:57 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

I love Jordin Tootoo almost as much as Brad May. He is the man. I like Nash and Barnaby too. This lock-out is killing me. I really miss seeing these guys stir the pot.

Old
12-09-2004, 01:59 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWI19
As for that little piss ant Tootoo, i hate his fricken guts. But he could come play for my Wings anyday.

Old
12-09-2004, 02:43 PM
Orv

I agree with a lot of people on here. I hate Tootoo but I'd like him on my team. I'm not trying to sound like a jerk but has Tootoo dropped them with a heavyweight yet? I really don't know if he has or not if someone could enlighten me that'd be great.

He does have some things to learn though. That game against the Flames he was taunting the Flames bench and pointing to the scoreboard then once the Polish Hammer stepped on the ice ole Toots scurried off the ice pretty damn quick. Whether Trotz pulled him off or not is debatable. What I was getting at is eventually he'll learn that if he's going to talk the talk he'd better walk the walk.

Old
12-09-2004, 03:00 PM
Motown Beatdown
Need a slump buster

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orv
I agree with a lot of people on here. I hate Tootoo but I'd like him on my team. I'm not trying to sound like a jerk but has Tootoo dropped them with a heavyweight yet? I really don't know if he has or not if someone could enlighten me that'd be great.

Should he be really fighting heavyweights? I mean he's not very big. Guys like tootoo dont need to fight heavyweights thats not his job, and i dont think the Preds want him to start either.

Old
12-09-2004, 03:13 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Orv seriously, why should a 5'9" Tootoo fight the heavyweights. I mean other than the sick fascination some people have of Tootoo being pounded by Laraque, Worrel, etc......it just isn't logical by any stretch of the imagination.

I'm pretty sure he was pulled from the game by his coach, so his ducking the fight was out of his hands. ALthough, I feel pretty confident in making the statement that Tootoo doesn't want to drop the gloves with the "Polish Hammer", as you so adaquetly called him. Not only does that just give him a useless pounding, it also lets down his team. His object is to piss of the stars and take them off their game. Not to go out and try and take on the heavyweights every game because opposing teams do not like him. Pointing to the scoreboard was pretty base, but lets not get started on the Flames conduct throughout the entire game, not to mention at the end. Its too bad the suspensions handed out were not longer.

12-09-2004, 03:13 PM
Orv

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWI19
Should he be really fighting heavyweights? I mean he's not very big. Guys like tootoo dont need to fight heavyweights thats not his job, and i dont think the Preds want him to start either.
I don't know if he should or shouldn't be, I was just curious.

Old
12-09-2004, 03:23 PM
Orv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
Orv seriously, why should a 5'9" Tootoo fight the heavyweights. I mean other than the sick fascination some people have of Tootoo being pounded by Laraque, Worrel, etc......it just isn't logical by any stretch of the imagination.

I'm pretty sure he was pulled from the game by his coach, so his ducking the fight was out of his hands. ALthough, I feel pretty confident in making the statement that Tootoo doesn't want to drop the gloves with the "Polish Hammer", as you so adaquetly called him. Not only does that just give him a useless pounding, it also lets down his team. His object is to piss of the stars and take them off their game. Not to go out and try and take on the heavyweights every game because opposing teams do not like him. Pointing to the scoreboard was pretty base, but lets not get started on the Flames conduct throughout the entire game, not to mention at the end. Its too bad the suspensions handed out were not longer.
Domi has made a living taking on guys who are way bigger than him. Not saying Tootoo should but I'm just saying that it's not all that unimaginable.

I'm not saying that what the Flames did was right but what I was getting at was that being a rookie and young and cocky he'll learn that you don't disrespect the other team like that.

Old
12-09-2004, 03:26 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orv
Domi has made a living taking on guys who are way bigger than him. Not saying Tootoo should but I'm just saying that it's not all that unimaginable.

I'm not saying that what the Flames did was right but what I was getting at was that being a rookie and young and cocky he'll learn that you don't disrespect the other team like that.
I can certainly agree with that .

Old
12-09-2004, 04:22 PM
hillbilly

Send a message via AIM to hillbilly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orv

Domi probably has a 4 to 5 inch reach advantage on Tootoo and close to a 25 lbs weight advantage. Domi is short, but a heavy for sure

Old
12-09-2004, 08:04 PM
Bruins4Ever

Send a message via MSN to Bruins4Ever
Tootoo wouldn't stand a chance against Oliwa, Shelley, etc. but that's not why the Preds have him. If he can piss off the other oponents with big hits, timely fights, then the Preds are happy. You can't expect him to get 15 goals, 20 assists because he's an enforcer. He keeps the other team on their heels, and so far in the NHL he's done a damn fine job. I don't like the guy, but I'd love to see Boston take him anyday, he'd be great on our fourth line.

But that look in Tootoo's eyes when Oliwa stared him down was priceless. He probably pissed himself. Oliwa would have dropped the "Polish Hammer" on Tootoo. It's be a car wreck with a Honda Civic and an 18 wheeler.

Old
12-09-2004, 08:27 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins4Ever
But that look in Tootoo's eyes when Oliwa stared him down was priceless. He probably pissed himself. Oliwa would have dropped the "Polish Hammer" on Tootoo. It's be a car wreck with a Honda Civic and an 18 wheeler.

I can't believe I am the only one who hasn't seen that look. I saw the game twice and I have never seen any looks from him. We are talking about when he jumps over the boards and before Trotz calls him back? Must be different footage from what we got with Fox Sports South. I can't imagine he'd be too scared. He knows Oliwa isn't going to drop him when play isn't going on (that would be a massive, massive suspesion for Oliwa) and he knows he's not going to fight him even if the play started up. What does he have to be scared of? Just curious.

If anyone has this footage, please send me a screenshot. I'll probably run into him again in the near future and would love to tease him with it.

Old
12-09-2004, 09:32 PM
gangstajerome

yah , I remember that night in Calgary well too.

It must of been embarrassing for Tootoo to be seen scared by all , especially given his tough reputation and the fact that thousands of his fans were there to see him.

I would like to see the tape of that game if anyone has access to it, the look of pure fear, hahaha.

Old
12-09-2004, 09:35 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
yah , I remember that night in Calgary well too.

It must of been embarrassing for Tootoo to be seen scared by all , especially given his tough reputation and the fact that thousands of his fans were there to see him.

I would like to see the tape of that game if anyone has access to it, the look of pure fear, hahaha.

I'd love to see the one where he pounds iginla to a bloody pulp. that's entertainment...and then I can follow it up with some tape of Iginla making excuses. "he jumped me! i wasn't ready! he doesn't play fair!" tears and all. priceless

Old
12-09-2004, 09:38 PM
gangstajerome

yeah, hope tootoo enjoyed that cause the only place he will be fighting iginla again will be on his playstation. him and the other bums can have playstation tourneys.

Old
12-09-2004, 10:04 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
yeah, hope tootoo enjoyed that cause the only place he will be fighting iginla again will be on his playstation. him and the other bums can have playstation tourneys.
I think Iginla is the one having playstation tourneys right now to supplement his hockey fix.

Oh and Toots has an X-box.

Old
12-10-2004, 07:42 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Agitate, talk, fight, piss off fans. The only thing Barnaby does that Tootoo doesn't as of right now is score.
actually, as i said before, barnaby will happily take on heavyweights in the league...something tootoo won't do. so, that's at least two things barnaby does that tootoo won't

he's not always smart to take on the heavyweights, but he does...it's kind of funny sometimes

Old
12-10-2004, 08:24 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate
actually, as i said before, barnaby will happily take on heavyweights in the league...something tootoo won't do. so, that's at least two things barnaby does that tootoo won't

he's not always smart to take on the heavyweights, but he does...it's kind of funny sometimes

I'll concede that as well, though I don't think he's much better than Toots with regards to fighting. Sure, he takes on more heavyweights than Toots. He is 4-5 inches taller.

Old
12-11-2004, 10:08 AM
Levitate

yeah barnaby really isn't a great fighter...sometimes i think it's mainly because he spends way too much time showboating and yapping while he's doing it, hehe

barnaby is about 3 inches taller...6'0 compared to 5'9

Closed Thread